Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 564339 times)

Logic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #5100 on: July 25, 2023, 11:30:10 PM »
Yakuza Judgement. Just love walking through busy Tokyo streets first person, but unfortunately is lacking in the variety of minigames some of the other mainline games are known for.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #5101 on: July 26, 2023, 07:21:04 AM »
Yakuza Judgement. Just love walking through busy Tokyo streets first person, but unfortunately is lacking in the variety of minigames some of the other mainline games are known for.

The drone racing is pretty fun. I really love that game, story and tone are super good. Haven't started Last Judgment yet which I've heard is an improvement in every area except story.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5102 on: July 31, 2023, 05:51:25 PM »
can't stand Demon's Souls.
I played DS1 and can't believe how little is explained this time around.

On to Ghost of Tsushima and FF7 remake and
back to God of War
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 03:25:24 PM by Carrolls Chesthairs »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5103 on: August 01, 2023, 12:22:14 PM »
can't stand Demon's Souls.
I played DS1 and can't believe how little is explained this time around.

On to Ghost of Tsushima and FF7 remake

I'd take Demon's Souls over Dark Souls any day personally... things should be mostly familiar if you've played Dark Souls already, just have to read item descriptions to figure out what's what. Only real difference is World Tendency/Character Tendency

.Blackshoes.

« Reply #5104 on: August 02, 2023, 02:01:46 PM »
Grand Theft Auto 3. I hate the side missions.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
« Reply #5105 on: August 02, 2023, 04:41:37 PM »
Almost to the end of FF16.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #5106 on: August 02, 2023, 05:05:43 PM »
I completed the demo over the weekend and loved it. Need to pick up the full game on payday.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5107 on: August 03, 2023, 09:58:47 AM »

I've played games constantly for two decades+ now but for whatever reason I played FF16 for a few hours a couple of weeks ago and woke up the next day with my index finger in pain and very swollen and it's still bothering me weeks later. That's the dodge finger on the default layout which you definitely do a ton of. I've been trying to not play anything and take it easy but I'm itching to get back on and beat that game but kind of unsure of what to do at the moment. It kind of aches regularly, is inflamed compared to the finger on the other hand and if I try to curl it up the joints are tight.

Definitely the stupidest injury I've had

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1951
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5108 on: August 05, 2023, 06:13:51 AM »
Got my gaming laptop setup at the hotel room I'm staying in, good thing I packed a HDMI cable to hook up to the TV. Spend some time with the new TNMT game and caught up with the Last of Us. No socializing and a beer in the room is a good evening.

Had a blast with 3 player (me, my brother, his son) on TMNT, it would have been 4 players but we gave his daughter an unplugged controller to mash buttons to "help".
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #5109 on: August 05, 2023, 08:34:12 PM »
Finally got around to Resident Evil 4 Remake. 6 chapters in and its great, the mechanics are a little repetitive but still satisfying. The visuals and boss battles are the highlights so far, the Mendez battle in particular is really fun.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5110 on: August 07, 2023, 08:39:28 AM »
Finally got around to Resident Evil 4 Remake. 6 chapters in and its great, the mechanics are a little repetitive but still satisfying. The visuals and boss battles are the highlights so far, the Mendez battle in particular is really fun.

The village overstays it's welcome a little bit but things pick up a ton at the Castle

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #5111 on: August 13, 2023, 06:08:32 PM »
baldur's gate 3 rocks
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5112 on: August 14, 2023, 11:17:26 AM »
baldur's gate 3 rocks

Started it yesterday and having a blast so far though it's a lot to take in at first, I have some limited D&D experience fortunately though

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -519
« Reply #5113 on: August 16, 2023, 08:56:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The village overstays it's welcome a little bit but things pick up a ton at the Castle

Such a weird span of locations in an amazing game.

