Author Topic: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior  (Read 36678 times)

Bony cawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
Re: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 07:00:40 AM »
being a twat is fucked regardless, not with standing the consequences of obnoxious behavior or tagging along on the back of cars being a goon, you see what happens when getting clipped or run over by cars?! too many examples and in no way am I saying those that got hurt or lives taken by carelessness was their fault. Just like The Gambler said know when to hold em and know when to fold em.  after their recent incident they'd dial it back like hey maybe we shouldn't be as jerkass's.

I get what your saying. City “street” skating is almost it’s own genre of skateboarding. Million times more dangerous than skateboarding in the suburbs. Skate at your own risk, but try not risk the lives of others.

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2019, 07:01:07 AM »
Can someone explain?
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2019, 07:12:18 AM »
If the original post was unclear, I’ll try to re-explain.

While pretty much every skater ever has had had a board slip out and inconvenience someone or skated into the street without looking and got honked at, GX is purposely using drivers and pedestrians as added danger/edginess to their clips.

I love the rawness of some of their stunts, and the skating itself is impressive. But it’s gotten to the point where their attitude ruins the skating.

They’ve started shit with security guards (with tragic ends) skitched and lost life, and now they are pushing full blast down mountain roads forcing oncoming drivers off the road into the shoulder. 

Nobody consented to any of this, GX is basically using innocent people and putting them in danger (or danger of trauma) for fame.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:14:57 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Nollie FS 180

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2019, 07:14:34 AM »
If the original post was unclear, I’ll try to re-explain.

While pretty much every skater ever has had had a board slip out and inconvenience someone or skated into the street without looking and got honked at,
GX is purposely using drivers and pedestrians as added danger/edginess to their clips.

They’ve started shit with security guards (with tragic ends) skitched and lost life, and now they are pushing full blast down mountain roads forcing oncoming drivers off the road into the shoulder.

Nobody consented to any of this, GX is basically using innocent people and putting them in danger (or danger of trauma) for fame.
ok I understand now

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2019, 07:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote
being a twat is fucked regardless, not with standing the consequences of obnoxious behavior or tagging along on the back of cars being a goon, you see what happens when getting clipped or run over by cars?! too many examples and in no way am I saying those that got hurt or lives taken by carelessness was their fault. Just like The Gambler said know when to hold em and know when to fold em.  after their recent incident they'd dial it back like hey maybe we shouldn't be as jerkass's.
[close]

I get what your saying. City “street” skating is almost it’s own genre of skateboarding. Million times more dangerous than skateboarding in the suburbs. Skate at your own risk, but try not risk the lives of others.
Like i said beforehand if you want to skate the city I recommend it as that's how you find spots, but in recent years since 2005 and up to now there's been a frequent reoccurrence of recklessness on both parts. As skaters sharing the road with vehicles and yes some skaters can be dicks like bikers we've all got our part to share space and accept responsibility.

I have been clipped on a hill while on a board and have also gotten clipped on a bike,  both incidents weren't my fault because the driver was intoxicated.  I knew the risks involved and yeah sometimes I rock a helmet, nothing worse then involuntary lobotomizing yourself becoming like Lenny Kirk.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3337
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2019, 07:19:13 AM »
They're totally like The Daggers come to real life.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2222
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2019, 07:22:31 AM »
Go back to the Valley man

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2019, 07:23:28 AM »

Holy shit yes.

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2019, 07:23:54 AM »

If so who is Hook?

lets hope not, that mob gang mentality is what ruins events, the bigger the mob is the lower the IQ.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2019, 07:32:56 AM »
On one hand, some of y’all in here might as well never skate street ever again because you might put an non-consenting party (e.g. pedestrian) at danger when you slip out trying a trick, or have to run out of a trick right into them.

On the other hand, we ourselves have definitely emboldened the GX crew to push the limits beyond what is normally tolerated/accepted in skateboarding. They are backed by Thrasher and have been for quite awhile, and they are (were?) the most respected, raw group in skating because of how balls to the wall and cutthroat every clip is, including the ones involving security and pedestrians.

So there’s probably some middle ground here...
:) I must have been tripping last night

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2019, 07:44:04 AM »
On one hand, some of y’all in here might as well never skate street ever again because you might put an non-consenting party (e.g. pedestrian) at danger when you slip out trying a trick, or have to run out of a trick right into them.

On the other hand, we ourselves have definitely emboldened the GX crew to push the limits beyond what is normally tolerated/accepted in skateboarding. They are backed by Thrasher and have been for quite awhile, and they are (were?) the most respected, raw group in skating because of how balls to the wall and cutthroat every clip is, including the ones involving security and pedestrians.

