Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126609 times)

Kinch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
Wondering if anyone can help me with the sizing on the GUY XLK?
Do they run about the same as the rest of the lakai line? My last pair of Lakai were the Carrol 5,and those were vulc so i'm trying to make sure I order the right size since the guys are a cup sole.

I had the Marc a little while ago and am now skating the Guy XLK. As far as I can tell there is no difference in sizing; a 12 in both fit me fairly snug. I'm liking the Guy XLK a lot though, they were pretty stiff at first but they feel really nice now that they are broken in. I'd say get 'em in the same size and enjoy.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #391 on: October 20, 2013, 01:40:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Are these from the new factory?

[close]

I think so, those are from the holiday '12 catalog? I had some from spring '13 and they were amazing, one of the best shoes i've ever skated.

I'm pretty sure these are from the new factory because I've been skating Lakais nonstop and it still feels amazing.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #392 on: October 20, 2013, 05:02:47 AM »
How many models is the XLK sole on? In addition to my Howards I want to add something else.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:05:23 AM by heritage »

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #393 on: October 20, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
How many models is the XLK sole on? In addition to my Howards I want to add something else.
Several: Pico XLK, Linden, Telford, BB3, Guy XLK, etc.
The Howard shoe really seems to be the thinnest of all of the XLK shoes though.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #394 on: October 21, 2013, 03:37:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

howard and pico xlk feel similar thickness to me. the pico xlk is my go-to. if anything id say the guy xlk feels the thinnest, but you really cant go wrong with anything xlk. probably already said this ten times in this thread but I cant wait for the BB4. gonna be the perfect shoe

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #395 on: October 21, 2013, 09:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

howard and pico xlk feel similar thickness to me. the pico xlk is my go-to. if anything id say the guy xlk feels the thinnest, but you really cant go wrong with anything xlk. probably already said this ten times in this thread but I cant wait for the BB4. gonna be the perfect shoe
if the incorporate some good breathability then yes. also seen the white on white colorway must cop

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #396 on: October 27, 2013, 04:29:38 AM »
yes, the howard fits a little tighter but they stretch out...but so far i fucking hate this shoe, i can't fucking kickflip in them and they rub my heel and now i have a sore throat ...

i wore my howards today and got a giant blister and sore feet... i hope they stretch out

no sore throat though

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #397 on: October 27, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
Expand Quote
yes, the howard fits a little tighter but they stretch out...but so far i fucking hate this shoe, i can't fucking kickflip in them and they rub my heel and now i have a sore throat ...
[close]

i wore my howards today and got a giant blister and sore feet... i hope they stretch out

no sore throat though
Yea you'll be fine once they break in. Sounds like to much trouble on paper but once you skate them....

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #398 on: October 27, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no sore throat though
[close]
Yea you'll be fine once they break in. Sounds like to much trouble on paper but once you skate them....

i was skating them... that was no problem.... just the heel rubbing was lame... never had that happen with lakai's

if and when they stretch out and the blistering stops then ill be a happy camper

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #399 on: October 30, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »
I'm on my second pair of "Brea"'s and I love em. Until these I had never skated Lakais before. Damn..... they crush.

Big Baby Jesus

• Rep: -4
« Reply #400 on: October 30, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »
Recently ordered some griffins for cheap and when I wore them to school I had foot pain after classes. Come to realize they had a manufacturers defect, hit up Lakai getting some new griffins soon.
Good customer service.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »
Recently ordered some griffins for cheap and when I wore them to school I had foot pain after classes. Come to realize they had a manufacturers defect, hit up Lakai getting some new griffins soon.
Good customer service.

Damn, that really sucks about the defect. But, the new factory seems to be producing better defect-free quality shoes as a whole.
But at least Lakai is ALWAYS on it for customer service.
At the old factory, half of my buys were defective, so after a while I just quit buying.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #402 on: October 31, 2013, 06:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no sore throat though
[close]
[close]

i was skating them... that was no problem.... just the heel rubbing was lame... never had that happen with lakai's

if and when they stretch out and the blistering stops then ill be a happy camper

Bummed to hear they aren't working that great for you so far. I just cant STFU about how much I like them. Phenomenal shoe for everything. And as someone mentioned a few posts back about the XLK sole...it just never wears down. I've been hammering my Howards and the sole barely looks phased.

