Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 42068 times)

feedmeseymour

Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2019, 06:35:00 PM »
Kelly gonna sleep good tonight knowing there’s a photo of a slap pal posted.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:32:42 AM by feedmeseymour »

soonbanned

« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

i have a full time job, unlike crob, i dont have to beg strangers for donations on youtube to pay my bills or buy my beers.

[close]
Also unlike Crob, you very likely can't skate for shit. You folks love to say it doesn't matter but it clearly does. This place is mostly steered by people that don't skate at all, and it's extremely evident.
[close]

You didn't see FMS Little Ceaser ad in last months Thrasher?

Little Steazers

soonbanned

« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2019, 06:37:59 PM »
I legit was going to make a joke about a carve grind in a baby pool before he posted that pic so it's really funny to me now. However skating is skating so touche.

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2019, 10:35:35 PM »
I legit was going to make a joke about a carve grind in a baby pool before he posted that pic so it's really funny to me now. However skating is skating so touche.
Post a pic of you skating,legit

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

morningcommute

« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2019, 10:51:13 PM »
Roberts and company have gone from vacuous but inoffensive to belligerent and annoying.
Roger, please leave and do something else with other people

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »
How did "Steezus Christ" weasel his way onto this show, anyway? Seems like the worst dude ever. Did they just need a token black guy? Because there are at least a few hundred million black people who are cooler than this Steezus Christ character.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2019, 04:49:08 AM »

Baby pool deez nuts

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2019, 05:11:16 AM »
Slap def is a negative place where unpopular opinions get said and snowballed into oblivion, but what the fuck does do those guy's expect? Where's the balls on these guys?!  If it bugs those that are big influencers in the industry look at as constructive criticism. I don't think it is our fault that someone shines a light on really really fucked up shit in your community (sexisim power dinamics, racism, homophobia, stealing shit, making money off someone else's talent and calling it mentoring turned sexual abuse?! In fact most would see that as a beacon of hope that ugly and reprehensible stuff should be called out!   

I know I have been part of that demon of posting random stuff and talking shit about some Colorado dudes. Part of it is because if I saw them I'd say the same things on here as well, in fact my last employer was part of those dudes. Mad about skateboarding in FT Lauderdale Rob is a cuck but that's besides the point I digress.

Seems to me and just me that if you can't hack it with heckling grow some thick skin you shouldn't be around skaters or in the scene in the first place....
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2019, 05:18:56 AM »
Slap def is a negative place where unpopular opinions get said and snowballed into oblivion, but what the fuck does do those guy's expect? Where's the balls on these guys?!  If it bugs those that are big influencers in the industry look at as constructive criticism. I don't think it is our fault that someone shines a light on really really fucked up shit in your community (sexisim power dinamics, racism, homophobia, stealing shit, making money off someone else's talent and calling it mentoring turned sexual abuse?! In fact most would see that as a beacon of hope that ugly and reprehensible stuff should be called out!   

I know I have been part of that demon of posting random stuff and talking shit about some Colorado dudes. Part of it is because if I saw them I'd say the same things on here as well, in fact my last employer was part of those dudes. Mad about skateboarding in FT Lauderdale Rob is a cuck but that's besides the point I digress.

Seems to me and just me that if you can't hack it with heckling grow some thick skin you shouldn't be around skaters or in the scene in the first place....
did yoiu really give blowjobs to foundation riders?

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Slap def is a negative place where unpopular opinions get said and snowballed into oblivion, but what the fuck does do those guy's expect? Where's the balls on these guys?!  If it bugs those that are big influencer's in the industry look at as constructive criticism. I don't think it is our fault that someone shines a light on really really fucked up shit in your community (sexism power dynamics, racism, homophobia, stealing shit, making money off someone else's talent and calling it mentoring turned sexual abuse?! In fact most would see that as a beacon of hope that ugly and reprehensible stuff should be called out!   

[close]
did you really give blowjobs to foundation riders?
That is something between me and them.............. not for you to know
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2019, 01:54:59 AM »
Just finished this weeks experience episode and admittedly am a big fan of the show and i'll watch it/listen to it most weeks depending on the guest. But I gotta say their reaction to Monkey calling was kind of lame, it really showed a different side to kelly...was almost bitter/sarcastic and almost came across with a bully mentality in making snide little comments. I feel like without the slap mention some of the responses would have been a bit different but they all kind of acted lame after that and for sure had a chip on their shoulders.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2019, 04:34:26 AM »
Just finished this weeks experience episode and admittedly am a big fan of the show and i'll watch it/listen to it most weeks depending on the guest. But I gotta say their reaction to Monkey calling was kind of lame, it really showed a different side to kelly...was almost bitter/sarcastic and almost came across with a bully mentality in making snide little comments. I feel like without the slap mention some of the responses would have been a bit different but they all kind of acted lame after that and for sure had a chip on their shoulders.

I think the whole "steezus is racist" thread stuff really pissed Kelly off. He still blew it out of proportion a little, but that thread was pretty fucking stupid.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2019, 04:48:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the whole "steezus is racist" thread stuff really pissed Kelly off. He still blew it out of proportion a little, but that thread was pretty fucking stupid.

