Author Topic: yhmy mistakes local kids for kerry getz!  (Read 11584 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: yhmy mistakes local kids for kerry getz!
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2006, 05:07:25 AM »
I never got the beat down but I lived in Australia in High School and over there the bogans were the ones to watch out for. At least once a week they would drive past and yell "skate or die" out the side of their muscle car and then the chase was on. Me and my friends would all take off in different directions instinctively. It was straight forest gump style.

liquid swords

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 09:20:36 AM »
holy shit, a lot of you are gotdamn pussies

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:47 AM »
We can't all be shaolin monks.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sacred Smoke

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2006, 10:04:42 AM »
All these stories are entertaining. I'm living for this shit. But theres one thing I cant help but wonder....when those jock motherfucks came after you guys (speaking to the old school dudes here), why didnt you just lay into their ugly grills with your board? That shit is a good weapon.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006, 10:08:07 AM »
All these stories are entertaining. I'm living for this shit. But theres one thing I cant help but wonder....when those jock motherfucks came after you guys (speaking to the old school dudes here), why didnt you just lay into their ugly grills with your board? That shit is a good weapon.

Well it depended on the conflict, sometimes I would swing my board at them, other times when I was vastly out numbered I would run. The worst was getting full beer cans thrown out of car windows at you.

Sacred Smoke

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 10:13:10 AM »
^^^ Yeah thats fair enough. Being outnumbered is not a good feeling at all. I probably should have seen that one coming before i posted eh. Oh well. I've never experienced that kind of hate towards skaters, thats all. Sure, I get the strange looks at bars and shit, but i've never really been thrashed because of it. gotta give the mad respect to you guys.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The worst was getting full beer cans thrown out of car windows at you.
Why? I mean, it's free beer

fuckingvegan

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 10:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The worst was getting full beer cans thrown out of car windows at you.
[close]
Why? I mean, it's free beer

They would explode on impact

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »
Well when you're about 14-17 skating with maybe 8 if that other skaters and a mod of Casuals come by and beat the shit out of you, there's maybe 15-20 of them, they're all about 16-22 and just looking for fights there's really not much you can do, run the fuck away and hope they don't get you, throw you're board in a bush/roof/ where ever so they don't hit you with it, i mean to be honest if you're skating and someone runs up, punches you in the back of the head by the time you turn round someone else it hitting you, all your friends are getting kicked to fuck, everywhere you look is just your friends getting battered on mass, basically there's fuck all you can do

However now i'm older it's different, you can tell what's about to go down, i guess sixth sense from getting kickings, you know when shits about to happen and weather you can handle it or not, the guy starting the fight might look the hardest but he's probably not, it's his mate that not saying fuck all, the cocky shit who starts the fight normally runs off as soon as he gets hit, then his mates wade in, then the cocky dude comes back to kick you in the head and shout some crap about not fucking his him

But if you hammer the first guy HARD as fuck, the metality of fighting changes, you stop being the victim and start being the agressor, once you do that, the guy's attacking realise this is an actual fight not just beating the shit out of someone like they though.

I've been punched about, then smacked someone, the guy burst into tears and started begging me not to hit him, with all this shit about he didn't start the fight - seriously if you punch someone in the face you start a fight, but then his mates all shit themselves cas the "leaders" crying and freaking out, i seriosuly didn't know what the fuck was going on, but they fucked off, then came back and wanted to fight, then when the scraping really started he started crying again, just fucked up, when wee minks realise you're not scared to fight 10 against 4 they fucking freak out and you've won mentally, then all you have to do it "chase" them about 20 foot and they;re gone

I've been kicked to fuck plenty, but belive me if i can scrap my way out of it i will, i'm over getting the shit beaten out of me by groups of ferial youth
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Sacred Smoke

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 10:28:06 AM »
 You are one of the best people around here. always got some entertaining shit to say, not to mention the good advice. I'd just like to say peace to you, donnie.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 10:30:13 AM »
You are one of the best people around here. always got some entertaining shit to say, not to mention the good advice. I'd just like to say peace to you, donnie.

HA - Cheers boss, just over beatings over nothing, just remember first punch wins pretty much, no dilly-dallying, just get in there before someone (who obvisouly want so hit you) hits you hahahah

fumblebag

• Rep: -2
  • Gesundheit
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 10:36:16 AM »
Yeah, Donnie's got good stories.

