Author Topic: skating on the spectrum  (Read 3959 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Re: skating on the spectrum
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2022, 06:28:27 PM »
@busstopmag I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think anyone in here is bragging. I just see people discussing their experiences and asking questions, free of the stigma and judgement they might find elsewhere in their lives. Being willing to talk about it does not equate to parading it around or bragging.

Somebody else pointed out how skating is a great coping mechanism, but they've also noted how it's incredibly social. I cant imagine skateboarding without the sense of community, and I know I'm not alone in that, so it's clear for me to see how being on the spectrum could have an effect on someone's happiness/enjoyment in skating.

I've never been told I'm on the spectrum and I'm not the greatest at talking about this, but there are people who have posted in this thread who've been brave to share about themselves and open up a conversation that shouldn't be shameful to have. We should all be proud that is happening here.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 06:37:58 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BobbyPshew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -61
Re: skating on the spectrum
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2022, 08:03:46 AM »
Only challenges I ever experienced are the assholes here who, when I spoke out about my autism found it appropriate to accuse me of “self diagnosing”, “doing it for attention”, “lying”, threatening me with physical violence, calling me a “r3tard” and then proceeded to insult me on 3 different threads relating to my autism for months until I asked Slap to remove them … don’t worry though … its ok if they do it … just cancel anyone in the skate industry who does. So sad.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that abuse.
Who the fuck fakes being on the spectrum for attention?
Absolute babies.
Rock on, Rob.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance