Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71954 times)

scary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »
Whole thread in tears that they didn’t get their own strain

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2020, 03:03:24 PM »
real question is will he ever develop some power in his skating like tyshawn did or will he skate like a little kid forever stop begging for weed money on his IG now

ftfy

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »
Ya'll are catty.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2020, 03:10:45 PM »
Nike Kader is ripping..

His style is getting really good and he looks great in Dunks.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
Everybody’s been saying he’ll go to FA for years but for some reason I think he’ll stay on Baker. Maybe just wishful thinking. I’ve seen Reynolds and Kader joke with each other on Instagram about him of Baker at this point but he’s still there.

Sick edit and he looks good in dunks. Get paid Kader.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike Kader is ripping..

[close]

style is significantly better than a year ago, for sure. way more relaxed and less little kid

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

BL0B

• Rep: 416
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »
this is that Scram board he does the nollie bs flip & switch flip on, pretty crazy.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »
Imagine being a grown man and mad about any of this. If this means more food on his and his family's plate then of fucking course he's gonna take the deal, who wouldn't?

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
Wow what a hard decision. Most people would kill for a shoe sponsor. Win-win, good for Kader.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »
this is that Scram board he does the nollie bs flip & switch flip on, pretty crazy.

What size venture would you need for those?!!

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2020, 04:09:10 PM »
Imagine being a grown man and mad about any of this. If this means more food on his and his family's plate then of fucking course he's gonna take the deal, who wouldn't?
Literally nobody is mad here except you, we’re just discussing his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping, not trying to stop the kid being able to provide for his family. Chill out ya gimp.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2020, 04:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Literally nobody is mad here except you, we’re just discussing his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping, not trying to stop the kid being able to provide for his family. Chill out ya gimp.

Look man, I know you're quasi-illiterate, but being upset about "his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping" is exactly what I was referring to when I said "any of this". Hope this helps.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ace 66s in a pinch
ThankyouVenture

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2020, 04:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im going to guess he rides 5.8s. wild guess.
i wonder what size board/trucks he rides regularly. most folks were very into his little kid on 169s schtick, it may have helped his flick, but his kit now is better. scram is rad, and it was cool seeing that board in his part.

i thought both versions of the part were cool. thought the person walking in the beginning with the mask was staged

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »
When I graduated college last year, I had a job lined up and started just two weeks after my graduation. It was a decent job that I really enjoyed for the most part, my supervisor and boss were super supportive, and my coworkers were cool enough. It paid decently enough too. I wasn't balling, but I wasn't hurting for money either. I quit that job only two months in because I got an unexpected offer for an even better job. It paid better, was closer to where I lived, and offered great benefits. I felt super bad about quitting so early into that first job starting, but I would've been a fool not to take this other job. I'm still working that job right now, as we speak (shout out being able to work remotely during this pandemic).

Was I very fortunate and privileged to be able to get both jobs? Absolutely yes. Would anyone say I sold out for doing what I did? Probably not. Respect to Kader for taking advantage of the opportunities he's earned.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2020, 04:52:14 PM »
I really think vans could have and should have out bid whatever the offer was. Whatever you think of Kader's productiveness, his following is huge these days.

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2020, 04:56:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

im going to guess he rides 5.8s. wild guess.
i wonder what size board/trucks he rides regularly. most folks were very into his little kid on 169s schtick, it may have helped his flick, but his kit now is better. scram is rad, and it was cool seeing that board in his part.

i thought both versions of the part were cool. thought the person walking in the beginning with the mask was staged
For sure. A person wearing vans in his goodbye vans part, in the beginning no less. they should have someone in dunks walking by to really seal the deal.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »

imagine being on a grown man on a message board that's known for talking shit and getting mad when people talk shit

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
He actually looks good in Nikes. And it’s extremely rare that I like seeing Nike Sb on skaters feet.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2020, 05:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike Kader is ripping..

[close]

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »
When I graduated college last year, I had a job lined up and started just two weeks after my graduation. It was a decent job that I really enjoyed for the most part, my supervisor and boss were super supportive, and my coworkers were cool enough. It paid decently enough too. I wasn't balling, but I wasn't hurting for money either. I quit that job only two months in because I got an unexpected offer for an even better job. It paid better, was closer to where I lived, and offered great benefits. I felt super bad about quitting so early into that first job starting, but I would've been a fool not to take this other job. I'm still working that job right now, as we speak (shout out being able to work remotely during this pandemic).

