Author Topic: yuto got food poisoning after winning gold at the x games yesterday  (Read 3487 times)

Cool Ceith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
Re: yuto got food poisoning after winning gold at the x games yesterday
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2022, 09:49:49 AM »
Oysters?

Aw, shucks

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2270
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 09:49:51 AM »
I came to a similar realization about crabs several years ago: they’re just big bugs.  Filthy bottom-feeding water bugs  >:(.

"Yo, fuck these bugs."

But for real, ya'll a bunch of philistines. Raw oysters are fucking great.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2022, 09:55:47 AM »
Shrimp are extremely high in microplastics, a lil poopoo never hurt anyone though, Spiders are extremely high in protein, there’s a spider vending machine in a crawl space nearby, it’s like one of those “mystery bag” things. Pretty sure it’s a scam and they are only wolf spiders all in different packaging. They are really fast like racehorses when you crack open the package, you need to be on your game with your hands nice and warmed up. it’s kind of a lot of work for only like 5 seconds. Crustaceans are much easier to consume. I would not recommend spiders for a date night meal, especially with alcohol messing with your fine motor skills, that’s a benefit of going with something pre shucked like oysters. Everything has its place.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2022, 10:01:57 AM »
"I'm telling you, it's not the clams oysters!"

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2022, 03:15:19 PM »
damn, oysters and cocktails are a regular date night for me and my lady. guess we're outta touch
Gnarred.
Oysters are dope raw or throw em on the grill til they pop open.
They definitely put some lead in your pencil if you catch my drift.

And ayo don’t ever disrespect me by not pouring some shoyu or ponzu sauce on them before you slurp those bad boys, you heard?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2022, 03:17:02 PM »
diarrhoea can be fun

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2241
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2022, 03:46:24 PM »
I don’t need any shellfish to get a boner: my problem isn’t how to get one, it’s what to do with the bounty I already have.
#TooMuchBoners

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2022, 04:07:55 PM »

Anyone got tips for eating good oysters? Like what should someone look out for? Months that end with R are their season? I’ve slurped a couple of oysters before but nothing major. I wouldn’t mind knowing some tips for eating and ordering oysters to impress the lady’s.

I fucking love oysters.

- Months that end with R maybe in some places, but in North eastern America it's not really an issue, oyster farms supply fresh delicious shit year long no problem. If you want to be SURE, go to a fish market and not to a grocery store. I usually don't buy Oysters if they have been fished more than two weeks ago. Not that it's unsafe, they're just better.

- Shuck from the rear it's easier. Go to youtube to see how it's done it's not that hard you just have to know how to do it. Some people are side shuckers, I don't fuck with these assholes they give you an oyster with thin pieces of shells and act like that's okay. It's not fuckin' okay. Side shuckers open up their games of S.K.A.T.E. with pressure flips. you know the type.

- Get a good stiff POINTY knife. The rounded tip knives are shit. It doesn't need to be sharp, just pointy. And stiff

- Get a brush with the knife. Sometimes you wanna brush the hinge or the side to remove dirt or dried up mud. If you don't have a brush you can scrape the hinge clean with the knife and rinse it, don't be a savage and push a bunch of dirt through, it will taste like ass. Sometimes I clean off the hinge, then snap off the little overhang (you'll know when you see it) then rinse the knife and the oyster and then I go for the shuck. I DGAF if it takes me a couple passes to shuck it up, when I hand it over to a homie it's CLEAN.

- Some cheaper oysters haven't been washed or cleaned up. That's okay it just adds work. Sometimes I buy cardboard boxes of Malpeques and they have all kinds of algae stuck to them, brush it off.

- Another familiar symptom of cheaper oyster is the size. In those grab bag boxes you'll often get a mix of small ones and fucking huge ones shaped like bananas. It's all good, they're just a bitch to open and it's gonna be hard to save the water in them (or liquor as the real men call it). I've snapped knives opening big ass oysters and would do it again.

- In the end if you want a pleasant consistent experience spend a few more bucks and get oyster that come in those little wooden boxes. They have been sorted out, are mostly all the same size and aren't as brutally salty as giant ass malpeques and are often considered smoother and more palatable.

- An oyster should be full of water, or at least plump and glistening and then water will build up on top a few seconds after it's been opened. if you shuck a dry bitch or pasty looking one, or suspiciously easy to open, or any combination of those you throw it away and WASH YOUR FUCKING KNIFE.

- Try with lemon/lime juice, then try with hot sauce tabasco or Frank's see what you like best both are valid.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 04:28:30 PM by StillTryin »

Brad Wesley

• Rep: 31
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2022, 04:39:53 PM »
Insects evolved from crustaceans lol but I fuck with some good shrimp but never really hyped to peel shrimp and do all that work.

Saw this post and felt bad for the guy. Rest easy homie

Anyone got tips for eating good oysters? Like what should someone look out for? Months that end with R are their season? I’ve slurped a couple of oysters before but nothing major. I wouldn’t mind knowing some tips for eating and ordering oysters to impress the lady’s.

Yuto has a low key hilarious insta presence. Subtle humor. One of my fav profiles. Someone in his position could be such a douche too.

The "months ending in R" thing is an urban legend. If that was true we'd be reading non-stop outbreak stories from May to August and the oyster market would collapse. The best way to avoid illness is to go to a reputable restaurant that specializes primarily in oysters. Or go to an actual oyster farm and eat them in the picnic area. If I'm at some random bar/grill that does steak, lobster, burgers, fried chicken, crab cakes, and - oh yeah oysters, I'm not ordering raw oysters.

It sounds like Yuto caught a case of the ol' vibriosis. Or it could have been some other food and he blamed the oysters. Because of incubation time and recency bias, people are surprisingly bad at identifying what gave them food poisoning. If he was sharing the oysters with friends and they all got sick, then that's a strong case.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »
Oysters can be nice when served with a good sauce and you’re in the mood to piss money away.  One time I ordered “fried oysters with Brie and buffalo sauce”.. it tasted like a Burger King chicken nugget.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2022, 06:08:23 PM »
Expand Quote
damn, oysters and cocktails are a regular date night for me and my lady. guess we're outta touch
[close]
Gnarred.

And ayo don’t ever disrespect me by not pouring some shoyu or ponzu sauce on them before you slurp those bad boys, you heard?

Shoyu, lemon and a bit of tabasco
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1961
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2022, 06:34:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Gnarred.

[close]

Shoyu, lemon and a bit of tabasco

This guy fucks
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1490
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2022, 08:38:40 PM »
I only eat seafood when I'm visiting a nearby body of water. Y'all probably got some oysters and seafood that has been sitting in a truck.

When I'm back home, I'll eat anything from the ocean that my mom cooks for me.

My dad used to grill oysters and knew how to season them with calamansi, shoyu and chili sauce. Yum.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2022, 10:36:01 PM »
You ever blast a big snot rocket and it somehow ends up on your face…..it’s the next best thing to eating and oyster…

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2022, 10:36:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Its like swallowing someone elses cold loogie
[close]

Yeah, that’s what I’d liken them to.  Who even eats oysters anyways?  The only people I ever see getting them are big fat Jimmy Buffet fans with sunglass tans.  Probably drive FJ Cruisers with “Salt Life” stickers on the back.

I came to a similar realization about crabs several years ago: they’re just big bugs.  Filthy bottom-feeding water bugs  >:(.

Sea Roaches according to the greatest poet that ever lived