Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 543481 times)

larryhagman

Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2310 on: October 28, 2020, 10:10:34 AM »

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2311 on: October 28, 2020, 10:12:30 AM »

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having that.  :o

slappy50

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2312 on: October 28, 2020, 12:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
hey slap, I have been riding the regular winkowski shape and quite liking it. I’ve gotten myself interested in acquiring the winkowski “birdcage” shape for a little more nose and overall functionality (and shorter wb!) do any pals know where I could find one of these decks, ideally in canada?

my current winkowski setup is the “hellpiercer graphic with ace 55 (silver hangar, black baseplate, custom), popped bones reds, and bones spf 101 54 mm down to about 51 w/ popped reds. it’s a blast

thank you and shalom pals
[close]

Fuck man that shits been sold out everywhere. Does it magic carpet much with the 55s?
it’s not *too* bad on the regular winkowski. it’s just under flush up front and hotrods a pretty good amount over the back. i’m running v6 conicals so if you look directly at the edge of the board you can see half the wheel. it’s 8.38 over the back so it’s pretty underhung. it feels good though, more stable and surfy than 159s.
niggling

[/quote]

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #2313 on: October 28, 2020, 03:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, im with you on that...id prefer it in oak maybe, to fit in with other scandy furniture...but looks cool

TumKayo

« Reply #2314 on: October 28, 2020, 04:54:57 PM »
Lol. An 11" Egg would be nice, 15.5" wb, 34" long. Talk about a surfboard. I'd buy one.

I put my 10" Egg on Ace 66, and it's not going to work out. The 66s turn really well, albeit a little twitchy, but I needed 1/4" risers and .1" shock pads to get rid of wheelbite. At that point, I felt too high off the ground. I tried them with just the 1/4" risers, and I was getting bite still. I tried to tighten them down a bit, and the bushings just fold off and over the washer thing. 55mm OJ Mini Super Juice wheels.

Back to Indy 169s, with just the .1" shock pad. No wheelbite with these cruiser wheels, although I can tighten them down a little more without the bushings getting weird.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #2315 on: October 28, 2020, 05:03:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, im with you on that...id prefer it in oak maybe, to fit in with other scandy furniture...but looks cool

I would buy that, but it would look better in oak and maybe a football shape, but that’s just me.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #2316 on: October 29, 2020, 05:09:22 AM »
My new digs.
ok thanks

TumKayo

« Reply #2317 on: October 29, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »
My new digs.

Such a sick set up. Is the board completely purple dipped?

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #2318 on: October 29, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »
Although a little colorful for my taste. I can say I appreciate the cohesiveness of this set up. It's beautiful! Nice work
Proverbs 27:17

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2319 on: October 29, 2020, 10:04:18 AM »
has anyone ridden the scram “bog shape” deck? it looks like a pretty cool board, just curious of the width over the trucks, and wether or not ace 55 would work on it
niggling

[/quote]

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2320 on: October 29, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
Expand Quote
My new digs.

[close]

Such a sick set up. Is the board completely purple dipped?

Yup and razor top! and thank you.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2321 on: October 29, 2020, 10:40:37 AM »
Although a little colorful for my taste. I can say I appreciate the cohesiveness of this set up. It's beautiful! Nice work

Thanks!

I thought so too. When I skated before I had serious fucked up OCD, I even thought I had it coming back to skating after like 12+ years away, but truthfully Im much more relaxed now. I even have, gulp, a quiver! its weird, but so far, so good. The colors are great. I skated this board a bit this morning and the only thing I found slightly off-putting is the way the nose tapers, but itll be fine.
ok thanks

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2322 on: October 29, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks!

I thought so too. When I skated before I had serious fucked up OCD, I even thought I had it coming back to skating after like 12+ years away, but truthfully Im much more relaxed now. I even have, gulp, a quiver! its weird, but so far, so good. The colors are great. I skated this board a bit this morning and the only thing I found slightly off-putting is the way the nose tapers, but itll be fine.
show a pic set up!

sketchyrider

« Reply #2323 on: October 29, 2020, 11:18:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks!

[close]
show a pic set up!

word, i never know whats going on with a board til there's grip on it

TumKayo

« Reply #2324 on: October 29, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks!

[close]
show a pic set up!
[close]

word, i never know whats going on with a board til there's grip on it

Same here. I want to see one of those 10” craig gold rush boards all gripped and set up, but cant find.

Show us Big Dave! How are you liking the razortop?

I dig the witch, but have enough razortops for now. I like it, but prefer normal top I think.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:24:17 PM by TumKayo »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2325 on: October 29, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »
Need a big boy 9"+ roll call update now on everyone's fall set ups. top pics as well.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2326 on: October 29, 2020, 03:13:47 PM »
Need a big boy 9"+ roll call update now on everyone's fall set ups. top pics as well.
My current is a couple pages back, but I am building a fresh fall fatty by next weekend. I assure you it will be posted here, as noone else would ever giving a flying fuck about it.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2327 on: October 29, 2020, 03:18:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My current is a couple pages back, but I am building a fresh fall fatty by next weekend. I assure you it will be posted here, as noone else would ever giving a flying fuck about it.

