Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 185628 times)

OldmanEpic

Re: BATB 8
« Reply #990 on: June 23, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
If you wanna good varial flip focus on the pop shove it aspect and they pop nice and flip nice

If you do that half turn flick method then it looks like a little kid doing it

shark tits

« Reply #991 on: June 23, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »
when i was 19 i had court in the morning for some heavy shit. my name wasn't on the docket but they had my neighbor in my stead and i was trying to get him out by claiming the shit.
i'd just done 2 yrs in juvie and was about to throw away who knows how many yrs for home invasion/assault so i was at mobil [across from honey farms] getting it in. figured if i'm throwing my life away i want to get 360 flips first.
then go pass out in my squat and  ride to court w/ my buddy's dad.
i didn't get 360 flips, i battled and battled til i had fakie varial flips.
it was a failure that i was proud of.
the courts ended up giving my buddy a deal he couldn't refuse [4 yrs to run concurrent w/ a 4 for violating probation by getting arrested in the first place and he plead it out along w/ his brother and a codefendant].
i squatted w/ my guilt and somewhere over those 4 yrs my fakie varial turned around and matured into a 360 flip. it was hard for them to co-exist w/in me so i held onto the 360 flip w/ my cold dead hands and let the chain wallet/hippie flip/khloe flip/easy flip slip away in the dead of night like a battered woman.
stuff got fucked up w/ me and my pal who did the 4 yrs. we chat about gardening on the computer now and again [20 yrs later].
i can do a varial flip under duress [game of SKATE] but otherwise it's like double flips would mess w/ my goodtime kickflip so i just do the better version.

needlejuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #992 on: June 23, 2015, 06:54:06 PM »
yeah variel flips were among my first tricks and once learning tre flips they kind of faded into obscurity. never got reg tre flips that well, I still land them with my fet close together and honestly can pop them switch better. I can fakie tre pretty well though and have taken that down some gaps and minor stairs. that being said I love sniff buttholes post and prob one of my favorite posters on here, thank you
try to remember, forget

shit_for_brains

« Reply #993 on: June 23, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
yeah variel flips were among my first tricks and once learning tre flips they kind of faded into obscurity. never got reg tre flips that well, I still land them with my fet close together and honestly can pop them switch better. I can fakie tre pretty well though and have taken that down some gaps and minor stairs. that being said I love sniff buttholes post and prob one of my favorite posters on here, thank you

No, thank you

crackaollie

• Rep: 8
« Reply #994 on: June 24, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »
Varial flips are alright, though I do them only when someone does one in a game of skate. My personal reason no to do varial flips are because they are too hungry, they eat shoes like no other trick and the feel and aesthetics doesn't compensate the damage.

Check this line at 1:56 Kenny Reed does the best fakie varial flip.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmqp1Vv6Ro&feature=youtu.be&t=116

needlejuice

« Reply #995 on: June 24, 2015, 04:41:14 AM »
anyone else notice how they cut out that clip of codys dumb face after he misses his biggerspin
try to remember, forget

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2015, 05:26:37 AM »
anyone else notice how they cut out that clip of codys dumb face after he misses his biggerspin

I get the feeling if/when cepeda loses a game we will see him focus his board (:
p-shuvs and v-flips

jomeara1

« Reply #997 on: June 24, 2015, 06:26:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Once I learned 360 flips I started to forget about varial flips honestly. 
[close]

Sorta the same (this was WAY back in, like, 94-95) but if I'm being honest it's also because varial flips are significantly harder to do.  360 flips just kinda fall into place naturally whereas varial flips require a lot more control.

Yeah 360 flips definitely feel more natural to me. With varial flips I have to actually think hard about what I'm doing lol.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #998 on: June 24, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
At least you can depend on Haroshi making one hell of a trophy.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #999 on: June 24, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »
At least you can depend on Haroshi making one hell of a trophy.

two girls and one cup is what comes to mind

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #1000 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
Two buttholes one screwdriver.

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #1001 on: June 24, 2015, 11:09:35 PM »
Variel flips are easier than kickflips and 360 flips thats why they are looked down upon.  You can use the back toe to make up the deficit of a proper front flip, but without the full force or scoop that makes a 360 a challenge to learn (at the outset). 

That's why they are clowned and universally for baby-legged dipshits.  Also, QED, a switch one is why based-flatground God Luan lost the game. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:01:40 PM by Lusty RunchBox »

needlejuice

« Reply #1002 on: June 25, 2015, 05:36:00 AM »
Variel flips are easier than kickflips and 360 flips thats why they are looked down upon.  You can use the back to to make up the deficit of a proper front flip, but without the full force or scoop that makes a 360 a challenge to learn (at the outset). 

