Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126618 times)

HASHTAG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »
I got myself a pair of the Owen. Never skated a slip-on. Could skate them right away, no breaking them in or anything. I didn't skate in them for more than a few days because I realized I wasn't a fan of slip ons. It feels weird looking down and not having laces or anything.

#HASHTAG

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
I got myself a pair of the Owen. Never skated a slip-on. Could skate them right away, no breaking them in or anything. I didn't skate in them for more than a few days because I realized I wasn't a fan of slip ons. It feels weird looking down and not having laces or anything.

how do they fit? Are they really snug or do they slip around a bit because theres no laces?

dillanharp

« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »
Has anyone had any luck contacting Lakai about a defective pair of shoes?

I had a problem with a pair of Carlo's where the pad in the heel kept moving around, like it wasn't glued to the insole. Contacted them, they got my info and address and everything, then nothing. Ended up tearing the things out and throwing some Dr. schools in. I haven't bought a pair of Lakais since.

HASHTAG

« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2015, 01:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
how do they fit? Are they really snug or do they slip around a bit because theres no laces?

They're very snug, I'd say. I like the fit way more on the Owen over the Vans Slip-On.
#HASHTAG

Randozzi

« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Owens fit a half size big, normally skate 9.5 but the 9s fit perfect.
Really like the pair i had. First pair of slip-ons and i dug 'em.
But, as other said they are thin.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #635 on: April 23, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Anyone try the Fura or Parker?

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #636 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:53 PM »
just a word of advice for the Griffins, buy a half size up they run small.
anyone find manchesters cheap online? all the ones I've seen are from the old factory in china and I'm worried they're going to be defective like they were 4 years ago

IHOP

« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
Anyone try the Fura or Parker?

Just skated two pairs of the jon sciano anchor Fura, really enjoyed em.  if you're tough on shoes then shoe-goo the stitching around the ollie part because if that comes apart it makes a gap between the toe cap/tongue and the sidewall and makes the fit of the shoe feel terrible.

I skated a pair of the olive furas when they first introduced the shoe and i didn't like them, the sole felt too heavy and the suedes stretched out too much.  With every new drop of a shoes i can see small improvements in quality.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #638 on: April 25, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone had any luck contacting Lakai about a defective pair of shoes?
[close]

I had a problem with a pair of Carlo's where the pad in the heel kept moving around, like it wasn't glued to the insole. Contacted them, they got my info and address and everything, then nothing. Ended up tearing the things out and throwing some Dr. schools in. I haven't bought a pair of Lakais since.
Emailed them Thursday night, they got back to me within 24 hours and are sending me two pairs of shoes for the inconvenience.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #639 on: April 27, 2015, 06:26:33 AM »
The owens are some of the best shoes i've skated. I mean, i've only skated them for about 6-8 hours so far but they still look untouched. awesome!

Randozzi

« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2015, 03:37:25 PM »

BMCsteve

« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »
Fall catalog.
http://lakai.com/catalogs/15FA%2F15FA_mainline_full.pdf

The Riley pro models look really nice.  There are a lot of tasteful details

Randozzi

« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »
Agreed, at first i wasn't too keen on it but the more i look at it the more i like it.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
I know people were stoked on the Lakai X DQM Owens, so here's a link to order them from Uprise in Chicago if you can't get them at your local shop: http://www.upriseskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=2&PID=11572

I think you get free shipping if you spend more than $75.  These are slightly under that, but maybe with tax you can still get it?

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
Diggin' the Halen.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

BMCsteve

« Reply #645 on: May 01, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »
Probably going to snag a pair of these once they're out

goldman

« Reply #646 on: May 01, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »
griffin mids. all black colorway needs to come out.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #647 on: May 23, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »
Might buy a pair of Owens off of a friend, but when I went to put them on they looked reeeeeaaaally round on my feet. Don't know why I'm sharing this... just thought it was sort of weird how rounded the toe seemed on them.

Randozzi

« Reply #648 on: May 23, 2015, 09:43:09 PM »
Mine weren't rounded, maybe skate them for a little?

Skating the Pacer right now, like them. The XLK is the shit.

