Author Topic: austyn of wknd  (Read 84013 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: austyn of wknd
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
How do you screw up allen head? I like them specifically because you can't really strip them.

I heard of people stripping Allen heads... but how?!
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Jacob Gary

« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
How do you screw up allen head? I like them specifically because you can't really strip them.
[close]

You tell me, SLAP user Allen. with an avatar of a head.

Allen. is actually an allen head bolt confirmed.

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
Allen. is actually an allen head bolt confirmed.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »
I always thought allen hardware looked bogus, even though I knew it didn’t strip as easy.
Do any companies make a torx head option? You’d get the best of both worlds; aesthetically pleasing with a lessened strip potential.

If not, someone get that cracking. I give you full use of the idea. Just send your boy a box, preferably in 7/8” with the mini nuts. The best.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

euro tm

« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
i’m a big daniel johnston fan so i hope funeral home happens

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2018, 10:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As you know, the metal alloy used is somewhat soft. Tighten the bolts solely with the allen (or phillips) key and you eventually get stripped heads.

I always thought allen hardware looked bogus, even though I knew it didn’t strip as easy.
Do any companies make a torx head option? You’d get the best of both worlds; aesthetically pleasing with a lessened strip potential.

If not, someone get that cracking. I give you full use of the idea. Just send your boy a box, preferably in 7/8” with the mini nuts. The best.

Someone did, unfortunately it was this guy:

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2018, 12:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As you know, the metal alloy used is somewhat soft. Tighten the bolts solely with the allen (or phillips) key and you eventually get stripped heads.

Expand Quote

[close]

Someone did, unfortunately it was this guy:

That’s not Torx, that’s a combi bolt with both Allen & Phillips. Indy makes those too and they fucking suck. Strip down way too easily. I’d prefer Torx too but all skate tools have a suitable Allen wrench and no one carries a suitable Torx wrench around so it’s gonna be tricky as fuck to popularize Torx as Allen works pretty good anyway.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2018, 02:17:04 AM »
If you hold the bolt head still and tighten the nut it wont strip, regardless of whether it's allen or phillips.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2018, 02:44:12 AM »

Well there are different allen sizes in Europe and most skateboard hardware are US sizes. You have metric and inch versions of allen keys and screws. Not really a problem if the hardware comes with a small allen key, but a pain in the ass when you lose it...

Basically it means they do sell allen keys/screws at the local hardware stores but those fall 'in between' American sizes. That's because the sizing is different here Europe. And that makes the keys slightly too thin or too big which screws up the heads...

Example to illustrate what I mean. These are actual allen sizes:
AMERICAN 7/64" 2.78 mm > EUROPEAN 2.5 mm
AMERICAN 1/8"   3.18 mm > EUROPEAN 3 mm 

See?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2018, 03:24:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well there are different allen sizes in Europe and most skateboard hardware are US sizes. You have metric and inch versions of allen keys and screws. Not really a problem if the hardware comes with a small allen key, but a pain in the ass when you lose it...

Basically it means they do sell allen keys/screws at the local hardware stores but those fall 'in between' American sizes. That's because the sizing is different here Europe. And that makes the keys slightly too thin or too big which screws up the heads...

See?

NO please do explain it again .

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2018, 04:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

See?

[close]

haha :D sorry that I went in a bit too deep.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2018, 04:20:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

See?

[close]

[close]

haha :D sorry that I went in a bit too deep.

Just use a skate tool numb nuts!

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2018, 04:51:25 AM »
I use Allen key only. Back when I first started using them I always misread it to be "Alien key" and, being what I am, conflated it to be Alien Workshop hardware even though I have only ever used Shorty's 7/8" Lites.

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2018, 08:51:29 AM »
heard from a reliable source new company isnt happening anymore and back on WKND

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »
heard from a reliable source new company isnt happening anymore and back on WKND

sucks for jake anderson

micky682

« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sucks for jake anderson

ungzilla

« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2018, 11:34:33 AM »
skate mental to nothing is a horizontal move at worst

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
skate mental to nothing is a horizontal move at worst
This. those guys don't even ride skate mental boards anyways. I'm pretty sure karsten just rides polars and deluxe boards with skate mental stickers.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:01:49 PM by Safariferrari »

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2018, 04:53:35 PM »
I have never owned Allen head hardware in all my years of skating.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I have never owned Allen head hardware in all my years of skating.
[close]
Me too. Can't give up my 2.25 inch  Phillips head hardware with no nylon in the nut. I'm Ace Hardware team OG.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2018, 03:19:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

zero chance he gets back on wknd. austyn wouldn't even entertain the idea.

pretty sure skate mental only pays royalties. jake anderson is not missing out on much there.

get the feeling they'll both end up on hockey.

Where is the euro tm when you need him... could use a little clarification here.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
if you to the swhardflipreport insta Austyn is on their story skating the new Hockey "KOSOVO" deck. he may still be getting on
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
if you to the swhardflipreport insta Austyn is on their story skating the new Hockey "KOSOVO" deck. he may still be getting on

Yes, I too saw this. Bummer for sure. BUT....

Did you see his new shoe he has been teasing? He's wearing them in this clip.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2018, 07:04:15 PM »
The entire Fucking Awesome/Hockey team is in the DMV area, if Austyn was seriously getting on you'd think he'd be there with them.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ManMelt

« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
Dill is so eccentric for using “edgy” words like Kosovo. Civil war, genocide, and ethnic cleansing are the perfect material for a proper board graphic.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »
Dill is so eccentric for using “edgy” words like Kosovo. Civil war, genocide, and ethnic cleansing are the perfect material for a proper board graphic.

Well, he is the bro that had a portrait taken with the Twin Towers on 9/11. He has a nose for good taste.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #326 on: October 19, 2018, 07:30:30 PM »
I’d prefer Torx too but all skate tools have a suitable Allen wrench and no one carries a suitable Torx wrench around so it’s gonna be tricky as fuck to popularize Torx as Allen works pretty good anyway.

I wonder too if there would be some backroom deals to block it from dropping on the market. Longevity would be destructive.

I wonder if there is some dark corner of the interwebs that you could get something fired off from china and sent over in 7/8"
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #327 on: October 19, 2018, 07:39:20 PM »
I wonder if anyone's ever produced sex bolt hardware. It would look nice and clean on the baseplate.

Torx though seems to be the official fastener of jamming an Allen key in there and hoping for the best.

Powell made Rat Nuts back in the 80's.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: October 19, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
I wonder if anyone's ever produced sex bolt hardware. It would look nice and clean on the baseplate.

Torx though seems to be the official fastener of jamming an Allen key in there and hoping for the best.
[close]

Powell made Rat Nuts back in the 80's.

Yeah, Rat Nuts just required you to drill the holes in your deck a little bit bigger so the 'female' portion would lock in.

Thunderbolts were made for a short time, they were a self locking hardware. T-Shape top bolt wedged and locked itself into the deck, only needed a wrench to tighten the nut at the baseplate.

For a really short time (baseless fad) in the late 80s, some people wold actually turn their two front bolts upside down, the idea was the nuts being on the topside of the deck would serve to help catch on ollies.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2018, 02:04:25 PM »
Unless you guys still want to talk Hardware bolts.... He is clearly skating a hockey “Kosovo” board in his insta story today.
( tried to upload from my phone but the file is too large)