Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 187434 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1380 on: July 12, 2022, 08:16:15 AM »
sounds like someone’s a little too involved with boarding

indigenous_nudity

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1381 on: July 12, 2022, 08:17:33 AM »
feel
like i should invoice you for an hour of therapy after reading this

Expand Quote
Yeah but if that's what you wanna watch go ahead and cheer. There's a soccer field like half a km from my house and I always know when someone scored because I can hear the cheering. Pretty sure the people that play there are nowhere near as good as the top pros. Different people like different things. Or can even see the value of different things.
[close]

It's just annoying when a dude does a trick at the park and gets a small cheer but then when a female does the exact same trick, and most likely not as buttery let's be real, she gets a wayyyy bigger cheer. She's treated like she's better than everyone else. It's over-compensating and it can lead to her becoming arrogant and thinking she's better than everyone else. And she might start relying on that constant approval from an audience or else she might lose motivation to keep skating. Kinda like how many many girls always need self esteem boosts by posting pics on social media and they need that boost every day like a shot of espresso or else they become unhappy. Dudes are more self reliant and skateboarding's all about doing it urself and overcoming ur haters and shit like that. But with skateboarding, we've now just made it illegal to not say something overly positive to females. cuz we're so afraid of coming off as sexist if we say to her "yeah that tre flip needs some work it's not there yet". Like what are we afraid of, that she'll start balling in tears and start telling everyone that ur an asshole? That's blackmail fuck that shit she's a female she's not better than dudes stop spoiling her. This bullshit is forcing dudes to act fake like we know u don't act alll nice like that usually but when females are at the park u start acting like her dad or big brother or something cuz u don't wanna be the guy that's being mean to a girl when in reality u wouldn't be being mean that's just how dudes talk to each other we don't baby each other's emotions we tell it like it is. Ur responsible for ur own emotions and girls need to learn that too and dudes need to learn we're not responsible for girls' emotions. Like dude, u had no problem telling me my trick was whack (i'm a dude). That shit actually did hurt but i held it in to not look like a bitch so i laughed it off. But now ur acting way different to that chick at the park. I know ur not hitting on her ur just being extra kind cuz she's a girl fuck that treat her the same way u treated me. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to interact with you plain and simple.

tonitonne

« Reply #1382 on: July 12, 2022, 09:30:41 AM »

What the fuck do you expect on a skateboarding message board??

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #1383 on: July 12, 2022, 10:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What the fuck do you expect on a skateboarding message board??

A discussion dedicated 100% to skateboarding with absolutely no deviation from the topic. Steadfast and unwavering dedication to skateboard discussion.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:39:46 AM by HeavyAndExpensive »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1384 on: July 12, 2022, 12:38:48 PM »
unpopular opinion: talking about tv shows in a skate thread means you’re a huge dork

being on a fucking message board makes us huge dorks buddy...

pro club blanks

« Reply #1385 on: July 12, 2022, 01:50:36 PM »
If youre an adult in 2022 posting "why you gotta get political" type posts in defense of very vocal scumbags with hateful and bigoted political and social viewpoints you can go fuck yourself

Not everyone has the privilege of being insulated from reactionary policy making led by idiots

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1386 on: July 12, 2022, 02:05:46 PM »
Expand Quote
unpopular opinion: talking about tv shows in a skate thread means you’re a huge dork
[close]

being on a fucking message board makes us huge dorks buddy...

now imagine talking about a TV show everyone’s seen from 20 years ago on top of that

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #1387 on: July 12, 2022, 02:18:04 PM »

Popular with me
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

newguy

« Reply #1388 on: July 12, 2022, 02:57:23 PM »
If youre an adult in 2022 posting "why you gotta get political" type posts in defense of very vocal scumbags with hateful and bigoted political and social viewpoints you can go fuck yourself

Not everyone has the privilege of being insulated from reactionary policy making led by idiots

Preach
Also Dudes still don’t understand that “not giving a shit about politics” is a political stance in 2022. Read theory you sheltered cretin

tonitonne

« Reply #1389 on: July 12, 2022, 03:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Preach
Also Dudes still don’t understand that “not giving a shit about politics” is a political stance in 2022. Read theory you sheltered cretin

You sound like the type of person to bring up politics in a non political conversation and force your opinions down peoples throats just because you think you're right.

BoredSlide816

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1390 on: July 12, 2022, 03:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Preach

TESTIFY.

“Hey man they’re trying to strip rights away from a huge cross section of the population, including some of your friends and family even!”

“Meh…I don’t really get into all that political shit.”

tonitonne

« Reply #1391 on: July 12, 2022, 03:45:15 PM »
You can be apolitical and still care about current events. You make no sense at all. I don't see why I have to claim a political stance because i think women have the right to abortions. Fuck your registered voter placebo mindset.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1392 on: July 12, 2022, 03:51:17 PM »
You can be apolitical and still care about current events. You make no sense at all. I don't see why I have to claim a political stance because i think women have the right to abortions. Fuck your registered voter placebo mindset.

this is facts

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #1393 on: July 12, 2022, 04:09:40 PM »
You can also enjoy what a person creates and disagree with their politics if they aren’t a person of influence/power.  Kris markovich Pat Duffy PJ etc have garbage views but their skating is undeniable so I don’t give a fuck if they post dumb shit on social media because it does not matter.  If they held a seat in congress or were mayor or whatever that’s totally different.  But they’re skaters with Instagram, their opinions have no real power so whatever man enjoy it guilt free.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #1394 on: July 12, 2022, 04:12:40 PM »

logged in just to agree with this

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #1395 on: July 12, 2022, 04:15:00 PM »
“I think women have the right to abortions” is a political stance

tonitonne

« Reply #1396 on: July 12, 2022, 04:48:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Basic human rights and freedom of choice aren't political. Never have been. So stop trying to make common sense political. Why don't you have the electoral college go make more of your choices. Fuck off.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1397 on: July 12, 2022, 05:04:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Basic human rights and freedom of choice aren't political. Never have been. So stop trying to make common sense political. Why don't you have the electoral college go make more of your choices. Fuck off.
Yes they are political. Governments around the world take different positions on human rights , is that news to you?

tonitonne

« Reply #1398 on: July 12, 2022, 05:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Yes they are political. Governments around the world take different positions on human rights , is that news to you?

Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say this type of shit? It is NOT political. It is COMMON SENSE. If you are remotely worth a shit as a person you suppourt freedom of choice and basic human needs for ALL regardless of your political stance. You don't have to be red or blue or whatever you claim to be to suppourt personal freedom. I'm not registered and I have opinions on everything thats going on just like everyone else does, including you. Is this news to you?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1399 on: July 12, 2022, 05:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say this type of shit? It is NOT political. It is COMMON SENSE. If you are remotely worth a shit as a person you suppourt freedom of choice and basic human needs for ALL regardless of your political stance. You don't have to be red or blue or whatever you claim to be to suppourt personal freedom. I'm not registered and I have opinions on everything thats going on just like everyone else does, including you. Is this news to you?
This is a weird rant. Political= things decided by politics, like whether women get to have abortions. If everyone agree already the US Supreme Court wouldn’t have bothered to rule on the question two weeks ago.

Because you think everyone should agree (I do too!) doesn’t mean they do.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1400 on: July 12, 2022, 05:44:42 PM »
I fully agree a woman should have the right and full access to abortions…..I just think the back truck should never be below the front truck on any ledge/rail trick……

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1401 on: July 12, 2022, 05:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Freedom and basic human rights are political concepts. they don’t just exist. They’re abstract concepts that exist within relation to other humans (body politic).

Maybe it appears common sense because it’s the supposed working framework of ideals in which we’ve been born into.

nothing's been the since same

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #1402 on: July 12, 2022, 06:04:47 PM »
I fully agree a woman should have the right and full access to abortions…..I just think the back truck should never be below the front truck on any ledge/rail trick……

You’re against 5-0’s, blunt slides, and salads? You monster! However, that also means you’re against the dreaded Willy grind, which I think we can all agree on.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #1403 on: July 12, 2022, 06:06:07 PM »
Whether or not you are upset because you favorite skater posted something you disagree with on their Instagram story does not constitute “politics”.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1404 on: July 12, 2022, 06:08:13 PM »
Personally I don’t support Tiago getting a pass on SWONGO and I would rather debate that.

tonitonne

« Reply #1405 on: July 12, 2022, 06:09:06 PM »
Most ideas that people attach to a political party actually have nothing to do with politics and are gross overgeneralizations to keep everyone divided. I don't understand what you're not getting. Seriously, not all people who are pro abortion are liberals, believe it or not they just understand women deserve rights. You can think something that a certain party is supposedly alligned with and it doesn't mean it's political or that you are taking a political side. I'm just asking everyone to be open minded instead of lumping people in groups.

tonitonne

« Reply #1406 on: July 12, 2022, 06:17:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Freedom and basic human rights are political concepts. they don’t just exist. They’re abstract concepts that exist within relation to other humans (body politic).

Maybe it appears common sense because it’s the supposed working framework of ideals in which we’ve been born into.

No, its common sense if you think for yourself and are a decent person without your head up your ass. I didn't need the republicans or democrats to tell me what's okay to think to shape my opinion into what it is today. I'm done talking about this shit. As long as you're not a jock skater and you're a good person you're cool in my book.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1407 on: July 12, 2022, 06:22:03 PM »
Most ideas that people attach to a political party actually have nothing to do with politics and are gross overgeneralizations to keep everyone divided. I don't understand what you're not getting. Seriously, not all people who are pro abortion are liberals, believe it or not they just understand women deserve rights. You can think something that a certain party is supposedly alligned with and it doesn't mean it's political or that you are taking a political side. I'm just asking everyone to be open minded instead of lumping people in groups.
Political = related to politics
Stance= Position on an issue
That’s all that means. Nothing to do with party, being liberal, whatever. You can belong to no party, live in a cave in Alaska but when you say “I think women should be allowed to have abortions “ then you’ve taken a political stance because ultimately government is going to declare abortions illegal or legal. That’s what government does. Otoh the government doesn’t make the weather tomorrow or determine your favorite skater - your stance on those things is not political. 

TLDR you’re misusing language I don’t know how else to explain it to you.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1408 on: July 12, 2022, 06:38:08 PM »
Whether or not you are upset because you favorite skater posted something you disagree with on their Instagram story does not constitute “politics”.

Lol I’ll agree anything this dunning Kruger ass dude poasts shouldn’t count as politics

Now back to unpopular opinions: I would like to see business and co succeed. I enjoy Marc Johnson’s cynicism.

nothing's been the since same

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1409 on: July 12, 2022, 08:13:02 PM »
Personally I don’t support Tiago getting a pass on SWONGO and I would rather debate that.

To me, it looks completely natural within the context of his style and overall image.  I’d rather watch him push a big confident swongo push like the beautiful badass that he is than fake the funk with a forced switch push to try to appease the current rule set of modern skateboarding.  The fact that he’s probably going to do some insane 40 ft long switch fs crook afterwards helps a lot too.  I don’t feel strongly enough about this to get into any kind of debate, just my thoughts 4 u.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.