Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 183634 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 839
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1740 on: November 13, 2022, 05:18:26 PM »
Juice box isn't bad. Not amazing, but I do like it better than I liked the cookies n cream parent. Once I rehydrated it and rolled it up there were definitely some more fruity terps that came out and it has sort of a lemon-grape candy flavor over the normal creamy/gassy candy weed undertones. I assume that's the purple sauce side contributing those flavors since I dont remember cnc being particularly tasty.

The high is pleasant. Again, mostly a typical candy style high but it's a well done one. Starts with the kinda goofy, dazed head buzz and happy energy like much of the GSC family and then tails off into a moderately chill hybrid buzz. Not a ton of pain relief or body effects for the most part but that's probably a plus for a lot of people. It's not hard to get up and do stuff, but I don't feel compelled to accomplish something the way I do with golden goat or Moby Dick.

So I guess it's one of those strains that while it's not necessarily my style, I can respect what they've done with it. I wouldn't like seek it out and it's not going to replace Jack or gg4 in my medicine cabinet, but if it's $20 again or they have grams of it I would grab some again for a rainy day. Would be a solid video game marathon strain for sure.

badmanganjaspliff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #1741 on: November 15, 2022, 10:55:11 AM »

Picked up a bit of miscellaneous haze to tide me over till payday. I don’t know what variety of haze it is but if I had 2 guess I’d say it’s amnesia haze. Smoking really really nice, that typical haze flavour comes through with a bit of creaminess on top, nice surprise as the cream doesn’t come through in the smell at all it’s just got that standard haze smell. The high is very energetic as you would expect from a sativa, instantly put me in a good mood

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1742 on: November 16, 2022, 01:34:52 PM »

SLAP n Tickle. It's a pal for sure. Genetics are (GMO x grape pie). Interesting, earthy indica. It's really dry so I couldn't taste all that much yet but once it rehydrates I expect it to be very good. There's some clove and licorice that I got a hint of along with the grape and kush flavors. A lot going on for sure. High is straight munched out happy and dumb indica. Very good stuff.

Cindy 99. A legend for a reason. This is a really interesting cut. I had a cross with it a few weeks back and I can recognize some of the terp profile from that. This is a super citrusy pheno, terpinoline dominant and enough ocimene to give it a really crisp nose. The Jack lineage is evident, but the shiva skunk brings out it's more floral side rather than the fruity bonanza that good Jack has. Saving it for the morning, but if the effects match the smell I suspect it's going to be like hanging out with an old friend.

Edit - terps

Also the SNT is already starting to get funky. Peppermint and grape and cloves and licorice all held together with a musky fart... It's smells like grandma's car
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 02:22:51 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #1743 on: November 17, 2022, 10:40:55 AM »
On day 5 no smoking after who knows how many years since I’ve taken a break. At least over 5 years , probably closer to 10 years . It’s the first time that it’s just felt right not to smoke . Put all my shit away in a drawer for the first time after cleaning my room.

One crazy dream the first night. No crazy dreams the last few nights until this morning I had a movie saga dream that included me in a 4some with my exGF and I’m pretty sure aiden Mackey was a murderer in the dream looking for my girl .

Still feel really good about not smoking right now though ; it’s crazy how fucked up my memory has been the last 10-15 years. Already seem to be getting sharper in just 5 days time .

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1744 on: November 23, 2022, 05:05:14 PM »

Member Berry. (Mandarin Sunset x Skunk Berry)

Was on sale so I tried it. The name and the fact this was super popular with the budget growers (due to being a fast flowering, big yielding plant) put me off of trying it for a while but I'm really impressed with both the taste and the high. The smell is tart berries and cheese, the taste has a bit more sweetness and pine but its similar and very tasty. The high is extremely floaty and heady, kinda fun. Very good mood elevation and relaxation, you get a general warmth and sense of well being  and just kind of generally don't care about anything. Not sedating, but very relaxing.

More SLAP n Tickle (GMO x grape pie). This is one of my favorite strains in a while. I wish you guys could smell the funk wafting up off my hand while I took that pic. The taste is really intriguing, you get both of the parents and they combine to make this really weirdly delicious earthy peppery grape nose with spice and licorice that come out when you burn it. This batch is a little more grape-y than the last but it's also a lot fresher so I'm thinking that might be part of it. The high is like a more relaxing GMO that tails off into the ultra relaxing body high that a lot of the grape strains share. If you like indicas seek this one out.

