Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 43621 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2280 on: Today at 05:06:40 AM »
WWE has all the Bullet Club alumni that matter. 😂
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2281 on: Today at 05:28:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's always super interesting learning about past moments in wrestling. Here's a blurred line between kayfaybe and reality moment. A Canadian NCAA amateur wrestler, John Tenta, turned sumo competitor, then pro-wrestler was matched up against a former sumo athlete & hothead named Koji Kitao. Koji didn't want to sell and or cooperate as things got tense based on some kind of sumo pride/rivalry in Koji's head.

Apparently the Hulkster — ya know, the guy that was supposed to be in Metallica — claims Tenta covered for him that night, cause he knew Koji was gonna put him in some shit: https://youtu.be/AukVofRrSP8?t=1551
[close]

Tenta/Earthquake/Avalanche/the Shark was the sickest. Had he been a tad more agile i.e Bam Bam Bigelow, I think he would have been pushed more as he was main event status.
[close]

Hell yeah. As it actually turns out there was a darkside of the ring on him that came out not that long ago. just watched it:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8txpia

Yes! I need to watch it. I’ve been slacking on those with just keeping up with weekly wrestling.

RAW last night was perfect. Dragunov VS Ricochet was an instant classic. The match was longer & many close three counts. The chemistry between the two was evident & Dragunov advancing to the King of the Ring only increases the chances that he will go against Gunther who also won against Sheamus last night. Double wins for me as Gunther & Dragunov are my favorites. The Mad Dragon is just on a whole other level . Workhorse with style & even makes losing look good.