Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126608 times)

JBones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -88
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
Any new canvas or vegan Lakai's coming soon?
Preferably NON Lean versions.

nylin

« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2013, 11:06:51 PM »

Saw these on one of those ebay stores that sells samples. Can anyone please tell me if these are coming out? I'd love to buy 5 pairs.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »
How's the boardfeel on the Marcs?
Compared to ??

I really like Manchesters and want to get some Marcs so I was curious.

Lakai told me the Manchesters insole was updating after this past summer from the red rubber heelpad to something more like the poly foam type insole.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »
Are these from the new factory?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #364 on: October 13, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »

Saw these on one of those ebay stores that sells samples. Can anyone please tell me if these are coming out? I'd love to buy 5 pairs.

yeah, should be out within a couple weeks. fall release

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #365 on: October 14, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
Bought another pair of Lakai Howard Desert Boot. I've posted several times in this thread, this shoe fucking kills in all ways: style, comfort, durability, functionality. I've heard Lakai is discontinuing it so I am trying to scoop up as many pair as I can while they're available.

One thing I have not mentioned though is that for those that couldn't get their foot in the Howard Lo because of how narrow it is might actually be able to get into these. They are not near as narrow. As reference, I wear a 10 and the Lo is SNUG on me, but I could almost get into a 9.5 in the Desert Boot.

What the sizing in howards? Is it the same size as vulc like the Marc or half size larger?

How's the boardfeel on the Marcs?
Compared to ??

I really like Manchesters and want to get some Marcs so I was curious.

Lakai told me the Manchesters insole was updating after this past summer from the red rubber heelpad to something more like the poly foam type insole.

I Just finished skating the Marc, the boardfeel is really good, it's not Vans Waffle good, but it's comparable no Nike Vulc feel. The herringbone pattern is deep and even when the threads are wore out it still grips a lot. The sole felt a bit wider than let's say a Blazer but you get used to it really quick. The shape of the overall shoe doesn't get too floppy and you can still feel the shape of the shoe after 30 hours of skateboarding.

I loved this shoe and will probably buy again if found cheap.

b.v.

« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:21 AM »
The sole they use on the marc,pico and a few other models only gets better the more you skate it. Mine didn't go flat until week 4 and I grind my feet a lot setting up for flip tricks vs a vans sole with would go bald after a week for me.
The grip was perfect too, no slippery feet.
 Never wore a hole in the suede either.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2013, 09:05:42 AM »
anyone got any input on the durabilty of those badboys? (that colorway too)

always kinda put off by canvas, but i think its only in the heel area, right?

Randozzi

« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »
yes, suede is up front.

just started skating a pair of the Anchor Guy XLKs. really liking them so far. light and thin, with padding where you need it.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2013, 09:22:26 AM »
thanks randozzi! i guess i?ll try to get those.

not too easy to get lakai around here, at least not at reasonable prices. and no matter how much i would love to buy the Marcs, i cant get myself to pay 90? for them.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
My friend had a pair of those black Cambys. He liked them a lot, but I'd say don't expect them to last as long as your Marc's.
damn those yarys bout those squats

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »
i was simply curious if it lasts like a "slim, thin shoe" aka 4 weeks or like a "slim, thin canvas shoe" aka 2 weeks haha

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2013, 05:54:25 PM »
been skating the alvarez for about the last 5 weeks, sick shoe. skates realy good and both the sole and the ollie area hold up perfectly fine, still grippy...only annoying thing is the fuckign tongue always slides down the side of the shoe and i have to pull it out every 5 minutes, about to start skating the howards soon, they feel like they will skate really well, not too hyped on the colorway but whatever im hood

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2013, 12:30:22 AM »
been skating the alvarez for about the last 5 weeks, sick shoe. skates realy good and both the sole and the ollie area hold up perfectly fine, still grippy...only annoying thing is the fuckign tongue always slides down the side of the shoe and i have to pull it out every 5 minutes, about to start skating the howards soon, they feel like they will skate really well, not too hyped on the colorway but whatever im hood
Did you got the same size for the howard as you got for alvarez?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2013, 12:34:48 AM »
yes, the howard fits a little tighter but they stretch out...but so far i fucking hate this shoe, i can't fucking kickflip in them and they rub my heel and now i have a sore throat ...

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2013, 07:41:17 AM »
yes, the howard fits a little tighter but they stretch out...but so far i fucking hate this shoe, i can't fucking kickflip in them and they rub my heel and now i have a sore throat ...

the heel pain will go away after a couple skates

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
What the sizing in howards? Is it the same size as vulc like the Marc or half size larger?