Also my dearest love Crown Royale (blueberry x purple kush) has come back around in live budder form so I've been dabbing that all day. Still nothing like it.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1745 on: November 26, 2022, 01:57:47 PM »

More MAC n Cheese. Probably the tastiest strain I've found since golden goat, which it's very reminiscent of. The high isn't as good as goat, but it's a perfectly serviceable sat dom hybrid and keeps me motivated and moving through the day. This batch is very fresh and funky with slightly better terps outside of the terpinoline, so it's got a bit of a creamier stank to it.

Blue Beach Haze aka wet dream. This is listed some places asBlue Dream x "Ocean Beach Haze", which is some mystery cookies bullshit but from what I can tell this version from Franklin Labs is BD x white widow x gsc. I've had this before and it was pretty wonderful, but this batch is dry and not very stinky so we'll have to see what it's like once it's rehydrated. The smell is super beachy....that's really the best way to describe it... Coconut and mango. It smells amazing, I just wish it smelled more strongly. This was a really great mood elevating sativa in the same vein as blue dream last time I got it so I'm expecting similar results this time. Gonna twist one up in a few hours after it's had a chance to absorb some of the boost pack moisture.

Its the black Friday sale and I have 45% off all weekend so I grabbed another gram of crown royale and a few carts.

- 1g durban LLR (15% total terps, 8% terpinoline)
- .5g Sweet Tooth LLR (5% myrcene, tastes so much like candy you'd swear it's flavored if you'd never had the flower)
- .5g Apple Sundae solventless live rosin cart (super pumped about this, these are the guys who made all that awesome blueberry muffin rosin I went through. This is made from the same ice water bubble hash I've been buying for a few months now and it hits very similarly. Nice indica dom hybrid that makes a very tasty, slightly sour rosin. Also just got confirmation that they just harvested more BBM so hopefully there will be carts of that coming.)

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1746 on: December 01, 2022, 11:16:13 AM »
Spliff/joint smokers what is your paper of choice Or if you smoke blunts what’s your wrap

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #1747 on: December 01, 2022, 11:28:51 AM »
I took a break awhile back because it gave me anxiety.  Now I’m on anxiety meds and I love weed again.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1748 on: December 03, 2022, 02:15:49 AM »
Spliff/joint smokers what is your paper of choice Or if you smoke blunts what’s your wrap

I typically roll my own cones and then stuff them with a chopstick as I find it burns more evenly and I enjoy the ritual. Kind of a manual pre-roll I guess. For that I use Raw black king size papers and the white elements tips are my usual setup. I like Elements papers a lot too but they're not as easy to find.

For smaller joints like for a walk to the store or something, I will usually just hand roll. For that I have some OCBs that I typically trim down and the short raw tips.

For really special bud, like stuff that I want to taste absolutely nothing but the flower, I have a pack of these -

They're ungummed and insanely thin, probably the thinnest paper I've ever seen. The way they work is you lick one of the edges and then tear it off so there are long fibers of paper left...this is your "glue" and when you roll it you moisten that ripped edge again and press it against the clean paper it will stick to it. They're so soft and delicate that there is basically zero taste or ash, which coupled with the no glue thing makes them kind of difficult to use, especially at first. It takes patience and even experienced users sometimes have to go through several attempts or papers to get one that works, so only the best of the best is worth the effort. Can't beat the flavor, or total lack thereof, though.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1749 on: December 03, 2022, 02:35:06 AM »
i just use whatever papers honestly... i smoke spliffs, so the tobacco covers most paper flavor anyways. not too picky. but i prefer thin(paper thickness) and wide. most of the time i get ones by a local brand called gizeh. nice to roll, thin paper, burns well and has no noticable taste to me.

buddy of mine hooked me up with a good bunch of amnesia he had left.almost got an ounce for free. said he found the bag after he forgot about it and doesn't know what to do with it. it's a little dry, but it was free and was grown and cured really well, so i can't complain.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1750 on: December 03, 2022, 04:32:29 AM »
i just use whatever papers honestly... i smoke spliffs, so the tobacco covers most paper flavor anyways. not too picky. but i prefer thin(paper thickness) and wide. most of the time i get ones by a local brand called gizeh. nice to roll, thin paper, burns well and has no noticable taste to me.

