Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71948 times)

bongboarder420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2021, 02:52:58 PM »

Dee was also posting some pretty wild shit before he got dropped.

what was he posting?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #451 on: January 27, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
Well if Baker 4 footage is any indication, Nuge is at least on the sessions. So maybe he shows up and that's why he's still on?

Board brands aren't a meritocracy. Skateboarding in general isn't. Nuge has been around a while and is good friends with a lot of the people on the brand. Dee was a relatively new kid, and I have no idea how close guys like he and Cyril were to the rest of the team. I think as long as you don't go full pile like Spanky and Braydon did, you can keep your spot if you are putting in effort. Can even get it back if you work hard again (see Spanky).

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2021, 03:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what was he posting?
I dunno I checked his insta and it looks like he pulled it down so I don't really wanna air him out. When you have some cash you can buy things that are real easy to flip for more cash but then there's a certain danger involved in that.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2021, 03:43:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

what was he posting?
[close]
I dunno I checked his insta and it looks like he pulled it down so I don't really wanna air him out. When you have some cash you can buy things that are real easy to flip for more cash but then there's a certain danger involved in that.
Commercial real estate, got it

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2021, 03:49:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

what was he posting?
[close]
[close]
Commercial real estate, got it

He got dropped because of his contract with HGTV on flipping skater houses?

"Shit on the walls? Well we just add more brown to the colors and turn the walls into a tasteful decoupage."

"Smell of cheap beer and piss? We'll add a cat to the home which you can blame all the smells on."

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2021, 07:14:13 PM »
imma go out on a not so crazy limb and say that if a team has to fire 1 person, and two are on the chopping block, the boss is going to go with the guy he likes more.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Hombreezy

« Reply #456 on: January 28, 2021, 01:17:34 AM »

fuck done winn

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #457 on: January 28, 2021, 02:38:16 AM »

fuck done winn

Forgot about that.

What a complete moron
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #458 on: January 28, 2021, 02:56:29 AM »
I dunno, I think im biased as fuck, cause i love nuge, but the same question remains, who would want to buy a dee board?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #459 on: January 28, 2021, 03:19:18 AM »
I dunno, I think im biased as fuck, cause i love nuge, but the same question remains, who would want to buy a dee board?

Could you not ask the same question about Nuge?

Showing my age here... But I'd never buy anything associated with him after seeing that insta highway bottle smashing

Not that I ever would
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #460 on: January 28, 2021, 03:44:07 AM »
i remember hearing nuge was only still pro bc of volume 4 or something years agoq. but isnt that shit no longer even being done through bakerboys/ at all? i fucks with nuge yall know me, but theres no way kids give a single shit about him and want his boards. i honestly wonder whats keeping him at this point. what actually happening with donta? too into boxing for reynolds or some shit

free max b

some say it's because he saved the whole team from falling off a cliff when their van brakes failed.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #461 on: January 28, 2021, 03:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could you not ask the same question about Nuge?

Showing my age here... But I'd never buy anything associated with him after seeing that insta highway bottle smashing

Not that I ever would

yeah, of course, that question was already asked regarding nuge.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #462 on: January 28, 2021, 05:09:14 AM »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #463 on: January 28, 2021, 05:28:11 AM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #464 on: January 28, 2021, 05:31:32 AM »

fuck done winn
What a fucking dork.

I wanted to like him when they put him on baker 1000 years ago but he seems to just be a turd in a rock and roll costume. Let's be real, the only thing of note he's ever done is ollie el toro and that was 20 years ago. I remember watching his nine club to learn if I was missing something and that was pretty much all they had to cover.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #465 on: January 28, 2021, 08:14:37 AM »
Expand Quote
response?

[close]

Post is gone  8)
bill and sage finally gassed him up over a very soggy 4 gram blunt to call reynolds and quit baker from ATL over the phone. thankyoubaker clip coming soon, maybe a poorly written unpunctuated all caps word salad about leaving baker and how reynolds is cool for giving him bloards but he aint a kid no mo so he gotta keep on keepin on.

also idk if it was mentioned here, im sure it was, but when elijah quit chocolate he made a post thanking mike and rickk. which is cool, that shit was literally the same paragraph dill/ave wrote/posted when they quit workshop word for word, except he switched out "Hill and Carter" for Mike and Rick. and ever since then hes been doing everything possible to look like a chunky dylan from down the block so theres that. the kid can LARP.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #466 on: January 28, 2021, 08:36:13 AM »
Expand Quote

fuck done winn
[close]
What a fucking dork.

I wanted to like him when they put him on baker 1000 years ago but he seems to just be a turd in a rock and roll costume. Let's be real, the only thing of note he's ever done is ollie el toro and that was 20 years ago. I remember watching his nine club to learn if I was missing something and that was pretty much all they had to cover.

