Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71955 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
well adidas (skateboarding) is the only company out of the two that follows him and they literally just started following him, so i guess it’s all but final?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2021, 11:06:04 AM »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2021, 11:51:40 AM »
Holy fucking power move (if it’s true)!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2021, 12:07:27 PM »
Also that Instagram line he tagged adidas in is very meh. All style no substance.

This is Slap.

OG Slap pals would be foaming at the mouth
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2021, 01:47:36 PM »
Kader of adidas

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2021, 02:46:41 PM »
This would honestly be a good move for adidas get some hype around their shoes again. The dunk craze I feel like has really taken away a lot of customers from adidas. I never see kids skating in adidas anymore it’s all Nike at the local parks and spots

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »
Could see him on Pro Wings

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2021, 08:04:53 PM »
I saw him today in WEHO skating Adidas. That line he did at the dog park was sick.

Too bad I didn’t see GAY in WEHO!!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the hanger on artist with the big news

Neckface musta been tied up all day
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2021, 11:15:39 AM »

Crislerheaven

• Rep: -6
« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2021, 11:18:32 AM »
Gonna be honest he looks better in the nikes.
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2021, 11:53:45 AM »
Didn't adidas cancelled like all their shop accounts awhile ago? So adidas skateboarding but you can't get them at your local shop but at fuckin foot locker?
I would like to get some adidas for skating but not if they treat shops and the culture like that.
IG: @flowterspace

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2021, 12:50:18 PM »
Didn't adidas cancelled like all their shop accounts awhile ago? So adidas skateboarding but you can't get them at your local shop but at fuckin foot locker?
I would like to get some adidas for skating but not if they treat shops and the culture like that.
This keeps popping up and I don't know what the situation is in the US but here in NZ you can only buy the adidas skate stuff from skate shops and the adidas DTC website. The big adidas mall shops don't sell any of the skate shoes or apparel, and neither does footlocker, i think it's like Nike SB, you gotta prove you sell skate goods to order them for your shop.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 42
« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2021, 01:52:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This keeps popping up and I don't know what the situation is in the US but here in NZ you can only buy the adidas skate stuff from skate shops and the adidas DTC website. The big adidas mall shops don't sell any of the skate shoes or apparel, and neither does footlocker, i think it's like Nike SB, you gotta prove you sell skate goods to order them for your shop.
I cant tell if Adidas is cutting all shops or just some. Everyone ask your local about the status of their future Adidas shoes. My local shop has Adidas booked until June but after that no more shoes are coming in. I cant imagine Adidas cutting of all  the skate shops tho. Adidas needs to be on shelves in some stores to stay in the consumers eye. 510 has a whole 'nother shoe store across the street selling fuc' boy shoes. That should give them pull on keeping Adidas skate in store. Tactics has a huge shoe wall with damn near every skate shoe. Adidas should want to be on that shoe wall. Supreme is a skate shop and Adidas fucks with their riders (gonz).

Meanwhile, Nikes are booked all year and Ishod is getting a pro model.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »
If he’s on Nike why did the Boss just post photos that make him look like he’s skating in Adidas?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #615 on: March 07, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »

Who doesn’t, am I right?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who doesn’t, am I right?

sucuk is exeption

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #617 on: March 07, 2021, 06:49:46 PM »
There is no way he is still on nike. In his live he was filling out a blank of superstars. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #618 on: March 07, 2021, 11:00:31 PM »
adidas > nike

Dad_Brains

• Rep: 12
« Reply #619 on: March 08, 2021, 12:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Saw a few of their skate items at onehunga dressmart last time I was there but that was a while ago. Not sure if they even have a shop there anymore. Outside the likes of cheapskates and boardertown, I haven’t come across any in a while (haven’t been looking though)

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #620 on: March 08, 2021, 02:19:03 AM »

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #621 on: March 08, 2021, 10:37:34 AM »
The saga continues...

