Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 42047 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah setting up lights and a few cameras isn’t that hard, not sure why they are on such a high horse about their production level. It’s a fucking recorded show, when they do it live at that level then I’ll be impressed.
[close]

HA, They discussed earlier in the episode how much work Rog & Roberts put into both shows. I'm sure most of the work is editing, not setting up the lights. It's not a fucking competition. I'll be impressed when the Slap Pals Questions thing hits 20 episodes.
[close]

I'm pretty sure they spend at least 2 hours setting up for each episode between cameras, microphones, lighting and video switching. All rightful bashing aside, it's a pretty clean setup. I think the editing may be the easiest part of the entire gig.
[close]

Yes ofcourse they have a very clean set up, it looks and sounds extremely professional. They kill it and they have their work flow down so it involves less problem solving and more just the time consuming setups and tedious editing. But that doesnt warrant saying youre above low production projects because of that.

look at bobshirt interviews... they are really great, but no one complains about them having only one camera, filming outside with tons of ambient noise, and they leave the camera's autofocus on making the picture bounce between being sharp or totally blurry. Along with the constant camera shake or movement. (bobby p episodes comes to mind) that being said i love those interviews because they show visuals related to what they are talking about and they get great people on there telling great stories in a very casual environment.

With that ^ im trying to point out that gear/setup isnt always important, you can take a great photo with a disposable camera. its the content that matters.

Pals questions is done for fun (although editing from the other side of the country isnt really that fun), with no budget, low production, and no desire to turn into another generic youtube channel asking for donations/patrons and monetizing the content. and im cool with that.

-anyways sorry for the word salad.

shalom.

I don't know who in the thread you quoted said they're above low production setups... was it my comment about buying Monket McPott a field recorder? Only reason I suggested that is because some of the interviews were almost inaudible for me.

To one-up this offer: Monkey Mcpott (I like addressing you by this name, by the way. Please never reveal your real name): Google Drive is free and I would totally edit these videos via sharing on that if you'd like. No, I'm not some self-proclaimed production god, I just want to get the best out of these opportunities for candid interviews.

I think he can shoot it with an iphone and I'd be happy. Content is king and the Nine Club probably wouldn't have such a good following if it weren't for their tech, due to how poorly they interview some people.

Jagr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2019, 11:02:31 AM »
best episode of the experience was definitely roger skating boston...i wish boston rog would come out on the normal experience more.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2019, 11:16:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah setting up lights and a few cameras isn’t that hard, not sure why they are on such a high horse about their production level. It’s a fucking recorded show, when they do it live at that level then I’ll be impressed.
[close]

HA, They discussed earlier in the episode how much work Rog & Roberts put into both shows. I'm sure most of the work is editing, not setting up the lights. It's not a fucking competition. I'll be impressed when the Slap Pals Questions thing hits 20 episodes.
[close]

I'm pretty sure they spend at least 2 hours setting up for each episode between cameras, microphones, lighting and video switching. All rightful bashing aside, it's a pretty clean setup. I think the editing may be the easiest part of the entire gig.
[close]

Yes ofcourse they have a very clean set up, it looks and sounds extremely professional. They kill it and they have their work flow down so it involves less problem solving and more just the time consuming setups and tedious editing. But that doesnt warrant saying youre above low production projects because of that.

look at bobshirt interviews... they are really great, but no one complains about them having only one camera, filming outside with tons of ambient noise, and they leave the camera's autofocus on making the picture bounce between being sharp or totally blurry. Along with the constant camera shake or movement. (bobby p episodes comes to mind) that being said i love those interviews because they show visuals related to what they are talking about and they get great people on there telling great stories in a very casual environment.

With that ^ im trying to point out that gear/setup isnt always important, you can take a great photo with a disposable camera. its the content that matters.

Pals questions is done for fun (although editing from the other side of the country isnt really that fun), with no budget, low production, and no desire to turn into another generic youtube channel asking for donations/patrons and monetizing the content. and im cool with that.

-anyways sorry for the word salad.

shalom.
[close]

I don't know who in the thread you quoted said they're above low production setups... was it my comment about buying Monket McPott a field recorder? Only reason I suggested that is because some of the interviews were almost inaudible for me.

To one-up this offer: Monkey Mcpott (I like addressing you by this name, by the way. Please never reveal your real name): Google Drive is free and I would totally edit these videos via sharing on that if you'd like. No, I'm not some self-proclaimed production god, I just want to get the best out of these opportunities for candid interviews.

