Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3064264 times)

live, laugh, love

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43380 on: March 19, 2022, 01:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Driving too Pitt to see my niece this weekend.  ;D Got her 2,000 legos and a Nintendo. My brother is going to hate me.
[close]
This is sick. I can't wait to buy my niece and nephew a bunch of toys and ice cream and cookies. I'm gonna get my niece one of those strider bikes with no pedals when she turns 2. My nephew hasn't even been born yet but I already love him.

Strider bikes are great. Got my son one for his second birthday. He was putting his feet back on the little grip tape rests and balancing not long after he got it. Bombing the driveway into the street and shit. Transitioning into peddling was so much easier for him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 02:27:46 PM by live, laugh, love »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43381 on: March 19, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote

host an image online

I’m pretty happy. I’m able to part with older decks. It’s tough because when I pick an old board up I have a rush of memories.

I’m going to just start leaving boards underneath the ledges at the park. My hope is to turn them on to traffic and hopps.

Way too much heart supply at my park
[close]

Is that your new crib @Uncle Flea ? Looks very cozy!

Hell yeah. Thanks. It’s coming along
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43382 on: March 22, 2022, 09:21:50 AM »
My yard backs up to a little pond, and its finally thawed and all the animals are coming back. When we first moved in, my wife and I saw this big animal swimming a few times, and my wife thought it was a beaver. Beavers don't live in my area, and even if they did, they'd probably want a river, not a crummy suburban pond, right? Anyway, we haven't seen it in years and my dad and I would always tease my wife about it because she was certain she saw a beaver. Today I finally saw it (or something similar), got out my binocs, and got about a 2 second look before it dove back down. This was the first good look I'd gotten, and I was ready to confirm a beaver, but it came back up a few minutes later and once I got a better look, its just a giant muskrat. Still pretty dope.

We've also got wood ducks, which I've never seen before. Those and the mallards are going crazy out there right now. I'm supposed to be working, but not with all this pond action going on. We've had deer and turkeys before too. We've seen huge snapping turtles coming back after laying eggs, some painted turtles, loads of frogs. Thankfully I've only ever seen one small snake, but they've got to be there.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 843
« Reply #43383 on: March 22, 2022, 12:24:19 PM »
Successfully farting away my stomach ache on the way home from work.

My horrible Dunkin donuts breakfast caught up with me at the end of my shift and it got so bad I was sweating and feeling woozy before I left. Didn't even attempt to roll down the hill since I was feeling so awful. About halfway home something broke loose and released all the gas that had built up. It was like my asshole was trying to get a dusty NES game work. Truly magnificent.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43384 on: March 22, 2022, 12:38:47 PM »
My yard backs up to a little pond, and its finally thawed and all the animals are coming back. When we first moved in, my wife and I saw this big animal swimming a few times, and my wife thought it was a beaver. Beavers don't live in my area, and even if they did, they'd probably want a river, not a crummy suburban pond, right? Anyway, we haven't seen it in years and my dad and I would always tease my wife about it because she was certain she saw a beaver. Today I finally saw it (or something similar), got out my binocs, and got about a 2 second look before it dove back down. This was the first good look I'd gotten, and I was ready to confirm a beaver, but it came back up a few minutes later and once I got a better look, its just a giant muskrat. Still pretty dope.

We've also got wood ducks, which I've never seen before. Those and the mallards are going crazy out there right now. I'm supposed to be working, but not with all this pond action going on. We've had deer and turkeys before too. We've seen huge snapping turtles coming back after laying eggs, some painted turtles, loads of frogs. Thankfully I've only ever seen one small snake, but they've got to be there.

muskrat are cool as shit, man. mink are dope too. my dad used to trap animals on the river and sell pelts before I was born, so by proxy I got to learn about those sorts of water dwelling critters.

gotta love the giant snappers. man, the river I grew up on was super polluted for most of my life and my dad's life, due to a coal power plant and silver factories, but the snapping turtles have always maintained. It'd be crazy seeing a sewer cap cover turtle crawling on the bank ha ha ha
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43385 on: March 23, 2022, 03:24:14 AM »
Getting mad money back from the IRS since they done fucked up and never gave me my 2nd or 3rd stimmy checks, plus my 2021 tax return...moving into my own spot in the middle of downtown Columbia, SC and going back to school, transferring into USC once I wrap up my AA at Midlands Tech. As of now, I'm going for their media production program with a focus in videography, and my AA is in Business Management. Who knows where I'll end up, but I'm beyond stoked to get this ball rolling in my life. I've wasted over a decade since HS being a shitty junkie. I'm psyched to do something for once. Plus, college pussy.

Take advantage of that last part. I went back at 26 and with the newfound wisdom that everyone is just as insecure and horny as you were it was almost comically easy to get laid the second time around. Once they realize that men tend to get more attentive and "better" in bed as they age they tell all their friends. Sadly it was only a few months before I became a shitty junkie, so my days as a rural Pennsylvanian lothario didn't last long.

