Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565837 times)

Yu Dum

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3960 on: May 04, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, I'm at a point in pretty much all of my games that I'm stuck in a deathloop.
I'll start RE7 and die within five minutes bc I'm stuck at the final battle with Jack.
Start RE3, and I'm stuck in a deathloop fighting Nemesis in NEST2.

Any of you Pals have any recommendations for survival horror games on PS4? I don't mind spending any money.
[close]

It's an older game, but I really enjoyed the first Outlast game. Great tension, especially early on.
[close]
I’ve been considering that. There’s minimal combat, right?
[close]

Yeah, I don't even remember actual combat (it's been a couple years). More like Amnesia or Alien: Isolation (both also recommended)
I'm definitely going to check it out. We have the Outlast trilogy here at my shop so I might just buy it today.

Also want to try Alien: Isolation, but I've heard mixed reviews and don't want to buy a game I'm not going to finish...I've done that too much lately.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3961 on: May 05, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »
Been switching back and fourth between Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 during this week, haven't played them in a while.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3962 on: May 05, 2020, 02:34:23 PM »
i'm playing Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, which is an absolute broken hunk of shit game
but one of the characters voice sounded eerily familiar, I did a google:

Does he play the skateboarder character in Ghost Recon: Breakpoint as well?

Yu Dum

« Reply #3963 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:42 AM »
Beat Doom: Eternal yesterday. The fight against the Kahn Maykr was WAY more frustrating than the fight with the Icon of Sin, but both fights were a trial of my patience. 10/10 game. Highly recommend if you're into fast paced shooters.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3964 on: May 06, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »
I been playing a fuckload of Modern Warfare still. I'm working at home and half the day I log off the work proxy and play the fucking game lol. Anyone else playing? I usually hate COD but this one got me hooked.

Hopefully gonna upgrade my GPU but might hold off a few weeks and get a nice computer chair instead.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3965 on: May 06, 2020, 12:18:20 PM »
Beat Doom: Eternal yesterday. The fight against the Kahn Maykr was WAY more frustrating than the fight with the Icon of Sin, but both fights were a trial of my patience. 10/10 game. Highly recommend if you're into fast paced shooters.

Just bought it since it’s on steam sale right now. First level has me hooked, perfect game to play on coffee and adderall.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3966 on: May 06, 2020, 12:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just bought it since it’s on steam sale right now. First level has me hooked, perfect game to play on coffee and adderall.
Man, you'll love it more and more the deeper you get into it. The first level kind of threw me for a loop since the last one had a more gradual build up to the main gameplay. I wasn't ready for the immediate hoard of demons.

Mesteezo

« Reply #3967 on: May 06, 2020, 01:10:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Man, you'll love it more and more the deeper you get into it. The first level kind of threw me for a loop since the last one had a more gradual build up to the main gameplay. I wasn't ready for the immediate hoard of demons.

Dude right? Thought I could get a bongrip in as soon as I loaded the first level, only to get my ass beat after 7 seconds hahaha. Definitely feels like the Doom I grew up with.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3968 on: May 06, 2020, 01:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Dude right? Thought I could get a bongrip in as soon as I loaded the first level, only to get my ass beat after 7 seconds hahaha. Definitely feels like the Doom I grew up with.
Same, man. I took a second to take a hit and BOOM! Got murked in a matter of seconds. I might go through now that I've unlocked most of the cheats and get the rest of the secrets.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3969 on: May 06, 2020, 01:37:53 PM »
Ordered an RX 5700 XT. Exciting.

Mesteezo

« Reply #3970 on: May 06, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »

May the driver gods be on your side. It's raw performance for the price can't be beat, but I've read a lot of people have issues getting the drivers to work. Hope it works out for you, was considering that GPU but opted for a gtx 1660 super instead.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3971 on: May 06, 2020, 02:29:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

May the driver gods be on your side. It's raw performance for the price can't be beat, but I've read a lot of people have issues getting the drivers to work. Hope it works out for you, was considering that GPU but opted for a gtx 1660 super instead.
Thank you! I was concerned about this myself. Was going back and forth between it and a 2060 super. I looked at a lot of reviews and a lot of those issues were at launch and didn't really see any negative reviews regarding that from recently. So yeah, still hoping it works out.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3972 on: May 08, 2020, 07:10:53 PM »
Played some of Streets of Rage 4.  SoR2 is one of my favorite games ever, so I was happy to see that they didn’t fuck it up. 

They added some new stuff while it still plays just like the old games.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

drunk guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3973 on: May 09, 2020, 05:34:43 AM »
Has anyone played the trails of cold steel series? Thinking about ordering the first two on ebay because the third is coming out on switch and I need a new series to get into while the city I live in is on lockdown.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #3974 on: May 09, 2020, 07:21:17 AM »
Playing through Shadow of the Colossus again.

I played it on PS2 but never finished it because it was too much game for PS2 and it just ran poorly.

I played all the way through on the PS3 Ico/SotC Remaster pack.

I've just defeated the 8th Colossus on the PS4 version.

I think the PS3 one might be my favorite version. The PS4 one is completely beautiful but there is some of the weird dreaminess lost in the super-realistic graphics on this newest remake. Also on the PS3 you can custom configure the controls whereas on PS4 there's only a few options and none of them are perfect for me.

Also, I've been getting super nerdy and downloaded Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 and have been learning the game. I've just been going through the tutorials so I haven't even played a match yet, but my girlfriend was laughing at me yesterday because I was basically jumping off the couch yesterday mimicking the character's jumping. It's super intense and it's perfect for now because I have hours of sitting on my ass inside. I'm already considering buying an arcade stick just for this game which I haven't done since I bought one for PS2 for Virtua Fighter 5.

