Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 42045 times)

element4life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »
didn't read thread but wasn't there a large influx of new terrible posters AFTER slap was mentioned on the loin club

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2019, 12:28:49 PM »
i like nine club with guests but i would never watch the experience .. is that everyday?

Every other week.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »
The Experience is okay enough, but there isn’t much depth to it. Mostly just them listing every video or part that came out in the last week and calling it “sick”. Sometimes they’ll go on random skate tangents which I honestly prefer because it reminds me that they’re all humans with opinions and thoughts.

But also, Justin Eldridge seems infuriatingly stupid and I wish he wasn’t there.

doyle

• Rep: 213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2019, 01:34:47 PM »
Justin Eldridge being stupid is hilarious to me and one of the only reasons I watch the Experience (and almost never the normal Nine Club).

It's also crazy to me that Kelly could tell that Youness' new part was PAL. I really loved how frustrated Roger got when trying to explain NTSC/PAL to these guys.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2019, 02:06:00 PM »
i thought it was well established that mongo pushing is the worst thing in skateboarding
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2019, 02:53:59 PM »
It's weird how they lie about coming here when it's so blatantly obvious they do. Makes the level of butthurt really noticeable. They must be legitimately bummed that 90% of us think their show sucks.

well if 90% of the market doesn't like the product....it's not the consumer

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2019, 03:28:05 PM »
Nine club experience is made for 13 year olds who watch youtube videos all day and justin eldridge is a braindead blonde blimbo stuck in a washed up skateboarder’s body

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2019, 04:23:33 PM »
Good one seymour

Also for the record, Rog, some of us are fans of the show here on SLAP. That said don't think that just because 3/4 of SLAP hates nine club, it doesn't mean the other 25% do.

We appreciate your industry insights. Also confirm if you were actually budgie. Thanks.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2019, 09:20:02 PM »
we need you pontoon boat

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2019, 12:38:29 PM »
these guys mention nearly every criticism they get, i think they're a little touchy about it

if it really didn't bother them i'm guessing they wouldn't mention it at all

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2019, 12:40:17 PM »
But also, Justin Eldridge seems infuriatingly stupid and I wish he wasn’t there.

every episode i'm waiting for a coherent thought from this guy but he really is that dumb

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »
I made it on this weeks episode. Told them they can cut the scene before I started talking about slap but they kept it on. Fuck did I ramble on. I hate my voice too. Kook me I’m an idiot.

It was all fun until I mentioned slap. Then they were bummed haha sorry guys

1:24:04

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:44:34 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

stayfalse

• Rep: 5
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »
funny they let their celebration episode turn into a slap pals questions ad episode lmao. sanchenzo the good salesman, never stop selling

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2019, 09:44:14 PM »
Okay, scrubbed through and it's at 1:32:33. Crob was visibly shaken at points and every one of them basically admitted that they lied when they said they don't ever read Slap. They did look super cute in their baseball caps and Steezus looked extra woke in his fake prescription glasses, so I'll give them that.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2019, 09:52:12 PM »
Roger/Budgie is down, but Crob isn't having any of that for the crew. He literally despises Slap. Skaters in real life are trolls, bunch of adult teenagers pushing wood vibing people at their local and shit talking. Very good sell! It's just funny how much it affects them,but they say we're shit.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2019, 10:43:57 PM »
Roger is the most interesting one at that table but he barely speaks. I don't mean it as an insult to the others or anything, I just hope he considers doing a Pals Questions someday.

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 630
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »
Where the fuck else am I supposed to talk about jacking off into Erica Yary’s sock??

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2019, 01:26:40 AM »
Bumblegum Tate getting the shout out on there.

I just watched the clip. Props for calling in. I still think Crob and company take Slap way too serious. Of course there is a ton of shit talk but it’s a message board. It’s kind supposed to be that way. Instagram, Youtube, Redit....is all the same thing. Don’t act like you don’t understand social media interactions. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

And Crob is a Howard Stern fan. He knows the drill. Stern gets destroyed all the time by his loyal fans. If you don’t want that kind of heat, don’t do a YouTube show. These sort of things come hand in hand. And I swear Nine Club has criticized Revive on there show. There Nine Club Experience is pretty much a message board in show form.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2019, 02:13:58 AM »
Haha your call was the best thing on this episode. Even the timing was perfect, just before your call you hear Roger mumbling about only finding skategossip on slap.

