Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174123 times)

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -603
  • who knows
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote
i could watch shane skate flatground all day. Shane, Busenitz and Luan have the best looking flatground. their games of skate are better than some people's whole video parts
[close]
I think Mikemo should be on that list. And to the people that were hating on him, I don't understand you at all. He does everything correctly and struggle to see how he comes off as "jockish". I automatically subtract 5 IQ points from anyone who says that. Also, I find that he's always come off as a pretty happy and funny guy.

Rodrigo Tx. should be on that list too.

yeah Rodrigo is a good call.  Mike Mo is awesome to watch too.  amazing but doesn't go as fast as the others.

i should also have said herman, but he is the best watch period.
where is home?

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2013, 10:31:11 PM »
Tracer is the homie

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #1262 on: May 19, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »
MikeMo looks like he has fat potential. 
I can see it starting in the jowls.

For some reason there is an entire page of really stupid,
unfunny Mike Mo memes with that photo.

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1263 on: May 19, 2013, 11:18:33 PM »
rodrigos style is eh.... ill take carlos ribeiro over him

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1264 on: May 20, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It sucks when skaters get old and lose all their skills.
[close]

youre an idiot.
[close]

You're obviously a n00b. That's just what happens when you get older. It sucks, but it's reality.
[close]

is that why koston beat Busenitz and Morgan Smith?
seriously, think before you speak.
[close]

Got a problem with black or white thinking, do we? Ask any dude over 30 about the age thing. And don't forget to do your homework for school tomorrow.
[close]

You have obviously not seen the last Koston match. Or if you did you forgot it. Dude had a off day..
[close]

You too with the black or white thinking? Let me explain to y'all what happens when you become an old man skater: you have more off days and less on-point days. Key words: More & Less. Those are GRAY terms, not to be confused with black or white terms such as all or never.

For comparison, look at Koston in Yeah Right and Koston now. They are both great, but do you spot the difference? Koston at the top of his game in Yeah Right vs an age affected legend now. In this particular case, the legend has held up remarkably well over time, but is clearly not as on-the-ball as he was a decade ago. I'm pretty sure the man himself has acknowledged this before too.

You're trippinsn. Did koston play skate at the berrics a decade ago? Nope. You are making a false comparison. You don't know koston, you don't know what his days are like. If you didn't notice, he's always fucked up games of skate. You have no frame of reference for your claims, only conjecture. Obviously people slow down with age (someon call the obvious police) but he is showing no signs of slowing down at all.

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1265 on: May 20, 2013, 04:59:53 AM »

go ahead, watch street league

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1266 on: May 20, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

go ahead, watch street league
It's insane how much better he does his tricks than everyone else.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1267 on: May 20, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

youre an idiot.
[close]

You're obviously a n00b. That's just what happens when you get older. It sucks, but it's reality.
[close]

[close]

Got a problem with black or white thinking, do we? Ask any dude over 30 about the age thing. And don't forget to do your homework for school tomorrow.
[close]

You have obviously not seen the last Koston match. Or if you did you forgot it. Dude had a off day..
[close]

You too with the black or white thinking? Let me explain to y'all what happens when you become an old man skater: you have more off days and less on-point days. Key words: More & Less. Those are GRAY terms, not to be confused with black or white terms such as all or never.

For comparison, look at Koston in Yeah Right and Koston now. They are both great, but do you spot the difference? Koston at the top of his game in Yeah Right vs an age affected legend now. In this particular case, the legend has held up remarkably well over time, but is clearly not as on-the-ball as he was a decade ago. I'm pretty sure the man himself has acknowledged this before too.
[close]

You're trippinsn. Did koston play skate at the berrics a decade ago? Nope. You are making a false comparison. You don't know koston, you don't know what his days are like. If you didn't notice, he's always fucked up games of skate. You have no frame of reference for your claims, only conjecture. Obviously people slow down with age (someon call the obvious police) but he is showing no signs of slowing down at all.

Man, where do I start? That response is loaded with logical incongruities.

First of all, I would like to point out that the initial comment was NOT made by me, as it seems to be assumed that I agree with it. I don't. He obviously hasn't "lost all his skills" though, he has been unseated from his throne as he is no longer in his prime. Second, the scenario of Koston playing at the Berrics a decade ago is itself a false comparison. Third, personally knowing Koston is irrelevant. He is a public figure. We are judging his public performances. They are well documented and though he can still skate at an extremely high level (when he has an on day) he is no longer dominating the world of street skating as he once did. Lastly, you are being willfully ignorant by claiming Koston has shown no signs of slowing down or you just haven't been around long enough to see the change.

He's been one of my favorite skaters for 20 years now. I have studied everything he has put out. I have witnessed him in person in his prime. It's glaringly obvious that he has slowed down. He's still a great joy to watch, but he is no longer on top of his game.