Starting with hyperbole and finishing off hoping for some middle ground. Good stuff.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »
this is getting out of control.

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2019, 07:50:12 AM »

Thrasher promotes asshole behavior other than gx, kotr for example. All you can do is shake your fist at them as they rip away to annoy someone else.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2019, 07:52:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Starting with hyperbole and finishing off hoping for some middle ground. Good stuff.
I agree implicitly just like drugs and alcohol there's got to be some accountability when it comes to downhill/bombing the streets with recklessness.  I enjoy that feeling of danger but just like Cucktard said downhillers have a code an ethos that should be advised, I mean we all know helmets aren't cool but if say Andy Anderson were to roll with GX1000 and everyone had helmets, I would consider that a fair compromise.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »
hyperbole?

Expand Quote
Street Skateboarding in general is asshole behavior.
[close]
This. You can't pretend you're not vandalizing all these ledges or disturbing people with all that noise. You can only pretend to be a good person, but you're just as big of an asshole in the end.

But for fucks sakes, all I’m saying if you are going to do something risky, make sure you don’t involve innocent people. It’s not that hard of a concept.

Go fucking put on a squirrel suit or something.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:57:03 AM by wake and bacon »
:) I must have been tripping last night

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »
Remember when your friends all wanted to be Piss Drunx? How’d that lifestyle turn out for the ones that really bought into it?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2019, 08:03:22 AM »
Remember when your friends all wanted to be Piss Drunx? How’d that lifestyle turn out for the ones that really bought into it?

Well Dustin still has a career. I'd say the worst thing about PD adulation was spray painted shoes. Oh and the wreckage left from alcohol abuse, but that's secondary to spray painting shoes IMO.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2019, 08:07:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well Dustin still has a career. I'd say the worst thing about PD adulation was spray painted shoes. Oh and the wreckage left from alcohol abuse, but that's secondary to spray painting shoes IMO.
This guy gets it. Don’t spray paint your shoes kids. (Abusing drugs and alcohol is badass though)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2222
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2019, 08:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This guy gets it. Don’t spray paint your shoes kids. (Abusing drugs and alcohol is badass though)
I saw the downfall of an entire crew to alcoholism/drugs trying to one up the PD for the sake of machismo. I spray painted my last pair of shoes,fuck it Ed T got me into that.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Dusty Hotman

• Rep: 7
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
Expand Quote
I still support these assholes.

I'm down with outlaws, rebels, & recklessness. Refreshing to see some individuals still living life on their terms during this extremely PC soft society
[close]

Which Harley you takin' to Sturgiss this year?

I lol'd, good shit

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »
Everybody crying about gx can’t possibly have experienced any form of street skating in the 90’s.
I’m not crying about this but I definitely street skated in the 90s and looking back feel bad about how I acted towards people sometimes. I wasn’t my best back then

Dusty Hotman

• Rep: 7
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »

I wish they all wore those sick vests too, how cool would that be?

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »
The GX Crew has certainly paid a price and reaped the rewards for their behavior: Amazing videos, Thasher covers, positive coverage in the NY Times (https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000005514287/skateboard-hill-bombing-in-san-francisco.html), a GQ article, Pablo getting run over while skitching to lunch, Jesse being jailed while on trial for assault (with a retrial coming perhaps), a negative NY Times article (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/07/25/sports/a-security-worker-confronted-the-skateboarders-he-ended-up-with-brain-damage.html), and didn't one of them break his neck?

So, yeah, consequences. Good and bad.

Personally, I wouldn't be bombing a hill into incoming traffic just a few months after my friend got crushed by a car. And I certainly wouldn't post a social media video celebrating it, but that is just me. I'm old and risk averse and generally feel bad when I bum people out with my skating.

At this point I think the GX crew has chosen their lane (no pun intended) and are sticking to it and no amount of jail time, broken vertebrae, and dead friends is gonna stop this ride. Yeehaw!
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Nollie FS 180

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
“I’m a rad dude... and that’s just a fact” ~ Jon Jafari

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2019, 09:28:39 AM »
When keeping it 1000 goes wrong....

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2019, 09:48:54 AM »
They should chill out before someone gets hurt or killed!

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
For the sake of clarity, that is an older clip, folks.
Just saying.

Carry on
SPB!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »

So are you going to the joust?

bo bice

• Rep: 86
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So are you going to the joust?

Beat it, Val jerk

Straightedge

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2019, 10:54:49 AM »
That is pspliff..