buddy of mine hooked me up with a good bunch of amnesia he had left.almost got an ounce for free. said he found the bag after he forgot about it and doesn't know what to do with it. it's a little dry, but it was free and was grown and cured really well, so i can't complain.
I’m with you on the spliffs g, saves a bit of weed and personally I love the way you get a little throat hit from the tobacco. I use rizla brand silver or black papers mainly as that’s the paper you can reliably get in corner shops in the UK, honestly not a fan of the raws I find they never stick properly. Do you prefer rolling tobacco or a piece of cigarette in your spliffs? A lot of my friends use rolling but I prefer cigarette tobacco I feel like you don’t taste it anywhere near as much.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1751 on: December 03, 2022, 02:57:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’m with you on the spliffs g, saves a bit of weed and personally I love the way you get a little throat hit from the tobacco. I use rizla brand silver or black papers mainly as that’s the paper you can reliably get in corner shops in the UK, honestly not a fan of the raws I find they never stick properly. Do you prefer rolling tobacco or a piece of cigarette in your spliffs? A lot of my friends use rolling but I prefer cigarette tobacco I feel like you don’t taste it anywhere near as much.

i'm with you about raw papers. i'm not really impressed with them. they are sort of slippery. rizla is pretty rare over here in germany, as in not everyone carries rizlas, but i love rizlas personally and buy them whenever i see them. i use that gizeh brand mostly, or smoking brand from spain. and i generally use rolling tobacco, because that's what i have and i have found one that is very light with the taste, but gives you the throat hit. filter cig tobacco definitely hits a bit harder in a spliff in some way. i bum a cigarette sometime just for rolling a spliff with it because it makes me nostalgic. 

i tried to get used to smoking pure joints, but i can't really afford it and it lacks that hit for me, but comes with actual coughing fits strangely enough. i guess that's because the nicotine makes everything go numb anyway. 

on another note, german prohibition will probably be over by 2024 it seems, and they were pretty generous compared to what they announced earlier. first they said no homegrowing, then they said ok, two plants. now you can have three. germany's largest legal weed grow ops is just an hour north of me and if it wasn't such a hassle to get there everyday i'd apply for a job there i guess. they are just producing medical as of now. after the bill is done we'll do it pretty much exactly like the us/canada. it's gonna be sick. knowing that i will have a dispensary probably at every corner in my city fills me with weird joy. 

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #1752 on: December 03, 2022, 07:09:54 PM »
Finally bothered to read reviews and try to find the best locally sold bud I could buy.  Settled on “Dirty Banana” by EastCann.  Indica heavy hybrid with a euphoric slow creep, heightened senses, relaxed body high.  This is possibly the best looking, smelling, tasting, feeling stuff I’ve ever gotten.

badmanganjaspliff

• You pies
« Reply #1753 on: December 03, 2022, 07:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i'm with you about raw papers. i'm not really impressed with them. they are sort of slippery. rizla is pretty rare over here in germany, as in not everyone carries rizlas, but i love rizlas personally and buy them whenever i see them. i use that gizeh brand mostly, or smoking brand from spain. and i generally use rolling tobacco, because that's what i have and i have found one that is very light with the taste, but gives you the throat hit. filter cig tobacco definitely hits a bit harder in a spliff in some way. i bum a cigarette sometime just for rolling a spliff with it because it makes me nostalgic. 

i tried to get used to smoking pure joints, but i can't really afford it and it lacks that hit for me, but comes with actual coughing fits strangely enough. i guess that's because the nicotine makes everything go numb anyway. 

on another note, german prohibition will probably be over by 2024 it seems, and they were pretty generous compared to what they announced earlier. first they said no homegrowing, then they said ok, two plants. now you can have three. germany's largest legal weed grow ops is just an hour north of me and if it wasn't such a hassle to get there everyday i'd apply for a job there i guess. they are just producing medical as of now. after the bill is done we'll do it pretty much exactly like the us/canada. it's gonna be sick. knowing that i will have a dispensary probably at every corner in my city fills me with weird joy.
So happy for you guys, sadly the uk is still years behind:( I’ll have to look out for gizeh never heard of them before. I also cough a lot more from smoking pure. I tbink we’re not used to it as much in Europe I’m sure your first spliff was exactly like Mine and had a fair bit of tobacco. Most stoners I know started out rolling like 40 weed/60 baccy and then progressed to more like 80weed/20baccy. But ye I also cough like mad on pure spliffs