I'll always remember him from this Thrasher article (or maybe it was Transworld) back in the day where he did the supposed "biggest kickflip" ever at that time. It was off of a white loading dock and over a flat gap (grass? dirt?) to street I believe. Maybe in Dekline's?

But thats alll I ever heard from him.. and I bet that gap has been switch tre'd by now.

Panettone

« Reply #467 on: January 28, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
response?

[close]

Post is gone  8)
[close]
bill and sage finally gassed him up over a very soggy 4 gram blunt to call reynolds and quit baker from ATL over the phone. thankyoubaker clip coming soon, maybe a poorly written unpunctuated all caps word salad about leaving baker and how reynolds is cool for giving him bloards but he aint a kid no mo so he gotta keep on keepin on.

also idk if it was mentioned here, im sure it was, but when elijah quit chocolate he made a post thanking mike and rickk. which is cool, that shit was literally the same paragraph dill/ave wrote/posted when they quit workshop word for word, except he switched out "Hill and Carter" for Mike and Rick. and ever since then hes been doing everything possible to look like a chunky dylan from down the block so theres that. the kid can LARP.

free max b

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #468 on: January 28, 2021, 10:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
i remember hearing nuge was only still pro bc of volume 4 or something years agoq. but isnt that shit no longer even being done through bakerboys/ at all? i fucks with nuge yall know me, but theres no way kids give a single shit about him and want his boards. i honestly wonder whats keeping him at this point. what actually happening with donta? too into boxing for reynolds or some shit

free max b
[close]

some say it's because he saved the whole team from falling off a cliff when their van brakes failed.

Did anyone buy those Vol4 jeans. I liked the look and US made.
That being said I always liked the Nuge and it seems like he does a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

but bottle smashing is lame, I mean sure 14 year old me thought it was cool... 14 year old me also was a fucking idiot
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Panettone

« Reply #469 on: January 28, 2021, 10:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
response?

[close]

Post is gone  8)
[close]

free max b
[close]

The irony

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #470 on: January 28, 2021, 10:49:29 AM »
Remember that thrasher day in the life with Kader where he's just playing Fortnite and being a goofy kid? That was, like, a year ago.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #471 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
response?

[close]

Post is gone  8)
[close]

free max b
[close]
[close]

The irony

Goddamn it panettone your slap presence is unlikable.

Panettone

« Reply #472 on: January 28, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
response?

[close]

Post is gone  8)
[close]

free max b
[close]
[close]

The irony
[close]

Goddamn it panettone your slap presence is unlikable.

Send me 50 euro and I will leave

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #473 on: January 28, 2021, 11:31:01 AM »
response?

damn i was moving yesterday and didnt see. anyone screen cap?

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #474 on: January 28, 2021, 11:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote
response?

[close]
damn i was moving yesterday and didnt see. anyone screen cap?
It was a list of the baker riders, including Kader

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2021, 12:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

That wasn't the Baker team it was just a random Skate Rock motley but I'm sure that bought lots of goodwill. We could be living in a world without GT right now.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
Nuge still being on is what made them kicking off Dee weird for me. One produces the other one doesn’t yet the one producing gets kicked off???

I don't think anyone ever gave a fuck about Dee though. He was a bit of a Zach Allen where he never seemed to be quite good enough or cool enough or well liked by the fans to warrant a Baker spot. Slap is apparently very on the fence about Nuge but dude has been around forever and has a lot of goodwill within the industry.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »

free max b

Pretty sure he's been off for years, since not that long after he had that part in that Baker promo. Not sure what the deal was there, I thought Donta's part in that was really sick and I thought he was a good addition to the team.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #478 on: January 28, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
I suspect that, in this case, it doesn't mean much for someone like Nuge to be "on Baker". Like there's no contract, no obligation for footage or appear at a demo. It's probably mostly a gesture of goodwill towards one of the original Baker Boys that consists of printing a yearly run of 500 boards that say "NUGE" on them
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »
I suspect that, in this case, it doesn't mean much for someone like Nuge to be "on Baker". Like there's no contract, no obligation for footage or appear at a demo. It's probably mostly a gesture of goodwill towards one of the original Baker Boys that consists of printing a yearly run of 500 boards that say "NUGE" on them

Just looked through Bakers 2020 catalogs and Nuge had a pro board for each season. Seemed to get the majority of models than the other legacy pros like Dollin or Steamer.

I really never had a big interest in Nuge but judging from his parts and insta he seems like he's in a good place in his life with a good lady by his side. If he can kick it with Baker and Reynolds is still cool with him I see no problem with him having a spot on the team. Probably does more behind the scenes day to day stuff for Baker for all we know.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.