I think he can shoot it with an iphone and I'd be happy. Content is king and the Nine Club probably wouldn't have such a good following if it weren't for their tech, due to how poorly they interview some people.

i wasnt aiming that at you. i was referring to crob here... https://youtu.be/K_Ihg_FAr1A?t=5632

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »
"No more Slap shit."

I was laughing so hard at "ease up on Roger"  ;D

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
Crob triggered from random people talking skateboard banter over a message board. As much as I love Crob, his reaction rubbed me the wrong way and its obvious he hates SLAP.

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

feedmeseymour

« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »

Post a resume fuccboi

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2019, 01:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Mr. Monkey McPott is a damn genius, a kind human being, and a fucking stud to boot. We should all be grateful that he posts here.
[close]
I'm so glad one of the competent pals made it on the show and wasn't a fat troll. Your call was the best thing.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2019, 02:15:03 PM »
I found it laughable when crob was basically like show your face etc. like you need my SSN for me to have an opinion on your show that’s public? Also im sure most adults over 25 wouldn’t have a problem saying shit to any of these dudes good or bad in person. So the anonymity of the internet don’t mean anyone’s afraid to say shit in real life. I doubt anyone is worried of the repercussion of what someone that is probably 5 and a half feet tall weighing 150lbs would do.

Not trying to be internet tough guy here but seriously no ones intimidated by anyone of these dudes.

Edit it also got under my skin how they tried say shit after the phone call ended. Like if you wanna go and say some sly shit let a dude at least be able to rebuttal or explain. Bitch made shit from the whine club
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:08:36 PM by Murge »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2019, 03:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Post a resume fuccboi

Name: Dr. Uses work computer to post on slap
Experience: MS Paint
Current role: Mouth breather

Mr. Fink

« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2019, 03:37:43 PM »
Steezus is reeeaaallly bad at convincing people he doesn’t care about SLAP’s opinion of him.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »
Should have told him to look at Post you skating, so he can see how many people here have skated in 2019, considering Crob hasn't.

Edit, Should have brought up daryl when Kelly brought up Tate
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:23:58 PM by expired »

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2019, 04:58:27 PM »
I feel like every single person that's done Pal Q's has earned so much respect and appreciation in this place, and I have a feeling Roger will play ball someday soon.
On the other hand, crob's sealed his fate. if he won't skate OR work on his interviewing skills he's got zero career longevity at this point. He neither dignifies nor enriches the culture he has tasked himself with showcasing.
Sure, here you may get the 'marble or softball' question but I'll take it over any crob question, any fucking day. Shalom. 

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2019, 07:40:00 PM »
I know I’ve said it before but as TK always says “I’m gonna say this one more time” I decided to start the Slap Pals Questions solely to do it and to have an interactive interview between Slap and Skaters/Photographers/Videographers. It’s meant to be low budget and it’s meant to solely for Slap. So I understand that people outside of the message boards might not find the visuals to be top notch nor the questions we ask to be that interesting but at the very least it’s interesting to the person that asked it and more than likely it will be answered. I don’t plan on making any money from it and all the giveaways are provided by the guests so there isn’t really much of an overhead to make all these happen.

If anyone wants to donate anything I’d say donate it to FMS, you know his Insta! And PayPal! I consider editing to be the real hard work in all this. All I’m doing is meeting the people, having coffee with them then filming them. It’s all just a fun hobby to me, not a job. FMS is the one racking his brain making these happen. He’s a true gem that volunteered to help me edit these and has been nothing but a sweetheart the whole way through. The day he quits will be the day I’ll stop doing the show. Love ya dude.

I also love the nine club and have yet to miss an episode (give or take an experience episode). As you can tell I’m a big Roger fan and I really enjoyed him in the early episodes when he was more vocal. It’s possible they could just use a vacation to regain some passion for the show. They’ve been going hard for almost 3 years consecutively and that’s admirable whether you like the show or not. Anyways here I go rambling again, thanks to everyone for the kind words and much love to y’all.

Honestly I think a vacation is really needed. I can’t remember the last episode where roger said more than a few words. Crobs whole thing only worked well cause roger would ask more serious questions and could provide skate nerd knowledge on scenarios to help add to the conversation. The boys should take a break maybe start doing seasons with actual nine club and keep the experience on the every two weeks pattern to help break up the workload.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2019, 11:36:12 PM »
Crob triggered from random people talking skateboard banter over a message board. As much as I love Crob, his reaction rubbed me the wrong way and its obvious he hates SLAP.

but yet admits to reading it even though in the past they all denied the fact ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2019, 01:24:01 AM »
I like 9 club and I like all the dudes. But they should just stop talking about slap. If you don’t care then just leave it. It’s all been said.