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -12
« Reply #622 on: March 08, 2021, 11:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also how is this thread so long?
[close]

There's also another thread that's 5 pages long. I have no idea how or why Kader is so polarizing.
[close]
Black skaters often get more scrutiny on here.  See Tyshawn, Na-Kel, Zach Allen, Beatrice, TK, Antwuan, etc...
[close]
Yeah I've noticed that too, Kader gets shit for switching his sponsors meanwhile dude's like Cyrus Bennett get labeled as "real" for doing the same thing.
[close]

I don’t think that’s quite an accurate comparison.  Cyrus left two companies where he wasn’t being treated well.  We haven’t heard why Kader has switched his shoe sponsor twice.   I do agree that the obsession with this is a bit over the top.  Racially-motivated?  Probably, but I also see it as just typical “hate the shiny little kid” that Sheckler and Nyjah got when super young, but then again, I don’t care that much in the first place.  It’s the same piranha style bullying that comes up in every MJ, Koston, AO thread where a bunch of posters can’t wait to sink their teeth and repeat the same tired comments like xyz “couldn’t handle MJs ideas”

Nakel and Tyshawn both come across as  assholes and bullies.  Personality traits I don’t find endearing in anyone, particularly T-Funk who I vocally can’t stand.   

Antwuan I feel doesn’t get any recrimination on here, despite a history of terrible judgement and not doing anything worthy in skateboarding for about 15+ years.  Basically he’s a white Crail Tap rider which I certainly vocally lambast on here. 

Beatrice (like Theotis, TK) just surprises me personally about the high level of sponsorships they get for what I perceive as average skate ability.   I wonder about it, worry that their brands are just co-opting their blackness for the image, but ultimately don’t lose sleep over it because skateboarding isn’t 100% meritocracy and I’m not the target audience of these moves and not everything thing needs for me.
[close]

To say this about Theo is absolutely crazy haha
[close]

Of course he is much better than TK and I don’t begrudge Theotis his riches, but it seems wild to me that someone like him, who’s fairly middle of the pack talent-wise for pro skaters, commands the money and sponsors he does.   He’s not a contest killer and he doesn’t put out tons of footage, but seems to be super popular for some reason.
[close]

The man has had footage and coverage that span well over a decade. Believe it or not, he inspired a younger generation of skaters, and you even hear that in newer interviews. Although not the “best” he seems to be somebody brands can trust. The man is literally always repping his sponsors and putting out content. Even just when you hear people speak on the guy, nothing but high praise. So even though it may be shocking to you it’s really not shocking at all.
[close]

What are you talking about.  I literally never hear anyone talking about Theotis.  And he is far from always putting out “content”.   The skaters I do hear people talk about and who are putting out parts at a heavy rate aren’t driving around in bentleys.

Btw Wild to create an account just to defend/praise Theotis of all skaters.
Why do people hate on Theotis so much. This sounds super racist btw. Hating on him bc he drives a Bentley. Theotis came from nothing and does well for himself he can drive whatever the fuck he wants. He put out a full part in Baker 4 and is constantly posting clips on Instagram. Even if his skating isn’t for you saying he isn’t productive is ridiculous. In my eyes Theotis knows how to navigate professional skateboarding very well in this era. As a black man it’s crazy to see how much scrutiny you guys give black skaters. Acting like we’re all a monolith constantly comparing black skaters that are nothing alike.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #623 on: March 08, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

There's also another thread that's 5 pages long. I have no idea how or why Kader is so polarizing.
[close]
Black skaters often get more scrutiny on here.  See Tyshawn, Na-Kel, Zach Allen, Beatrice, TK, Antwuan, etc...
[close]
Yeah I've noticed that too, Kader gets shit for switching his sponsors meanwhile dude's like Cyrus Bennett get labeled as "real" for doing the same thing.
[close]

I don’t think that’s quite an accurate comparison.  Cyrus left two companies where he wasn’t being treated well.  We haven’t heard why Kader has switched his shoe sponsor twice.   I do agree that the obsession with this is a bit over the top.  Racially-motivated?  Probably, but I also see it as just typical “hate the shiny little kid” that Sheckler and Nyjah got when super young, but then again, I don’t care that much in the first place.  It’s the same piranha style bullying that comes up in every MJ, Koston, AO thread where a bunch of posters can’t wait to sink their teeth and repeat the same tired comments like xyz “couldn’t handle MJs ideas”

Nakel and Tyshawn both come across as  assholes and bullies.  Personality traits I don’t find endearing in anyone, particularly T-Funk who I vocally can’t stand.   

