Author Topic: Emerica containment thread  (Read 49401 times)

augustmoon, GenericSlapUser and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Emerica containment thread
« Reply #780 on: May 06, 2024, 09:32:14 PM »
I heard on a review video by a shop that besides the Templetons, we might also get the Jaime Thomas Emericas. Is that true? Also, those in the know, what colorways of the Templeton are coming out, so far I only saw a picture of a navy/white colorway.
well his shoe ended up being the phocus but their modern interpretation of it (that lasted what, one season?) looks nothing like the OG...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #781 on: Today at 06:06:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I heard on a review video by a shop that besides the Templetons, we might also get the Jaime Thomas Emericas. Is that true? Also, those in the know, what colorways of the Templeton are coming out, so far I only saw a picture of a navy/white colorway.
[close]
well his shoe ended up being the phocus but their modern interpretation of it (that lasted what, one season?) looks nothing like the OG...
a few years ago, there was an emerica catalog that had a very 1:1 slightly modernized reissue of the JT emerica shoe but then it never came out (and it wasn't the phocus). I would love an accurate reissue of the JT. The reason I prefer the templeton 2 over the 1 is because at the time the 1 was out, i was skating the JTs instead.

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #782 on: Today at 06:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
a few years ago, there was an emerica catalog that had a very 1:1 slightly modernized reissue of the JT emerica shoe but then it never came out (and it wasn't the phocus). I would love an accurate reissue of the JT. The reason I prefer the templeton 2 over the 1 is because at the time the 1 was out, i was skating the JTs instead.

whats the shoe called?
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
« Reply #783 on: Today at 06:23:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

whats the shoe called?

it was supposed to be called the centry but was never released. not a 100% true to the og reissue, it was a little slimmer (although had they made it a "1:1" it would be puffier than the og for sure, that's what they usually do at sole tech)

i'm not 100% sure about that but i think it was JT who deaded em and they switched it up a little and released it as the dissent. again i might have made that up or something but it's jamie so i believe myself

this is the dissent for reference, decent looking shoe if you ask me, wonder why they stopped making it

nah i know why, it didn't sell, but i don't believe that The Low Vulc sells or any of their shoes for that matter
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #784 on: Today at 06:59:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
okay, yeah my bad, the focus was supposed to be Jamie’s second shoe and then he bounced and they called it the focus, he took the design with him to Adio too but they couldn’t pull it off as well as emerica did. The modern day focus was abysmal though.
Oh, and yes I remember that centry shoe when the photos leaked; very close to his first shoe indeed.

DanRar009

• Rep: 53
« Reply #785 on: Today at 12:16:06 PM »
Maybe I’m the only one who thinks this but in all honesty I wish soletech, emerica specifically, since I skate those the most would just focus on making good looking modern shoes instead of getting into the reissue game. I know people are hyped about the templeton reissue but is anyone going to actually skate that shoe? Let alone blow through a pair and buy another ? I personally don’t think so. If I had things my way I’d like to see product from about a decade ago when we got the westgate g6 and the Herman g6. Those were both very good shoes and stood out from stuff that was being produced at the time. As long as emerica has a different designer than whoever the fuck come up with the phocus g6 I think we’d get some really good looking and skateable shoes out of them. But who knows maybe I’m completely wrong and reissues are what would save them…

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #786 on: Today at 02:57:35 PM »
I will skate the templetons (and buy another pair of I like them)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #787 on: Today at 02:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

whats the shoe called?
[close]

it was supposed to be called the centry but was never released. not a 100% true to the og reissue, it was a little slimmer (although had they made it a "1:1" it would be puffier than the og for sure, that's what they usually do at sole tech)

i'm not 100% sure about that but i think it was JT who deaded em and they switched it up a little and released it as the dissent. again i might have made that up or something but it's jamie so i believe myself

this is the dissent for reference, decent looking shoe if you ask me, wonder why they stopped making it

nah i know why, it didn't sell, but i don't believe that The Low Vulc sells or any of their shoes for that matter

Close, but the Dissent was supposed to be a Westgate G6
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this