Agreed for sure, stupid thread and I can see why it would annoy Kelly but it's not like the caller was the guy who made the thread. I mean their reaction was as if that thread and Monkey himself was representing all of Slap.... I feel like Monkey was super nice/laid back in everything he said and didn't really deserve any of the hostility/them trying to make a joke of him or whatever you know when he said several times himself how stupid the "steezus is a racist" thread was. It just seemed that all their resentfulness about slap was thrown onto one caller who associated himself with slap but hate by association is just as closed minded as some of the comments they have probably found in threads about themselves here.

Suave

« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2019, 04:59:19 AM »
i mean, slap does chew on Crob's interview skills, Rog's drinking and whatever else we can daily. we do have a thread dedicated to pros weiner wallets and any number of roasting people's private issues. i can see where as a pro skater i'd be cautious of the dark lords of slap. from what little i know of 4chan slap is kind of the skate version. they invented the ok hand sign as racist for a joke. slap invented shalom while making fun of a schizophrenic african american. 4chan congratulate themselves on getting Trump elected, slap is psyched when we see real world concessions or tributes [DGKalis shouted us out, yay].

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2019, 04:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed for sure, stupid thread and I can see why it would annoy Kelly but it's not like the caller was the guy who made the thread. I mean their reaction was as if that thread and Monkey himself was representing all of Slap.... I feel like Monkey was super nice/laid back in everything he said and didn't really deserve any of the hostility/them trying to make a joke of him or whatever you know when he said several times himself how stupid the "steezus is a racist" thread was. It just seemed that all their resentfulness about slap was thrown onto one caller who associated himself with slap but hate by association is just as closed minded as some of the comments they have probably found in threads about themselves here.

For sure. They completely flipped their tone and it wasnt very shalom at all. Monkey kept his cool though and im glad he still brought it up. I think your right though and they need to just get over it and realize its just like any online platform where people can comment. Its funny that even some of the worst just end up focusing their account anyway. Sure they might come back but bad posters come and go .

I also wonder how many new users are coming over from the nine club.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:01:18 AM by os89 »

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2019, 06:32:52 AM »
Christ, some of y’all sound like bitter assholes. If you like the show watch it. If you don’t then go outside or something. Go get some poosey
ableSkateMag.com

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2019, 06:55:43 AM »
Christ, some of y’all sound like bitter assholes. If you like the show watch it. If you don’t then go outside or something. Go get some poosey

The idea that anyone who speaks negatively on something has too much time on their hands and should just go get laid needs to stop. If you have a problem with something you should speak on it

able

• SLAP Pal
  • omm nom
« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2019, 07:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The idea that anyone who speaks negatively on something has too much time on their hands and should just go get laid needs to stop. If you have a problem with something you should speak on it
This statement would be inspiring if you were talking about issues in society or government but we’re talking about some dude’s podcast.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:30:03 AM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2019, 09:26:19 AM »
“We’re in the limelight.” He mutters as he pulls the Slap messageboards up just one last time before he goes to sleep...
p-shuvs and v-flips

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »

If you don't like this thread, you should go outside and get some "poosey" instead of posting in it.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • omm nom
« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »
Fine! I will!
ableSkateMag.com

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2019, 12:28:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you don't like this thread, you should go outside and get some "poosey" instead of posting in it.

Just handle yo business and FOCUS YOUR SHIT

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2019, 08:14:28 AM »

Around the 34 mark Steezus still mad.

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2019, 08:34:00 AM »
***spoiler***

roger bagley with the dumbest and most insensitive  response to raemers’ suicide.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2019, 08:43:35 AM »
Yeshhh, I know Roger is hurt and sad about Ben committing suicide but calling Ben a "Selfish son of a bitch" is probably something I would have cut out. Considering Slap is know to be "The worst place on earth" I don't think anyone on the Ben thread said anything like that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:47:16 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »
Yeshhh, I know Roger is hurt and sad about Ben committing suicide but calling Ben a "Selfish son of a bitch" is probably something I would have cut out. Considering Slap is know to be "The worst place on earth" I don't think anyone on the Ben thread said anything like that.

You guys are taking it out of context. Roger said that his first thought when hearing about Ben's suicide was "You selfish son of a bitch", because he was pissed and hurt.

He didn't go on the show and say "Ben is a selfish son of a bitch for doing what he did".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:09:13 AM by DanTheDoucher »
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You guys are taking it out of context. Roger said that his first thought when hearing about Ben's suicide was "You selfish son of a bitch", because he was pissed and hurt.

He didn't go on the show and say "I think Ben is a selfish son of a bitch for doing what he did".
So, thinking isn't thoughts? What?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Suave

« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
rog is a selfish son of a bitch for wanting ben raemers to live in pain to spare rog's feelings.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He didn't go on the show and say "I think Ben is a selfish son of a bitch for doing what he did".
[close]
So, thinking isn't thoughts? What?

Typo. Edited my previous statement.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2019, 09:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He didn't go on the show and say "Ben is a selfish son of a bitch for doing what he did".

I don't think Roger meant to sound that harsh and you can genuinely see that he is hurt from Ben passing away. I liked that they did address it and had a serious discussion about it. All I was trying to say is had they cut that little snippet I think the conversation would have had a different tone overall.

Also I don't know how I would feel about myself if my first thought is "That selfish son of a bitch" to a dear friend committing suicide. Is that a common reaction or something?