Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 184269 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1320 on: February 21, 2022, 02:21:18 AM »
joint is looking fabolous, well done/rolled.

i know it's tobacco, but i found some old, but still really good cigar wraps that i used for blunts before i forgot where i put em. currently in my weekly non smoking time, but i might roll me up a blunt on the weekend with it. these tobacco wraps were a gift from a friend, she got them when she was on vacation in the carribean.

these things shit on backwoods, and i think i must have like 30 or so left.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1321 on: February 21, 2022, 07:28:49 AM »
I'm maybe getting slightly sick of crown royale and I want to keep exploring blueberry crosses as I think that's the side of the lineage that imparts the euphoria and headspace while the purple kush takes care of the body and relaxing. Anyone got a good blueberry x (indica) suggestion?

Also I'm really considering a rosin press. You can get them pretty cheap from China but it's not exactly a complicated machine so Im thinking I might be able to rig something up from a big vice mounted horizontally and some heating elements from an iron to at least figure out if it's worth the investment. After utter disaster making my own carts and somehow making decent hash by taping it to my knee-pit, this seems like an equally stupid idea so it fits at least. Solventless concentrates seem like such a win-win situation though.

Had a fat lime skittle Thai and a small Golden Goat for breakfast. Finally starting to get the hang of rolling these clubs with a filter. You almost have to do it in sections and be careful not to roll the torn edge against itself but it's definitely worth it. When I die can someone please make sure they put some Golden Goat rolled with a gumless club (as pictured) in my mouth before they slide me into the oven?

rosin press sounds like a great idea i back it fasho
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #1322 on: February 21, 2022, 12:42:56 PM »
joint is looking fabolous, well done/rolled.

i know it's tobacco, but i found some old, but still really good cigar wraps that i used for blunts before i forgot where i put em. currently in my weekly non smoking time, but i might roll me up a blunt on the weekend with it. these tobacco wraps were a gift from a friend, she got them when she was on vacation in the carribean.

these things shit on backwoods, and i think i must have like 30 or so left.

Hey there stranger... I actually thought about you the other day when I got that motor breath. It has that dark and dense thing going on and the high is strrrrong. Chemdawg x SFV so it's basically just a really chemmy OG kush.

I can't stand backwoods or any other flavored or cheap wraps anymore. The whole reason we used them back in the day was to cover up how bad the weed tasted haha. If I'm going to use tobacco now I use fronto... It's just a big ass cured tobacco leaf folded up in a packet. You tear or cut off a piece of it in the size/shape of what you want to roll and then from there it's the same as a backwoods but just with rich tobacco taste instead of flavoring.

Also glad you appreciate the joint... that one turned out ok but a lot of them don't and I think that one was a second attempt anyways haha.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1323 on: February 23, 2022, 12:16:55 AM »
These motherfuckers.... Ok so I still have this grocery bag with probably about an ounce of various strains that have one nug left in the jar that I need to work through so I'm TRYING not to buy any more flower right now. Trying really hard. I was just gonna go back to golden goat and be happy. First today the one grower put their shit on sale for $22 an eighth. Not a bad grower either...these are the Blue Agave guys. I successfully resisted buying any despite loving that strain.

Then today... First these fuckers bring in a golden goat live resin sauce, made from the same flower I love... So I have to get that right? I'm going to the dispensary first thing in the morning for that obviously. But I was just gonna grab that, go run some errands, be happy...but right before I put my order in I decided to go check the flower, more out of habit than anything. These motherfuckers....

1.6% terpinoline?!?! What the fuck? I've had carts with less. Son of a bitch. Guess I have to hit the ATM before I go out in the morning now. A month and a half where I couldn't find either this or goat and now they're both back at once. These motherfuckers...

Edit - THESE MOTHERFUCKERS.... So it's cold and my back hurts and I didn't want to skate all the way to that place so I checked some of the closer ones. One of them had it listed so I go and pick it up... Get on the bus and look at the label and my eyes bug out... it's not the same batch I saw earlier with the 1.6% terpinoline.  Nope. Check this shit out.

https://imgur.com/a/tDvwui7

Its not super clear from the label, but this is officially the highest terp content I've had in the program. Over 3.5% total terps and 2.066% terpinoline alone. A lot of our good bud has around 2% total so this is bonkers. It smells like heaven and I can't even imagine how it's going to taste. I'm using every ounce of willpower I have and saving it for the morning but it's gonna be hard.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 07:21:07 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1324 on: February 23, 2022, 08:25:27 AM »
Im not a big fan of oils from the flower strains I enjoy.   Always got different highs and taste.

I've actually rarely smoke flowers now and dab 4-5x a day as its quicker with a lot less material. Smoked a joint last month and it didn't kick in till an hour-half later which bummed me because I feel the dabs right away

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1325 on: February 23, 2022, 03:00:40 PM »
Im not a big fan of oils from the flower strains I enjoy.   Always got different highs and taste.

I've actually rarely smoke flowers now and dab 4-5x a day as its quicker with a lot less material. Smoked a joint last month and it didn't kick in till an hour-half later which bummed me because I feel the dabs right away

So for me I have strains that I like as concentrates but not as flower and vice versa. I tend to like sativas better as flower because its not as strong and there's a somewhat fine line between "relieves anxiety" and "generates anxiety" with some strains for me. Then I mostly do concentrates for the more indica leaning stuff that I use for sleep/pain. Basically I start my day with flower and then transition to concentrates as the say goes on. There's some overlap of course, I always have a sativa cart (currently ghost train haze) in my pocket when I'm out doing shit in case I need a quick pick me up and if I see really good indica grams like the motor breath I got the other I'll grab it, but I mostly stick to my routine.

Are you able to get live resin carts where you are? If so when they're properly made they're essentially just liquid dabs. The strain I'm sucking on right now is called Papa Legba (Afghani landrace x some garlic strain called Marie Leveau) and its been one of my favorites for a long time now. I usually get the dabs and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between a good torch dab of this and hitting the cart on low voltage. There's a ton of trash carts out there though, you have to find someone who knows what they're doing.

What do you like strain-wise?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1326 on: February 23, 2022, 07:54:34 PM »
broke out the jar of SFV OG yesterday. Lil bong snaps have kept me nice and mellow, nice and productive. Spent the day wrenching and hitting dead ends, until it all worked out. Didn't end up cursing or yelling until I reached success and rather than the usual "fucking bullshit motherfucking piece of shit van" that my neighbors usually hear it was "yeeeeeah boy. yes I! hahahah"

gave my buddy a big old mason jar of some green crack from a few seasons ago. this weed had been through the ringer, got wet due to a hole in the turkey bag. then it got redried. Wasn't properly properly stored at all... Dude's loving it. Brown brown brown weed that still smells kinda like Green Crack. Dude puffs tough but he's been wasted on this old weed for a couple weeks now. I love seeing it. 
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1327 on: February 24, 2022, 04:32:19 AM »
Added a few more pics of this insane Durban Poison. Love the classic sativa trident bud and you can kinda see how absolutely packed with swollen trichomes it is.

https://imgur.com/a/DDinlVG

This is incredible. Landrace sativa bliss from the genetic superstar that spawned so many amazing strains. Soooo sticky. The resin coverage is out of this world... It feels like someone wrapped it duct tape, left it in the sun for 6 hours, then unwrapped it. It just sticks to anything that so much as brushes against it.

Despite the outrageous terp count it doesn't smell as strong as I thought it would in the "fill the entire room" way, but rather its super concentrated on and around the bud like it has its own terp atmosphere...a terposphere. Getting close gives you this overwhelming terpinoline and myrcene blast layered over pinene strong enough to make your eyes water. A simple terp profile developed over centuries executed to perfection.

Taste is in line with smell - super concentrated and eye opening. My mouth was instantly coated with delicious dank terps and it was smooth as butter. The crisp pine mixed with a little dank earth comes on at the end and ties things together nicely. I could smoke this shit all day.

High is what I was most looking forward to and I'm happy to say its great. Durban is one of the most functional strains for me - it gives amazing cerebral energy but its very clear headed and focused. I dont forget what I'm doing or lose shit all the time. It also suppresses my appetite a ton - I think this strain is the reason I lost so much weight when I started smoking again since it was basically the only thing I'd buy.

Maybe they should change the name to Sore Dick because it's really hard to beat. Definitely going to rebuy if they have this batch next time I go.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1328 on: February 24, 2022, 04:40:38 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

you should collect all your strain reviews and make a book out of it, ngl.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1329 on: February 24, 2022, 01:22:33 PM »
I actually feel sort of bad for taking over the thread. It's kind of like a journal for me, a public archive of my weirdly obsessive habits I guess. If there's something I haven't had for a while I'll go back and re-read what I thought of it and kinda re-live the experience in a way. Plus it gives me something to do when I'm just sitting here smoking a joint by myself at 4am haha.