Just be very careful about things like alcohol and consent. Especially if you have priors. If there's even a question in your mind then tell her to wait until the morning and if she still wants it you'll scramble her eggs then. And keep yourself busy so you don't regress - idle hands and all that.

I'm looking to get back into visual communication now that the pandemic is hopefully winding down. There's a graphics job that I'm applying for and I'm doing a veterans day poster contest to kinda knock the rust off a bit. It doesn't pay much more than what I make now but there's far more opportunities to advance in that field within the govt employment system.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43386 on: March 23, 2022, 10:32:43 AM »
During lunch break I learned no comply flips. Ive done them before but by accident. Now I can flip it every time. I was going over a curb end and landing on the other curb in a backside grind but no one’s waxed that curb. It’s on. I’m going to film one. No comply flip over to suski for sure.
(A)pl(E)

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #43387 on: March 23, 2022, 02:40:26 PM »
Seeing Eric Andre, Whitmer Thomas, Thee Oh Sees, and Parquet Courts live within the span of a month. Gonna be fun.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #43388 on: March 23, 2022, 04:48:20 PM »
Moving to go back to school at U(of)SC on Sunday. Sick apartment right downtown 2 blocks from campus. Finally got (most of) my shit together.
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43389 on: March 23, 2022, 11:24:13 PM »
Moving to go back to school at U(of)SC on Sunday. Sick apartment right downtown 2 blocks from campus. Finally got (most of) my shit together.

Don‘t forget to insult the nerds and to play pranks on the dean.

Jk good luck with your studies.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #43390 on: March 24, 2022, 06:46:22 AM »
Seeing Eric Andre, Whitmer Thomas, Thee Oh Sees, and Parquet Courts live within the span of a month. Gonna be fun.

I'm jealous, that sounds like a blast.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Brguy

« Reply #43391 on: March 24, 2022, 07:33:22 AM »
Got a pretty good score on this course I'm doing and got me 2 band t-shirts to celebrate. On the way home I was kinda regretting buying them but when I tried em out I liked it, so bonus stoke for the relief. Also had a pretty cool sesh yesterday, some dude put a shit ton of wax on this curved park bench and everybody tried or landed some new tricks on it.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43392 on: March 24, 2022, 01:40:14 PM »
A friend is coming over after work to play some games and watch some shows. Going to make her pizza too.  :)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43393 on: March 25, 2022, 10:27:34 AM »
Me and my fiance adopted a dog last night and we named her Josie

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43394 on: March 25, 2022, 10:36:30 AM »

Living the dream! Pics of said pooch?  ;D

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43395 on: March 25, 2022, 11:25:07 AM »
It’s a beautiful day I enjoy skating to the park I don’t need a car barely ever
(A)pl(E)

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43396 on: March 25, 2022, 11:29:53 AM »
It’s a beautiful day I enjoy skating to the park I don’t need a car barely ever

Feel you, I'm the same way. A car is a nice convenience, but man, I love my bike so much more.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43397 on: March 25, 2022, 11:30:35 AM »
I just saw a beautiful Civic. That shit was right hand drive I’m hoping it was a skater because they were driving away from the park area. From what I could see it looked like it had some dope ass shit on it. The lip kit was jacked up though I don’t know why people do that. Cosmetic upgrades I feel are only necessary once you start creating insane horsepower and have a good suspension system your car should be mechanically sound and at least 90% of the way there before you start buying body parts
(A)pl(E)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43398 on: March 25, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43399 on: March 25, 2022, 01:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

!!! Oh my god, what a cutie!  ;D

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #43400 on: March 25, 2022, 01:28:22 PM »

nice, so many good spots in that area

yesterday was 1 year without alcohol for me. at this time last year i was in a bad spot and felt like shit mentally/physically. "partying"(aka getting drunk 4 or more times a week and living like shit) seemed to be a big cause in that and had lost its fun. felt like i was only ordering my next drink to have another cigarette and keep that cycle going lol. anyways.. not trying to sound like my life was super nuts but just recognized a point of pain in my life that i ignored for years and have felt better since. initially decided to just 'take a year off' but I don't have really any interest in picking it back up as of now so i think i will keep it going

/end self congratulatory rant

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #43401 on: March 25, 2022, 02:38:29 PM »
Skating my first pair of half cabs, and I feel like they give me powers. Like the shoes from the sandlot movie

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #43402 on: March 25, 2022, 07:14:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yesterday was 1 year without alcohol for me. at this time last year i was in a bad spot and felt like shit mentally/physically. "partying"(aka getting drunk 4 or more times a week and living like shit) seemed to be a big cause in that and had lost its fun. felt like i was only ordering my next drink to have another cigarette and keep that cycle going lol. anyways.. not trying to sound like my life was super nuts but just recognized a point of pain in my life that i ignored for years and have felt better since. initially decided to just 'take a year off' but I don't have really any interest in picking it back up as of now so i think i will keep it going

Hell yeah keep it up!  If you’ve gone a year and don’t have that desire then keep the ball rolling.

