Poll

arguably the most important part of one's set up, what you rockin down unda?

blind
destructo
element
force
fury
grind king
independent
krux
phantom
royal
ruckus
silver
tensor
thunder
tracker
venture
other

Author Topic: trucks  (Read 4666 times)

jacek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: trucks
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 08:34:43 AM »
got me some thunders, orions were pretty good too.
royals and indy were the worst ones ive ever riden

TotallyAwesome

• Rep: -6
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 09:09:16 AM »
i for the most part have ridden ventures in my 18 years on board.  they were light and durable enough for me to skate (i wasn't skating too many stair/drops) throught those years.  in the early 90's i did skate a couple of pairs of gullwing street shadows.  those trucks were awesome until i realized that i didn't need a riser anymore...

i didnt like thunders or indy's too much back then.  they were too heavy for my liking.  i liked my board to be as light as possible.  also, indy's were too high and they didn't turn like ventures, which is what i was used to....

anyway, i tried orions, they sucked.  i tried royals, they sucked.  i went back to ventures and wasn't psyched on those either.

lately i've been skating indys.  they took a minute to get used to but now i like them a lot. i've also been skating wider boards than i used to.  i have a pair of the wider ventures, but they're whatevs.  indy's actually turn and i kind of regret not giving them more of a chance earlier.  so yeah, my 2 cents...

mipe

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 09:16:06 AM »
my destrucktos are getting old. i'm going to buy indys for summer. yay!

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »
Indys and thunder.  I voted for thunder though.

meanknee

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »
Krux Downlows

Norwegianwood

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »
Thunder is the best

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »
Wait till Ace trucks are available. They are the best pair of trucks I've ridden that didn't need to be broken in.
In other words, my board didn't roll in circles when it'd roll away. The shit's are fucking dope! I honestly like trucks I don't have to think about or deal with. I just want to put them on and have them function good.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2007, 02:58:58 PM »
Wait till Ace trucks are available. They are the best pair of trucks I've ridden that didn't need to be broken in.
In other words, my board didn't roll in circles when it'd roll away. The shit's are fucking dope! I honestly like trucks I don't have to think about or deal with. I just want to put them on and have them function good.
Is that the other company out of Empire?

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
I think so. I kind of get the feeling it's an offshoot of Diamond. On the bottom of the truck is even a diamond shape. It was explained to me but I'm not sure. Something like the Ace of Diamonds or something like that. Anyways, sick ass trucks owned by a cool ass dude.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:19:10 PM by MAGIK INC GROUPIE »

fuckingvegan

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »
I think so. I kind of get the feeling it's an offshoot of Diamond. On the bottom of the truck is even a diamond shape. It was explained to me but I'm not sure. Something like the Ace of Diamonds or something like that. Anyways, sick ass trucks owned by a cool ass dude.

Any word if they are going to do wider sizes or just 129 and 139?

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure, but I did notice they had more than 2 sizes so yeah I guess. The pearl white ones are bananas!

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2007, 05:48:33 PM »
I've got a pair of the Indy lows and their pretty sick.

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2007, 06:46:53 PM »
all i have to say is ventures suck.  i broke a kingpin riding off a curb, not even olliing, just riding, and about a week later i broke the baseplate just standing on the ground tilting from one side to the other.

every other truck i had has been the same.

roulette

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hes talking about ACE trucks, not indys

you mean are they going to make trucks for a board 8.5 and over, indy just made up their size scale
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:08:27 PM by roulette »

your mom

• Rep: 26
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »
theres supposed to be 7 sizes

mikefork

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
i have always stood by indys but i am riding thunders now and they are pretty good

jrock

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »
indy's feel the best for me, but their quality is the worst.  I never had that many problems with the baseplates, but I've cracked at least 10 hangers...and when those aren't cracking, the axles are slipping, or bending, or the kingpin sticks out too far or breaks (you can't replace kingpins with the way they're made now).  I swore off indy's for years, but i decided to give em another try a few months ago.  Within 5 minutes of skating, the bushing exploded.  I went to the skateshop and bought some replacement bushings, and those exploded too (and no, I don't ride my trucks tight at all).  I finally threw some thunder bushings in, and they work fine now.  But yeah, they are blowing it.  They need to get their shit together and not focus so much on clothes and stickers. 