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1754 on: December 03, 2022, 08:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
So happy for you guys, sadly the uk is still years behind:( I’ll have to look out for gizeh never heard of them before. I also cough a lot more from smoking pure. I tbink we’re not used to it as much in Europe I’m sure your first spliff was exactly like Mine and had a fair bit of tobacco. Most stoners I know started out rolling like 40 weed/60 baccy and then progressed to more like 80weed/20baccy. But ye I also cough like mad on pure spliffs

yeah that weed/tobacco ratio checks out. depends on how much weed i have haha.

eventually i am convinced that within a couple years, it will be legalized in most, if not all of europe, i'll just include the uk in that. it would make sense since your government desperately needs to make money. the main reason they legalize it here is that they realized the cost to benefit ratio of fighting weed trade and consumption just isn't worth it and the money could be used elsewhere. there's even a ton of money to be made, as long as you are one of the early adopter countries you can export to countries that don't meet demands in their own markets yet. it was the first really smart thing a german government decided to do in 15 years. your government will be happy to make money off of it as well once it realizes it will rake in national profit and taxes.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1755 on: December 04, 2022, 07:16:26 AM »
So happy to hear that Frank. Especially that you can grow. I'm thinking about getting my dad a tent for Christmas... It seems like a decent hobby for a retired stoner to take up and he always grew a little vegetable garden out back when I was growing up. It's not legal here but I think the days of them kicking in doors over a couple plants are over thankfully.

I'm actually really excited to hear what you think about some of the med strains, I'd love to hear your take on some good durban poison or gorilla glue #4. Hopefully someone makes it a point to grow some of the older classics like Jack, DJ short Blueberry, White Widow, Northern Lights, SSH etc and you don't just get flooded out with shitty candy mids bred to look pretty and yield big like most of the USA is at the moment.

Are you going to be getting concentrates? I know you like vaping flower but dabs/carts are kind of a whole different branch of weed for me.

Nothing new here but I can't say I'm complaining. Crown Royale is still unlike any other strain I've tried. This isn't even a super good batch, but it doesn't need to be. The durban is a weird batch, it has loads of ocimene which makes it super crisp but it's also oddly swampy tasting compared to other batches but I'm not sure where that's coming from.

I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning... Hoping it's just because of the weather and will pass soon but I had to skip my morning joint and I'm not sure if I'm gonna run to the dispo before football starts today like I was planning to. Might just smoke the rest of that member Berry and spend my weed money on ice cream and cough drops.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1756 on: December 04, 2022, 07:45:00 AM »
So happy to hear that Frank. Especially that you can grow. I'm thinking about getting my dad a tent for Christmas... It seems like a decent hobby for a retired stoner to take up and he always grew a little vegetable garden out back when I was growing up. It's not legal here but I think the days of them kicking in doors over a couple plants are over thankfully.

I'm actually really excited to hear what you think about some of the med strains, I'd love to hear your take on some good durban poison or gorilla glue #4. Hopefully someone makes it a point to grow some of the older classics like Jack, DJ short Blueberry, White Widow, Northern Lights, SSH etc and you don't just get flooded out with shitty candy mids bred to look pretty and yield big like most of the USA is at the moment.

Are you going to be getting concentrates? I know you like vaping flower but dabs/carts are kind of a whole different branch of weed for me.

Nothing new here but I can't say I'm complaining. Crown Royale is still unlike any other strain I've tried. This isn't even a super good batch, but it doesn't need to be. The durban is a weird batch, it has loads of ocimene which makes it super crisp but it's also oddly swampy tasting compared to other batches but I'm not sure where that's coming from.

I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning... Hoping it's just because of the weather and will pass soon but I had to skip my morning joint and I'm not sure if I'm gonna run to the dispo before football starts today like I was planning to. Might just smoke the rest of that member Berry and spend my weed money on ice cream and cough drops.

not sure about concentrates, since they plan to cap thc at about 15% for all recreational product, but then again they also said there won't be a strict test regime for sellers and growers afaik. there will also be a purchasing/selling limit, which at first might seem to conflict with home growing, since you would easily exceed that amount. but again this is to limit sales in shops and to somewhat make people not carry massive bags around. it doesn't say anything about stockpiling your own supply at home. and the amount is fairly large, i forgot the exact amount but it exceeds what i smoke in a month, and i think that's just the daily purchasing limit for an individual. it's not clear yet wether these will be just guidelines or actual laws and regulations and how overstepping would be punished. but their plans have already become more liberal than at first, since they didn't want to allow homegrowing at all in the first draft.