Was I very fortunate and privileged to be able to get both jobs? Absolutely yes. Would anyone say I sold out for doing what I did? Probably not. Respect to Kader for taking advantage of the opportunities he's earned.

Advertising gig by chance?

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

imagine being on a grown man on a message board that's known for talking shit and getting mad when people talk shit

Sure, I guess it just strikes me strange when people over the age of 30 are pocket-watching and emotionally invested in the professional actions of near-children.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 05:40:47 PM by HotnSpicyMcChicken »

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2020, 05:27:16 PM »
He’s really fucking good.  Whatever’s to the rest.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »
I don't get the 'loyalty' comments people keep bringing up. Should I still be working at McDonalds because they offered me my first job as a 16 year old?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2020, 05:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lack of loyalty? He's been on Vans for what, two years? You still at the same job you had when you were 18? You're literally a fucking idiot. All the way down to the studs.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • Free Max B
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2020, 05:35:36 PM »
yall are trippin like some real weirdos over here talmbout this kid (actual childs) "loyalty" to VF corp... this aint the fucking z-boys. taking a better deal to wear subjectively the only other shoes worth skating in let alone getting paid to skate in for presumably much more money.

dude looks like a fuckin G in those dunks and why the hell are all of you convinced him and reynolds are suddenly on bad terms. unless im missing something he said publicly hes probably hyped kader is getting money. but those Griffey dunks came out a minute ago so how long has he really been skating in dunks in secret lol.

2:02 is that a fucking supreme x baker tshirt? supremes done some really dumb edgelord collabs the last few years but thats fuckin sick if real. even if its not real someone send me one.

free max b
FREE MAX B

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2020, 05:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Lack of loyalty? He's been on Vans for what, two years? You still at the same job you had when you were 18? You're literally a fucking idiot. All the way down to the studs.

^This

All of you are out here acting as if Van's brought Kader up or something, stuck with him through the rough times, he's not a vans kid like Curren Caples. All you guys throwing a fit over his loyalty to fucking VF Corp... while he's still gonna be cashing VF cheques every month anyway. Sponsor hopping on board sponsors, maybe that's kind of weird, like switching cliques/friends, but cmon guys does anything other than that make much of a difference? people still blowing a gasket over him swapping a truck sponsor, are you actually processing what you're complaining about?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2020, 06:14:04 PM »

I was already sick of him before i saw a single clip but now i get it. Dude rips.

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2020, 07:51:48 PM »
I don't know, I doubt Nike is giving him a better offer.... or any offer outside of flowed shoes.

Not right now, during a pandemic, when the brand can't afford to renew any of their contracts that are expiring during these times, in big team sports as well as skateboarding. A lot of their track and field athletes have been seen training in other brands.They can't pay to keep relatively cheap contracts for legends like Gino, why would you think they could throw money at Kader?

He was gonna get royalties from that era shoe that some shops already have right? Why bail on that right before it comes out, and breach contract or whatever? Because I doubt VF Vans would have let him have a shoe come out without a contract that held him at least during the whole season of his colorway release.

And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2020, 07:56:52 PM »
I don't know, I doubt Nike is giving him a better offer.... or any offer outside of flowed shoes.

Not right now, during a pandemic, when the brand can't afford to renew any of their contracts that are expiring during these times, in big team sports as well as skateboarding. A lot of their track and field athletes have been seen training in other brands.They can't pay to keep relatively cheap contracts for legends like Gino, why would you think they could throw money at Kader?

He was gonna get royalties from that era shoe that some shops already have right? Why bail on that right before it comes out, and breach contract or whatever? Because I doubt VF Vans would have let him have a shoe come out without a contract that held him at least during the whole season of his colorway release.

And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.

nah kader is has influence, I went to my local and half the baker boards say kader on em. Nike will pay money if they can turn a profit of a person. I can see it now him skating some hyped up travis scott dunk colorway or being in a edit for supreme dunks or some shit and muh fukkas just coppin. so they could have given him a good deal