Author Topic: PIzzAa PizzAzz  (Read 3123 times)

Hexagon

PIzzAa PizzAzz
« on: April 13, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »
You tell  me? Minus fat guy shop turds who quit years ago, but have an opinion. Enlighten me as to why so many little well off new age latch key kids are up in this shit? For real, I'm sick of seeing your parents paychecks on your new sb's, etc. Props to the kids who work and bust it for their wares, but everytime I hit a park I see some lame ass fuck who sucks bob dylan's dick or insert whatever 60's psych cliche/who's parents co-signed on their scion's as well as their new gagdet ass camera. Pretending they're too cool toward everyone. Skateboarding is for the brats these days. Much respect for anyone who holds it down outside their own bullshit facade.

Probably just misguided aggression on my part, but shit, this has been taxing my mind lately. New breed or no, there are vast differences in the so called skate scene. I welcome any input negative or positive. Maybe a fellow pal can reword my intent better, but shit, these "in" kids are straight regular these days.

P.S. modern meaning in current time, I must of misused the actual meaning, but catch my drift.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:25:44 AM by Hexagon »

annoyedwithskating

i wish my parents would have bought me shoes and skateboards when i was a kid. i also wish they told me that i could achieve my goals. i wish they would have encouraged me to go to school, and explained a lot of the difficult life issues that i would have to face. it would have been nice if i wouldnt have had to be moved away from my friends to live in some bullshit small redneck town either. also, they could have told me that religion is bullshit and that life is complicated and fascinating, and that there are people who are genuine, just not that many, but not to get overwhelmed by all of the assholes.

BraveUlysses

I love Bob Dylan and 60s rock

Eddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
sorry is this thread about frustrated people? let me jump in

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
As a representative of all latch key kids let me tell you we are poor as fuck.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
the kids today got no respect because they really don't know the meaning of the word. 
when i was younger and you got out of line, they'd snap your board and send you packing.  my board got thrown into a funky pool and i didn't get to skate for a month because i pissed off one of the older skaters at a party.  that was the first and last time i stepped out of line.   
i'd like to see more of this happen when some little shit rolls up trying to vibe/one-up someone.  i know half the parks in NYC would be litter with broken boards, the other half would be in the east river or the hudson.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
honestly, i don't experience the vibing and one upping all that often but i also don't going out of my way looking for it. 
i really only notice it when somene points it out but even then, i'm usually too busy skating, drinking and minding my own business to even care.
as far as hammond goes, grim is over there and he trains his padawans well.  i tried for a while but most of my efforts fall on deaf ears and all the sudden, i'm giving lectures, pep talks and acting like someones dad.   i've pretty much given up on giving a shit.  i speak when i absolutely need to, otherwise i ignore everyone and everything around me/  its much less stressful this way and i can focus on skating and my own well being.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
nah, went to college in NC but never been to hammond.  i just know grim has smalltime skates and has his heart in the right place.  hes mentioned his philosophies and such when it comes to creating a positive vibe and pointing his guys in the right direction.  i'm sure if i ever get a license, a car, some money and i happened to roll down that way, i'll definitely be stopping by.  thats a lot of ifs but it could happen!

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
Kids are kids.  They figure it out.  I don't shit on them unless there doing stupid shit like dropping in on people.  It's my experience that they just learn from the people around them... if the general vibe is good then they go with it.  They figure out the etiquette thing... most of em anyway.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
I try to get along with everyone and mind my own skating. Because I get so little time to do it, bullshit gets dealt with real quick. I don't have time to let anyone fuck with me when I skate.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
meh, not just skaters, pretty much all kids these days are pricks...with guns and knives...
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
pretty much all kids these days are pricks

Giovanni Falcone

Hey man I'm with you. Ever since the 1970's things have been going downhill. I remember when a skateboard was a skateboard, and going downhill meant you put on on the oven mits. Baskin Robbins helmet sundae cowabunga on all those bogus black flys kooks. 

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
to be fair, there are a lot of kids like the ones you're talking about. On the flipside, the last few times I've skated at parks I've ended up talking to some kid who just really likes skating and isn't trying to vibe anyone or be an asshole, and the kid is usually stoked I'm not being an asshole to them. Most of the assholes around here are rollerbladers, because a couple of them think they might go pro (and think that might one day mean something).
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

jay

• Rep: -80
This thread is so lame...remember when you were a teenager and you heard older people bitching about how kids lacked respect and how it was so much better in their day?  You have all officially become those same people.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
I cleaned out my magazine collection of two huge boxes from 2002-2008 by dropping them off at the local skatepark.  Fun watching these kids tear into them like piranhas knowing some of them hadn't even started when those issues were printed.  Kids who got heart, I got their back and will flow them used boards or whatever.  Kids without clues got nothing to stand on.  The other day, some kid asked me if I was skating some DCs and my reply was, "Fuck no, I ain't got no disease."  I fuck with the kids that need fucking with.  The ones with talent and respect and humility will always be cool with me.

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
you think everyone should kiss your ass just because your 20 and they're 17?
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
I cleaned out my magazine collection of two huge boxes from 2002-2008 by dropping them off at the local skatepark.  Fun watching these kids tear into them like piranhas knowing some of them hadn't even started when those issues were printed.  Kids who got heart, I got their back and will flow them used boards or whatever.  Kids without clues got nothing to stand on.  The other day, some kid asked me if I was skating some DCs and my reply was, "Fuck no, I ain't got no disease."  I fuck with the kids that need fucking with.  The ones with talent and respect and humility will always be cool with me.

Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Hexagon

It's cool I hit the blunt and changed my mind, this thread is about pizza now:

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: PIzzAa PizzAzz
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 02:37:24 AM »
where i skate theres quite a mix, theres only a couple kids that keep going on and on about weed (who are about 12) and "tricks theyve done" when they obviously havnt done them but most of them are good kids just trying to skate.

I was actually quite inspired by this one kid who tries for a trick for like an hour every time i see him, eats shit on every attempt but keeps trying at the point where my mates would say something like "im over it"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
you think everyone should kiss your ass just because your 20 and they're 17?

No.  I'm 36 and they're in they're teens.  I'm not a horder and showing them a world before the berrics and nike everything is an easy way to enlighten them.

BriDen

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 07:06:34 AM »

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 08:56:42 AM »
Kids don't skate enough street, they really need to leave the park. I learned and experience, good and bad, skating the streets. Seriously, it was one of the best times in my life. Having a group of friend skating around a town or city is something a park can never do.

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »

beat me to it ( by a couple of hours)

Sexy Alf

• Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
pizza > pizazz

agorex

• Rep: -3
  • bitch be willin
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 03:34:19 PM »
i feel like getting an extra large pizza tonight

manonthemoon

• Rep: 65
  • Yeup.
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »
Red peppers, bacon, and pepperoni, now that's a pizza.
Wake up.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
Pizza punks forever!
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »
I got a pepperoni pizza cooking now. I can't wait.

As for kids, there are some spoiled ones. Like this one kid, probably about 10, bitching about his mom not buying him an Iphone saying, "It's only 100 dollars!". Fuck that noise. I think it's kids in general though, not just skateboarders.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
I used to struggle with this rich skater mom buys you whatever you want kid shit too, then when I sat down and thought abou it, I realized I was just bitter because I had a job when I was 14, just so I could afford to skate, and a ton of the other kids got to go home after school and watch TGIF and took their free time for granted. 
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.