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2019, 02:25:39 AM »
they removed the steezus christ is racist thread? slap on book burning.

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2019, 02:41:30 AM »
I always check what Crob puts up for Kelly's 'role' in the credits. Thought this one was pretty funny.

morningcommute

« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2019, 03:09:34 AM »
Crob's knee jerk reaction is completely understandable so fair enough. It wouldn't have hurt him to actually pay attention to mcpott  instead of dismissing him. He bigged them up, is clearly a massive skate nerd (which is what 9 club is trying to pander to, albiet to a watered down degree, by digging into pro skaters lives and careers) and was respectful the whole way through.
Crob got bent out of shape when he mentioned he had two tricks on the tour but could name them off the top of his head. Perhaps be stoked that someone remembered his minimal contribution. I watched the canada tour dvd a thousand times and could just about remember the tricks when they were mentioned.

Perhaps Mcpott could have delved into it abit more with a sentence or two more about the reddit/4chan style influx around the time the steezus thread was created would have helped them understand but regardless, their inability to understand they make a web based chat show that gets a negative response in comments on various web based platforms is laughable.

rog is clearly down. Kelly seems like a really nice likeable guy but Crob really, really, reaaaaally brings the whole show down. from top to bottom.
That said, he's probably a nice guy. Just not a very interesting, knowledgable or gracious host.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:11:56 AM by morningcommute »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2019, 03:15:12 AM »
Yeah setting up lights and a few cameras isn’t that hard, not sure why they are on such a high horse about their production level. It’s a fucking recorded show, when they do it live at that level then I’ll be impressed.

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2019, 03:33:51 AM »
Yeah setting up lights and a few cameras isn’t that hard, not sure why they are on such a high horse about their production level. It’s a fucking recorded show, when they do it live at that level then I’ll be impressed.
lowkey i think Crob sees it as competition. it's a better look to say 'we're into production value' but i think he caught himself as he was about to say 'we have a show and you ain't eating off my plate. cause if you eat off my plate i'm gonna slap. i'mma eat off your plate.'

feedmeseymour

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2019, 03:37:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lowkey i think Crob sees it as competition. it's a better look to say 'we're into production value' but i think he caught himself as he was about to say 'we have a show and you ain't eating off my plate. cause if you eat off my plate i'm gonna slap. i'mma eat off your plate.'

Green light on nineclub

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2019, 04:49:27 AM »
Yeah I seriously thought they were gonna cut after the Eldridge quesiton. I was only gonna ask them if they’d be down to do the questions then it trailed off to that long conversation and I rambled on a little too much thinking it wasn’t gonna be in the show anyways. Didn’t realize I bummed Eldridge that bad since there were laughs all around. I do feel like I started sounding like an idiot after a while and couldn’t believe I took up 20 min of the episode.  Definitely cringed the first time I saw it. Overall I thought it was funny though and liked the salad tossing joke-athon that followed after my call.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2019, 05:42:55 AM »
This post is not very Shalom of you but I forgive you.

I’m a guy that films, mics, and edits multi-camera interviews and it’s a shit ton of work. Camera cuts, audio mixing, color grading, editing out pauses, rendering, etc, etc..  I can’t imagine doing 6 of these a month. Most of these things are over two hours long! That’s basically a full time job for Rog and Crob.
ableSkateMag.com

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2019, 05:50:25 AM »
the irony of calling them out for not being able to interview, yet you can't let them string a sentence together without talking over and interrupting them.

morningcommute

« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2019, 06:01:48 AM »
the irony of calling them out for not being able to interview, yet you can't let them string a sentence together without talking over and interrupting them.

Roger explains there is a time lag, confirmed by Mcpott. Which Roberts, like you, heard but didn't appear to be able to comprehend.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2019, 06:06:48 AM »
Haha wow that turned the show in the different direction..

Hahaha not that i care but that was embarrassing