Author Topic: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here  (Read 134035 times)

clifford the big red dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here
« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »
saw artos bootleg rip on youtube before it was taken off and was a little not dissapointed because thier is some serious viking fucking kill gnar thrown around with a tune that accompany's it quite nicely but slightly... not fully stoked on the togetherness of the part thought he was gonna put a little more moxy towards this opus. to many frontboards a double kinker fucking A but should of let it die with the bull also alot of doubling and quadrupling up on tricks on the same spot shit is fucking boring. travel the world find new shit damn this is alien workshop not 411 and the fact that that fucking fucked whore of a roof to bank (dont care what manuever was done into it) was even considered nevermind used was jsut disgusting

Jimmy909

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #451 on: February 03, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »
I didn't know J was a shredder

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
saw artos bootleg rip on youtube before it was taken off and was a little not dissapointed because thier is some serious viking fucking kill gnar thrown around with a tune that accompany's it quite nicely but slightly... not fully stoked on the togetherness of the part thought he was gonna put a little more moxy towards this opus. to many frontboards a double kinker fucking A but should of let it die with the bull also alot of doubling and quadrupling up on tricks on the same spot shit is fucking boring. travel the world find new shit damn this is alien workshop not 411 and the fact that that fucking fucked whore of a roof to bank (dont care what manuever was done into it) was even considered nevermind used was jsut disgusting

what.

if you read it out loud its pretty funny actually

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
what a fucking idiot
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #454 on: February 03, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
i just called the hotel no rsvp, first come first serve.  i m gonna shoot for the later showings my friends works for shut and said well def gonna get in then
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:09:02 PM by All Hail Wu Welsh »

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #455 on: February 03, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
i'm hoping aws used animal collective right, because if they did, well, then they're geniuses.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #456 on: February 03, 2009, 03:39:50 PM »
decided to say fuck it to the premier

i'm not usually superstitious in the least but there were was just too many bad signs (it's snowing, i don't know if i can even get in, my date is having a nervous breakdown and can't go, i've been up since 6 and i feel abnormally exhausted, i had a class that i really shouldn't miss, my atm card isn't working and i have no cash...)

anyone know if the video is actually for sale in shops on the sixth or if that';s just the day it ships?

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #457 on: February 03, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
decided to say fuck it to the premier

i'm not usually superstitious in the least but there were was just too many bad signs (it's snowing, i don't know if i can even get in, my date is having a nervous breakdown and can't go, i've been up since 6 and i feel abnormally exhausted, i had a class that i really shouldn't miss, my atm card isn't working and i have no cash...)

anyone know if the video is actually for sale in shops on the sixth or if that';s just the day it ships?

I'm pretty much feeling the same way... and then I'll wake up tomorrow look back in this thread and be bummed I was such a pussy.

Hopefully the DVD ships pronto. I want that shit by the weekend.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #458 on: February 03, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »
No Booker footage. I actually like Booker too but I don't think he fits right on Alien.

I was kinda hoping he would be added on the AM list after mind field. Got a good style, nice tricks, and it sure beats a another skinny white kid who can do slide to grinds.

walrus

« Reply #459 on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »

i don't have it anymore so please stop PM'ing me.
i watched it a few times, got a chubby, and i deleted it promptly after.
the sect is one of my all time favorite companies, they keep shit real and you should show your support and buy the video when its realized as i plan to do.   
i took an oath and i'm a man of my word and will not leak any part of their video under any circumstances...even if were homies.
my apologies to all concerned.

thats fukked up

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #460 on: February 03, 2009, 04:17:34 PM »
I just want to know one thing and then i'm not coming back into this thread until i've seen the video, is there footage of this?

yes

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #461 on: February 03, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »
Damn so when is the DVD coming out? I want to see Josh Kalis's part!

sal23

« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2009, 05:43:31 PM »
Damn so when is the DVD coming out? I want to see Josh Kalis's part!

the 6th.......

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -682
  • I have way too many accounts.
« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Jake, Omar and Heath had best parts in my opinion.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #464 on: February 03, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »
IN shops this week. at least here in california.

turdburgler

• Rep: -1
« Reply #465 on: February 03, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
does anyone have any links.

Jimmy909

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #466 on: February 03, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »

I usually don't like it when people create accounts just to ask for links, but you seem cool. Here you go:
http://files.filefront.com/svAlien.Workshop.Mind.Field.avi/;13146783;/fileinfo.html

alienlurkshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #467 on: February 03, 2009, 07:35:52 PM »
omar skates to almost ready by dinosaur jr. his intro song was written by J mascis for his part. anyone have any questions? the premiere was amazing and the video was fucking great...had butterflies the whole time.
RIP Van

Gest

« Reply #468 on: February 03, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »
omar skates to almost ready by dinosaur jr. his intro song was written by J mascis for his part. anyone have any questions? the premiere was amazing and the video was fucking great...had butterflies the whole time.
new dino jr is still good dino jr

i really wish i could have went to a premiere, that shit makes the video ten times more exciting, by far

UncleBobo

• Rep: 64
« Reply #469 on: February 03, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
so fucking good
seriously best thing ive seen in a long time

jake, omar, grant taylor

lurmisdead

• Rep: 0
« Reply #470 on: February 03, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing this video.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
there was a rsvp after the first two showings , pretty gay. so if you werent cool enough you werent gettin your hand stamped.  i just think its really shitty for a company as large burtin not to rent out a huge theater and instead throw it at some swank hotel.  i wasnt that pissed because i live only twnet minutes from the theater and am only a short subway ride away, but i real bad for some of the dudes who came from places as far as conneticut and jersey and werent allowed in, its fucked up. anyone that couldnt get in to the ny premiere ill more than gladey rip a copy for you once i get it, pm me

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #472 on: February 03, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I usually don't like it when people create accounts just to ask for links, but you seem cool. Here you go:
http://files.filefront.com/svAlien.Workshop.Mind.Field.avi/;13146783;/fileinfo.html

thanx! u r 2 kind ! ! ! !