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2019, 01:29:30 AM »
all 5 of the NCE hosts should be forced to take an IQ test live

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 630
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2019, 01:38:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Slap is just a massive popularity contest and most skaters aren’t cool enough to hang with cool guys like us  8)
[close]

Damn!  Dude probably getting laid as he typed that out!
two fingers deep at least

RandyLeahy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2019, 04:10:48 AM »
Monkey McPott, I really enjoyed your call and commend you on your attempt to bridge the gap between these skate media worlds.  As others have said, Roger is probably into some of what goes on over here and might even do a Pals Questions one day. I think he's the most likely long term lurker and gets the humour of Slap while also hopefully seeing through the trolls and any associated hating. Crob, Eldy, Kelly and Steezus, having spent more time on the other side of a camera, have had more to lose (trolls & hate) and have an understandably different perspective on Slap.

It's easy to say these guys should have thick skins and take criticism just because they're in the public eye, but that doesn't play out in reality and people take shit to heart. As far as I'm concerned, the amount of skate nerd joy I have gotten from the Nine Club far outweighs any nitpicking. I agree that Crob and Rog need to take a well deserved holiday.

TLDR: Monkey McPott and Roger = Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev

soonbanned

« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:54 AM »
Expand Quote
the irony of calling them out for not being able to interview, yet you can't let them string a sentence together without talking over and interrupting them.
[close]

Roger explains there is a time lag, confirmed by Mcpott. Which Roberts, like you, heard but didn't appear to be able to comprehend.
Interesting because not a single other caller had any trouble with their exchange. Yeah there's a lag, and Monkey knows he talks a lot. It was very, very hard to listen to him. Crob wasnt shook about slap he was thinking about stabbing monkey in the face with a soldering iron because he wouldnt shut up. However, I think from Monkey's position he did an excellent job of representing exactly what this place is.

soonbanned

« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2019, 07:48:50 AM »
Raging jealousy.

Imagine trying to stay relevant by hating on a successful entity. Parasitic at best.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2019, 08:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Raging jealousy.

Imagine trying to stay relevant by hating on a successful entity. Parasitic at best.

imagine creating an account just to say that.

im far from jealous, i have a full time job, unlike crob, i dont have to beg strangers for donations on youtube to pay my bills or buy my beers.

shalom shithead

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »
Boom roasted.

Also i don’t get a lot of tech stuff but  I honestly don’t think the quality of slap  questions is bad at all it’s an interview I don’t need Dolby surround sound and 1080 hd to see a person and answer questions. I can hear them fine. Also I enjoy the edit where a clip pops up for reference of what is being talked about. Again great job  monkey and FMS. Do your thing

element4life

« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2019, 08:34:57 AM »
cant we all just fuck and get along

element4life

« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »
slob on my knob like crob when he sobs

soonbanned

« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2019, 05:38:56 PM »

im far from jealous, i have a full time job, unlike crob, i dont have to beg strangers for donations on youtube to pay my bills or buy my beers.

shalom shithead
MmmHmmm. You're really fucking this shalom thing up for your friends.

soonbanned

« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »

i have a full time job, unlike crob, i dont have to beg strangers for donations on youtube to pay my bills or buy my beers.

Also unlike Crob, you very likely can't skate for shit. You folks love to say it doesn't matter but it clearly does. This place is mostly steered by people that don't skate at all, and it's extremely evident.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2019, 05:58:11 PM »
Expand Quote

shalom shithead
[close]
MmmHmmm. You're really fucking this shalom thing up for your friends.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote

i have a full time job, unlike crob, i dont have to beg strangers for donations on youtube to pay my bills or buy my beers.

[close]
Also unlike Crob, you very likely can't skate for shit. You folks love to say it doesn't matter but it clearly does. This place is mostly steered by people that don't skate at all, and it's extremely evident.

you are ruining roberts time lurking here

soonbanned

« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2019, 06:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

you are ruining roberts time lurking here
My apologies to Crob. In all honesty you're probably ok dudes other than the poser/hater vibe you all have. It's cool to not skate but jesus christ shut up.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You didn't see FMS Little Ceaser ad in last months Thrasher?