Author Topic: Cheapest countries to go skate  (Read 3336 times)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
Cheapest countries to go skate
« on: September 29, 2018, 01:10:55 PM »
What are the cheapest countries in asia and europe with decent spots and scene to skate

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
Re: Cheapest countries to go skate
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:13:34 PM »
anyone ever been to south korea, thailand, georgia?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
Thailand is a lot cheaper than South Korea.

Have you been to Asia before?

South East Asia is certainly cheap compared to US/Western European standards but has challenges for skating- weather (hear and rain), crowds, rough surfaces etc. Still plenty of spots and other perks however.

North East Asia is more expensive but probably better for skating as it's more developed. Crowds are still an issue in most cities though.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 07:00:03 AM »
Eastern Europe has tons (not Georgia). SE Asia isn't going to blow your mind in the skate dept. Most big cities don't have much of a scene. Seoul and Tokyo do, sure, but that's not SE Asia and far from what most people would consider "cheap". Eastern Europe is also cheaper than SE Asia + less haggling/people trying to rip you off.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »
poland is pretty cheap and has a lot of spots, especially warsaw, cracow, the tricity, lodz, katowice and poznan
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 03:49:56 AM »
i hear prague is super cheap and it has stalin square
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
Yeah, Prague is cheap and a great city to skate. If you are willing to search out some new spots Montenegro is pretty cheap and there are alot of beautiful women (and men) and great untouched spots. If you find a cheap place to stay Berlin is actually pretty cheap too. Drinks, Food and if you know your way arround a bit also the nightlife is still very affordable.

Ecuador is really cheap, the locals are nice and there are some epic skateparks. I loved it when i was there 8 years ago and I am thinking about taking another trip to that country next year.

chirs

• Rep: 1
  • i have diarrhea every single day
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »
i'm sure there are cheaper and more interesting places to go, but shanghai really is a sure shot. round trip tickets from nyc drop as low as $400, split an airbnb with a couple friends for two weeks and spend $150 a person, eat like a king for less than $15 a day, and every 50 feet theres a plaza with a foot high kink hubba and ledges all around it.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 01:44:33 AM »
I would add Sofia, Bulgaria to the list. Went there more 10 years ago but this spot here alone is worth the visit (sorry for shitty video, all I found right now).

As some people already said, most of Eastern Europe is cheap, there are a lot of good spots and beautiful girls plus it feels a little adventurous to go there ;).

coalition_msk

• Rep: 3
    • КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »
Moscow Russia is kinda cheap. Local currency is fucked. We're cheaper then Asia now ;D
Spots are good and plenty.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »
Moscow Russia is kinda cheap. Local currency is fucked. We're cheaper then Asia now ;D
Spots are good and plenty.

This spot is soooo much fun. Sasha Tushev's nose manual has to be the gnarliest trick ever done at this spot.

Also, Cuba is super cheap. if you can get in with the locals, you can easily eat for less than a dollar a meal.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

coalition_msk

• КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »

This spot is soooo much fun. Sasha Tushev's nose manual has to be the gnarliest trick ever done at this spot.

;D True. You Russian?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »

I'm glad I looked it up because it turned out to be exactly what I guessed it would be from your post

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 08:59:17 PM »

I'm glad I looked it up because it turned out to be exactly what I guessed it would be from your post

Sasha is trying to make a come back. I'm curious if it'll work out for him.

You Russian?

I spent a winter/spring skating with the locals a few years back. Moscow is one of my favorite scenes in the whole world. The Absurd and Nasvay guys are the absolute best. I was supposed to write an article about the Moscow scene, but, sadly, a few things got in the way and I never had a chance to publish it.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

coalition_msk

• КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sasha is trying to make a come back. I'm curious if it'll work out for him.

Expand Quote

You Russian?
[close]

I spent a winter/spring skating with the locals a few years back. Moscow is one of my favorite scenes in the whole world. The Absurd and Nasvay guys are the absolute best. I was supposed to write an article about the Moscow scene, but, sadly, a few things got in the way and I never had a chance to publish it.

Yeah he is :D

No more Nasvay thou

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
 China is hard to beat. beijing and shanghai have amazing food, good public transit, cheap hostels and way too many spots. Lots of other good cities to skate in China but you cant go wrong with the majors.

BarbaraStreisand

• Rep: -12
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 04:46:03 AM »
Went to Albania a couple years back, it's developing, so there's a lot of new perfect spots along some old Communist crust.

Beer and food is ridiculously cheap.

brbraaah.