I started skating in '97, when I was about to turn 12.  In Mississippi.  With long hair.  And a slight Canadian accent.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Never got the shit kicked out of me, but I've been chased plenty of times by REAL rednecks, they're of a bit different breed there than in Northern California.

I can relate to you grown-ass men.

It's way different here in California than it was then/there, though... since everybody skates here, everybody is vibing everyone.  There's still a little comraderie here, like in SF and Santa Rosa, but it's fleeting.  There, if you skated, you were down, you know?.  It was very rare to find someone who skated (much like the 80's I'm sure), so when you did you just became friends with them.
p.s. i do that in the bath sometimes. its fun to do it when you have a woody allen. when you open your legs up, your stick goes straight up, as if it wants to go to heaven.  - quote from guess who.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 11:16:23 AM »
Well with my run for your life experience the guys doing the yelling were in cars (have to be at least 17) and the skaters were all not old enough to drive (15-16). Then you also have to add the fact that cars are expensive in australia and usually most people dont get them till after high school and once they start working. So basically you have a car of grown ass men yelling at you and threatening a beat down. Also, I was tiny in high school, weighed 135 when I graduated. I grew late. And lastly, I don't like to fight. I don't see why I should have to fight these assholes an ruin my day just because they think it would be fun. Fuck that, I used to run my ass off and I have no regrets about that.

These days I would honestly probably do the same. I frequently just go to my car and leave the free outdoor parks when I see sketchy ass people show up. Most are in the hood and so you never know how crazy these people are. I drive a decent car and I live in Houston now and people get shot everyday over dumb shit. I got nothing to prove to anyone so I usually just split out to the next spot and burn one on the way. Maybe I'm a pussy but I can live with that.

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 11:24:45 AM »
wow  i have never been anywhere close to getting a beating for skateboarding. the only people i have to run from is the cops
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 11:25:35 AM »
HA - no seriously don't get me wrong, i'm not a fighter i hate fighting, but i've over getting shit from little kids, who shit themselves when they realise they are actually about to get into a fight with a "man" not another 17-20 year old, also i'm over the punch in the side of the head for caring a skateboard, now i punch people back, i'm just over the "being bullied for skating" shit

Believe me running away and skateboarding have both played a part together since i was about 13 hahaha

But fuck getting threated by little shits, if you let them off with it, they'll just keep doing it, a quick smack in the chops normally gets the "youth" to think about what they're doing

"Ohh we started a fight and got kicked to fuck - why did they kick us in ? - ohh wait, wee Mark was shouting about fighting, then we were getting kicked to fuck and didn't like it, hmmmm - let's not do that again, next time lets just get some pot from them and chill. . . "

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006, 11:34:08 AM »
I had more problems with getting made fun of than being physically beaten up.  I think it had a lot to do with the kids that I hung out with were always a hell of a lot bigger and older than the kids I might have had problems with.  Sure there was the rare occasion with kids threatening me and such, but it never seemed to escalate into anything violent.  But maybe that's just from growing up in the homogenized suburbs.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »
I had more problems with getting made fun of than being physically beaten up.  I think it had a lot to do with the kids that I hung out with were always a hell of a lot bigger and older than the kids I might have had problems with.  Sure there was the rare occasion with kids threatening me and such, but it never seemed to escalate into anything violent.  But maybe that's just from growing up in the homogenized suburbs.

I grew up in my small town Ohio where high school football ruled (they stoped the bus to school program so they could have money for the turf football field), I also was really poor grew up on the "wrong side of the tracks" so adding skateboarding and punk rock to the mix and it was like gasoline.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2006, 12:31:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
veganskater has a point, kids today don't realize that in the past it wasn't cool to be a skater.... when it wasn't all "viva le bam" and good charlotte, it was beefy dudes yelling "skate or die" and "get some pants that fit faggot" like most skaters i've been shot a few times and was once stabbed in the throat.
[close]

damn...for real?
[close]

THIS........IS THE PERFECT REPLY.

THIS IS SKATEBOARDING.