if people will buy hash and concentrates on the black market, then the government will most likely adapt to that and find a way to legalize those, too. it's really important to our government to make this a big future industry and source of taxes. not even the conservatives care anymore about it. they don't seem to protest one bit anymore and are basically like "if we will make money then we're fine with that."

there won't be any rules tho to what you make out of your weed, so i guess if we don't get concentrates in shops, then at least there will be enough flower available finally so you can cook up your own maybe.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1757 on: December 04, 2022, 08:13:58 PM »
Finally bothered to read reviews and try to find the best locally sold bud I could buy.  Settled on “Dirty Banana” by EastCann.  Indica heavy hybrid with a euphoric slow creep, heightened senses, relaxed body high.  This is possibly the best looking, smelling, tasting, feeling stuff I’ve ever gotten.

Niiiiiice. A little research and just paying attention to what it is that you like when you find stuff that you like goes a long way. I rarely strike out altogether since I started learning about the different terps and genetics, the last one that I full on disliked was Apple Fritter over the summer.

So it looks like this is Banana OG x Kush Mints #11? It has the look of a nana strain for sure and that sounds like a combo that I would really enjoy. The physical effects of the banana and the immense relaxation and mood elevation of KM is the exact kind of stuff I've been into lately. Lots of indica goodness. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one around here.

Is that one of those nitrogen sealed cans that you have to crack open like a can of tennis balls? We have a couple companies that use those. They stay fresh for a really long time but I find that once you crack them they can go down hill pretty fast if the bud isn't perfectly cured, so I usually move it over to a dark glass jar with boveda packs as soon as I crack it if I'm going to be storing it more than a few days.

Just ripped a little bowl of slap n Tickle (GMO x grape pie) and a few small dabs of crown royale and I'm feeling pretty groovy right now.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1758 on: December 11, 2022, 03:46:42 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/u1nFg9P

Took advantage of a flower sale. I fucking hate this dispensary because it has the biggest menu in town but doesn't publish terps, so you have no idea if what you're getting is a bunk batch or not. This trip was half disappointments, but also had a very pleasant surprise.

"Banana OG" is probably a little different than what you might be thinking of. It's actually Wedding Cake BX1 #3 crossed with a Banana OG F3, so quite different from the normal  banana OG. It doesn't smell like bananas at all and it's actually more of a spicy lime with mild skunkiness and some fruit. It's not super stanky, but very pleasant.

At any rate, for $22 I got a single nug 8th. This is supposed to be a budget brand, but it's consistently on par or better than the main label offerings lately. It's not even untrimmed or larfy or anything. You could have put this in a $45 jar and I would have been happy. Haven't smoked any, not quite ready to break this fat little fuck up yet. I'm hoping it keeps some of the indica leaning goodness of the namesake when I do.

Tropical thunder seems iffy. I've had it before and it was much better grown and had a really nice fruity taste, while this looks similar it smells more like spicy candy weed. Dunno if it's a diff strain or just none of the good tasting terps developed because of the shitty grow. I guess I'll find out when I smoke it.

Finally, the entire reason I made the trip - "Blueberry Bonds" from Highsman, or H as it's known here since you can't say high in my state (lol), by Ricky Williams (yes, the running back). It's actually just a rebranding of one of our existing growers, and this is the same DJ short blueberry I always get. It's a kind of weird batch.. Only has like half the myrcene it usually does so it has more of an earthy smell than just straight sweet blueberry goodness like it sometimes does. I left it in glass with a humidity booster overnight so hopefully that brings some more of the sweetness out. Gonna roll one up to smoke before football today.

Only thing I've tried so far is the crippy (Florida Kush) from our only all organic live soil grower and wooo-weeee its even better than the last time I had it. Straight piney, earthy OG goodness. I always find that if I take a break from strains like this for a while when I come back to them they're crazy effective. Just instant relaxation and all your pain disappears. After a few hits you're just sitting there with a mouth full of dirty pine funk and ear to ear grin. Great stuff.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #1759 on: December 11, 2022, 01:04:44 PM »
Been a min. Gimp Piss turned out to be something of weird mistress. As it was drying and curing it was pure stinky gas and litterbox smell. Now it had cured a little bit and its straight lemon pledge smell when broken up.

