Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 279174 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread
« Reply #2520 on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
props to John, but we all know Forrrest is the real winner here. i hope all these dudes get to have careers in skateboarding (especially the top3 and Matty)

Is there going to be one long edit of this put together? That would be nice.

i think it'd be awesome if we got all the episodes in one long edit and also an edit of all of their footage into video parts (like a promo vid or something.) would be so sick.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2521 on: January 24, 2011, 10:37:15 AM »
Anybody else think Forrest was holding back tears in the last interview?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2522 on: January 24, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »
I think it was anticlimactic because we all kind of knew who was going to win. Because this isn't live, it is so hard to keep the winner under wraps. Also the last two episodes should have been combined into one.� �

All I remember is there was photos of the 3 at p rods park, did the ever hint the winner? I dont remember
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #2523 on: January 24, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean, John is super good, and I like the way he skates a lot, but to me it just seemed like the contest was between Forrest and Rueban. Kinda Weird John won. Good for him though. I'm sure we'll see stuff of all of them in the future. For how long, only time will tell.

[close]

I agree, I understand dude had staples in his head and all but he really did not push himself once. I mean neither did Nick but he was injured also. I didn't like Forrest or Rueben but they were the only guys that really pushed themselves and did tricks that were on the level of am's/pros. I have to say I liked Jon's style the best and even in the OIAM tapes I liked his stuff the best but I still didn't see him winning.

I'd like to see an edit of everything and I'm disappointed it wasn't included in this video. At least the top 3 guys footage.
[close]
So you understand he had staples in his head, but don't think he pushed himself? How do you think he got those staples? The crailslide at the flowershop was also pro level, same with a bunch of the shit he did.

Its funny though, because I see that John won, but they sure are talking like Forrest did. More talk about him than john even.

This year was better overall, but the surprise end last year with the session with Jamie at Blackbox was a way sicker reveal. This one was kind of anticlimactic in that sense.
he didn't get staples by pushing himself? he got them from bombing a hill into nothingness. doing the same tricks the whole contest on different tranny is also what made him win.. not actually doing professional-status shit like forrest & rueben did. oh well, expected him to win from the begining just by the way this shit's judged. not like forrest or rueben aren't going somewhere in skateboarding. forrest is flow for toy, krew & supra now anyways.... guess he just needed that attitude change ? ::) stooooooooooooooooooops. i will say matty had the best style by far & skated way better then john? should have been in the top 3 instead of john. & it seemed like the reason they talked about forrest so much & showed his footage in this last episode is to say "yes, he should have won.. but here at slap, we judge by hearts & head wounds.... oh & stalefish & crailside can't forget those......"

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

schmuckface killah

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2524 on: January 24, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
Pretty strange how even though john won the whole episode still focused on forrest

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2525 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
I was kind of suprised John won, he ripped but i feel Rueben deserved it more. Stoked on Forrest's new attitude. 'Forrest equals beast' haha

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #2526 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:38 AM »
Forrest is on Toy Machine? That's kinda cool actually.

I'm fine with John winning, he had sick tricks at a huge variety of spots, and has a good style.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

gizmo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2527 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »
the whole one in a million series where so good, but the last episode was just disapointing. the presentation was whack

True dat. They should have just called this OIAM the Forrest Edwards  Show. Even though he didn't win it was all about him in the end. If I didn't know any better I would say this was scripted, LOL. Anyways congrats to Jon for winning and also to Forrest for finding himself ??? But seriously I hope all the dudes gets hooked up. Good show. Like someone said the bar has been set with this one.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #2528 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
I felt that that was pretty anticlimactic. I'd love to see an edit of all the footage gathered over the week.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

NobGnarly

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2529 on: January 24, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
I would really love to see a montage or parts with everyone from this contest's (vx) footy put together. That'd be tight.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #2530 on: January 24, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
forrest should have won. hes obviously way better than john. anyway. back to life without oiam.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2531 on: January 24, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »
This was an awesome OIAM, thanks SLAP.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #2532 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I think it was anticlimactic because we all kind of knew who was going to win. Because this isn't live, it is so hard to keep the winner under wraps. Also the last two episodes should have been combined into one.� �
[close]

All I remember is there was photos of the 3 at p rods park, did the ever hint the winner? I dont remember

