Author Topic: The Bunt Season 7 W/ Gary Rogers  (Read 38855 times)

Googan Christmas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: The Bunt Season 7 W/ Gary Rogers
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »
I consider Gary hit or miss with the comedy. Good for him on his success and for having skateline running as long as it’s been though.

I wonder who the Long Beach people that got butt hurt were. You can feel the anger in his voice when he started talking about it.

Everyone is hit or miss with comedy, but Gary has a knack for joke strutcture. He’s absolutely the most comedic person in skateboarding since Jason lee.
These two host are unreal, do they talk like that in real life or is it a joke?

hey pickle

« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2018, 11:29:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I consider Gary hit or miss with the comedy. Good for him on his success and for having skateline running as long as it’s been though.

I wonder who the Long Beach people that got butt hurt were. You can feel the anger in his voice when he started talking about it.
[close]

Everyone is hit or miss with comedy, but Gary has a knack for joke strutcture. He’s absolutely the most comedic person in skateboarding since Jason lee.

what chu mean doggy? everyone in canada talks like that reggie, ya smell me?! lets get dis ting poppin b

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2018, 01:03:33 AM »
Pretty good interview. Respect to Gary for saying Cory's Pretty Sweet part was one of his favorite parts (Along with Cross Continental).

Googan Christmas

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2018, 05:21:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

what chu mean doggy? everyone in canada talks like that reggie, ya smell me?! lets get dis ting poppin b

I know this is more of a gif meme place, but I’d love to see those voices coming out of the Canadian South Park characters.  No way they talk like this outside their friend group

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »
Considering Gary only "speaks the truth" he is really careful about not saying much at all.

Kind of a shitty episode.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2018, 05:40:35 AM »
Gary sounded like a guy who was afraid to speak his mind.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2018, 07:38:19 AM »
Seemed like he was mad the whole time

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2018, 07:46:52 AM »
Considering Gary only "speaks the truth" he is really careful about not saying much at all.

Kind of a shitty episode.
Does stuff for Thrasher, Thrasher needs (well, needed. I'm sure they make more money from clothes now) advertisers. Can't really talk shit because people would pull ads/get mad.

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2018, 08:18:34 AM »
Gary’s fake hard routine and incessant justifications of how “passionate” he is about skating was pretty kringworthy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:21:46 AM by Larry Sportello »

Googan Christmas

« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2018, 08:54:35 AM »
Gary’s fake hard routine and incessant justifications of how “passionate” he is about skating was pretty kringworthy.

Maybe you missed it but he grew up in the ghetto.  No one tattles (or “snitchs”) and everyone’s hard. As the hosts would say “ya dig?”

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
I've never found Gary Rogers to be funny or interesting. This interview didn't change my mind either.

Here Come The Lame Jets

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1119
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gerwer is the funniest person in skateboarding. Gary is not.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2018, 05:15:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like Skateline fine, but what a bonkers fuckin take.

Googan Christmas

« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2018, 07:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who’d I miss? Gerwer is funny in context but I was talking about constructing jokes / delivery.

And I don’t really like j Lee’s humor, but I respect that he has comedic ability.

Both those dudes (Gary and j.lee) would be better at standup or inprov then anyone else that comes to mind. You could maybe make an arguement for O’connor.  Not concidental that he and Gary have both been asked to MC events. It’s much harder than crafting quips on a message board.

Also if Dan bochart was pro I’d include him.

I like Skateline fine, but what a bonkers fuckin take.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2018, 08:40:59 PM »
Young Gary was trying a little too hard for this one- you feel me?

Know what I mean?

I’m not tryin to take no food outta no nigga mouth- you feel me?

Was weird to listen to

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1332
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2018, 08:47:19 PM »
Gary's cool and I watch all his stuff every week. Gerwer is definitely the funniest dude tho.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Dead Ringers

« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »
I really like watching Skateline, but I never want to hear from him outside of that.

IHOP

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2018, 10:40:59 PM »
Gonna cast my vote for grant yansura being one of the funniest in skating.  He might not have as much screentime but from the childish weekendtage jokes to all the serious/funny stuff he does now with wknd like the goodfool, id say hes in the top 5 for sure.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2018, 10:51:33 PM »
Thanks Gary, for the laughs and entertainment and props for your skating too....
I wanna also give props to Pilot Light for being one of the funniest (writers) in skateboarding, even though I don't get 33 % of the references and probably don't even notice a bunch of others.
https://boiltheocean.wordpress.com/
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
  • Free Max B
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2018, 04:38:08 AM »
This kid has never been funny, always stood out as a tryhard cornball jocking whatever thrasher tells him to. Can anyone confirm this dudes actually even from a rough neighborhood(s)? Most people that really are won’t go out of their way to say “yo I live by the streets yo” every other sentence.

Kids mom must be fuckin someone at thrasher. Get in where ya fit in I guess.

Why do those bunt kids talk so stupid? It has to be some sort of inside joke but that shits hella cringe.

Free max b.

FREE MAX B

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2018, 04:54:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Gerwer is the funniest person in skateboarding. Gary is not.

Honestly considering his interviews that have actually made me laugh a lot I’d give it to jerry
try to remember, forget

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »
Can you actually download theBunt podcasts anywhere? I'm not trying to pay for wifi on airplanes to listen to this shit.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2018, 09:09:43 AM »
I like Gary's comedy but he takes himself way more serious than I thought. Talked about "being signed" with Metro and then Thrasher. They aren't record labels and your not a rapper Gary.

bigrigbutters

« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2018, 09:16:39 AM »
yeah he seems to have gotten more hood the older he gets, usually the other way round...

Can you actually download theBunt podcasts anywhere? I'm not trying to pay for wifi on airplanes to listen to this shit.

just use a soundcloud downloader

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2018, 09:39:45 AM »
Shoulda seen what this dude was wearing at the Dime weekend in MTL. Looked like a fucking clown. I walked by him thinking he was some corny ass rapper dude, didn't even realize it was him at first.

Googan Christmas

« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
Shoulda seen what this dude was wearing at the Dime weekend in MTL. Looked like a fucking clown. I walked by him thinking he was some corny ass rapper dude, didn't even realize it was him at first.

Did you have a cool kit (or threadz)?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2018, 12:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you have a cool kit (or threadz)?

Duh.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
Gonna cast my vote for grant yansura being one of the funniest in skating.  He might not have as much screentime but from the childish weekendtage jokes to all the serious/funny stuff he does now with wknd like the goodfool, id say hes in the top 5 for sure.

Grant is definitely really funny, him together with Boosh and Bob seems like it would be the recipe for an amazing skate podcast haha.
My other fav person, although he might not me popular here, I've always loved Sinclair.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »
Yo my dogs- is the people’s podcast done for the season?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Grant is definitely really funny, him together with Boosh and Bob seems like it would be the recipe for an amazing skate podcast haha.
My other fav person, although he might not me popular here, I've always loved Sinclair.

Sinclair is somewhat of an annoying prick but he's equally hilarious and a great storyteller, so it evens out.