Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 185947 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1140 on: November 04, 2022, 04:32:06 PM »
That looks like a vulc to me. No idea what they’re gonna call the Chris Millic model but I figured VM = vulc model and CM = cupsole model.

jimmy legs

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1141 on: November 04, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »
so the cm001 is the cupsole
and also coded cm001 as the milic shoe?

No, I think that person got confused because they mentioned both shoes. That Chris Milic shoe looks to be vulcanized and like it was said in the video basically the VM001 with a t-toe. The CM001 was posted a few pages back and looks like this...

New look at the cupsole

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1142 on: November 04, 2022, 06:59:42 PM »
sorry to do this but - sizing on vm003 suede compared to canvas? size down, tts, etc

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #1143 on: November 04, 2022, 07:26:18 PM »
i really hope the cm001 is released in that gray color and not just the frog green. love the GAT look
my fault here, i assumed cm meant chris millic.

Some dude

• Rep: -41
« Reply #1144 on: November 04, 2022, 07:43:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Photos of the CM001 from the Pocket Skate Mag bts video

[close]

These Vans Authentics look sick!
[close]

Huh?

YoU dOnt sEE HoW tHEse tWo shOes lOoK thE sAme??

they do kinda remind me of these…

« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 07:59:00 PM by Some dude »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1145 on: November 04, 2022, 07:50:19 PM »
Some people see a vulcanized sole and it immediately blinds them to any details in the uppers.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
« Reply #1146 on: November 05, 2022, 09:55:40 AM »
Still hoping they remake those og ones. Pref on the cupsole

I was glad to see them acknowledge the short toebox on these shoes, because I tried a pair it was like having my feet bound, and I had to quit mid-session because my feet were going numb. My friend who loves Last Resort kept insisting that I wasn't somehow wrong or not giving them enough time, so I am vindicated.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1147 on: November 05, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »
Ordered some VM003 cheddar in size 12 that are too big.  I’m a true 12 guy and should’ve read more and sized down.

Cannot return.  Any size 12.5/13 type dudes on here want ‘em?  I paid 50-something on sale.  Willing to do real cheap+shipping if anyone wants them.

Edit: cheddar colorway

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1135
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1148 on: November 05, 2022, 05:52:21 PM »
Ordered some VM003 cheddar in size 12 that are too big.  I’m a true 12 guy and should’ve read more and sized down.

Cannot return.  Any size 12.5/13 type dudes on here want ‘em?  I paid 50-something on sale.  Willing to do real cheap+shipping if anyone wants them.

Edit: cheddar colorway

PM'd

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1149 on: November 11, 2022, 02:54:58 PM »

CM001 spotted in white, the back of the shoe looks like the Stan Smith's

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1150 on: November 11, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »
For the VM001 suede is the consensus still 1/2 size down like Cons? I had a pair when they first came out and remember them still being really loose and I had to crank the laces.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #1151 on: November 11, 2022, 05:38:23 PM »
@LebowskisRug i have half sized down with multiple pairs of vm001s and a pair of 002s and the sizing has been perfect. some crazy folk will say tts for suede but I wouldn’t do it imo

Edit: if you went down 1/2 size before and they were already loose - then I’d personally probably go a full size down but that’s just me

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1135
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1152 on: November 11, 2022, 06:45:46 PM »
For the VM001 suede is the consensus still 1/2 size down like Cons? I had a pair when they first came out and remember them still being really loose and I had to crank the laces.

Yup. Same as @Huell Howser said. Whatever your cons sizing is should be pretty safe

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1153 on: November 11, 2022, 07:25:26 PM »
Are the improvements in Drop 8, more specifically the sole, much better and noticable compared to the previous drops?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1154 on: November 11, 2022, 09:06:32 PM »
Piggybacking on that question- how do you know if you're getting an improved shoe? Especially if your local doesn't carry them?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1155 on: November 11, 2022, 09:37:46 PM »

Hopefully it's just the shorts,pads, socks combo that's hard to make anything look good but something about these doesn't look quite right. Like theyre too tall or something. Not a tight upper like the vulcs.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #1156 on: November 11, 2022, 09:51:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hopefully it's just the shorts,pads, socks combo that's hard to make anything look good but something about these doesn't look quite right. Like theyre too tall or something. Not a tight upper like the vulcs.