I really do genuinely love this thread and value the feedback and suggestions you guys give though. I wouldn't have tried Lamb's Bread which is now in my top 5 favorites if it weren't for this thread and I've learned so much through the whole process.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1330 on: February 24, 2022, 01:48:59 PM »
I actually feel sort of bad for taking over the thread. It's kind of like a journal for me, a public archive of my weirdly obsessive habits I guess. If there's something I haven't had for a while I'll go back and re-read what I thought of it and kinda re-live the experience in a way. Plus it gives me something to do when I'm just sitting here smoking a joint by myself at 4am haha.

I really do genuinely love this thread and value the feedback and suggestions you guys give though. I wouldn't have tried Lamb's Bread which is now in my top 5 favorites if it weren't for this thread and I've learned so much through the whole process.

aint no one else getting as stoked on it as you are, post away, amigo. this is always bringing up memory lane for me. I've got this uncanny thing going on regarding 1st times with a particular strain/cut, where I remember where I was, who I got it from, who grew it etc. It's like "oh yeah, that first time I got Kandy Kush was from S&G, big fat, white frosting nugs. Sedating as fuck. Then that time I saw Krystal at the Shanty in Eureka, my first time there, I told her I liked that shit and she says "I grew that!" and goes out to her van and hands me a handful. I'm like lemme give you $20 and she says "no, sweetie. that's for you. So I get back to Arcata and try to roll a doob and it's too resiny and we're lighting it like a chillum..." or with the Lambs Bread when Onion man takes me and Kiara for a walk in the forest and busts out the jar of mini LB nugs and we smoke it with the Planter who takes us for a walk through the old growth forest and Kiara says "oh my god, this feels like a minty waterfall running down the center of my face..." Or today, the Durban, I'm remember the gear that came from Matteo, big and long light dep nugs in late August. I roll up a bunch of J's and hand them out to all the people at a family party and my Aunts boyfriend, no joke named QuePee, couldn't shut up about how good it was like he never had a landrace sativa before... Or the Xmas I spent in a moldy warehouse clipping some larfy BBK, eating cold grilled cheese and hooking up with Avie in the nasty ass bathroom...

I love this shit

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1331 on: February 24, 2022, 02:36:27 PM »
Hahaha dude you crack me up with your stories. I definitely get that like heightened sensory memory thing with really good bud too, like everything is so vivid and intense when you experience it that it just sticks in your brain harder or something.

I can still, almost 25 years later, vividly remember the first time I blew my load while high. Like I can smell my old bedroom, hear my fan whirring, and I remember exactly who I was beating it too. Never got with her either.

I also remember when I became friends with one of the first dudes who was bringing in weight of beasters in our area. We used to go over and play halo with his girlfriend all night and she would smoke us out, there'd be pounds just sitting on the bed. Then one night I noticed a bag that looked different than the rest so I opened it and just got smashed in the face with this intense piney funk. It was poorly trimmed and some sort of fairly pure sativa so it didn't look like much and the guy who was selling it didn't smoke that much so he thought it was junk because it wasn't tight dense little neon nugs. He was selling me $25 eighths of it for a month before the girl actually smoked some and found out how good it is haha. Overnight it went to $60 and they would only sell me a few more cuts.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1332 on: February 24, 2022, 08:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So for me I have strains that I like as concentrates but not as flower and vice versa. I tend to like sativas better as flower because its not as strong and there's a somewhat fine line between "relieves anxiety" and "generates anxiety" with some strains for me. Then I mostly do concentrates for the more indica leaning stuff that I use for sleep/pain. Basically I start my day with flower and then transition to concentrates as the say goes on. There's some overlap of course, I always have a sativa cart (currently ghost train haze) in my pocket when I'm out doing shit in case I need a quick pick me up and if I see really good indica grams like the motor breath I got the other I'll grab it, but I mostly stick to my routine.