Get hungry on it!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43403 on: March 26, 2022, 12:57:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hell yeah keep it up!  If you’ve gone a year and don’t have that desire then keep the ball rolling.

Indeed. Congratulations and I hope you will stay sober. It‘s been 2.5 years for me and every now and then I would fancy a drink but then I remember the hangovers and make some herbal tea instead. :D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43404 on: March 27, 2022, 04:18:59 PM »
life is such a crazy and beautiful thing. a lot of people think death is like black and white, but it really isn't. a tree dies, like it gets cut down or something. there's still a sapling that can sprout from next to it, and take form right by the old life. from old death new life comes anew. is what my insightful and wise statement is.
but anyway, things are really awesome. there's so much life and beauty in every ordinary thing, and we never see it because we make life a habit. every now and then you should take a moment to dehabitualise your life, 'stop and smell the roses' so to speak.
also, i befriended a horse that doesn't really like men normally. i came over with two pears and a handful of hay, (yesterday) intending to make him my friend. he reluctantly took the first pear, extending his neck to my hand then quickly snapping it away once he got the pear. the second one though, he stayed there and seemed less on edge. then i started feeding him the hay, and at that point i got up beside him and scratched him while he ate. after a bit he was completely off in a blissful daze, droopy lips and everything.
something i thought was funny about the horse encounter was that after i was leaving and he was going back to eating grass, he was trying to eat but couldn't because he kept yawning. (yawning in horses is a sign that they're really relaxed and happy.)

i also fed some kingparrots that come around our house. usually they don't eat the seed if we're out there, but this time i sat down by a table and put some seed on it (the table). they were reluctant at first, but after a bit they were chirping and clicking at me beautifully. one of them even ate from my hand! and this is only the first step into befriending the local bird community.

but back to the topic, i really love things. big things, little things. normally i don't leave town often, but i went into the city and ran into an old friend! he's been doing good, he was filming a photography video. i did a funny bit where i was like a pedestrian he was interviewing, and i said some meaningless rambling then ate the camera. it was a good time overall, small word you know. i think it's really kind that we would meet again, and hang out again.
life is beautiful. trees are awesome. nature is interconnected in a way, and mushrooms are there too. mushrooms are cool, they decompose dead matter for nutrients! i'm just really fucking stoked on how everything in the world has come to be. it's all so beautiful in an interconnected web kind of thing, and nobody sees it like i do enough.

tl;dr: go out and appreciate things
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #43405 on: March 28, 2022, 09:11:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Indeed. Congratulations and I hope you will stay sober. It‘s been 2.5 years for me and every now and then I would fancy a drink but then I remember the hangovers and make some herbal tea instead. :D

@Gene_Harrogate and @Easy Slider thank you both, appreciate it! and congrats on the 2.5 years

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #43406 on: March 28, 2022, 07:05:19 PM »
Been on the full time job grind :) feels like getting out of a rut .. excited for the weather to turn around

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43407 on: March 28, 2022, 07:35:01 PM »
Been on the full time job grind :) feels like getting out of a rut .. excited for the weather to turn around

Hell yeah, you got this man.  :)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43408 on: March 29, 2022, 12:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

get that money while the weather is shit yo.

i'm stoked on finding a new dentist that seems like a good fit. i was there today for the first time and it was good vibes. my last dentist was technically good, but a total asshole that would do whatevs in my mouth while i'm half passed out. basically doing invasive shit without preparing me or asking me for consent when he should and also unfriendly as fuck to the point where i thought the guy actually dislikes me. i mean fair enough, i get that doctors don't vibe with every patient and that they hate some for sure, but it was like he didn't even try to hide it. the new doc and her assistant were sweet as fuck to me and thoroughly explained everything in detail they would do. they also didn't xray me for nothing, which my old dentist would do everytime because it's quick money for him.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43409 on: March 29, 2022, 02:00:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

get that money while the weather is shit yo.

i'm stoked on finding a new dentist that seems like a good fit. i was there today for the first time and it was good vibes. my last dentist was technically good, but a total asshole that would do whatevs in my mouth while i'm half passed out. basically doing invasive shit without preparing me or asking me for consent when he should and also unfriendly as fuck to the point where i thought the guy actually dislikes me. i mean fair enough, i get that doctors don't vibe with every patient and that they hate some for sure, but it was like he didn't even try to hide it. the new doc and her assistant were sweet as fuck to me and thoroughly explained everything in detail they would do. they also didn't xray me for nothing, which my old dentist would do everytime because it's quick money for him.

How much is a normal dental visit for you? I don't know how nationalized your dental system is (obviously I went to the on base dentist which was always interesting but for totally unrelated reasons...weird shit always happened there) so I'm curious if it works like Healthcare. I'm getting ready to pay 5 figures to get my shit fixed here. That's with top of the line govt employee insurance. I had to save up for 2 years because my credit is fucked and the financing they offer is straight up predatory lending. A full set of implants (what Andy Roy had done) runs as much as a luxury car or small house even with insurance. Basically our dental system is just as fucked as our healthcare, how does it work there?