Taste is kinda bland tbh. It def doesn't taste as it smells. I broke off a couple bits into my smoking jar and here is what it looks like. Yeah i know the trimming is bad. It was and experiment of how bad you could mistreat a outdoor plant upstate NY summer.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1760 on: December 11, 2022, 04:25:56 PM »
Been a min. Gimp Piss turned out to be something of weird mistress. As it was drying and curing it was pure stinky gas and litterbox smell. Now it had cured a little bit and its straight lemon pledge smell when broken up.

Taste is kinda bland tbh. It def doesn't taste as it smells. I broke off a couple bits into my smoking jar and here is what it looks like. Yeah i know the trimming is bad. It was and experiment of how bad you could mistreat a outdoor plant upstate NY summer.

We may have been asking a bit much of an outdoor bag seed grow that you peed on haha. The trim is fine, I think of it like a haircut.. sometimes it looks better when it's a little messy. I guess commercial trim operations would be like when everyone lines up to get shaved at boot camp....sorry I'm baked.

Still sounds kinda fun. Lemon pledge always reminds me of the bud that would show up in August when all the college kids would come back to town with their best shit to show off. I'm assuming it was mostly various OG cuts since it was the turn of the century. By late November we'd be buying dimes of brick weed again and longing for something that smells like a clean bathroom.

That's actually kinda the same period the crippy I just posted about reminds me of. I'm sure nostalgia plays a role but I feel like the simplicity of those flavor profiles and the effects are just much more enjoyable for me. It's like the difference between a burger with 10 crazy toppings and a good steak with just salt and pepper on a hot grill...I'll take the well done simple one 99/100 times.

Ripped some of that blueberry. It smells better after being put in proper storage but it's just not a great batch. It does the job but it's a bit of a let down when you know how good the strain can be. I have an apple sundae rosin cart that's rocking my world right now though.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #1761 on: December 18, 2022, 01:52:29 PM »
I live in the eugene area, so theres weed on every corner. I turned 36 last week and have been looking for cbd/cbg flower in the area, but nothing really of note. All thc heavy. But I found eastforkandfriends.com which sells ounces for $50 shipped. Organically grown right here in OR. check 'em out

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1762 on: December 18, 2022, 07:12:15 PM »
I live in the eugene area, so theres weed on every corner. I turned 36 last week and have been looking for cbd/cbg flower in the area, but nothing really of note. All thc heavy. But I found eastforkandfriends.com which sells ounces for $50 shipped. Organically grown right here in OR. check 'em out

Most dispensaries here have a few cbd/cbg strains but they're buried deep on the menu. Are you looking for just CBD/G or do you want a little bit of thc as well? The ones I've tried are Ac/Dc, Harlequin, Charlotte's web, and sour life savers. They were all various ratios but the SLS at around 15% cbd 5% Thc was my favorite.

Not much going on here right now.

https://imgur.com/a/ThwxNMX

Ran out of Mac N Cheese and needed something for creativity and getting going  Unfortunately I went with something that I forgot kinda kicks my ass haha.

Kaliburst #49 (Kali jack x PT Starqueen)... A sweet, skunky Jack inspired hybrid. Lots of tropical fruit notes with a little musky orange BO on the bottom. Really delicious shit, like a very tropical cut of Jack Herer with a little cream and sweet spice underneath. It looks and smells like it would be an energetic strain and it delivers strongly on the cerebral, creative side, but it hits me like a strong indica hybrid in the body. If I smoke a full J of this shit I don't want to move a muscle. Playing a video game is too much effort. I just want to sit in front of the TV and watch long documentaries about ww2 planes.

I logically knew all of this, it was the same way last time I got it (I think it might even be the same batch) but for some reason my brain just looked at the terp profile and went "oh, that's good for the morning." It is not good for the morning haha.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1763 on: December 21, 2022, 01:46:03 AM »

The live soil guys put out a couple of new strains with $15 gram samplers. Grabbed some more crippy, but these are the ones I hadn't tried yet.

Grape Cream Cake (grape stomper x wedding cake x cherry pie) - Well I've been pretty into the grape strains lately, so this made sense. It's just grape cake slightly renamed. I've reviewed this before but it's one of the better candy strains I've tried, nice chilled out indica high.

Chem Brulee (Platinum kush x OG kush x GSC) - sadly this isn't a Chem cross despite the name. And it's not very chemmy. Interesting though, it's got a floral gassy tangie kinda thing going on. Strong head high, not super euphoric but it's there. Some heavy limbs and not feeling much pain. Very relaxing. Digging it.