The desert boot? It's not nearly as snug fitting as the lo. I most likely could've got in a 9.5 if I really wanted to. It's not sloppy feeling, it's just not as close fitting as the Lo. Whereas the Lo model, a 10 fits me SNUGLY. Essentially a form fit to my foot. But not in a bad way.

Crazy to hear this is your experience with the shoe. Everyone's foot is shaped so differently, and I know the Howard isn't for everyone because of how it's designed to fit so slim. The shape of the toe has never prevented me from being able to flip my board. I've actually been doing more flip tricks lately.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2013, 02:14:41 AM »
i kind of like slim fitting shoes, i dunno the thing that gives me the shits about them is the outer doesn't feel very grippy, like the bottom is fine but for flicks and shit for me it feels like the majority of the contact with the board isn't coming from the suede upper but from where the vamp piece would be ona  vulc shoe.  and it just kidna slides along the grip instead of a ncie grippy flick... i dont know if this makes sense.... anyway i skated my vincents again today and i could kickflip again felt great

fappn poser

• Rep: 2
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »
the griffins are so much more comfy than most common generic vulc shoes (janoskis and all its look a likes).
i had to sell my howards(wide feet). how narrow are the marc to the griffins? my feet cant take a skinnier shoe  :'(

dillanharp

« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2013, 10:20:48 PM »
the griffins are so much more comfy than most common generic vulc shoes (janoskis and all its look a likes).
i had to sell my howards(wide feet). how narrow are the marc to the griffins? my feet cant take a skinnier shoe  :'(
I haven't tried the Griffins, but I got the Marc's because the Howards were too narrow. Feel me?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #381 on: October 17, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
^^^^ skating the griffins ATM and they are great. Weak insoles though, but that's insignificant. Anyone had the lindens?

Basingstoke

• Rep: 34
« Reply #382 on: October 17, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »
I have the Lindens but have stopped skating in them for a couple of reasons, the upper and sole look as if they are about to come apart. It could be that due to the gum colour soles are a bit more brittle and don't bond to well to the upper, also the toes seem to be very well reinforced with an extra layer of material under the suede and so the shoe doesn't flex too well and has poor breathabilty.

I am skating my second pair of the Brady Belmont XLKs and love them, a bit worried about a future without them.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #383 on: October 17, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
I haven't skated a pair of Lakais since the Manchesters, but I just got a pair of Brady Belmont XLKs. They are super mega sick.  I also haven't skated a cupsole in years so I was worried about board feel, but they're good in that department.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #384 on: October 17, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
^^^^ skating the griffins ATM and they are great. Weak insoles though, but that's insignificant. Anyone had the lindens?

skated them, loved them. i love the shape these guys have when you look down on your feet.

heres a review too. http://www.weartested.com/lakai-linden-review/

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2013, 03:09:06 AM »
skated them, loved them. i love the shape these guys have when you look down on your feet.

heres a review too. http://www.weartested.com/lakai-linden-review/

Thanks for posting this. Great review.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »
Are these from the new factory?

I think so, those are from the holiday '12 catalog? I had some from spring '13 and they were amazing, one of the best shoes i've ever skated.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2013, 09:52:36 AM »
Got these for chillers at a great price. Amazingly designed shoes. It's a shame they were about a year too early for the "tech runner" trend we're in now. I like em even better than the Project BAs for daily wear, which are too bulky in the toe and heel.

Didn't realize how close the new Silas shoe is to these until I saw them in person. Lakai beat the big brands at their own game.

aaronagis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #388 on: October 19, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
Wondering if anyone can help me with the sizing on the GUY XLK?
Do they run about the same as the rest of the lakai line? My last pair of Lakai were the Carrol 5,and those were vulc so i'm trying to make sure I order the right size since the guys are a cup sole.

Randozzi

« Reply #389 on: October 19, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »
Got these for chillers at a great price. Amazingly designed shoes. It's a shame they were about a year too early for the "tech runner" trend we're in now. I like em even better than the Project BAs for daily wear, which are too bulky in the toe and heel.

Didn't realize how close the new Silas shoe is to these until I saw them in person. Lakai beat the big brands at their own game.
i love those shoes. best and most comfortable shoe i've ever owned. stood/worked for 12 hours in them and was still able to skate after. damn shame they aren't still in the line-up.

skating the Guy XLK right now, fit the same as the Griffens/Vincents, haven't had the Carroll.