Vx Vision

• Rep: -6
« Reply #649 on: May 23, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »
Might buy a pair of Owens off of a friend, but when I went to put them on they looked reeeeeaaaally round on my feet. Don't know why I'm sharing this... just thought it was sort of weird how rounded the toe seemed on them.

i had my owens a couple weeks before actually skating them and they did break down into a more round shape from walking, but it doesnt take away from skating in them at all

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #650 on: May 24, 2015, 09:13:02 AM »
Those SD Riley's are buttery

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #651 on: July 01, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
I'm a little over vulc shoes and sold to cupsoles so now i'm curious about the new xlk shoes they have to come this year, expecialy the "pacer" and the "griffin xlk"!
This and and the new Es with the runner toe are the shoes i wait the most this year.

The all black colorway is a instant buy!
Such a dope shoe.

Randozzi

« Reply #652 on: July 03, 2015, 09:11:45 PM »
Got the XLK Griffens/Isle, can't wait to skate them, they feel good.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #653 on: August 04, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »
Probably going to snag a pair of these once they're out

Just tried these on today, fit was nice and comfy, with a wide rounded toebox. minimal padding all around.

The major Drawback is the eyelet row...how many ollies/flips will it take to completely rip off the front of it? Terrible design for the way I skate, that area is is always the first to go for me (and right where I rip laces); they should have tucked it under the toecap.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:24:07 PM by Xen »

julientailbash

« Reply #654 on: August 04, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
Griffin Xlks are so good. Way lighter and more comfortable than the vulcs, and even felt more skateable right out of the box.

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #655 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »
I always thought the name Lakai blew donkey balls.  The colorways can be all over the place.  There isn't an centralized theme or vision. Not a fan of the stupid flare.  Just made an aesthetic appealing shoe.  Do some research like a real company.  Instead of asking stupid bros you what you think of this design. Make a shoe without the dumb flare and get real opinions on it.  I don't wanna wear this as very low like boat shoes... with garbage soles.  Fuck skater owned you fucks use to guilt trip the consumer.  Fuck you.  Skater owned means shit why you think Chris cole wears a stupid Monster wrist banned?  Cuz you can't pay a fair wage because you cheapos hired idiots and are incompetent.  The shoe biz isn't anything like owning a skateboard company.  Time to rethink your strategy.

Skaters shouldn't be running shoe companies anyway. The lot of you fools believe in conspiracy theories.  Making shoes is an entirely different beast that requires a lot of resources.  Look up Peter principle...  A skateboarder with limited education doesn't mesh well with running a shoe biz.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #656 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »
*waves at adidas employee*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #657 on: August 05, 2015, 12:28:25 AM »
just tried these on, and goddamn those feel amazing.
didnt expect to like them at first sight, but once i had tried them on i was convinced.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #658 on: August 05, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
just tried these on, and goddamn those feel amazing.
didnt expect to like them at first sight, but once i had tried them on i was convinced.

Proper design: eyelet row is neatly tucked under the toecap; hell even Benson calls it out in the video on the hawk shoe.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #659 on: August 05, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
I always thought the name Lakai blew donkey balls.  The colorways can be all over the place.  There isn't an centralized theme or vision. Not a fan of the stupid flare.  Just made an aesthetic appealing shoe.  Do some research like a real company.  Instead of asking stupid bros you what you think of this design. Make a shoe without the dumb flare and get real opinions on it.  I don't wanna wear this as very low like boat shoes... with garbage soles.  Fuck skater owned you fucks use to guilt trip the consumer.  Fuck you.  Skater owned means shit why you think Chris cole wears a stupid Monster wrist banned?  Cuz you can't pay a fair wage because you cheapos hired idiots and are incompetent.  The shoe biz isn't anything like owning a skateboard company.  Time to rethink your strategy.

Skaters shouldn't be running shoe companies anyway. The lot of you fools believe in conspiracy theories.  Making shoes is an entirely different beast that requires a lot of resources.  Look up Peter principle...  A skateboarder with limited education doesn't mesh well with running a shoe biz.

POPS SIGHTING ON SLAP!!!!