I remember COTG saying he met Forrest at the skatepark and then later said that John won and that it was a fact. I don't see why he would bullshit over something like that so I assumed he was right.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

bandini

« Reply #2533 on: January 24, 2011, 10:58:49 AM »
I have to say, I watched every episode and the stuff that really sticks in my mind from the whole thing is:

1) Forest's assault on the doubleset
2) Matty's line at 3rd and Army
3) Ruben and Forest's tricks at Clipper
4) Mango's 5050 to nose manual
5) John's hillbomb to faceplant

It's probably just me with a bad memory or whatever, but - aside from what seemed like a very poor choice of hill to bomb - I can't really bring to mind much else of John's skating. The dude's obviously a great skater - they all are - but in terms of who was most memorable, I don't think he'd have been my pick.

Good entertainment all around, though, for sure.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #2534 on: January 24, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »
i said it before, John gets no props for that hill. first, he slid the whole way, not exactly bombing it, second, there is a fucking house at the end, so not gnarly, just stupid showoffishness.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2535 on: January 24, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean, John is super good, and I like the way he skates a lot, but to me it just seemed like the contest was between Forrest and Rueban. Kinda Weird John won. Good for him though. I'm sure we'll see stuff of all of them in the future. For how long, only time will tell.

[close]

I agree, I understand dude had staples in his head and all but he really did not push himself once. I mean neither did Nick but he was injured also. I didn't like Forrest or Rueben but they were the only guys that really pushed themselves and did tricks that were on the level of am's/pros. I have to say I liked Jon's style the best and even in the OIAM tapes I liked his stuff the best but I still didn't see him winning.

I'd like to see an edit of everything and I'm disappointed it wasn't included in this video. At least the top 3 guys footage.
[close]
So you understand he had staples in his head, but don't think he pushed himself? How do you think he got those staples? The crailslide at the flowershop was also pro level, same with a bunch of the shit he did.

Its funny though, because I see that John won, but they sure are talking like Forrest did. More talk about him than john even.

This year was better overall, but the surprise end last year with the session with Jamie at Blackbox was a way sicker reveal. This one was kind of anticlimactic in that sense.
[close]
he didn't get staples by pushing himself? he got them from bombing a hill into nothingness. doing the same tricks the whole contest on different tranny is also what made him win.. not actually doing professional-status shit like forrest & rueben did. oh well, expected him to win from the begining just by the way this shit's judged. not like forrest or rueben aren't going somewhere in skateboarding. forrest is flow for toy, krew & supra now anyways.... guess he just needed that attitude change ? ::) stooooooooooooooooooops. i will say matty had the best style by far & skated way better then john? should have been in the top 3 instead of john. & it seemed like the reason they talked about forrest so much & showed his footage in this last episode is to say "yes, he should have won.. but here at slap, we judge by hearts & head wounds.... oh & stalefish & crailside can't forget those......"
Do you need a kleenex, or are you done crying like a bitch like you have been the whole time?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2536 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »
Question: Do the winners get too choose a company from those that sponsored the contest? Or do the companies decide who will receive the winner. Cause I don't think John fits all too well with Zero, same with Tom K., and I just thought it's weird that skaters like that would pick Zero, say, over Habitat.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2537 on: January 24, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
thanks to Whiteley and Slap for the awesome free show.  really enjoyed watching all these.  

thought they were edited well too, loved all the introductions to areas/spots..   though maybe have some more variety of songs/artists next time

i think it was definitely a tough choice on this one..  and it's hard to judge who's the "best"..  good to see all these skaters got exposure from it and will no doubt benefit

win win for everyone
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:54:46 AM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #2538 on: January 24, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
John calling forrest a prick? John was the biggest prick of them all.

"You finally won my respect". Shut the fuck up you weird looking skinny ass bitch. If any of Johns friends are lurking (assuming he has any) tell him to go fuck himself for me.

