Author Topic: Dave Chappelle's sticks and stones  (Read 4992 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dave Chappelle's sticks and stones
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2019, 11:19:36 AM »
making an offensive joke that's actually funny is an art form. most of the people ranting about PC culture are not funny and just like being offensive for the sale of being offensive, which is fine. but don't expect people to laugh or take it lightly.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2019, 04:03:26 AM »
making an offensive joke that's actually funny is an art form. most of the people ranting about PC culture are not funny and just like being offensive for the sale of being offensive, which is fine. but don't expect people to laugh or take it lightly.
I think the idea PC culture and everyone having to watch their tongue is hypocritical and ridiculous. Now mind you words do have weight but in the company you keep is where that type of offensiveness should stay.

I too get comfortable with friends and shit, some would raise their eyebrows like wtf?! but in the words of J-Rock it is what it is know what I'm sayin?  That's how I am sometimes when I get uppity about certain topics and situations I raise my voice as I can feel my blood boil.

People are entitled to say whatever the fuck they want,  however there are dire consequences when choosing those words.  Like they say choose your next word wisely because it could be your last, I agree implicitly with that sentiment entirely.

Thrillho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2019, 06:35:16 PM »
Loved it.  I thought he balanced the message with humor a lot better than his previous 2 hours.

I do find it strange that he made it that far with the shotgun bit not knowing the differences between bird shot, buck shot, and slugs.  Or maybe he does, and thought it worked better wrong?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 11:27:58 AM »
I laughed because this shit was supposed to be funny not because it was supposed to be offensive. The only thing Chappelle can't get away with saying is shit that ain't funny in a not funny way.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 12:46:05 PM »
shane gillis looks like an adult trapped in a fat kid's body.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:36:41 PM by ChuckRamone »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2019, 12:58:11 PM »
Loved how he talked about the opioid epidemic, "I dont feel bad for you, remember just say no"

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »
the “im not a nigger either” bit .. that’s a brilliant joke
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2019, 03:37:36 AM »
It’s comedy, if you didn’t laugh that doesn’t mean it wasn’t funny it just means you didn’t get the joke.

I loved it and watched it twice.