Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 718633 times)

Microforrest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2370 on: December 13, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »
You 56mm conical full boys do 1/8" risers or just tighten the shit out of your trucks so you don't wheel bite?
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2371 on: December 13, 2019, 02:52:35 PM »
I’m riding 1/4 risers for deeper turns/carves, which were originally for 66mm wheels and they work fine. 1/8 would be ok too I think.
niggling

[/quote]

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2372 on: December 13, 2019, 03:28:21 PM »
to add to that, 56mm F4s, how is street skating with you wheels?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2373 on: December 13, 2019, 04:04:35 PM »
Checking some tablets 55 vs Conicals 54. I want a bigger wheel, that's why tablets came into this. Any experience?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2374 on: December 13, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »
You 56mm conical full boys do 1/8" risers or just tighten the shit out of your trucks so you don't wheel bite?
Neither, they were perfect with loose Indys, almost perfect with ace 44s. Never had wheelbite problems with the Indys, not too much wheelbite with the aces but after riding Indy 149s the last 10 years I know where it’s gonna wheelbite better then any other truck for me.
Edit: also I only street skate with them, don’t really go to parks much, when I do it’s with them. Perfect all around wheel for me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:58:38 PM by Weezil »

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2375 on: December 13, 2019, 04:36:09 PM »
Checking some tablets 55 vs Conicals 54. I want a bigger wheel, that's why tablets came into this. Any experience?

If you’re using them as an all-around, not a hard cruiser wheel, I’d got for the conicals, as the shape would probably be better getting in and out of grinds, but i think the tablets are wider across, so maybe more comfortable ride?? unless you like square wheels, I’d say conicals
niggling

[/quote]

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2376 on: December 14, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Neither, they were perfect with loose Indys, almost perfect with ace 44s. Never had wheelbite problems with the Indys, not too much wheelbite with the aces but after riding Indy 149s the last 10 years I know where it’s gonna wheelbite better then any other truck for me.
Edit: also I only street skate with them, don’t really go to parks much, when I do it’s with them. Perfect all around wheel for me.

I ride Thunder 148s Titanium hollows with stock bushings broken in to be loose. I did the same thing with 147s standards before, both using 56 conical fulls and never a riser. It's rare I'll wheelbite to the point of full stop so I've never ever even thought about it.

I'm only considering risers for the sake of pop but even that I'm kinda like "meh"

I also skate 80% street on less than ideal ground and I only keep one set up.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #2377 on: December 15, 2019, 07:06:04 AM »

On a shaped/more than 9in board I do 1/8 risers and on popsicle/sub 9in no risers. And loose (no bottom washer).

spacial_profiling

« Reply #2378 on: December 15, 2019, 07:08:09 AM »
to add to that, 56mm F4s, how is street skating with you wheels?

Great! Smooth when needed and burly when needed. Also I find the wide riding surface great for manual tricks. Love the way the shape locks in on grinds. And it slides great but still has great control. I’m talking 99’s.

Starm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2379 on: December 16, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
Does anyone here know the specs for the 58mm radials? They only list the radials up to 56mm on the spitfire website.

spacial_profiling

« Reply #2380 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Beautiful white F4s back in stock. Neckface collabs as well and they look fucking sick.

The beloved 99a Conical Fulls in 53 and 55mm is one of them.  Not sure why they wouldn’t include the most popular Conical Full size (54mm) but oh well.

You guys are lucky I’m sharing this info... I could have been a dick and bought up all the 53mm Conical Fulls but it’s the holidays and I can’t justify spending more money on myself.  I should probably buy a set before they’re gone though.  Wish they did some Neckface 99a Radial Slims. :/

99a Conical Full Neckface x Rowan (53 & 55mm)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Rowan_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NRWH.html

99a F4 Classic Neckface x Spanky (52 & 54mm)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Spanky_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NSWH.html

99a F4 Radial Neckface x Kader (58mm)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Kader_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NKWH.html

99a F4 Radial Neckface x Kader (54 & 58mm)
https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/parts/wheels/spitfire/f4-99-kader-neckface-radial-wheels-white-pid-53792

Those are the cheapest I found them ($34.99).  Enjoy.
[close]
Damn Skatewarehouse is doing 15% off too. Thanks Woos.
[close]

No problem, enjoy!  I hope they did a decent sized run because these things are going to sell like crazy.

Update: Looks like Skatewarehouse is temporarily not allowing people to but those wheels but they should be soon, idk when though.  Tactics has them for $34.99 as well and I believe they have free shipping for everyone at any price currently.  If it’s showing a shipping charge try clearing your cookies, use a VPN or use a different browser/computer/phone.

Skatepark of Tampa 20% off code “Tampa Am”

spacial_profiling

« Reply #2381 on: December 16, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »
Does anyone here know the specs for the 58mm radials? They only list the radials up to 56mm on the spitfire website.