golgo13

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2007, 09:12:55 PM »
Ive ridden indys for the last 6 years, when the stage 9's first dropped yes there were some problems. baseplates broke, axles bent. I still crack a baseplate after a few months but all you gota do is take em back to a shop, theyll trade you out, not a big deal. im a big guy and ive NEVER broken a new indy hanger, not sure what youre doing but having worked at a shop for 6 years and seen dudes doing crazy stuff, i have yet to see a hanger come back broken. lots of ventures and thunders but no indys.
Yes indy bushings suck, bones bushings are easily the best out there, but ive never skated a pair of trucks that had bushings i liked anyways.
and ive pounded out indy kingpins plenty, if you cant get it out then take it to a shop, it works the same as it did before. I can do it in 3 hits usually.
Everyone I know who rides indy pretty much never has any problems and theyre pretty damn good skaters who destroy boards like theres no tomorrow. For every broken indy baseplate i get back i have 3 or 4 broken venture hangers.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1584
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2007, 11:11:24 PM »
thunders have good bushings....

kaufmaner

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2007, 12:48:47 AM »
all i have to say is ventures suck.  i broke a kingpin riding off a curb, not even olliing, just riding, and about a week later i broke the baseplate just standing on the ground tilting from one side to the other.

every other truck i had has been the same.

after this happend i noticed that the other truck had a crack in the same place... they didnt last for long and this happend on a flat ground 360 flip if i remember right
they were good while they lasted, i really liked how they reacted and all

now i'm on my 3rd set of krux and i absolutly love them

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007, 12:58:07 AM »
at least you know you have to have an excuse for riding Krux. hehehehe

you're excused for the time being.

muckles

• Rep: -29
  • RAZORSHARPCREW
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007, 01:05:11 AM »
Venture or Indy's but lately I've been riding Ventures for a while
<src img=http://forums.clubrsx.com/customavatars/avatar91928_161.gif>

fuckingvegan

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2007, 07:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hes talking about ACE trucks, not indys

[close]
you mean are they going to make trucks for a board 8.5 and over, indy just made up their size scale

Whatever is equal to Indy 149's, I ride a 8.25 and those fit perfect.

kaufmaner

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »

i had most of the big named trucks, thunders, destructos, indy stage 8's and 9's, trackers, ventures and tried a bunch of other trucks till i got hooked on krux, they just feel right for me
 i dont feel like i should give excuses, thats what i like and thats what i'll skate

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2007, 12:20:01 PM »
you're credit just went way down-hehehe.

j/p

fahque

• Rep: 3
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »
there are only 3 brands that exist. thunder venture and indy....  oh and kreeper and softrucks too.(what a joke)

Edward Penishands

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2007, 03:13:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i had most of the big named trucks, thunders, destructos, indy stage 8's and 9's, trackers, ventures and tried a bunch of other trucks till i got hooked on krux, they just feel right for me
 i dont feel like i should give excuses, thats what i like and thats what i'll skate

krux are just indys with a pussy (smiley face)

. . .

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »
I've gone through many types of trucks and been let down time after time. The only trucks I'm even remotely satisfied with is Fury. Still I've managed to bend my fair share of them (always replaced). They turn better than Indys.
I think Indy made a serious fuckup by changing the molds. Stage 8's were the last Indys in my eyes.
I've gone back and forth and always ended up with Fury. 149 Indys work fine with stage 8 baseplates but are a bit wide for my taste. They are on the verge of sticking out since the truck is really 8.5 and I ride 8.25. Fury 8's are a bit narrow but the turning is so much better. The bushings work right away too.
I'm just waiting for the real 8.25 trucks with 5.75 axles to come out, they'd have a big market.

Hey Henry, does Ace have anything to do with Joey Tershay?

Edward Penishands

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »
Hey Henry, does Ace have anything to do with Joey Tershay?

yes

golgo13

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2007, 05:13:08 PM »

I think Indy made a serious fuckup by changing the molds. Stage 8's were the last Indys in my eyes.

silly.