Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126614 times)

skate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #570 on: November 02, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »
been skating the cambys for a couple of days. one of the best simple vulc shoes out there

Randozzi

« Reply #571 on: January 18, 2015, 01:34:10 PM »
Just started breaking in these, really like them.

never skated a slip-on before but i'm impressed with the Owen. amazing board feel and fits snug around the ankle.

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #572 on: January 21, 2015, 04:12:07 AM »
The Fall 2015 drop from Lakai is looking really solid. Griffin XLK, Riley Hawk Pro model, a reengineered Owen + more...
#HASHTAG

BMCsteve

« Reply #573 on: January 21, 2015, 04:21:19 AM »
The Fall 2015 drop from Lakai is looking really solid. Griffin XLK, Riley Hawk Pro model, a reengineered Owen + more...

Where did you see the reengineered owen at?

HASHTAG

« Reply #574 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where did you see the reengineered owen at?

Well, maybe I exaggerated a bit on the reengineering - It's has this special thingy on the toe, similar to the Nike SB Premium shoes have to make them last longer.
#HASHTAG

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 244
« Reply #575 on: January 22, 2015, 10:02:38 PM »
had 4 pairs of cambys and loved em, skating a pair of MJ's now and they make the cambys pale in comparison, theyre just too damn goood

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #576 on: January 22, 2015, 10:17:57 PM »
had 4 pairs of cambys and loved em, skating a pair of MJ's now and they make the cambys pale in comparison, theyre just too damn goood
For real. Skating the MJ's now, one of the best shoes out.
damn those yarys bout those squats

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2015, 04:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
For real. Skating the MJ's now, one of the best shoes out.

I really like the MJ's, they look great. They don't skate as well for me as the Marc. But it's also a different type of shoe than the Marc, just more of a minimalist profile.

The MJ's lace row doesn't tie as high on my foot as the Marc, if that makes any sense. And the heel lock is different. But all that said, it's still a damn nice shoe.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #578 on: January 23, 2015, 10:46:56 AM »
I'm a little over vulc shoes and sold to cupsoles so now i'm curious about the new xlk shoes they have to come this year, expecialy the "pacer" and the "griffin xlk"!
This and and the new Es with the runner toe are the shoes i wait the most this year.

The all black colorway is a instant buy!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #579 on: January 23, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
the navy colorway feels like a throwback to carrolls first pro shoe. aaah.. nostalgia.

HASHTAG

« Reply #580 on: January 23, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »
I'm a little over vulc shoes and sold to cupsoles so now i'm curious about the new xlk shoes they have to come this year, expecialy the "pacer" and the "griffin xlk"!
This and and the new Es with the runner toe are the shoes i wait the most this year.

The all black colorway is a instant buy!

Yup, should be really good. Lakai is coming out with the Griffin XLK for Fall 15, and also a new shoe called the Haven for Fall 15.
#HASHTAG

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #581 on: March 07, 2015, 06:53:06 AM »
Did you guys have a good experience with your Owens? The suede on mine has already worn through and the soles have gone bald after a week, not to mention I've rolled my ankle twice.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Randozzi

« Reply #582 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:59 AM »
mine are going strong, but i don't put the hurt on my shoes like others do. could be a bunk pair.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #583 on: March 07, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
Just got a pair of the Guymar. Haven't had a chance to skate them but overall first impression is that it's going to be an awesome pair. Interesting cross between the cup sole and vulc sole as well.

nylin

« Reply #584 on: March 07, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
Did you guys have a good experience with your Owens? The suede on mine has already worn through and the soles have gone bald after a week, not to mention I've rolled my ankle twice.

Good experience with mine. Wish they would've kept the Griffin sole thick but I'm still hyped on em.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #585 on: March 07, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good experience with mine. Wish they would've kept the Griffin sole thick but I'm still hyped on em.
Yeah, I expected the soles to last forever and they haven't. Oh, well. The Guy shoe looks sick!
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

4wheels

« Reply #586 on: March 07, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »
why cant lakai just make a simple cupsole again? griffin xlk coming when?
actually never mind, just looked at the catalog. the sole is all weird and tech looking and gross
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:50:31 PM by Four wheels »

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #587 on: March 07, 2015, 10:38:22 PM »
why cant lakai just make a simple cupsole again? griffin xlk coming when?
actually never mind, just looked at the catalog. the sole is all weird and tech looking and gross

yeah im still pretty hyped on it, but when we were all talking about a griffin xlk in this thread like a year ago, I think we imagined a much more minimal cupsole like the one on the new figgy shoe. I guess it saves money to only have one mold instead of having a whole new one made

Randozzi

« Reply #588 on: March 19, 2015, 08:56:01 PM »

TINCL

« Reply #589 on: March 20, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
Lakai is doing great things with shoes.  Their new products are looking so skate-able.

