Poll

Is this a bad direction for the forum?

yes
12 (40%)
no
18 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Pro's Private Life  (Read 6402 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pro's Private Life
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2006, 12:16:14 PM »
just for the record, i believe jarret berry was shunned by the industry due to his flamboyancy.
perhaps that was due primarily to dave carnie being the one who interviewed him, i dont know.
my point is, no other pros (generally speaking) express themselves or their skating via their sexuality, so why would he? that is why he isnt hooked up. (and hes terrible at skating)
Dude, FUCK YOU. You don't know Jarret, and obviously never skated with him at all. He wasn't flamboyant at all. That big brother interview was a disservice to who he is on and off of a skateboard. He's not super flamboyant, they just asked him a lot of questions in that nature. It almost sounded like somebody who wanted to understand homosexuality but didn't was interviewing the first gay man they ever met. "So your not into women at all?" Of course not! He's GAY. Thats how it works. I've skated with him many times and never have seen him in assless chaps or a woman's dress just sessioning a spot. Apparently occasionally he does shit like that as a joke, but so do guys like Tiltmode, and NOBODY talks shit about them. He grinded a 16 stair rail naked before King of the Road existed. Which brings up another point. He rips, or atleast did (its been years since I have seen him). The big brother photos were more focused on getting a photo of Jerret in a dress than of him ripping some serious tricks.
His biggest mistake was going pro for some local company back in the day and just sitting on it, making him a second rate pro instead of an underground am.
Oh, and to whoever said it, this is a skate talk spot (ooh god, don't sew me other website!) and knitting circle where people do talk about trashy shit with the cover of anonimity, but you'd hope there would be a level of decency on the anonymous posters' parts
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

uruquay

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2006, 12:51:55 PM »

this is a skate talk spot (ooh god, don't sew me other website!) and knitting circle
you got big needles on the mind big boy?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »
oh yeah its "sue" huh?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

friction!

• Rep: 18
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2006, 12:32:35 AM »
Expand Quote
just for the record, i believe jarret berry was shunned by the industry due to his flamboyancy.
perhaps that was due primarily to dave carnie being the one who interviewed him, i dont know.
my point is, no other pros (generally speaking) express themselves or their skating via their sexuality, so why would he? that is why he isnt hooked up. (and hes terrible at skating)
[close]
Dude, FUCK YOU. You don't know Jarret, and obviously never skated with him at all. He wasn't flamboyant at all. That big brother interview was a disservice to who he is on and off of a skateboard. He's not super flamboyant, they just asked him a lot of questions in that nature. It almost sounded like somebody who wanted to understand homosexuality but didn't was interviewing the first gay man they ever met. "So your not into women at all?" Of course not! He's GAY. Thats how it works. I've skated with him many times and never have seen him in assless chaps or a woman's dress just sessioning a spot. Apparently occasionally he does shit like that as a joke, but so do guys like Tiltmode, and NOBODY talks shit about them. He grinded a 16 stair rail naked before King of the Road existed. Which brings up another point. He rips, or atleast did (its been years since I have seen him). The big brother photos were more focused on getting a photo of Jerret in a dress than of him ripping some serious tricks.
His biggest mistake was going pro for some local company back in the day and just sitting on it, making him a second rate pro instead of an underground am.
Oh, and to whoever said it, this is a skate talk spot (ooh god, don't sew me other website!) and knitting circle where people do talk about trashy shit with the cover of anonimity, but you'd hope there would be a level of decency on the anonymous posters' parts
did you fail to see the slight disclaimer i wrote in my first post?
i dont know why youre getting so bent out of shape about it turkey. in regards to his flamboyancy, i dont doubt that the guy wears regular clothes 99% of the time, but why would you be persuaded to parade around looking like a fool in the one real interview youve ever had?
yeah, i know, im sure carnie or kosick or whoever told him he had to shoot like that, but youre making a complete mockery of yourself and and any other gay skateboarder by doing it. have some pride and tell them youre not going to play into the stereotype that everyone has set for you. that you think your skateboarding will speak for itself and youll have nothing to do with chaps or a dress or talking about fucking guys that drive a big truck.
i have no problem with gay people, but that is the equivelant to a black skater acting like a gollywog for the sake of coverage (which clyde is dangerously close to).
the only real argument that you have is that he was your boy and ripped. great. there are plenty of hometown heros and i can pretty much assure you that ol' jarret would have been lost in the mix with the other guys grinding 16 stairs (naked or not).
sorry turkey.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2006, 02:17:15 AM »
maybe it would be better, if a couple of person would do the coming out. as we know 10% of the society is homosexual - and i think you can transmit this 10% to skateboarders. how do the skateboardcommunity  get a normal behavior  to homosexuality if nobody who skates (espacially pros) has a public coming out? it's a hard process for the indivual, but the whole skateboarding  community would profit. i really hope for a couple of coming outs in the future

uruquay

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2006, 03:12:09 AM »
oh yeah its "sue" huh?
it was just a strange coincidence that i believe shows our paths through the stars together as one, myself and you.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2006, 05:23:53 AM »
Isn't it really only a matter of time before the gay trend hits skating?

syn

• Rep: 5
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2006, 06:00:24 AM »

tight pants, crazy accessorisation, phallic rails, backside bigspins
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

Edward Penishands

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2006, 07:24:40 AM »
is tim really gay?

loophole

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2006, 07:31:26 AM »
yeah, not that it matters though
(trying to sound as non-homophobic as i can)

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2006, 08:06:32 AM »
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

tim

• Rep: 74
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2006, 11:23:14 PM »
yes. very, very gay
You have me mistaken with someone that is important.

Yes, I'm gay. What of it?

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2006, 09:17:28 AM »
Pre-op, post-op, that shit don't matter.  I'd draw the line at finding out that my favorite pro loves canines in a interspecies way.

Donnie Murdo...

but seriously, it would suck (for certain reasons) if BA was not gay. Imagine his girl googled him and 90% of it being topics of him being gay.

I sound like such a homophobe...but I'm definetly not.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »

It's amazing that technology improves so fast but human bitching and homophobia stays constant

I need a coffee

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2543
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »
Yeah, since it's easier for man to develope technology than it is to change human nature.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2006, 02:11:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tight pants, crazy accessorisation, phallic rails, backside bigspins

all i hear is local skaters talking about other peoples clothes and how much they cost
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

kronichles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
what was up with Kenny Reed kicking it with a Fag (A Bundle of Sticks) in two pictures in his new skateboarder mag interview?

fumblebag

• Rep: -2
  • Gesundheit
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2006, 12:23:11 PM »
is tim really gay?

I think what you should be asking is... 'Is Tim FABULOUS?'

p.s. i do that in the bath sometimes. its fun to do it when you have a woody allen. when you open your legs up, your stick goes straight up, as if it wants to go to heaven.  - quote from guess who.