Author Topic: Baker shape with more square nose/tail?  (Read 1609 times)

switchfrontshuv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
Baker shape with more square nose/tail?
« on: July 15, 2021, 02:47:49 PM »
Hey so currently Ive been skating a lot of studio decks (control wood) and they are seriously so good, but the only thing is their nose/tail is slightly too steep for the setup im tryna perfect.

Are there any control/clutch/BBS decks out there that are similar to baker decks without the disgustingly pointy nose and tail? im asking cuz I ride 55mm wheels on thunder 149s with 1/8 risers and looking for an 8.1ish mellow deck to even out the manual point and shit

Thankfully studio decks work cuz they still have a couple fingers of flat but like I said if anyone has any suggestions feel free to lemme know.

I was very interested in the REAL mason shape (8.28X31.7?X14.12wb) but idk everything made by BBS is so expensive right now and being a canadian brand, studio decks are cheaper and last me longer than BBS decks (control wood feels thicker and heavier/sturdier so they dont sog out or chip or even crack) I heard clutch wood is very similar and some have recommended 5boro/politic decks but those seem quite steep as well

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
Re: Baker shape with more square nose/tail?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 03:32:04 PM »
I had good luck with their B2 shape. Maybe try that in something your size. Their B2 8.25x32.25 is perfect for me.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 12:33:15 AM »
I had good luck with their B2 shape. Maybe try that in something your size. Their B2 8.25x32.25 is perfect for me.

ive actually tried the 8.38 B2! I gave it to a homie a while ago but it was solid. the kicks were basically comparable to the studio I have (or this super steep frog I had a while ago). I did really like the deck on aces since the WB was like 14.38 and the overall length was 32 (I think 6.6in tail 7in nose and 32in long even tho it was listed as 32.25)

But ya I think imma just try to find a "mellow concave/mellow kick" dwindle R7 deck cuz theyre relatively cheap and about as good as control wood (darkstar, blind) even tho that shape is super rare for some reason

usually always steep kicks :(

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1005
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 08:10:36 AM »
The Baker B2 is not squared like the moniker would lead you to believe. Don't buy it thinking you are getting a FA/WKND/AWS/QUASI shape. It's just a bit more full/not pointy like regular baker boards.

It is a good shape tho!

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 08:27:59 AM »
I did the 8.38 B2 and loved it as well. Yeah Xen is right, not as blocky but most def not pointy.

I did skate the regular Baker 8.38 a few years ago and loved it.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 02:05:05 PM »
My best friend swears by B2, probably your best shot baker related
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 02:47:25 PM »
I did the 8.38 B2 and loved it as well. Yeah Xen is right, not as blocky but most def not pointy.

I did skate the regular Baker 8.38 a few years ago and loved it.

2018-2020 I mostly skated the B2 shape on Birdhouse, DW and Baker boards.
Personally I wanted that pointyness but the B2 was pretty much as FUBAR described. In 8.125 and 8 I was really happy with the shape - and wood ofc.

More recently I had a UK shop board that purported to be the exact same shape/ press as B2 boards. It’s not heavily skated but looking at it compared to the other brands it has even more of a rounded nose and less pointyness in the tail.