Wide af. Wider than fulls I think just from looking at them in real life. Def eyeing getting a set.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:30:59 PM by spacial_profiling »

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2382 on: December 16, 2019, 05:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wide af. Wider than fulls I think just from looking at them in real life. Def eyeing getting a set.

Top = 58mm Kader Radial Full
Bottom = 56mm Conical Full

Not sure how different these Kader shaped ones are, but here's a comparison. Same contact patch, much rounder and a tad wider due to this. Beautiful wheels. I switch between the two.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 08:31:07 PM by texasplant »

Starm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2383 on: December 17, 2019, 10:49:08 AM »
Those look nice, might have to get a set of the new 58mm Neckface wheels.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2384 on: December 17, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
Just ordered some tablets 99 55mm
Pretty stoked for whatever reason
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2385 on: December 17, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
tablets are a sexy shape. i'd be excited and 55mm meaning 23mm riding surface and only 33mm width, closest thing to that is 54mm conical full with 22mm riding surface / 34mm width

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2386 on: December 17, 2019, 12:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
tablets are a sexy shape. i'd be excited and 55mm meaning 23mm riding surface and only 33mm width, closest thing to that is 54mm conical full with 22mm riding surface / 34mm width
Exactly. I wanted conical fulls but couldn't find so tablets were an interesting alternative
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2387 on: December 19, 2019, 04:31:35 PM »
Just threw together a smaller tech setup with Thunders and 52mm conical fulls, thinking about getting 54mm classics. Pros/cons? Classics worse for tranny? Better for ledges?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2388 on: December 20, 2019, 05:13:15 AM »
Just threw together a smaller tech setup with Thunders and 52mm conical fulls, thinking about getting 54mm classics. Pros/cons? Classics worse for tranny? Better for ledges?
Come on, all wheels are basically gonna do the same thing right? Actually now that I think about it, I probably feel that way because I’m not very good at skating. These small differences that I’ve tried and never real notice anything different, might make a big difference to someone at a higher skill level than me.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2389 on: December 20, 2019, 07:09:22 AM »
I'd say classics are better for tranny being a bigger size (less lock ups on coping) and the smaller conical fulls would be better for ledges, more clearance for nose/tailslides and better lock with the hard edge that the fulls have.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2390 on: December 20, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Thunders and 54mm classics.

Wheelbite alarm.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2391 on: December 20, 2019, 07:50:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wheelbite alarm.
I have 55 conicals right now on a thunder RIP

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2392 on: December 20, 2019, 07:57:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Wheelbite alarm.
[close]

Not even, been runnin that shit for years, no problems here
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

spacial_profiling

« Reply #2393 on: December 20, 2019, 08:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Top = 58mm Kader Radial Full
Bottom = 56mm Conical Full

Not sure how different these Kader shaped ones are, but here's a comparison. Same contact patch, much rounder and a tad wider due to this. Beautiful wheels. I switch between the two.

Dope! Thanks for the pic. Confirmed my suspicion.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2394 on: December 20, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »
I got a set of 51mm tablets, coming from bones 50mm v3s maybe (the skinniest ones). I switched because I thought the bones were too sticky and most of my buddies ride spitfire. I like them fine they skate great although feel the same in terms of slickness to the bones. The only thing I don’t like is that they seem so much bigger looking at them but side by side the difference is pretty minimal. I like small skinny wheels went with the tablets over 50mm classics due to them being skinnier. All in all I like them. If they made them in 49mm I’d be stoked but I suppose they will be that small soon enough.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #2395 on: December 20, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Wheelbite alarm.
[close]
[close]

Riding thunder 147’s with 54mm Classics and minimal wheelbite.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2396 on: December 21, 2019, 03:50:41 AM »
First time in a really long time that I got big wheels:

Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2397 on: December 23, 2019, 12:26:19 AM »
So I didn’t even need to order them...

My brother hooked it up with some Conical Full 99a 53s and some Ace 44s.

I normally don’t give a fuck about wheel graphics but these look amazing. Killer graphic and the quality of the print is A1.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Wheelbite alarm.
[close]
[close]

[close]

Riding thunder 147’s with 54mm Classics and minimal wheelbite.

You got lucky with a good shape then.  Or you ride tight trucks.  I can’t imagine riding anything bigger than 52mm with most shapes I’ve used mine on.  The Quasi I’m currently riding I could probably ride 52s but the BBS shop board I had recently was a struggle with 52s... wheelbite city.

Keep in mind I have forged baseplates.  If you go non-forged and 148+ you can get away with 54s though.  That’s what Foy rides and his trucks are loose.  147s are just so low though...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:09:35 AM by Woos »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2398 on: December 23, 2019, 01:54:48 AM »
anyone ever ride/see the radial slims in 56mm? i feel like that size doesnt really exist
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #2399 on: December 23, 2019, 06:04:24 AM »
Thinking of going 101a. Too slick for indoor parks? Noticeably faster? Let me know, pals. Shalom!