Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71954 times)

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -28
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2020, 07:07:25 PM »
Didn't Vans buy Supreme? So he still rides for them technically.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »
And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.
The chief keef song he used in the instagram version of the edit was "finally rich" lmao. If anything that's worse

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2020, 11:53:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
young skaters want chief keef sosa but the filmers only want wu tang and a tribe called quest :(
[close]

No. Young skaters want Rosemary Clooney's Botch-A-Me and filmers want Van Morrison drunk as hell in the Last Waltz.
[close]
Haha, that is an epic performance (apparently he has crippling stage fright). Either way, Mesa using Caravan for Bobby Puleo's part in Penal Code is masterful.

Vans best song is the Cleaning Windows live version

Thoughts ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2020, 11:54:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't know, I doubt Nike is giving him a better offer.... or any offer outside of flowed shoes.

Not right now, during a pandemic, when the brand can't afford to renew any of their contracts that are expiring during these times, in big team sports as well as skateboarding. A lot of their track and field athletes have been seen training in other brands.They can't pay to keep relatively cheap contracts for legends like Gino, why would you think they could throw money at Kader?

He was gonna get royalties from that era shoe that some shops already have right? Why bail on that right before it comes out, and breach contract or whatever? Because I doubt VF Vans would have let him have a shoe come out without a contract that held him at least during the whole season of his colorway release.

And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.

The insta version is a chief keef song which is more fitting. The tribe had to be strobecks choice, dude definitely is having fun pairing 90s music with kids playing dress up
[close]
The tribe song chosen isn’t a diss track to anyone in particular, it is just calling out the state of the industry at the time, similar to De La Soul’s Stake is High which has much more obvious shots in it.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2020, 05:48:11 AM »
I’m pretty sure this is just a temporary stop on the way to that Cariuma contract.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 110
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2020, 05:53:55 AM »
I’m pretty sure this is just a temporary stop on the way to that Cariuma contract.

Are there any scientologists of colour?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2020, 07:04:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Chef from South Park and Michael Pena

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2020, 07:10:18 AM »
slap is so weird some times. there are pages and pages of threads talking about how big shoe companies are ruining skateboarding, and fucking over skate shops, but as soon as a pro jump ship to nike, thats just water under the bridge.

bunch of money slaves

probably same people supporting Clarke & LV

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2020, 07:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They got Michael Pena?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »
Been had Pena
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
if someone sends me that kader weed i can confirm or deny allegations that hes a sellout
[close]
425 a Q though? Your gonna have to put in some more than that to open up talks.

Seriously tho, whose smoked it?

425 a q sounds really fucking dumb. Either NY is on some dumb shit or it's more like 120-150 for a q. Still fucking stupid crazy price but hey...that's how the dispensaries do it.
The chillest1

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2020, 10:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if someone sends me that kader weed i can confirm or deny allegations that hes a sellout
[close]
[close]
Am I tripping or is that about 3 times more than it should be? Is this like a luxury brand thing? I'm genuinely asking.

According to the IG, it's not on the West Coast yet but it does have to be packaged to be legally sold in California (although this law is taking a long time to get enforced.) I get the wild packaging because I think it just has to be sealed and then you're free to do something interesting but it still seems like it's spendy.
I got it wrong it was about 375 off rip but went up to 400 a quarter. It was a supreme collab so maybe its that.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2020, 10:16:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Am I tripping or is that about 3 times more than it should be? Is this like a luxury brand thing? I'm genuinely asking.

According to the IG, it's not on the West Coast yet but it does have to be packaged to be legally sold in California (although this law is taking a long time to get enforced.) I get the wild packaging because I think it just has to be sealed and then you're free to do something interesting but it still seems like it's spendy.
[close]
I got it wrong it was about 375 off rip but went up to 400 a quarter. It was a supreme collab so maybe its that.
Is weed going up in price?? I was used to paying 10/g even sometimes 5/g for mids but now it’s all 15/g.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2020, 10:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

made me think of this

Sandygoat

• THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2020, 11:16:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Is weed going up in price?? I was used to paying 10/g even sometimes 5/g for mids but now it’s all 15/g.
With all the legalization I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go up.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2020, 11:36:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
There's definitely been some pandemic related inflation. Prices have definitely been all over the place but I haven't seen any prices triple. My local is currently getting 18/g for top shelf and that's up from 15/g. Supreme collab makes sense I guess but they can fuck right of with that. Premium denim horseshit
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2020, 02:00:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
There's definitely been some pandemic related inflation. Prices have definitely been all over the place but I haven't seen any prices triple. My local is currently getting 18/g for top shelf and that's up from 15/g. Supreme collab makes sense I guess but they can fuck right of with that. Premium denim horseshit

Supreme collab...

