Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126610 times)

Twig88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm on my second pair of the Marc mid top, and it's seriously one of the best shoes I've had in a long time.
[close]

Would you mind posting a pic of your foot wearing them? I've been wanting to cop a pair for a while but I hate when shoes are between lows and mids where the shoe ends right underneath the ankle bump.. It always fucks with my ankle and give bad blisters, like the arto mids.

Any good? They are barely mids to be honest.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »
They look really good, I think ill get a pair.  Thanks alot for the picture man

Will Easley

« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm on my second pair of the Marc mid top, and it's seriously one of the best shoes I've had in a long time.
[close]

Would you mind posting a pic of your foot wearing them? I've been wanting to cop a pair for a while but I hate when shoes are between lows and mids where the shoe ends right underneath the ankle bump.. It always fucks with my ankle and give bad blisters, like the arto mids.
[close]

Any good? They are barely mids to be honest.

shit i wouldnt even call em mid's their like a higher-cut low top. i feel like they at least gotta cover ankle.

has anyone here tried the telfords?

Randozzi

« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »
About to try out some soon. Pretty much anything with the XLK sole is aces.

Dick Butkus

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
from people that have tried the xlk cupsoles and the lakai vulcs did you notice a huge difference? I'm skating some Mariano vulcs right now and loving them but I want to try the xlk's.

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »
whatz a Lakai?
;)

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »
from people that have tried the xlk cupsoles and the lakai vulcs did you notice a huge difference? I'm skating some Mariano vulcs right now and loving them but I want to try the xlk's.

XLK is a solid cupsole, I had the older ones that aren't as good as the current shoes, and they were still damn good. Pretty much every shoe company has a special sole construction and XLK is a great one. Their new website explains why it's good.

bresco

• Rep: 9
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »
A little offtopic but how's the sizing on the Campy model? Seems like there is not much of padding inside so that is why I'm asking. I wear size 9 in Lakai (for example Carroll 5) so should I go true to size or half size down?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:24 AM »
A little offtopic but how's the sizing on the Campy model? Seems like there is not much of padding inside so that is why I'm asking. I wear size 9 in Lakai (for example Carroll 5) so should I go true to size or half size down?
i'd go with your regular size.  i just picked up a pair and they have a nice thick removable insole, so they're not as thin as you'd think.

Tim_Smith

• Rep: -2
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »
To will easley asking about the telfords. I had them back when they first came out so I can't comment on the feel of the new xlk cupsole. But I can say they were pretty high as far as high tops go, and honestly they felt kind of like bricks. The sides covered my ankles but didn't flex at all, as compared to say a dunk that's a little softer and flexier, or a sk8 hi that's thin and extrememly flexy. They skated fine but sometimes I could feel the sides rubbing into my ankle/shin area. But if you're looking for a dunk alternative I'd say definitely get them!

baggypants4life

« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »
Should i get the bb3s or the lindens?

dillanharp

« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »
Should i get the bb3s or the lindens?
BB3's

Randozzi

« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »
just got a pair of the BB3 and they feel great. looking forward to skating them after my Picos.

negroid

• Rep: -13
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
has anyone tried the griffin? how is it?

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »
has anyone tried the griffin? how is it?
I'm considering getting a pair as well. Any feedback would be appreciated. They look promising.

Randozzi

« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
I have a pair, pretty solid shoe. Snug fit, low cut and feel good.
I'm more of a cupsole fan but these feel solid. The insole is thin but the arch support is good.

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
I actually wrote them to complain about the quality of their shoes, got no reply. Thanks, Lakai!

They use the cheapest factories they could. Basically Slave labor for real (look it up its no secret over there). They need to make the biggest margin possible on shoes. MJ gotta get paid son!
  Besides nike, I believe Adidas is the only shoe company who proactively checks on the factories making Adidas product.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
I actually wrote them to complain about the quality of their shoes, got no reply. Thanks, Lakai!
[close]

They use the cheapest factories they could. Basically Slave labor for real (look it up its no secret over there). They need to make the biggest margin possible on shoes. MJ gotta get paid son!
?  Besides nike, I believe Adidas is the only shoe company who proactively checks on the factories making Adidas product.

since they switched factories almost a year ago, ive found their quality to be on par, if not better than, nike and adidas. definitely better than nike as of late

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2013, 06:02:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

?  Besides nike, I believe Adidas is the only shoe company who proactively checks on the factories making Adidas product.
[close]

since they switched factories almost a year ago, ive found their quality to be on par, if not better than, nike and adidas. definitely better than nike as of late

I feel good about supporting Adidas riders knowing that the corporate level they are at least proactive about slave labor and all the bad stuff going on in overseas factories.  Apple Iphone workers were committing suicide by jumping out the windows for fucks sake. shits fucked up, third world style.

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/sustainability/assets/governance/2011_Oct_Policy_on_forced_labour_and_human_trafficking.pdf

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/sustainability/Suppliers/Our_Workplace_standards/default.aspx

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Besides nike, I believe Adidas is the only shoe company who proactively checks on the factories making Adidas product.

What's your job with Adidas?  ;)

1017diamond

« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2013, 10:28:31 PM »
did they fix all the durability issues once they switched from podium to crailtap because i havent had a pair since then

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »
yes.

Dick Butkus

« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »
Has anyone tried the Camby yet? Definitely gonna get my hands on a pair of those.

dillanharp

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I feel good about supporting Adidas riders knowing that the corporate level they are at least proactive about slave labor and all the bad stuff going on in overseas factories.  Apple Iphone workers were committing suicide by jumping out the windows for fucks sake. shits fucked up, third world style.

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/sustainability/assets/governance/2011_Oct_Policy_on_forced_labour_and_human_trafficking.pdf

http://www.adidas-group.com/en/sustainability/Suppliers/Our_Workplace_standards/default.aspx

http://usas.org/2013/04/24/victory-badidas-campaign-forces-adidas-to-respect-indonesian-garment-worker-rights/

ZEBRA

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
http://usas.org/2013/04/24/victory-badidas-campaign-forces-adidas-to-respect-indonesian-garment-worker-rights/

Haha. I don't think any company that is getting stuff from Asia isn't doing slave labor type shit in some way, shape, or form.

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
Has anyone tried the Camby yet? Definitely gonna get my hands on a pair of those.

I got it, it fits really well. Feels really good to skate in too, although I won't skate them since they'll probably rip in a few minutes
#HASHTAG

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2013, 05:38:59 PM »
support the good people at premier while also supporting the good people at lakai. some really good sale prices.

http://www.thepremierstore.com/products.cfm?CatID=8

softgoods on sale too

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #207 on: May 28, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
Best XLK shoe out right now? I miss XLK and just wanna know what to snag.

StFlour

« Reply #208 on: May 28, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »

Pico XLK

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #209 on: May 28, 2013, 02:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pico XLK