Blackacre

• Rep: 2
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »
Winning a fight against dumb fucks that started shit with you isn't always winning.  If the cops come round and the other guy is the one bleeding you will almost certainly end up the one arrested.  Then that pussy fuck will very likely sue you for his medical bills.  Most cops wont take a skateboarders word over a bleeding fuck in a golf shirt.  Choose your fights.
our people are poor, and you know damn well nobody wants to be poor

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »
just roll with large black dudes
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2006, 02:37:46 PM »
Winning a fight against dumb fucks that started shit with you isn't always winning.  If the cops come round and the other guy is the one bleeding you will almost certainly end up the one arrested.  Then that pussy fuck will very likely sue you for his medical bills.  Most cops wont take a skateboarders word over a bleeding fuck in a golf shirt.  Choose your fights.

Don't really have to worry abotu that in the UK, seriosuly the cops here couldn't give a fuck, you could be murdering someone in the street and as long as your not fucking with some rich oil fuck, they don't really care, i know this, i've stopped cop van to get them to help stop fight, they just give you a dirty look and suddenly there "shift" is coming to an end - such bullshit it's totally outragous

The cops that would do anything are normally trying to sort out the mini-wars happening in shitty areas - mostly Dyce/Mastric/Northfield or "mini Beruit" as it's known

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »
Donnie, thanks for that advice. I havent been attacked yet, but I have had tons of shit thrown at me from cars, but my tales dont compare to yours
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2006, 03:06:13 PM »
HAHAHHAA, man serisouly it's so funny i could rant about getting batterd for litteraly days on end, and i've got shit loads of wee scares from getting bunch or hit with shit over the years, the gnarlest thing was walking up a street turning to speak to a mate, then thinking i'd just been punched and laid out with on punch, then all this screaming, some dude bottled me on the side of the head and laid me out in a oner, broke my cheap bone and fractured my jaw, he ran off, then this pub i was about to walk past suddenly had million of football casual running out throwing bottle at everyone and just battering the shit out of everyone in the street it was fucking gnarly.

The i went to the cops that night and they litteraly did nothing about it, like not even a report or anything, so once i was in casulty getting my head checked out, the nurse is going "have you reported this, you need to" so i told her about the cops "helping" she was totally outraged, called the police in next day, heads swollend to fuck, face left side of the head like a balloon, a "police reports team" come round, bust the cops who did nothing, sort out all this shit for me, and i get a cheque for like £2000 for getting bottled, then i have to get all this surgery to sort my head out hahaha

My jaw clicks like a bastard and locks now and then, but i was lucky i got about a 5mm scare from it all, it was funny at the time, i was like "shit that was fucking hard punch - there's not fucking way i'm fighting this guy" everyone else is running about screaming and i have to calm all my mates down - classic

I also got kick to fuck my a bunch of "raggas" in a nightclub, then when i went to punch one of them the bouncer threw me out for "starting a race fight" whihc was funny, one white guy getting hammered to fuck by 7 black dudes, classic, i got 2 black eye's for that just in time for photo op's for my chick 21st, no, no one was impressed my that and i basically had to hide in every photo hahaha.

But man there should be a "what was the worst battering you had" topic, getting bottled wasn't even that bad compared to some of the shit that's happend hahahaha

mikefork

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »
HAHAHHAA, man serisouly it's so funny i could rant about getting batterd for litteraly days on end, and i've got shit loads of wee scares from getting bunch or hit with shit over the years, the gnarlest thing was walking up a street turning to speak to a mate, then thinking i'd just been punched and laid out with on punch

My jaw clicks like a bastard and locks now and then
damn the same thing happened to me when i was twelve/thirteen. i was in the hood skating some three stair i sat down and some guy just walks up and punches me in the face and since then i have been able to crack my jaw on both sides but the first few months of the jaw thing hurt like hell

NJPhila215

• Rep: 0
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 06:12:13 PM »
kids back in the day got their asses beat for boards .... they never complained to the news or whatever. Fuckin pussy's ... deal w/ it. That life. It suck though ... but whatever.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2006, 07:27:14 AM »
hey-man,its-what-mcdonalds-and-mtv-has-done-to-the-next-generation-of-youth.

i-gotta-duck-this-case-for-a-bit-so-i-wont-be-posting-here-for-a-while.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2006, 09:17:04 AM »
if-only-that-was-true-

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »
yeah-you'd-probably-jerk-off-over-it-ya-fuckin-deuchebag

fuckingvegan

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2006, 12:22:05 PM »
yes-I-would-and-think-of-you-big-boy

56InchFlatScreen

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 12:27:13 PM »
I THINK TOM CRUISE IS A FUCKING FAG !