Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224595 times)

Bitter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1380 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
Thanks dudes!

Also, I work next door to the Air Canada Center. So this is the closest the fucking Leafs have been to a Cup in years! 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1381 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
Came into work this morning to find this...

The ad agency I work for does business with the NHL, so they gave us the Cup for the day!
I hope you snuck in a beer with the cup...

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jackherer

« Reply #1382 on: April 19, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »
dude you gotta get better pictures, you gotta lift that shit like you just won it at least.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1383 on: April 19, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »
Thanks dudes!

Also, I work next door to the Air Canada Center. So this is the closest the fucking Leafs have been to a Cup in years! 

+1 for you my friend

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1384 on: April 19, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
dude you gotta get better pictures, you gotta lift that shit like you just won it at least.

haha There's a security guard called "The Keeper of the Cup" who's with the Cup at all times. He'll let you touch it. But no dice on the lifting.

penguin meat

« Reply #1385 on: April 19, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha There's a security guard called "The Keeper of the Cup" who's with the Cup at all times. He'll let you touch it. But no dice on the lifting.
Did you touch?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1386 on: April 19, 2012, 12:39:18 PM »

this dude?

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1387 on: April 19, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Did you touch?
Yeah of course! Some people were kissing it too.

Frisco, not that dude. This dude...

I guess there's a few "Keepers". We chatted for a minute. It turns out he's from my hometown. I Googled him afterward and realized he pretty much has the best job ever. Everyone's stoked when he enters a room, he travels all over the world partying with pro athletes and celebrities.

Interview about partying with John Cusack and Eddie Vedder - http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/04/keeper_of_the_stanley_cup_mike.html

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #1388 on: April 19, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »
That dude wasnt there when I saw it....just a Mountie.....they let you touch it too....

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1389 on: April 19, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
Both of you can never win it now.

Say goodbye to your NHL careers, idiots

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #1390 on: April 19, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Did you touch?

With your dick?
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1391 on: April 19, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sweet baby jeebus that series is getting crazy. If it goes to a game 7 they are projecting 100+ goals in a series lol.

Go Pens. I would love to see them come back now, if only to shut up the obnoxious philly fans. Oh what Crosby's crying again? Well he's also scoring goals again, deal with it.
[close]

My math doesn't really agree with that.

But the Pens comeback is underway and I'm psyched I finally got to see a playoff win.
[close]

With the way the Goalies are playing I wouldn't put it past them.

Fuck why couldnt the Canucks win last night been game 3 instead of game 4. I have little faith, even after a solid showing like that

finally off my ipad, so i'm weighing in....

Honestly, it's good to see the Canucks win, but if LA keeps playing this way, there's no way the Canucks can make it through.  LA didn't lose their composure, Vancouver got a couple lucky bounces and their power play came through.  It was sick to see the magic again...it's been awhile.

LA is just out hustling, they are are first to the puck, winning battles....Short of a total collapse...I just can't see them taking the pedal off the metal.  Vancouver just showed up too late, and LA works too hard.  The first three games were pathetic, when the going gets tough, the Canucks were diving and complaining.  This series is what I thought was going to happen in Nashville last year. 

The most interesting part was starting Schneider.  No matter what, it's going to be interesting to see what happens in the off season.  I think Gillis is good enough to dump Louie.  Putting Schneider in ups his trade value too, I hope he doesn't go, but if he does....could be worth something significant on draft day. 

Getting kind of tired of hits being more important than wins.  I get it, but the Bob Mckenzie counting frames and milliseconds is dumb. 

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1392 on: April 19, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »
Totally agree on the Schneider front. He gives us the best chance to win any night.

I don't know if I could handle trading away Hodgson and Schneider. I don't know what we could get for Schneider that would help us right now, he is probably the most coveted RFA in the league.

I hope we can trade Louie to TB. Honestly just getting his numbers off the books would be nice, sign a solid 2-3 defenceman. Not to mention what we could get in return for him. And theres no way Stevie Y would pass up the opportunity to get Lou.

Going to be a longggg offseason, filled with banter about who to trade and to where.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1393 on: April 20, 2012, 06:36:26 AM »
Luongo to Toronto  ;D

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1394 on: April 20, 2012, 06:37:39 AM »
^ that has a nice ring to it too

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1395 on: April 20, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »
I'd love Louie in TO....no way he'd want to go there though.....Tampa....Stevie Y is a good GM...if they get a goalie out of Vancouver it'll be Schneids....even if we re stuck w. Louie....it's probably time to start putting Eddie Lack into the rotation....Louie has done a lot better this season including the playoffs, but his best days are behind him.

I supported the Hodson trade, he wanted out...but Kessler is playing like a third line center right now. 

penguin meat

« Reply #1396 on: April 22, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »
Fuck the Flyers till the end of time, but they outplayed the Penguins.
Hopefully next year Pens get a real goalie.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1397 on: April 22, 2012, 02:36:39 PM »
I love him but

Fleury = Steve Mason, but on a good team

Really hoping the Caps and Sens can pull the upsets, looking good for both

Prediction, Canucks win tonight, lose in LA game 6

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1398 on: April 22, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
I always thought of Fleury as Louie but in a smaller market.  I'm with you on the CAnucks prediction.....Pretty crazy first round.  Next one could be a bit of a sleeper as the defensive teams make it through....

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #1399 on: April 22, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »
I haven't been able to watch any of the games for too long because I don't have a TV at my apt., but the Hawks and Coyotes have been having a crazy series.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1400 on: April 22, 2012, 06:43:33 PM »
Luongo to Toronto  ;D
Considering his age, contract and issues he has, hell no. I'd rather try and move Komisarek, Lombardi, Armstrong and Connolly first before we do anything. June 22nd couldn't get here any faster.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1401 on: April 22, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
I bought a Giroux jersey  ;D

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1402 on: April 23, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »
Pens defense during playoff was shit, wall to wall. Fleury gave up a lot of goals but he's not the sole reason the Flyers were able to score so much. Shit fell apart in front of him game after game.

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1403 on: April 23, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
So stoked Vancouver is out. Had they won the Stanley Cup, the rest of Canada would have never heard the end of it. That being said, I thought they had the cup this year as I predicted them and the Rangers in the finals. These playoffs have been too crazy!

Nick..

« Reply #1404 on: April 26, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »
So happy that the Bruins lost, completely classless by Bruins fans being racist against Joel Ward. Have fun on the golf course!

thugnificent

« Reply #1405 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
so do we start round 2 now in that espn bracket or what

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1406 on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
haven't watched a full game for awhile but decided to watch tonights.....great game, I was pulling for Phoenix.  Haven't really seen too many holes in the Kings game, Quick looks unstoppable. 

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1407 on: May 22, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
Can't get behind any teams left. Not even the devils, Parise is sick

Hate the Kings, but I can't see them losing

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1408 on: May 22, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »
I liked the idea of it being Phoenix and jersey in the finals....if we can't have it...they are the next best thing to no one winning it.  I like Jersey....mainly because the are the most offensive team left.....

Nick..

« Reply #1409 on: May 23, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
The Kings as a whole look unstoppable. Canucks in 5, Blues in 4, and Coyotes in 5, plus they have the perfect mix of primary scoring (Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Williams), secondary scoring (Nolan, Penner, King, Stoll), and just good chemistry between each defensemen such as Voynov and Mitchell that helps the puck stay away from the net. And Quick has been lights out. The Kings are really have to mail it in and turn over if they're going to lose in the Finals.