Skating some all black Owens right now.  For people asking they were great, nice grippy rubber and plenty of tread left!  I wish they would make an armored slip on with a rubber toe cap or thin rubber ollie/flick protection because of how nice they felt. 

Now at the end of their life the cheap insoles are getting to my feet, the suede is finally getting a butthole, and they have stretched a bit but no complaints.  This is a suede one piece slip on we're talking about not some engineered super shoe, comfort has always been priority to functionality, but these have max comfort and a little more function.  And they're not nikes ;D

I noticed the pinky toe side of my foot was getting crampy from flexing for stability, I could see how ankle rolls might happen.  All in all, a great chiller shoe to do some wall-rides and simple tricks, but like all slip on's it's not the most stable. 

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #590 on: March 20, 2015, 03:18:20 PM »
Lakai is doing great things with shoes.  Their new products are looking so skate-able.

Skating some all black Owens right now.  For people asking they were great, nice grippy rubber and plenty of tread left!  I wish they would make an armored slip on with a rubber toe cap or thin rubber ollie/flick protection because of how nice they felt. 

Now at the end of their life the cheap insoles are getting to my feet, the suede is finally getting a butthole, and they have stretched a bit but no complaints.  This is a suede one piece slip on we're talking about not some engineered super shoe, comfort has always been priority to functionality, but these have max comfort and a little more function.  And they're not nikes ;D

I noticed the pinky toe side of my foot was getting crampy from flexing for stability, I could see how ankle rolls might happen.  All in all, a great chiller shoe to do some wall-rides and simple tricks, but like all slip on's it's not the most stable. 
On my first few sessions with these same ones, black/black. I agree with you on most of this except so far they feel just like a normal skate shoe, they're really great! I'm usually wearing about skating slip-ons but they really just feel like any other shoe. Only con to them would be when your board smacks the top of your foot, but what do you expect from a slip.

Uinta High

• Rep: 99
« Reply #591 on: March 21, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »
Been skating the canvas Camby Mid and they are excellent. Great comfort and a nice look. They aren't as high as traditional mid top shoes, they hit sort of below the part of your ankle that sticks out similar to the older Lakai Marc model.Will definitely grab another pair when these are done.

nylin

« Reply #592 on: March 21, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »

Actually there is a black owen with a toecap coming out sometime this year. It was in one of the Lakai catalogs some posted in the shoe releases thread.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #593 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Actually there is a black owen with a toecap coming out sometime this year. It was in one of the Lakai catalogs some posted in the shoe releases thread.
yep, fall release, 2nd delivery, so september probably

http://lakai.com/catalogs/15FA%2F15FA_mainline_full.pdf

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #594 on: March 22, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »
those Griffin XLK's look like a certain purchase

Uinta High

• Rep: 99
« Reply #595 on: March 22, 2015, 03:39:35 PM »
http://lakai.com/catalogs/15FA%2F15FA_mainline_full.pdf

Front to back probably the nicest catalog of shoes Lakai has ever offered. The Griffin XLK, MJ Mid, new Pico colorways, it all looks great.

pootysnacks

• Rep: -8
  • HI
    • SATANSWEINER avatar image
« Reply #596 on: March 22, 2015, 04:00:41 PM »
navy/gum griffin xlks very nice

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #597 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
Just throwing it out there to all you Lakai lovers -

I've got a brand new pair of wine colored MJ's, size 9.  They don't fit me too great. 

I'd love to get rid of them.  PM me if interested.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #598 on: March 27, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »
if anyone at lakai is reading this, USE LESS CANVAS. all suede is where its at.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #599 on: March 28, 2015, 07:34:44 AM »
What is the release date for the Griffin XLK? Definitely getting both the white suede and Isle collab.

That entire drop looks great.