Patrick Bateman

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1268 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »

This is a joke right? Go watch Can't Stop or Menikmati, then quit skating forever.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1269 on: May 20, 2013, 10:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

youre an idiot.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

First of all, I would like to point out that the initial comment was NOT made by me, as it seems to be assumed that I agree with it. I don't. He obviously hasn't "lost all his skills" though, he has been unseated from his throne as he is no longer in his prime. Second, the scenario of Koston playing at the Berrics a decade ago is itself a false comparison. Third, personally knowing Koston is irrelevant. He is a public figure. We are judging his public performances. They are well documented and though he can still skate at an extremely high level (when he has an on day) he is no longer dominating the world of street skating as he once did. Lastly, you are being willfully ignorant by claiming Koston has shown no signs of slowing down or you just haven't been around long enough to see the change.

He's been one of my favorite skaters for 20 years now. I have studied everything he has put out. I have witnessed him in person in his prime. It's glaringly obvious that he has slowed down. He's still a great joy to watch, but he is no longer on top of his game.

incongruencies*

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #1270 on: May 20, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

youre an idiot.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wrong

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1271 on: May 20, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

youre an idiot.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

incongruencies*

Touche

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1272 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

youre an idiot.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wrong

lol I rest my case.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1273 on: May 20, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
Certain skaters after this should be banned from future BATB's contest. They are the reason that these things are getting so boring now.

And fuck it, I am want Shane to win this one.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1274 on: May 20, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »
rodrigo pops his tricks high and clean but his style is just basic 2 me.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #1275 on: May 20, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »
i could watch shane skate flatground all day.    Shane, Busenitz and Luan have the best looking flatground.  their games of skate are better than some people's whole video parts

dude i love you. these are the types of dudes i live for watching on the berrics. also desarmo, hsu, torey and corey kenn. but yeah luan and shane skate with such precision it makes u wonder how much style can evolve over time...
try to remember, forget

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1276 on: May 21, 2013, 03:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote
i could watch shane skate flatground all day.?  ?  Shane, Busenitz and Luan have the best looking flatground.?  their games of skate are better than some people's whole video parts
[close]

dude i love you. these are the types of dudes i live for watching on the berrics. also desarmo, hsu, torey and corey kenn. but yeah luan and shane skate with such precision it makes u wonder how much style can evolve over time...

:-\
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Dummbert

« Reply #1277 on: May 21, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »

how is ribeiro's skating more special than tx?
tx is pre-superrobot-brazilian, he is on some og late 90s soldier trip, along with dudes like sarmiento.
i dig ribeiro's switch game, everything he does looks effortless, but he is much more generic, like most dudes are nowadays.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1278 on: May 21, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »

You're a fool.

goosey

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1279 on: May 21, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tx is pre-superrobot-brazilian, he is on some og late 90s soldier trip, along with dudes like sarmiento.
i dig ribeiro's switch game, everything he does looks effortless, but he is much more generic, like most dudes are nowadays.

Exactly - tx and sarmiento have two of the raddest styles. Can't describe the way they skate, but there are similarities, and they're both rad as fuck.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1280 on: May 21, 2013, 12:57:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly - tx and sarmiento have two of the raddest styles. Can't describe the way they skate, but there are similarities, and they're both rad as fuck.

Where is Sarmiento? Did he return to Spain?

Pearl

« Reply #1281 on: May 21, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1282 on: May 21, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
One who talks shit on TX deserves to be sodomized by one of those bizarre sex machines, then legs chopped off, and then skin ripped off and used to made shoes for fucking longboarders.

All hail TX.

Dummbert

« Reply #1283 on: May 21, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Where is Sarmiento? Did he return to Spain?

Yes, somewhat.
As far as i know he's still sponsored by Skatemafia, but always stayed in Spain. He had some footage in a more recent Nixon tour clip together with Chris Pfanner, Alex Mizurov and some other dudes, you know, the euro team...

He still looks like some 90s transplant and he still skates absurdely good.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1284 on: May 21, 2013, 09:00:11 PM »
One who talks shit on TX deserves to be sodomized by one of those bizarre sex machines, then legs chopped off, and then skin ripped off and used to made shoes for fucking longboarders.

All hail TX.

lol apparently on Slap, TX is the new Pops/Puleo/etc.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1285 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
wonder who won.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #1286 on: May 31, 2013, 11:55:39 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1287 on: June 01, 2013, 01:25:36 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Fake Tits

« Reply #1288 on: June 01, 2013, 03:02:29 AM »
^^^if true why post a spoiler?? Bah!

Fake Tits

« Reply #1289 on: June 01, 2013, 03:05:51 AM »
Or is that normal on slap??  ???