As in its some random weed with a supreme logo on the pack.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
Been getting grams of Cookie Stomper at my local dispensary in Phoenix for 5 bucks. Where are you guys at? 18 a gram is fucking ridiculous.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
Of course a thread about Kader hopping sponsors turned mostly into a discussion about weed... fitting, given his instagram presence for the last half a year or more!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »
Been getting grams of Cookie Stomper at my local dispensary in Phoenix for 5 bucks. Where are you guys at? 18 a gram is fucking ridiculous.
DC. When I was a kid it was 20 a g in Virginia but at some point it went way down. 5/g for decent mids. It’s now 120 a q if I want something like purple punch or jet fuel gelato.

Sandygoat

• THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
Is this normal to pay that much for some jazz cabbage ?

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2020, 04:09:50 PM »
The change of influence, from Reynolds to Fat Bill is just not cool and not gonna do him any good.

And here comes the question, apart from Theotis who is loyal to cash, the full board sticker job, and Baker, is kader gonna fall into the TK, Antwan route and just become a pile? Has anyone else but Theotis made it that far, being black, on Baker?

Is Reynolds to blame? is it the image? Or just the fact that once let loose, they'll never be the same?

dumbest shit i've read on here in a while and that's saying a lot

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2020, 05:09:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Depends on where you are. It can't be moved (legally) between states, and some states like Oregon gave out so many licenses that they far exceeded demand, and a few years later, there's still a bumper crop sitting on shelves. I think California, Washington and Colorado have figured out a balance, so the price was generally higher there
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »
Expand Quote
The change of influence, from Reynolds to Fat Bill is just not cool and not gonna do him any good.

And here comes the question, apart from Theotis who is loyal to cash, the full board sticker job, and Baker, is kader gonna fall into the TK, Antwan route and just become a pile? Has anyone else but Theotis made it that far, being black, on Baker?

Is Reynolds to blame? is it the image? Or just the fact that once let loose, they'll never be the same?
[close]

Not to mention, where is this whole “Reynolds to fat Bill” line coming from.  Does fat bill have anything whatsoever to do with Nike or is it the assumption that everyone on Supreme will eventually join FA/Hockey (except for Rowan)

Sandygoat

• THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »
I think the assumption is that Kader is like anakin. Hes on the killing tusken raiders stage rn and he'll get his sith title when he joins FA. Fat bill is the palpatine to reynold's obiwan.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2020, 07:05:00 PM »
I think the assumption is that Kader is like anakin. Hes on the killing tusken raiders stage rn and he'll get his sith title when he joins FA. Fat bill is the palpatine to reynold's obiwan.

I don’t think that’s anyone’s assumption and a horrible analogy.  Maybe don’t compare a black skater with a slave as well.  Not a great look

Sandygoat

• THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think that’s anyone’s assumption and a horrible analogy.  Maybe don’t compare a black skater with a slave as well.  Not a great look
Ok point taken

Dae-su Oh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

:-X :-X :-X

Bearings

• Rep: -4
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »
Grown men arguing over an 18yr old.. ;D

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2020, 02:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not to mention, where is this whole “Reynolds to fat Bill” line coming from.  Does fat bill have anything whatsoever to do with Nike or is it the assumption that everyone on Supreme will eventually join FA/Hockey (except for Rowan)

My bad, just scrambled some thoughts together and forgot to read back to see if it made sense.

Let's try again.

Kader seemed very close to Reynolds, and the output was good. Once we've seen him hang around more with Bill and the Supreme crew, the attitude changed (of course it's surely an age thing). Not saying that the your friends/crew ARE the reasons why he's making these decisions, but maybe they influence them.

The other line was more focused on longevity on Baker, which seems obtained by not many people. Unfortunately, for statistics, even if there were some epic characters, most of 'em didn't end up with a profitable carreer.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.