Where does that guy get the fucking nerve to say some arrogant ass shit like that? He only spoke up because Whitely had called Forrest out. Like I said before, this dude is about as marketable as hemorrhoid cream to kids, Forrest will have the last laugh when he ends up with a real sponsor and John gets booted from his flowship in a year from now.

kevbo999

« Reply #2539 on: January 24, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »
^Bingo.^  Also funny how for the second year in a row, Black Box (possibly Slap's biggest advertiser), gets chosen by the very arguable winner.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #2540 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
he didn't get staples by pushing himself? he got them from bombing a hill into nothingness. doing the same tricks the whole contest on different tranny is also what made him win.. not actually doing professional-status shit like forrest & rueben did. oh well, expected him to win from the begining just by the way this shit's judged. not like forrest or rueben aren't going somewhere in skateboarding. forrest is flow for toy, krew & supra now anyways.... guess he just needed that attitude change ?? ::) stooooooooooooooooooops. i will say matty had the best style by far & skated way better then john? should have been in the top 3 instead of john. & it seemed like the reason they talked about forrest so much & showed his footage in this last episode is to say "yes, he should have won.. but here at slap, we judge by hearts & head wounds.... oh & stalefish & crailside can't forget those......"
[close]
Do you need a kleenex, or are you done crying like a bitch like you have been the whole time?
i think you're just mad because it's been made quite obvious that your boy-toy is a piece of shit.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #2541 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
matty should've won

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #2542 on: January 24, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
I don't really give a shit about John. He's good but so was everybody else at that contest. He definitely seemed to get more opinionated in his interviews towards the end. Same with Forrest starting to let his guard down at the end. I personally think Reuben and Forrest won it, but they have enough to carry them on without winning this contest. John just seems like there's one of him in every town. I could be wrong about that.

Gonzo was sick but I doubt we'll see him again.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #2543 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
Question: Do the winners get too choose a company from those that sponsored the contest? Or do the companies decide who will receive the winner. Cause I don't think John fits all too well with Zero, same with Tom K., and I just thought it's weird that skaters like that would pick Zero, say, over Habitat.
question edit. what if the winner says, that he would like to be on, let's say zero. has jamie thomas the right to say no because the winner doesn't fit on the team?
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #2544 on: January 24, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
question edit. what if the winner says, that he would like to be on, let's say zero. has jamie thomas the right to say no because the winner doesn't fit on the team?
I think they get products for a year or something like that? So even though they might say they want Zero boards for a year, at the end of the year Jamie or whoever can say no.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #2545 on: January 24, 2011, 11:45:18 AM »
Anybody else think Forrest was holding back tears in the last interview?
Yeah I thought the last two episodes you could really tell how much this contest/experience meant to him.

I dug Forrest's skating more, but congrats to John-dude was genuinely psyched and humble about the whole thing.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2546 on: January 24, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
he didn't get staples by pushing himself? he got them from bombing a hill into nothingness. doing the same tricks the whole contest on different tranny is also what made him win.. not actually doing professional-status shit like forrest & rueben did. oh well, expected him to win from the begining just by the way this shit's judged. not like forrest or rueben aren't going somewhere in skateboarding. forrest is flow for toy, krew & supra now anyways.... guess he just needed that attitude change ??�::) stooooooooooooooooooops. i will say matty had the best style by far & skated way better then john? should have been in the top 3 instead of john. & it seemed like the reason they talked about forrest so much & showed his footage in this last episode is to say "yes, he should have won.. but here at slap, we judge by hearts & head wounds.... oh & stalefish & crailside can't forget those......"
[close]
[close]
i think you're just mad because it's been made quite obvious that your boy-toy is a piece of shit.
I think you are projecting. The thing is, I have actually talked well about all of the guys, including Forrest, pointing out how good he is, and how its cool that he seemed to learn humility in this contest. YOU are the one holding a shit fit, and I wanted to point out what a piece of shit sore loser you are. This isn't about Forrest being cool or not, or John deserving it or not, just about what a stupid, negative, ungracious, pile of shit you are.
Oh, and if you want to get into it, the only thing that has been "made obvious" is that the dude who I thought was ripping won, and your friend/idol/prostate masseuse lost.

Ball Chinian

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2547 on: January 24, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »
Slap is tight.  Do a third place job, get a first place finish.
Sperm count down but sperm size up.  I think they've been eating each other.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2548 on: January 24, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »
OneInAThousand?

enjoyable nonetheless.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2549 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »
That was cool, Forrest was layin down the tricks in ep 17, it was cool to see any of them win. Forrest is cool and shit but he needs to learn that we all have bad days and to go introverted and think that you're different from the rest of the people who skate will make you more akward, everybody has bad days and shit. john just seemed more humble, in some of the last episodes I can clearly see that forrest was a bit choked up, untill his name was called...
even the steven