Thanks for the summary of the SoTC versions. I've only ever played the PS2 version and it's one of my favorites of all time. The graphical limitations don't bother me- it just adds to the dreamy aspect.

That said, my PS2 is in the closet and I've wondered which of the newer versions was best. I had heard unspecific complaints about controls on the PS4 and it sounds like I'd do better with the PS3 version.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #3975 on: May 10, 2020, 10:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Playing through Shadow of the Colossus again.

I played it on PS2 but never finished it because it was too much game for PS2 and it just ran poorly.

I played all the way through on the PS3 Ico/SotC Remaster pack.

I've just defeated the 8th Colossus on the PS4 version.

I think the PS3 one might be my favorite version. The PS4 one is completely beautiful but there is some of the weird dreaminess lost in the super-realistic graphics on this newest remake. Also on the PS3 you can custom configure the controls whereas on PS4 there's only a few options and none of them are perfect for me.

Also, I've been getting super nerdy and downloaded Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 and have been learning the game. I've just been going through the tutorials so I haven't even played a match yet, but my girlfriend was laughing at me yesterday because I was basically jumping off the couch yesterday mimicking the character's jumping. It's super intense and it's perfect for now because I have hours of sitting on my ass inside. I'm already considering buying an arcade stick just for this game which I haven't done since I bought one for PS2 for Virtua Fighter 5.
[close]

Thanks for the summary of the SoTC versions. I've only ever played the PS2 version and it's one of my favorites of all time. The graphical limitations don't bother me- it just adds to the dreamy aspect.

That said, my PS2 is in the closet and I've wondered which of the newer versions was best. I had heard unspecific complaints about controls on the PS4 and it sounds like I'd do better with the PS3 version.

I finished the PS4 version yesterday morning. It's still an amazing game. The PS3 version has the added bonus of coming on the same disc as a remastered version of Ico.

I haven't gotten around to playing The Last Guardian but I really want to eventually.

Still playing Dragon Ball FighterZ and Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2. Total nerdom.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #3976 on: May 10, 2020, 11:14:46 AM »
SotC was super rad.  When the og one came out it took me and a friend so freaking long to figure out how to beat the first colossus lol. During college had the PS3 version, and managed to finish that one (iirc). Real good shit.

Finished Celeste and Bad North on Switch. They were absolutely more than worth the ≤$5 each. I forgot how fucking hard Megaman games are—got frustrated so im on a break from X6 haha.... ¬¬

Bought Witcher III even though i finished it (iirc?) on my homie's 360 in college. Taking my sweet, sweet time with it this time around though. Forgot how weirdly fun fucking Gwent is. Excited to lose myself in this universe again.

Still logging into ACNH every day too heh
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:13:56 PM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Yu Dum

« Reply #3977 on: May 11, 2020, 12:42:53 PM »
Finished the first BioShock game for the first time ever last night. Super fun, but the last fight was an underwhelming conclusion.
Tried to start the second one and just couldn't get into it.
Also, really wanted to play Prey again, but it will not let me load it on PSNow. Anyone else having similar issues? I tried clearing up some space in my storage, but that did fuck all to help.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:13:30 PM by Blind Fisherman »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3978 on: May 11, 2020, 10:49:22 PM »
Played some of Streets of Rage 4.  SoR2 is one of my favorite games ever, so I was happy to see that they didn’t fuck it up. 

They added some new stuff while it still plays just like the old games.

Nice, they even kept the ability to avoid throw damage. Too broke to buy it just yet, though.

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #3979 on: May 12, 2020, 07:42:20 AM »
Currently playing Slap Message Board The Game

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3980 on: May 12, 2020, 01:16:03 PM »
Finished Control last week or the week before. Now I’ve just been playing Modern Warfare with a buddy as well as some Deep Rock Galactic on Steam. For single player I decided that it’s about time I try and finish Nier Automata

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3981 on: May 12, 2020, 03:54:26 PM »
Currently playing Slap Message Board The Game

Are you winning?

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -29
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #3982 on: May 12, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »
Animal Crossing.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #3983 on: May 13, 2020, 04:53:08 AM »
Expand Quote
started a new file in final fantasy 5 where i was gonna try to beat the game with 4 white mages but realized thats a complete waste of my fuckin life so stopped after an hour
[close]
this is insane

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Krile_Mayer_Baldesion_(Final_Fantasy_V)
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #3984 on: May 13, 2020, 04:54:48 AM »
Krile Mayer Baldesion, also known as Kururu or Cara, is a protagonist from Final Fantasy V. She can talk to moogles and chocobos as well as tame and befriend wind drakes. She keeps a pet moogle in her room and a wind drake on her balcony.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #3985 on: May 13, 2020, 04:56:09 AM »
uh oh now you guys done it

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #3986 on: May 13, 2020, 04:56:45 AM »
you can stfu now moogle I'll take it from here

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #3987 on: May 13, 2020, 05:56:01 AM »
Started replaying Zelda: Link Between Worlds the other day and I forgot how goddamn good it was. Severely underrated Zelda title.

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #3988 on: May 13, 2020, 06:03:52 AM »
agreed!  ;D

Yu Dum

« Reply #3989 on: May 13, 2020, 07:03:33 AM »
Started replaying Zelda: Link Between Worlds the other day and I forgot how goddamn good it was. Severely underrated Zelda title.
I only got to play it once when it first came out bc someone stole my 3DS, but thank you for reminding me that I need to play it again. One of the freshest takes on a handheld Zelda game in a long time.