Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 187917 times)

tonitonne

Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1440 on: July 13, 2022, 07:18:21 AM »
Lol i'm definitely not one of those "you all are sheeple" but whatever think what you want. There totally isn't an opressive system in place against minority groups to keep everyone divided. Joe biden and Trump and all the other politicians care about you and your best intrests. Like how skaters are arguing with skaters over shit that they have no say in right now is just more proof. You're either for the system or for the people, simple as that. I love that everyone keeps ignoring the facts i bring up and attacks me instead too. Skaters united.

tonitonne

« Reply #1441 on: July 13, 2022, 07:23:42 AM »
Expand Quote

…i skate alone 80% of the time.

[close]
We are all very surprised to learn this about you, I’m sure.

Classic. the old "I don't agree with you so that means no one likes you in real life" boy really got me with that one. Shouldn't you guys be watching the news if you're so concerned with whats going on right now instead of attacking me for not wanting to contribute to a broken system? Me and my childish opinions have a pre work curb sesh to catch anyways.

warmonke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #1442 on: July 13, 2022, 07:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

…i skate alone 80% of the time.

[close]
We are all very surprised to learn this about you, I’m sure.
[close]

Classic. the old "I don't agree with you so that means no one likes you in real life" boy really got me with that one. Shouldn't you guys be watching the news if you're so concerned with whats going on right now instead of attacking me for not wanting to contribute to a broken system? Me and my childish opinions have a pre work curb sesh to catch anyways.
I think it's more to do with the fact you've been making a fool of yourself arguing with people on the internet rather than a difference of opinion

tonitonne

« Reply #1443 on: July 13, 2022, 07:43:58 AM »
I'm making a fool of myself for expressing my opinion on the system in place? Seriously? This is exactly what im talking about. I fogot as a hispanic this is how I get treated in the world. No voice allowed, No opinion allowed, Not even by my fellow skaters. Even when people can't see what you look like.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1444 on: July 13, 2022, 08:00:42 AM »
I'm making a fool of myself for expressing my opinion on the system in place? Seriously? This is exactly what im talking about. I fogot as a hispanic this is how I get treated in the world. No voice allowed, No opinion allowed, Not even by my fellow skaters. Even when people can't see what you look like.
So…
You’re presuming the reception you receive here has to do with your ethnicity, rather than your immature & uninformed takes?
I won’t speak for the rest of the world, but it’s pretty clear to any observer why you’re getting the cold treatment around here, skater or not.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

pro club blanks

« Reply #1445 on: July 13, 2022, 08:02:32 AM »
Im Mexican in America

Frankly, you should know better. Here, weve spent the last several years getting demonized by the right and have been getting used as a scapegoat for all manner of longstanding domestic problems to appeal to the worldview of bigots.

Nonwhite voter disenfranchisement is basically the wet dream of the right and page 1 of their playbook.

Yes the left has its problems, yes the system has problems but man if you think laying down is the answer with far right extremists making themselves more visible and flagrant by the day, I truly dont know what to tell you.

Do better

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1446 on: July 13, 2022, 08:03:32 AM »

May I direct your attention to Exhibit A:

Had to throw the white in there didn't you? This has nothing to do with race, I'm also not white. Once again, jackasses that have to be right about everything overgeneralizing and diving everyone. How are you going to patronize me when you also have no faith in the system??

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #1447 on: July 13, 2022, 08:07:16 AM »
Lol i'm definitely not one of those "you all are sheeple" but whatever think what you want. There totally isn't an opressive system in place against minority groups to keep everyone divided. Joe biden and Trump and all the other politicians care about you and your best intrests. Like how skaters are arguing with skaters over shit that they have no say in right now is just more proof. You're either for the system or for the people, simple as that. I love that everyone keeps ignoring the facts i bring up and attacks me instead too. Skaters united.