COMMUNITYPACK

« Reply #473 on: February 03, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »

Just got back from it. Had the best blag in ever, got first dibs to seats at the second showing. The whole thing was perfect from start to finish. Honestly there was NOTHING I didn't like about it. The perfect follow up to everything Workshop has put out until now. If you're a Workshop fan you're stoked. New ideas, new skating, new tricks but referencing tradition of the company.

So basically...

Jake killed it. Switch Wallride!? Nuts. Good to see the footage from a bunch of the photos he's had recently too. Dude is so tall he looks like he skates backwards in time. Dude seriously floats. Some epic shit in his part. Mostly single tricks, not many runs (if any).

As mentioned music is mostly Animal Collective, Dinosaur Collective, and Growing.

Grant and Tyler went off! So much good stuff from them both. Grant is SO gnarly and Tyler landed everything perfectly.

Rieder does in fact look like a girl but skates some sick fucking stuff. I think he even had an SF street line wearing what looked like actual dress shoes.

Surprisingly Dill did not disappoint. In fact thinking back he had one of my favourite parts. So many sick, quirky things in there.

AVE went on a mission. Fast, big, long, tech gnar. Insane combos. Straight at and over shit. Amazing.

And Heath? Heath pretty much one upped himself at every spot. Any photo you've seen of him in recent years is pretty much the second best thing he did on everything. And while everyone now knows his last trick, to see how beautifully he catches and rides away that shit is a sight to behold.

Fuck I could go on for days....

I was stoked on the editing and music choices too.

So stoked I went along in the end. To be honest I got mad lucky in getting in. Back row with two of the main dudes in the video to the right.

Dill was shouting out props to other peoples parts. Yelling out for people to cheer for Dyrdek, and saying things like: "That shit's actually hard! Clap that!" He was actually pretty rad about it all.

Berra got some boo's.

Intro was straight up the best intro to any video ever.

Aside from maybe Memory Screen. Which got the reference before Omar's part....

OMAR FUCKING KILELD IT. So fast, and did some pure mental stuff. I remember hearing an interview a while ago talking about how his Nike part was supposed to be fun and he was hoping to make his Alien part straight up gnarly. Dude delivered for sure. Perfect opener.

COMMUNITYPACK

« Reply #474 on: February 03, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
there was a rsvp after the first two showings , pretty gay. so if you werent cool enough you werent gettin your hand stamped.  i just think its really shitty for a company as large burtin not to rent out a huge theater and instead throw it at some swank hotel.  i wasnt that pissed because i live only twnet minutes from the theater and am only a short subway ride away, but i real bad for some of the dudes who came from places as far as conneticut and jersey and werent allowed in, its fucked up. anyone that couldnt get in to the ny premiere ill more than gladey rip a copy for you once i get it, pm me

That sucks. This is what I was afraid would happen... like I said I got really lucky.

Gest

« Reply #475 on: February 03, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »
i gotta get this right away

Tomkins Square Park Bench

• Rep: 2
  • I'm Green. Sometimes I have wet paint on me.
« Reply #476 on: February 03, 2009, 08:35:34 PM »

etnies put it together. the premier was rad. 5 dollar coffee ...not so rad, but it tasted radder then my 20 cent coffee. Video was amazing.  It felt like a real skateboarding video with groundbreaking skating. Not insane skating trying to a be a groundbreaking video.  Who else was in the 2nd showing for people only with Foreskin?

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: February 03, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »

Intro was straight up the best intro to any video ever.

yeah, it was definitely killer. With all the bagpipes and shit added to the fact that the volume was high as fuck cause of the movie theater surround sound. The shot of Arto's face in the intro probably had the loudest cheer of the night. People went ape-shit during the 2 and a half seconds his face appeared on screen for the first time.

COMMUNITYPACK

« Reply #478 on: February 03, 2009, 08:46:55 PM »
Oh and one last thing: No one (except I guess Omar... and if you're picky Heath) had more than one song for their part. Refreshing to not pile hours of footage over 2 or 3 songs of emotional bullshit. I think Hunt made the decision to cut out any filler. I feel like everyone had only their best shit in their parts (regardless of age of footy both Arto and Mikey Taylor had years old footage in there), and it was made to fit with one ideal song.

The editing was insane. Making skating fit to some of those song choices was not easy.

Hunt: You are a master craftsman.

Ty: Gutted.

UncleBobo

• Rep: 64
« Reply #479 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »
yeah i was at the 2nd showing tonight they let me and like 6 other people in and we were the last ones, i was all the way in the front taking in all the goodness