For the people that can't fit comfortably into the Howard Lo but still like the look of the shoe I have been recommending the Desert Boot model. They're cut a little more roomy in the body of the shoe and seem to fit a wider range of feet.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no sore throat though
[close]
[close]

[close]

Bummed to hear they aren't working that great for you so far. I just cant STFU about how much I like them. Phenomenal shoe for everything. And as someone mentioned a few posts back about the XLK sole...it just never wears down. I've been hammering my Howards and the sole barely looks phased.

For the people that can't fit comfortably into the Howard Lo but still like the look of the shoe I have been recommending the Desert Boot model. They're cut a little more roomy in the body of the shoe and seem to fit a wider range of feet.

i might have to look into getting the boot version... they lo's skate fine, i was just bummed that they gave me blisters. I guess october was my unlucky month with shoes... I had a pair of vincents that tore instead of wearing down...still.. the good out ways the bad by far

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #404 on: November 08, 2013, 07:42:02 AM »
My guilt of buying strictly adidas and vans is catching up to me.  I feel I owe it to skateboarding to support strictly skateboarder-owned brands.  So I'm in the market for some new skate shoes, preferably Lakai.

I like skating Vans Old Skools, and Adidas Silas 2's; I like basic shoes.  Sounds like you guys really like the new Lakai Alvarez.  I might have to pick up a pair of those.

What are your guys experiences with Lakai Carroll Selects and Carroll 5's?
For Your Health

Randozzi

« Reply #405 on: November 08, 2013, 08:09:39 AM »
the Carroll selects are pretty damn good, they build a better half-cab. a couple friends had the 5s and liked them a lot.

Anti-Hetro

• Rep: -49
  • I used to rape guys like you in prison!
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2013, 10:56:50 AM »
I have never owned a pair of Lakais that didn't have manufacturing flaws

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #407 on: November 08, 2013, 11:29:49 AM »
:'(

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2013, 11:53:12 AM »
the Carroll selects are pretty damn good, they build a better half-cab. a couple friends had the 5s and liked them a lot.

Haha thats exactly what I wanted to hear!  Sizing on these true to size?  I'm an 8.5 in old skools, half cabs, busenitz, etc.
For Your Health

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2013, 07:10:44 AM »

you must be really unlucky. ive skated around 10 pairs within the last few years and 1 had a minor flaw that didn't effect how they skated

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »
The Brady Belmont XLK's I came in here to rave a few pages ago about blew out faster than a canvas slip-ons. The stitching ripped in a couple days and then the material behind ripped and now my foot wants to flop out the side. And I usually skate shoes for like 6 months! Are these from the old factory or something? I shoe gooed them up and I'll keep skating them for as long as I can, but I'm curious if this is normal. I keep hearing about Lakai's quality improving. Maybe that happened after they made this pair of shoes.

plod

« Reply #411 on: November 09, 2013, 05:04:40 PM »
Got the Marc's yesterday, really impressed with the quality.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:54 AM »
OK

i FINALLY broked in my fucking howards

they skate really good

that is all

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: November 10, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »
OK

i FINALLY broked in my fucking howards

they skate really good

that is all

Cool, glad to hear they are working out. They should last you awhile. The laces on my front foot (flip foot) were quick to break but that's any shoe. The sole is indestructible.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »
To my durability post above, of all the Howards I own this pair probably have the most skate hours on them. About 25/30 hours so far:

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #415 on: November 10, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
To my durability post above, of all the Howards I own this pair probably have the most skate hours on them. About 25/30 hours so far:

It's not even close to dying. Props to Lakai. DONT EVER REMOVE THE HOWARDS from the line-up.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #416 on: November 10, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »
These are already out but DAAAAAAAAAAMN

sorry just had to spread the good word

micky682

« Reply #417 on: November 10, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's not even close to dying. Props to Lakai. DONT EVER REMOVE THE HOWARDS from the line-up.
I've skated the Guy XLK twice now, between the guy and the howards which one is better in you Pal's opinion.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #418 on: November 10, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
The guy is the better skate shoe but the Howard's look better. The differences are that the guy is more durable and stable. I would go for the Howard just for the change of pace, they are both great.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #419 on: November 10, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »
which guy's are you talking about? the one with the wierd little heel logo thing? that shit looks whack