Antwuan I feel doesn’t get any recrimination on here, despite a history of terrible judgement and not doing anything worthy in skateboarding for about 15+ years.  Basically he’s a white Crail Tap rider which I certainly vocally lambast on here. 

Beatrice (like Theotis, TK) just surprises me personally about the high level of sponsorships they get for what I perceive as average skate ability.   I wonder about it, worry that their brands are just co-opting their blackness for the image, but ultimately don’t lose sleep over it because skateboarding isn’t 100% meritocracy and I’m not the target audience of these moves and not everything thing needs for me.
[close]

[close]

Of course he is much better than TK and I don’t begrudge Theotis his riches, but it seems wild to me that someone like him, who’s fairly middle of the pack talent-wise for pro skaters, commands the money and sponsors he does.   He’s not a contest killer and he doesn’t put out tons of footage, but seems to be super popular for some reason.
[close]

The man has had footage and coverage that span well over a decade. Believe it or not, he inspired a younger generation of skaters, and you even hear that in newer interviews. Although not the “best” he seems to be somebody brands can trust. The man is literally always repping his sponsors and putting out content. Even just when you hear people speak on the guy, nothing but high praise. So even though it may be shocking to you it’s really not shocking at all.
[close]

What are you talking about.  I literally never hear anyone talking about Theotis.  And he is far from always putting out “content”.   The skaters I do hear people talk about and who are putting out parts at a heavy rate aren’t driving around in bentleys.

[close]
Why do people hate on Theotis so much. This sounds super racist btw. Hating on him bc he drives a Bentley. Theotis came from nothing and does well for himself he can drive whatever the fuck he wants. He put out a full part in Baker 4 and is constantly posting clips on Instagram. Even if his skating isn’t for you saying he isn’t productive is ridiculous. In my eyes Theotis knows how to navigate professional skateboarding very well in this era. As a black man it’s crazy to see how much scrutiny you guys give black skaters. Acting like we’re all a monolith constantly comparing black skaters that are nothing alike.

Toxic comments for black skaters everytime. 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #624 on: March 08, 2021, 01:51:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yay bad faith arguments!

Theotis is without any doubt middle of the road talent and productivity-wise amongst skateboarders yet he appears to make more than 99% of skateboarders.   No scrutiny about race ya bozo.  It’s just shocking a skater of that level to command that kind of money to drive a Bentley, esp when most skaters have roommates, etc.   Ishod drives a Tesla SUV and has another nice ass car.  That makes sense as it’s commensurate with one of the best skaters of all time who films multiple parts a year and several Nike colorways and his own iteration of dunks.   

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #625 on: March 08, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yay bad faith arguments!

Theotis is without any doubt middle of the road talent and productivity-wise amongst skateboarders yet he appears to make more than 99% of skateboarders.   No scrutiny about race ya bozo.  It’s just shocking a skater of that level to command that kind of money to drive a Bentley, esp when most skaters have roommates, etc.   Ishod drives a Tesla SUV and has another nice ass car.  That makes sense as it’s commensurate with one of the best skaters of all time who films multiple parts a year and several Nike colorways and his own iteration of dunks.

Never been a Theotis fan, but also not a hater. His style and trick selection never really did it for me (the big heel he does in Baker 4 is dope though). But to be fair to him, you don't really know how he was using those Nike and Dew cheques when he was more prominent and probably getting fatter paydays. He could have invested or done something else with that flow and made a boatload outside of skating. You seem mad that he got paid... Also, let a guy waste his money on a car if he wants. For all you know, maybe he is fucking broke and wasted those cheques but still leases his Bentley. Maybe Ishod is smart with his money.

IpathCats

« Reply #626 on: March 08, 2021, 02:22:10 PM »
Theotis skates like an uncoordinated white boy.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #627 on: March 08, 2021, 02:26:48 PM »
Theotis has #YOUNGMONEY

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #628 on: March 08, 2021, 02:31:14 PM »
Kader on Adidas.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #629 on: March 08, 2021, 02:44:57 PM »
Theotis was smart and invested his money.

What the fuck is it to you if he drives a Bentley.

And as a pro he was productive and above all a good brand and selling point.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in