That's why they are clowned and universally for baby-legged dipshits.  Also, QED, a switch one is why based-flatground God Luan lost the gain. 

also the fakie variel heel was a poor choice. I feel like he would've had a better chance doing a hardflip revert he does them way to easily. but luan doesn't go straight for the throat even when hes down to T. he always keps throwing in basics around hammers which makes hima good watch. but ultimately screws his games
try to remember, forget

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1003 on: June 25, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
yea i feel like Luan is forever cruisin just doin whatever trick he feels like. i could care less who wins this thing, rather Luan have made to the final because i actually enjoy watching him skate flatground cant say the same for Cepeda.

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #1004 on: June 25, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »
also the fakie variel heel was a poor choice. I feel like he would've had a better chance doing a hardflip revert he does them way to easily. but luan doesn't go straight for the throat even when hes down to T. he always keps throwing in basics around hammers which makes hima good watch. but ultimately screws his games

Yeah, it does seem to be the 2nd or 3rd time that has happened. 

What about that nollie 360 flip backside 180 he did in the pregame / intro?  I mean, granted he wasn't 5 pushes deep but to beat to that afternoon slow-pusher Cepeda it may have been worth it. 

jomeara1

« Reply #1005 on: June 25, 2015, 01:09:03 PM »
jw but how long is the time gap between the time they film these games and the time they post them on the site??

needlejuice

« Reply #1006 on: June 25, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
im sure anyone with that info is restricted from posting it. im sure there are rule booklets given out to anyone who enters the berrics
try to remember, forget

southsecond

« Reply #1007 on: June 25, 2015, 01:15:18 PM »
Varial flip appreciation thread.

southsecond

« Reply #1008 on: June 25, 2015, 01:16:10 PM »
jw but how long is the time gap between the time they film these games and the time they post them on the site??

Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the brackets and who is available to skate on what days.

There are prominent "no tweeting" and "no photos" signs when you enter.

jomeara1

« Reply #1009 on: June 25, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the brackets and who is available to skate on what days.

There are prominent "no tweeting" and "no photos" signs when you enter.

Makes sense.  After watching some of these it seems like they film a shit load of them in one day

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #1010 on: June 25, 2015, 04:03:55 PM »
Can't wait for tomorrow when Billy Buttchin and Rolo Lemoncurds battle it out LIVE in the concrete octagon. 

needlejuice

« Reply #1011 on: June 25, 2015, 05:26:48 PM »
cepeda is a kook. calling out luan on strange etiquette by starting off w a tre flip. this is coming from the same guy who won the roshambo against oneill and the first trick he tried in the game was a sw fs biggerspin. god that dude is the worst
try to remember, forget

Lusty RunchBox

« Reply #1012 on: June 25, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »
cepeda is a kook. calling out luan on strange etiquette by starting off w a tre flip. this is coming from the same guy who won the roshambo against oneill and the first trick he tried in the game was a sw fs biggerspin. god that dude is the worst

Thought the same thing.  I wanted to reach through the screen and channel my Dad and tell him to mind his manners and get his fucking elbows off the table. 

He is a guest in skateboarding, a guest at BATB, a guest in the pro ranks, figuratively (no board sponsor) and literally (no board sponsor), so show some tact and try and not jump to the "etiquette" schtick when it's a 360 flip, and far cry from a Cory Kennedy vs. Peter Ramondetta scenario. 

pinch a loaf

« Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2015, 05:31:18 AM »
Lets just be thankful at how blessed we all are that will fyock got eliminated.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2015, 06:27:09 AM »
That was an awesome game though, they are crazy consistent

jomeara1

« Reply #1015 on: June 26, 2015, 03:43:28 PM »
is anyone here actually gonna watch it live??

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1016 on: June 26, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
I will, I'm on a nightshift and it's marginally more interesting than what I do for a living.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #1017 on: June 26, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »
I watched it last year. Interesting to see the games in real time.

jomeara1

« Reply #1018 on: June 26, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »
I wanted to watch it live last year but I forgot about it over time.  I'll make sure to catch it tonight.

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1019 on: June 26, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »
So I just rewatched the Cepeda vs Luan shit show, and there is no fucking way, the double half cab flip he does on defense flips twice. Not only that but watch the "double backside flip" he does.. What a crock of shit, just give him a pass because he is a double flipping fuckboi..
Slo mo that shit, I want answers Berra...