Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71956 times)

144p

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2020, 11:12:53 AM »
He quit both emerica and vans just as his color way was releasing.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »

I’m telling you, this has got to be a strategy from the bigger brand riders leave for. Marc Johnson was just a pawn in this game, probably still getting paid by Adidas for sabotaging Lakai.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Is this first emerica to nike roster change ever?
[close]
Nope. Trevor Colden
I was just thinking about how him doing this reminds me of Trevor's going pro debacle. Leaving right as a company had dumped loads of money into you, leaving them with a backlog of product that they have to deal with.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2020, 11:46:05 AM »

eniz

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2020, 11:51:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m telling you, this has got to be a strategy from the bigger brand riders leave for. Marc Johnson was just a pawn in this game, probably still getting paid by Adidas for sabotaging Lakai.

:o

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »
I heard from someone at Vans that he's not even on Nike, just didn't resign his Vans contract and kept pushing it back, now he's wearing Nike's everyday but doesn't have a deal with them even. Nike hasn't posted anything about him and doesn't follow him.

I'm sure they'll figure something out, but Nike just dropped a bunch of team, so it'd be a slap in their faces to drop loads of guys then just add Kader.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »
I heard from someone at Vans that he's not even on Nike, just didn't resign his Vans contract and kept pushing it back, now he's wearing Nike's everyday but doesn't have a deal with them even. Nike hasn't posted anything about him and doesn't follow him.

I'm sure they'll figure something out, but Nike just dropped a bunch of team, so it'd be a slap in their faces to drop loads of guys then just add Kader.
Ok so where is he getting all those Dunks?!!

Bearings

• Rep: -4
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ok so where is he getting all those Dunks?!!

Euro team manager.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

eniz

I was thinking deedz, but maybe it was Eniz I was thinking of

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it was MJ that sabotaged Lakai and not their hideous designs and collaborations with Lena Dunham and other “who cares” types

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2020, 08:50:26 PM »
Eniz Fazilov

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2020, 01:31:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Eniz Fazilov
Trevor Colden

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2020, 01:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Eniz Fazilov
[close]
Trevor Colden
i'm not sure, but didn't wieger van wageningen ride for emerica before he got on nike?

EDIT: ah, he might have been on dc actually. i don't know...

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2020, 02:25:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Eniz Fazilov
[close]
Trevor Colden
[close]
i'm not sure, but didn't wieger van wageningen ride for emerica before he got on nike?

I remember wieger on Ès?
Around the time "riding shotgun with wieger" that firm tour video came out he was rocking accels, no? don't know if he was ever fully on or just skating accels like everybody else though...

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2020, 02:27:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Eniz Fazilov
[close]
Trevor Colden
[close]

[close]

I remember wieger on Ès?
Around the time "riding shotgun with wieger" that firm tour video came out he was rocking accels, no? don't know if he was ever fully on or just skating accels like everybody else though...

that is correct, he even had a contract colorway i think. i just rewatched a bunch of old footage, too, haha.

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2020, 03:09:59 AM »
that darrell comparison s so fitting!

i always thought it was strange how everyone especially reynolds catered him with all these opportunities turning him pro real young... basically spoiling him- i wonder if kader s ever heard the word no in many regards

in the long run that might not have been a good choice for everyone especially kader

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2020, 04:04:35 AM »
Yeah man, I needed Kader to stay on Vans so that when we get to his Bunt episode 10 years from now we could hear him have no regrets about turning down a chance to skate for Nike to stay on Vans. "Sometimes I use my Era Pro colorway to eat soup with because I can't afford silverware. Glad I turned down that Nike money so the idiots on Slap would respect me, though."

cky enthusiast

« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2020, 04:18:39 AM »
Yeah man, I needed Kader to stay on Vans so that when we get to his Bunt episode 10 years from now we could hear him have no regrets about turning down a chance to skate for Nike to stay on Vans. "Sometimes I use my Era Pro colorway to eat soup with because I can't afford silverware. Glad I turned down that Nike money so the idiots on Slap would respect me, though."

lol yeah i’m sure he wasn’t making any $ on vans, when was the last time you saw anyone wearing a pair of vans anyway

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #318 on: November 23, 2020, 04:21:25 AM »
Yeah, it’s great - they’re both black sponsored skateboarders who quit Vans, so obviously they’re kindred spirits.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • Free Max B
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2020, 04:30:46 AM »
That vans colorway is terrible I can’t imagine too many people want that. I don’t blame him.

The kader is just buying dunks theory is pretty funny. He’s just been getting them backdoored at supreme to sell like every other pro with a shop sponsor that gets the hype shit. Kader said fuck it tho and started skating in the ones not hitting for anything on stockx. Unlikely but what do I know. That footage in those Griffey dunks has to be old tho.

Still can’t tell if that’s supposed to be a supreme x Baker tshirt. Would be sick

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2020, 05:00:11 AM »

i always thought it was strange how everyone especially reynolds catered him with all these opportunities turning him pro real young... basically spoiling him- i wonder if kader s ever heard the word no in many regards

in the long run that might not have been a good choice for everyone especially kader
Reynolds has to be worst offender of this. Look at all the kids he pushed and they piled out.
Ya think he’d learn his lesson.

veritas

« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2020, 05:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Reynolds has to be worst offender of this. Look at all the kids he pushed and they piled out.

It feels like Reynolds tried to put together another "kid crew" with Tyson, Kader, Donta, Tfunk an Zach Allen after Fat Bill put out Cherry and Kader ended up being the only one with any real marketability.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2020, 06:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It feels like Reynolds tried to put together another "kid crew" with Tyson, Kader, Donta, Tfunk an Zach Allen after Fat Bill put out Cherry and Kader ended up being the only one with any real marketability.
Made Baker pretty lame. They’d put Dee on and I didn’t think twice about it. Long haired dude in skinny jeans that smokes weed. Baker. Just seems like they’re following the trends now. But they’ve always had little kids. Herman and TK and Evan.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2020, 07:16:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Made Baker pretty lame. They’d put Dee on and I didn’t think twice about it. Long haired dude in skinny jeans that smokes weed. Baker. Just seems like they’re following the trends now. But they’ve always had little kids. Herman and TK and Evan.

And Spanky and Knox and Braydon and Theotis and Rammy Issa, etc... Baker has always done this and invented this 'trend' as you guys are putting it

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2020, 07:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

And Spanky and Knox and Braydon and Theotis and Rammy Issa, etc... Baker has always done this and invented this 'trend' as you guys are putting it
It's almost as if Baker has always been a little kid company and everyone who grew up screaming "BAKER BAKER BAKER" is finally realizing it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2020, 07:23:34 AM »
baker is for kids, anti hero is for grown ups and adults

conqueso

« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »
baker is for kids, anti hero is for grown ups and adults that still act like kids

cky enthusiast

« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2020, 09:23:06 AM »
natural koncept is strictly ridden by captains of industry and patrons of the arts

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2020, 09:28:24 AM »
baker is for kids, NOT CARING ABOUT THE BRAND BUT MORE ABOUT THE SHAPE WIDTH ETC ETC is for grown ups and adults

Function over fashion right?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote
baker is for kids, NOT CARING ABOUT THE BRAND BUT MORE ABOUT THE SHAPE WIDTH ETC ETC is for grown ups and adults
[close]

Thats kind of like telling a music fan not to care about bands and just play their guitar. They goes hand in hand.

Function over fashion right?