Yeahhhh buddy! Got a freashy waiting for me at home can’t wait to crack into that shit.

Don’t you worry, the big boys will be bringing the big heat

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2328 on: October 29, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »

My TU deck got a fat break in to from doing a bunch of fs bonelesses into disasters, but the rails kept it from fully breaking even though it's the reason why it's broken in the first place. There's also fat pressure cracks, but that didn't affect performance. Still good to use as a cruiser (if I had the parts) but too sketchy to actually skate transition.

Been skating this old Jason Adams punk point deck that I've had for months. Didn't like how it performed initially and got sick of seeing the graphic, so I sanded and spray painted the Black Label Thumbhead graphic on it. This was months ago and now that I'm skating it again, all of a sudden this shape is just really good.

Black Label Jason Adams 9.5" x 32.75" with 14 5/8"WB
Indy 169 Standards with 90a aftermarket Indy bushings (USA Indys just to flex :^))
Speedlab Slappy Hour 56mm 99a wheels
Bones Swiss
MOB
1/4" Risers
Shorty's 1/4" hardware

Original graphic:

The day after I finished it:

If this shape had a 14.5" WB and was slightly shorter (maybe 32") then it would be even better.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2329 on: October 29, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
damn right! We love your fatties
How’re you liking 6.1’s on shaped?

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2330 on: October 29, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Thanks man, I dont really like the 6.1's that much to be honest, they seem very heavy to me. I think I will stick with my 161 thunder hollows from now on.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2331 on: October 29, 2020, 05:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Thanks man, I dont really like the 6.1's that much to be honest, they seem very heavy to me. I think I will stick with my 161 thunder hollows from now on.
yeah I can see that at 52.5mm high and 346g. Wonder how the 6.1 V-Lights are at 356g

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2332 on: October 29, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
yeah I can see that at 52.5mm high and 346g. Wonder how the 6.1 V-Lights are at 356g
I would like to try some v-light 6.1's. I love my 161's alot, but a 8.75 truck is probably more appropriate for the shapes I like.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: October 30, 2020, 12:53:57 PM »
My wife sent my mom the little wishlist I put together on tactics. I had multiple decks on there and she came in clutch with the same polar deck and a set of bones big balls.

online find duplicates

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2334 on: October 30, 2020, 12:55:49 PM »

Slippery/crusty spot big boy to get me through the winter months pretending I'm Knox or Dressen.

-Dressen Slick. An nostalgic impulse buy last year that I finally set up.
-Indy 159 standards, 88a conical aftermarkets. 1/8" risers, long hardware for period correct authenticity.
-OJ Nomads, 54 95a. Was holding out for the 97a F4s but got antsy. Mix matched bearings.

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #2335 on: October 30, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »
^ sick set up! Idk why But I immediately think Dale Earnhardt, and that's a good thing!
Proverbs 27:17

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2336 on: October 30, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »

Slippery/crusty spot big boy to get me through the winter months pretending I'm Knox or Dressen.

-Dressen Slick. An nostalgic impulse buy last year that I finally set up.
-Indy 159 standards, 88a conical aftermarkets. 1/8" risers, long hardware for period correct authenticity.
-OJ Nomads, 54 95a. Was holding out for the 97a F4s but got antsy. Mix matched bearings.
That same shape in an SMA everslick was my first skateboard almost 30 years ago I couldn't love that setup more.. Nicely done holmes.

uptherecazaly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2337 on: October 31, 2020, 04:20:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey slap, I have been riding the regular winkowski shape and quite liking it. I’ve gotten myself interested in acquiring the winkowski “birdcage” shape for a little more nose and overall functionality (and shorter wb!) do any pals know where I could find one of these decks, ideally in canada?

my current winkowski setup is the “hellpiercer graphic with ace 55 (silver hangar, black baseplate, custom), popped bones reds, and bones spf 101 54 mm down to about 51 w/ popped reds. it’s a blast

[close]
it’s not *too* bad on the regular winkowski. it’s just under flush up front and hotrods a pretty good amount over the back. i’m running v6 conicals so if you look directly at the edge of the board you can see half the wheel. it’s 8.38 over the back so it’s pretty underhung. it feels good though, more stable and surfy than 159s.
[close]

I'm well acquainted with the Winkdogs, I think my dream shape would be:
The squareish old tail, the new shape from the rear trucks to the centre, old 10.34" wingspan from rhe centre to the front truck, with the new nose. Double drilled.

But right now I've got the classic shape on 159s and 58mm spit conicals, and the new shape on 55s and 55mm spit classics.

TumKayo

« Reply #2338 on: October 31, 2020, 05:19:24 PM »
Thanks to 144p for the inspiration

35th Ave 9” deck
Indy 159 standards
2.54mm mini logo shock pads
54mm 99a cheap blank wheels
China reds

First impressions are great, but I think swapping in some 169s will make it perfect.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2339 on: October 31, 2020, 06:05:47 PM »
Thanks to 144p for the inspiration

35th Ave 9” deck
Indy 159 standards
2.54mm mini logo shock pads
54mm 99a cheap blank wheels
China reds

First impressions are great, but I think swapping in some 169s will make it perfect.
length and wb? My 9” pop w 15” wheelbase is just too much for street