It's really not that simple. Why is RvW overturned? Why are LGBTQ+ rights on the chopping block next? Because of a hyper-conservative SCOTUS. This happened because progressive people didn't vote in 2016. Most of us understand how the electoral college works, we don't like it but we understand it's something to overcome and it requires progressive voters showing up to the polls in key states. They didn't. Lot of folks in those states probably thought "whatever, my vote doesn't matter anyways".
Trump then stacked the SCOTUS with draconian ghouls and here we are. We pleaded with so many you "both sides/voting doesn't matter" people that this exact thing would happen if progressives don't vote all the way back in 2015 to no avail, and just as we all knew, our friends are now having their rights strip-mined.
I don't even like Clinton or Biden, but they wouldn't have done that. We're not going to get a perfect utopia overnight, it's going to be a long, slow fight that requires generating active support more progressive candidates. Progress happens slow and requires dedicated folks keeping the momentum up. People shouting about how all politicians are the same and voting is stupid helped get us into this mess. If RvW getting overturned doesn't open your eyes I don't know what will.
Democrats may be ineffective, but nothing getting done and at least buying time to gather support for more progressive candidates is a whole hell of a lot better than things getting worse. If you don't agree with that be sure explain to any women or LGBTQ folks you know that their rights aren't worth you having to choose "the lesser of two evils".

Also, accusing us of racism for calling out your shitty takes? Bruh nobody knew you were hispanic until you just said it.
Pretty weak to be like "it's not that my takes are bad, it's that these people who don't know my race are racists!"

thebacker

« Reply #1448 on: July 13, 2022, 08:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oh my, The government trying to take more rights away and divide people more???? Totally shocking news to me and not at all what i've been saying this whole time.
[close]
What do you think not voting actually achieves?
[close]

Nothing, just like voting does. The american people do not have a voice in what goes on despite what they believe. Once again, look at the 2016 election. The people wanted Hillary but we got Trump instead.

voting does work just not in the way you want. local and state voting MATTERS
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:25:37 AM by DaveFuck »

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1449 on: July 13, 2022, 08:15:26 AM »
Ahh the politics of skateboarding. AGAIN.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #1450 on: July 13, 2022, 08:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's really not that simple. Why is RvW overturned? Why are LGBTQ+ rights on the chopping block next? Because of a hyper-conservative SCOTUS. This happened because progressive people didn't vote in 2016. Most of us understand how the electoral college works, we don't like it but we understand it's something to overcome and it requires progressive voters showing up to the polls in key states. They didn't. Lot of folks in those states probably thought "whatever, my vote doesn't matter anyways".
Trump then stacked the SCOTUS with draconian ghouls and here we are. We pleaded with so many you "both sides/voting doesn't matter" people that this exact thing would happen if progressives don't vote all the way back in 2015 to no avail, and just as we all knew, our friends are now having their rights strip-mined.
I don't even like Clinton or Biden, but they wouldn't have done that. We're not going to get a perfect utopia overnight, it's going to be a long, slow fight that requires generating active support more progressive candidates. Progress happens slow and requires dedicated folks keeping the momentum up. People shouting about how all politicians are the same and voting is stupid helped get us into this mess. If RvW getting overturned doesn't open your eyes I don't know what will.
Democrats may be ineffective, but nothing getting done and at least buying time to gather support for more progressive candidates is a whole hell of a lot better than things getting worse. If you don't agree with that be sure explain to any women or LGBTQ folks you know that their rights aren't worth you having to choose "the lesser of two evils".

Also, accusing us of racism for calling out your shitty takes? Bruh nobody knew you were hispanic until you just said it.
Pretty weak to be like "it's not that my takes are bad, it's that these people who don't know my race are racists!"

this is such horseshit.  progressive people did vote.  and always vote.  the people we are forced to vote for are corrupt and don't anything we elect them to do.  they keep nominating unelectable people that are beholden to corporate donors that most of the general public either don't relate to or outright hate.  you people are vastly underestimating the working class and their problems being dismissed. but yeah keep blaming progressives for yet another election cycle, see how that works out. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1451 on: July 13, 2022, 08:23:26 AM »
Mob and Jessup both have redeeming qualities…..

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #1452 on: July 13, 2022, 08:44:32 AM »
KARP is better than the melvins

Without question.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #1453 on: July 13, 2022, 08:46:21 AM »

Maybe popular? Or not ?, grizzly feels like Jessup with perforations and none of that tacky black goo.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1454 on: July 13, 2022, 08:55:24 AM »

mob reminds me of my favorite show the sopranos and i heard the guy who runs jessup said the n word

does anyone here feel passionately about that type of thing?!

djoekr

• Rep: 322
« Reply #1455 on: July 13, 2022, 09:08:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

mob reminds me of my favorite show the sopranos and i heard the guy who runs jessup said the n word

does anyone here feel passionately about that type of thing?!