I think it’s the way it’s cut by the ankles and the socks accentuate it. The back does look a bit tall but again I think it’s more so the collar is cut low.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #1157 on: November 11, 2022, 09:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Photos of the CM001 from the Pocket Skate Mag bts video

[close]

These Vans Authentics look sick!
[close]

Huh?
[close]

YoU dOnt sEE HoW tHEse tWo shOes lOoK thE sAme??

they do kinda remind me of these…

I see Ice creams .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1158 on: November 12, 2022, 12:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I think it’s the way it’s cut by the ankles and the socks accentuate it. The back does look a bit tall but again I think it’s more so the collar is cut low.
they look very orthopedic but ill wait to see em in person
the on foot test proved me wrong for the 002s and 003s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
« Reply #1159 on: November 12, 2022, 03:39:45 AM »
Piggybacking on that question- how do you know if you're getting an improved shoe? Especially if your local doesn't carry them?

didn’t they change the insole too? that could be a way to tell them apart. keen has D8 written next to the shoe model on their b2b website if it’s from that drop but i didn’t see any visual differences and we don’t have any shoes from that delivery in the shop yet.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1160 on: November 12, 2022, 05:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

didn’t they change the insole too? that could be a way to tell them apart. keen has D8 written next to the shoe model on their b2b website if it’s from that drop but i didn’t see any visual differences and we don’t have any shoes from that delivery in the shop yet.

I recently got a pair of the VM001 hi and I was able to easily remove the insoles. They definitely put less glue at the bottom of them. That was probably the most notable difference from previous last resorts I had.

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2022, 12:17:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I recently got a pair of the VM001 hi and I was able to easily remove the insoles. They definitely put less glue at the bottom of them. That was probably the most notable difference from previous last resorts I had.

On the inside around the arch area they have the drop number printed. The first few had a date but the later ones say “Drop x”. When I get my local to order a pair in for me I just make sure to get a new colour way so I know that I’m not getting old stock.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1162 on: November 14, 2022, 12:08:28 PM »
The white CM001’s do like kind of orthopedic there, and the black ones look a bit like generic ‘fancy’ sneakers like Cole Haan or whoever would make. In the on-foot picture from Ludvig, it looks like your foot sits pretty high on the sole, like on the brick-like sole on the Cons Pro Leather. I’m talking a lot of shit, but if they’re comfortable and fit me well, I will still definitely buy them. Prayers up for a cushioned/foam midsole, and not just crating and an insole.

tray

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1163 on: November 14, 2022, 12:46:31 PM »

I skated a pair of vm002's and I had to get them a full size down. Something to consider. Not sure how different it would be for the 001's.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1164 on: November 14, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I skated a pair of vm002's and I had to get them a full size down. Something to consider. Not sure how different it would be for the 001's.

I have the vm001 and vm002. The 1s fit perfect, but the 2s are loose and feel pretty floppy.

switchfakie

« Reply #1165 on: November 14, 2022, 02:42:49 PM »
does anybody else think these shoes just look like overpriced walmart shoes?

i cant justify them

a lotta people saying theyre the pinnacle of simplicity, but i just dont see it

the wavy stitching just looks stupid to me

the shoe also looks like it only fits a narrow foot well

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 313
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1166 on: November 14, 2022, 02:47:41 PM »
i went half size down in suede vm001s and they feel pretty good to me for chillers. comfortable with some very slight heel slippage. i think i could go full size down for skating. for anyone interested in last resort ab, try them on in-person, if possible, to find what works best for you

ProfessorJSS

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1167 on: November 14, 2022, 05:15:57 PM »
I’ve got a 9.5 in the dancer collab vm003 low white I’m looking to sell. No box but brand new and unworn. I ordered them before learning I’m a size 10 in this shoe.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1168 on: November 14, 2022, 07:45:11 PM »
does anybody else think these shoes just look like overpriced walmart shoes?

i cant justify them

a lotta people saying theyre the pinnacle of simplicity, but i just dont see it

the wavy stitching just looks stupid to me

the shoe also looks like it only fits a narrow foot well
he took quite a bit of influence from keds so you're not entirely wrong. to me, they remind me of dukes (minus) the cupsole; sure the look of them is very simple but the little tweaks and quality are apparent when you see them in person/ try them on. I'm not sure about the models with no padding around the collar, but many our vouching for those ones too. I have wide feet (aka I love NB #420s) and in tts the canvas ones have enough room in the toe box imho, I think the skinnyness of them is an optical illusion. Anyway, I'm not skating vulcs anymore but if do, they are worth trying!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1169 on: November 28, 2022, 02:10:40 PM »

Drop 9 releasing on friday. These go hard ngl