Since I didn't realize that the grape cream cake is actually just grape cake (this is the dispensary that doesn't list any info beyond the name) I actually also got an 8th of grape cake from the budget grower that is sometimes good. It's gonna get ground up and go into Santa joints for Xmas eve.

I also grabbed a couple Blueberry Space Cake carts while they were in stock. Good batch too, 10% terps with 6% myrcene. Love this strain, it's got a blueberry coca cola thing and is really chilled out. One of my favorite vapes for sure.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1764 on: December 21, 2022, 03:35:37 AM »
^

speaking about grape strains, i got silver grapes rn, and i don't know what it is, but it's just tastes too intense like a cassis cough drop to me. it's weird, one of the few strains that tastes almost like flavored. like one of those grape or berry flavored vapes. it's mildly unsettling. i had it before more than a year ago. i have to say this grower is consistent. it tastes pretty much the same as before. very recognizable.

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1765 on: December 21, 2022, 03:16:48 PM »
Anyone in California fuck with Green Dragon? Their slogan is Quality Over Everything which is something I can get behind.

I've been pretty brand loyal to them since they opened a dispo nearby and I can get really good ounces for like $180 of their older stock. Reminds me of the glory days of dispo's in CA like 2011-2016. Finally can twist up when I feel like it and not feel bad for wasting good kush.

They've got a good variety and the ash is always white. I've been running them for damn near 3 years now and they are by far my go to.

Tic-Tac God

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1766 on: December 22, 2022, 04:16:47 PM »
Tire Fire was the most productive pot I've ever smoked. I'm a sativa guy always. Anyone out there familiar with this strain?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1767 on: December 24, 2022, 01:13:08 PM »
Tire Fire was the most productive pot I've ever smoked. I'm a sativa guy always. Anyone out there familiar with this strain?

Never heard of it. Do you know the genetics?

Xmas eve half off sale so I copped a bunch of carts and dabs including a really killer Pineapple express (trainwreck x Hawaiian) LLR cart with 9% terpinoline. Tastes like candy and feels like you smoked a full joint of trainwreck after a few hits.

They didn't have a ton of flower so I only grabbed one new strain but I picked a winner. Holy shit. Thanks Santa.

https://imgur.com/a/TnrO2Cz

Sunshine OG (OG Kush X Michigan Sunshine) - chemdawg and OG genetics combine in a unique way and produce yet another wonder-bud. This shit is killer. Really smooth smoke. Light floral fruit taste then a heavy pine finish that is strongly reminiscent of chemdawg. The high is amazing... Loads of energy, super happy, and oddly hyperfocused. I almost feel like I did coke but with zero anxiety. This is like a super strong version of the shit we would refer to as "headies" back in the day and is the kind of bud that powered all my teenage/college summer adventures. Can't overstate how happy I am to have found this strain. Even though it's really different from the usual sativas I tend to like (Durban poison, jack, golden goat, trainwreck etc) it has the potential to be my new go-to. I have to see how it handles in real world scenarios, but I think it's gonna be a really great addition to the arsenal.

Tic-Tac God

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1768 on: December 24, 2022, 05:28:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm way out of the loop on this, but I looked it up because my wife wants to grow me a plant. Turns out what I thought was the most amazing sativa I ever smoked is Indica dominant.

https://www.leafly.com/strains/tire-fire

Can't be the same pot. I guess we are in the unreliable early years of legal pot here in California. Consistency would be a nice perk, or maybe I should try to understand the bud better.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1769 on: December 25, 2022, 01:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm way out of the loop on this, but I looked it up because my wife wants to grow me a plant. Turns out what I thought was the most amazing sativa I ever smoked is Indica dominant.

https://www.leafly.com/strains/tire-fire

Can't be the same pot. I guess we are in the unreliable early years of legal pot here in California. Consistency would be a nice perk, or maybe I should try to understand the bud better.

Honestly with the degree of hybridization in modern Cannabis  Sativa/indica is pretty meaningless, plus some people use it to refer to the genetics and some people use it to refer to the effect rather than the actual lineage. A lot of the stuff I like for mornings is actually technically closer to a 50-50 hybrid but it works for me. It looks like tire fire has dosidos as a parent strain and the only time I've had that I found it to be kind of energetic despite others getting knocked out by it.