Author Topic: Alexis Sablone AS-1  (Read 12260 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Alexis Sablone AS-1
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2023, 01:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New colorway?

[close]

Flatspot posted the two new colorways

White and blue
Midnight Blue and white
[close]
I did not know that. So this is another new white/grey colorway coming soon.

the two you mentioned:

[close]

They photograph well at least
Heavy Weapon vibes on the blue one which for some reason you can already buy in Chile
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2023, 01:58:34 AM »
I don't trust anyone that says to go 0.5 down in Converse cupsoles.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2023, 08:54:29 AM »
Skated a longer session on these today, and I’ve arrived on the conclusion that I just really hate this shoe. It looks great, and that’s about it.

The way the thin material bags out, and easily/quickly tears is no bueno. Also, the bumpers for me could be closer to the toe, as in their current position they aren’t catching grip that much.

If I’m going Cons, I’m sticking to the CTS and One Stars. Those are good shoes that last, and skate well for me.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2023, 09:17:44 AM »
I don't trust anyone that says to go 0.5 down in Converse cupsoles.

The only Cons I ever would have to size down in was the ctas models. Everything else from them for me is tts that I've ever tried on.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2023, 10:23:47 AM »
Skated a longer session on these today, and I’ve arrived on the conclusion that I just really hate this shoe. It looks great, and that’s about it.

The way the thin material bags out, and easily/quickly tears is no bueno. Also, the bumpers for me could be closer to the toe, as in their current position they aren’t catching grip that much.

If I’m going Cons, I’m sticking to the CTS and One Stars. Those are good shoes that last, and skate well for me.
You're skating leather or suede?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2023, 10:33:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Leather. I have both the white leather, and the black suede model. I sort of regret buying multiples.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2023, 01:41:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Leather. I have both the white leather, and the black suede model. I sort of regret buying multiples.
I hear toy regarding material being thin, also craftsmanship looks sloppy. So far I like mine but durability is a concern. Hopefully ai can get 1 month outta of them.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2023, 05:36:52 AM »
I had the black suede, they fell apart pretty quick.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2023, 05:57:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I hear toy regarding material being thin, also craftsmanship looks sloppy. So far I like mine but durability is a concern. Hopefully ai can get 1 month outta of them.

Here’s hoping man! I didn’t even do a whole lot of fliptricks in this 2 hour session, and yet still the toe got tore up pretty good. 

It’s just a bummer, because had they used a slightly thicker material, and better stitching, they could potentially be a much better shoe.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2023, 11:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Are these wider or narrower than Fastbreaks? When I tried those on you could see my 1st and 5th metatarsal joints poking a bit and the shape of the toebox pressed my toes together inward a lot almost like if I had a Slip On that was too small.

People say the 1010 aren't wide, but neither of those things happened with them. I ended up not skating my Fastbreaks and sold them while they were new since they were limited so I never got to see how they broke in.
[close]

For me, it seems that out of the box these are narrower than the fastbreaks. I can check when I get home.

The fastbreaks to me felt extremely comfortable for my feet.

I fucking love the Fast Break fit.

Feels so good I gotta lube the bearings with spermicide jic.

Skating down the street like I'm walking on ice. Sssssss ahhhhhh eeeeeeek not yet not yet. 

I'm sorry bloard. Its been a while. Wanna rematch?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2023, 01:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are these wider or narrower than Fastbreaks? When I tried those on you could see my 1st and 5th metatarsal joints poking a bit and the shape of the toebox pressed my toes together inward a lot almost like if I had a Slip On that was too small.

People say the 1010 aren't wide, but neither of those things happened with them. I ended up not skating my Fastbreaks and sold them while they were new since they were limited so I never got to see how they broke in.
[close]

For me, it seems that out of the box these are narrower than the fastbreaks. I can check when I get home.

[close]

Skating down the street like I'm walking on ice. Sssssss ahhhhhh eeeeeeek not yet not yet. 

Fastbreaks seem pretty solid. I still have 2 pairs of the Al Davis Fastbreaks on ice, as well as 2 I’d the newer white/ruby colorway.

Skate Chuck’s are still my favorite of everything I’ve skated thus far.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2023, 04:30:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fastbreaks seem pretty solid. I still have 2 pairs of the Al Davis Fastbreaks on ice, as well as 2 I’d the newer white/ruby colorway.

Skate Chuck’s are still my favorite of everything I’ve skated thus far.

I like chucks too it's just that's the only shoe I wore as a kid so I usually chase something else.

I love the vans slips. It's definitely my favorite all around shoe. I just gotta have a change rn.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2023, 10:30:55 AM »
Anybody got like tendinitis issues after skating these for a while?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2023, 02:49:59 PM »

I was stoked on the shoe when it dropped but that's the reason I didn't buy the shoes after trying them on. The lack of support around the back of the heel is just begging for Achilles tendonitis issues of which I have plenty.
How much for an order of ribs?

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2023, 09:01:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was stoked on the shoe when it dropped but that's the reason I didn't buy the shoes after trying them on. The lack of support around the back of the heel is just begging for Achilles tendonitis issues of which I have plenty.
so it’s the heel collar lock in? But doesn’t that also have to do w the insole and over support?

I’m asking as a bad Achilles sufferer

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2023, 10:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
so it’s the heel collar lock in? But doesn’t that also have to do w the insole and over support?

I’m asking as a bad Achilles sufferer
It locks in just fine but is quite but show lacks that usual piece of plastic that provides stability around the ankle.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.