Mywm

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5114 on: August 21, 2023, 09:57:36 AM »
Just got a PS4, so I'm trying a bunch of random stuff from the PSN Plus Extra.
Right now I'm playing Riders Republic. Biking downhill is nice, but the snowboarding feels a bit off to me. Doing big air stuff is not my cup of tea and the jibbing is pretty stiff. Press/butter mechanics seem pretty limited too. And the whole games as a service shit going on is hard to stomach. I don't see myself sticking with the game for too long,

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5115 on: August 22, 2023, 07:20:32 AM »
Right now I'm playing Riders Republic. Biking downhill is nice, but the snowboarding feels a bit off to me. Doing big air stuff is not my cup of tea and the jibbing is pretty stiff. Press/butter mechanics seem pretty limited too. And the whole games as a service shit going on is hard to stomach. I don't see myself sticking with the game for too long,

Never played it but they're adding skateboarding to that

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 269
« Reply #5116 on: September 01, 2023, 11:58:23 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5117 on: September 02, 2023, 06:34:11 AM »
Been playing a ton of Armored Core 6 the past week, game is so fun. About halfway through my NG+ run, plan on going through NG++ as there's a bunch of additional missions and content that are exclusive to the third playthrough. Getting to a tough boss and tweaking your build to counteract it is super fun and engaging.

Mywm

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5118 on: September 02, 2023, 10:20:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't see the skating working well in the game. It is really focused on big air stuff. It has a dual-stick setup and the right analog is just for prepping your shoulders to rotate in the air and doing off-axis flips. I don't really look forward to doing corks while skating. The grinding physics are pretty simplistic and the control scheme doesn't support many tricks.
The game doesn't have lip tricks, but I think they are adding it. If that works well, maybe it will be decent for vert gameplay.

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #5119 on: September 03, 2023, 03:41:33 PM »
I don't want to spend money on another game right now so I'm playing the original Armored Core until AC6 goes on sale.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #5120 on: September 03, 2023, 04:12:39 PM »
I don't want to spend money on another game right now so I'm playing the original Armored Core until AC6 goes on sale.

If you’re on PC it’s not the most ethical but if you can’t afford it and really wanna play here’s this.

https://fitgirl-repacks.site/armored-core-6/

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #5121 on: September 03, 2023, 04:14:46 PM »
Has anyone’s performance for Starfield on PC been absolute garbage? I have a pretty good setup but it constantly stutters/softfreezes whenever enemies are on the screen. Super fun game otherwise.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1951
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5122 on: September 03, 2023, 08:32:11 PM »
The Last of Us on PC, updated to 1.1.2 and I'm still crashing randomly and killing any momentum I have in the game.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #5123 on: September 03, 2023, 09:10:27 PM »
finally won a game of civ 6 after playing it (not nonstop but frequently) for 2 months. I really play video games aside from session, but I've been totally immersed in civ. what a deeply satisfying and addicting game.

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #5124 on: September 04, 2023, 12:28:38 PM »
Thanks for the link Dante, it's crazy it's already available like that. It does look like an amazing game I'll have to buy it eventually.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5125 on: September 05, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't see the skating working well in the game. It is really focused on big air stuff. It has a dual-stick setup and the right analog is just for prepping your shoulders to rotate in the air and doing off-axis flips. I don't really look forward to doing corks while skating. The grinding physics are pretty simplistic and the control scheme doesn't support many tricks.
The game doesn't have lip tricks, but I think they are adding it. If that works well, maybe it will be decent for vert gameplay.

I'm sure it won't be great but the skating is more trying to mimic Skate and park focused by the looks of it

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5126 on: September 05, 2023, 10:59:47 AM »
Thanks for the link Dante, it's crazy it's already available like that. It does look like an amazing game I'll have to buy it eventually.

It's fantastic, about to finish my NG++ run tonight. Not sure if I'm going to try to S-Rank all missions or not as there's a ton of them.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5127 on: September 05, 2023, 11:46:37 AM »
Has anyone’s performance for Starfield on PC been absolute garbage? I have a pretty good setup but it constantly stutters/softfreezes whenever enemies are on the screen. Super fun game otherwise.

What brand graphics card? If you have an Nvidia RTX then get the mod that swaps FSR for DLSS and you'll get way better performance

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #5128 on: September 05, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What brand graphics card? If you have an Nvidia RTX then get the mod that swaps FSR for DLSS and you'll get way better performance

It’s a AMD RX6600 maybe not the best honestly the Ryzen 9 is the star of the build. It turns out the game was running so bad because it was installed on my hard drive instead of my SSD. This also opened my eyes up to how much having an SSD matters.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5129 on: September 06, 2023, 07:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s a AMD RX6600 maybe not the best honestly the Ryzen 9 is the star of the build. It turns out the game was running so bad because it was installed on my hard drive instead of my SSD. This also opened my eyes up to how much having an SSD matters.

Nice, I'd definitely mess around with the FSR too then and see if it helps