I used to be a firm believer that Jessup was better than Mob but nowadays I'll skate any black sheet of grip.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Magnolia

• Rep: 461
  • She/They
« Reply #1456 on: July 13, 2022, 09:28:31 AM »
"Not Murican so don't really know how it works"

Okay. This is exactly why i skate alone 80% of the time. To avoid the pseudo intellectual virtue signallers that inhabit parks and have to be right about everything even when they literally have no idea what they're talking about.
The call is coming from inside the house!
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #1457 on: July 13, 2022, 09:44:27 AM »
Much of this rage comes from being self-conscious about riding a children’s skateboard.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 743
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1458 on: July 13, 2022, 09:53:51 AM »
Thank god I don’t vote because the dang ol’ ‘lectoral college chooses state and local governments too, which ultimately have little to nothing to do with what the president can and cannot get passed the house/senate, as well as not effecting me more on a day to day basis. That’ll show ‘em.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

tonitonne

« Reply #1459 on: July 13, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »
Much of this rage comes from being self-conscious about riding a children’s skateboard.

Yes, I'm very self conscious and raging about the fact that I skateboard you nailed it, totally has nothing to do with the way the world is run being corrupt. Continue to ignore the points I keep making about minority groups being opressed and rights being taken away. Fuck you all for attacking me for just expressing an opinion. You're treating me like I said something horrible like racist or transphobic comment just because you don't like what I'm saying.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #1460 on: July 13, 2022, 10:02:08 AM »
Chicano here. Skateboarding is like the one area where we get some respect. No one can deny our contributions to the sport. We got Alva and Gonzales -that’s half the skate Mt Rushmore.

I gave you a hard time tho and I feel bad that you’re getting piled on even if I don’t agree with your ideas on voting. How about we all let it go?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
« Reply #1461 on: July 13, 2022, 10:02:41 AM »
Hey, at least you know that you really nailed the theme of this thread.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #1462 on: July 13, 2022, 10:03:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Personally I don’t support Tiago getting a pass on SWONGO and I would rather debate that.
[close]

To me, it looks completely natural within the context of his style and overall image.  I’d rather watch him push a big confident swongo push like the beautiful badass that he is than fake the funk with a forced switch push to try to appease the current rule set of modern skateboarding.  The fact that he’s probably going to do some insane 40 ft long switch fs crook afterwards helps a lot too.  I don’t feel strongly enough about this to get into any kind of debate, just my thoughts 4 u.
I know what he’s doing it’s just not my thing. I like a good Louie Lopez switch push

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #1463 on: July 13, 2022, 10:14:41 AM »
I like skateline NBD. I await your volleys.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

newguy

« Reply #1464 on: July 13, 2022, 10:22:14 AM »
hey toni I feel you, I was also frustrated with how shitty the superstructure is becoming and I know you feel like you’re insane when things slide towards fascism and no one seems to gives a shit.
But venting on a messageboard isn’t healthy man, you can head over to hexbear.net and ask about joining an org or volunteer for things like union building etc. Ever since I did I’ve been in a much better place. Also I don’t think anyone here is against you, we’ve all got our ideas on how to fix this mess and while I agree that electoralism is hot garbage (not from US but the situation is just as bad in my country) I dont think shaming people for it is a good idea. Anyway go out there and do some praxis, it’s really a satisfying thing to do.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #1465 on: July 13, 2022, 10:29:04 AM »

I fuck with Jessup. I have a tendency to put my foot really far on my board for flip tricks and flick with the side of my foot, like when I kickflip I almost have my toes hanging off the opposite side of the deck.
Grip tape doesn't work well for me if the grip is too...grippy. I need a lil slide.

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 33
« Reply #1466 on: July 13, 2022, 10:47:43 AM »

Pepper-nuff said

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #1467 on: July 13, 2022, 12:38:29 PM »
I like new Jessup…and old Mob….

discode

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1468 on: July 13, 2022, 12:40:44 PM »
Black Magic is the best griptape

IpathCats

« Reply #1469 on: July 13, 2022, 12:50:05 PM »
10/10 Almost Uberlight owners use Mob griptape.