Are you able to get live resin carts where you are? If so when they're properly made they're essentially just liquid dabs. The strain I'm sucking on right now is called Papa Legba (Afghani landrace x some garlic strain called Marie Leveau) and its been one of my favorites for a long time now. I usually get the dabs and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between a good torch dab of this and hitting the cart on low voltage. There's a ton of trash carts out there though, you have to find someone who knows what they're doing.

Yea our store gets quality cartridges but i just buy oil extracts and diamonds with 80% thc. My dab hits are small  and the high lasts for about 2hrs.  I usually go for hybrids, i like the OG strains, jack herrer and blue dream are some of my all time favorites

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1333 on: February 24, 2022, 09:14:05 PM »
I just went to the deep and back with weed and have settled on smoking just regular flower. I like vapes because it doesn't stink and is (probably) better for my lungs. But most vapes are strong and it's so easy to do since you can do it anywhere that I just get stoned all the time. I was taking like 400mg of edibles at night, I tried dabs recently for the first time (I had bought wax years ago and would load it in bowls, ended up doing that again and liking it more) and hated them, too much work cleaning and torches and fucking dentist tools. I find that I enjoy weed most as flower, either a bong or a joint. I liked edibles too but I was doing like 100mg-200mg every night.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1334 on: February 25, 2022, 12:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yea our store gets quality cartridges but i just buy oil extracts and diamonds with 80% thc. My dab hits are small  and the high lasts for about 2hrs.  I usually go for hybrids, i like the OG strains, jack herrer and blue dream are some of my all time favorites

Only like 3 of our processors actually know how to make good diamonds and sauce sadly. The rest give diamonds or chunks of sand but no sauce so you only get whatever residual terps they didn't burn off from the extraction and it has that weird pure thca crystal taste. I mostly get budders for my dabs, I use a pen most of the time rather than a full rig so it's a little easier to work with.

Jack is one of my favorite strains too. If you dig that Durban Poison is definitely worth checking out, they're quite similar in effect and terp profile.

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1335 on: February 25, 2022, 05:47:29 AM »
Does anyone here know about delta 8 flower? I have a real suspicion that people are selling hemp nugs sprayed with delta 8 liquid on a large scale in illegal states as traditional delta 9 and I just wanted to see if any skaters out there have encounted this. The weed looks great and is sticky but has none of the good pungent smell, tastes horrible, and leaves you with a confusing headache of a high. Feels very synthetic. It’s been over the past few years and encountered it in multiple states.  Done a lot of research and it seems it’s very hard to tell hemp nugs from regular (other than the pungent smell) and if sprayed with delta 8 (which gets you high) I don’t think many people would know the difference. Couple that with hemp and d8 liquid made for spraying nugs being super cheap and very unregulated to buy online. Does this make sense or am I losing it? Been smoking for 15 years and never been a weed snob but I can tell something isn’t right here. I’d take mids over this stuff.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1336 on: February 25, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »
Does anyone here know about delta 8 flower? I have a real suspicion that people are selling hemp nugs sprayed with delta 8 liquid on a large scale in illegal states as traditional delta 9 and I just wanted to see if any skaters out there have encounted this. The weed looks great and is sticky but has none of the good pungent smell, tastes horrible, and leaves you with a confusing headache of a high. Feels very synthetic. It’s been over the past few years and encountered it in multiple states.  Done a lot of research and it seems it’s very hard to tell hemp nugs from regular (other than the pungent smell) and if sprayed with delta 8 (which gets you high) I don’t think many people would know the difference. Couple that with hemp and d8 liquid made for spraying nugs being super cheap and very unregulated to buy online. Does this make sense or am I losing it? Been smoking for 15 years and never been a weed snob but I can tell something isn’t right here. I’d take mids over this stuff.

Yeah I tried a d8 cart out of curiosity and it definitely did not feel "right" to me at all. It was like it was missing a big chunk of the spectrum and I just felt weird and almost dysphoric. I had a similar experience with some RC cannabinoids (one of the jwh series) years ago. One of the things that I learned from my years of opiate abuse is that there's more to a substance than just its ability to stimulate a particular receptor, and I suspect that holds true for the cb sites.

I don't know enough about the quasi-legal hemp trade to have any input on whether or not people are fucking around in that regard. All my stuff comes from the dispensary. Maybe @IusedToSkateMore will have some insight, he's in basically the epicenter of the American Cannabis trade and knows the black and grey markets a lot better.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1337 on: February 25, 2022, 02:26:51 PM »
Ok so I know I said I'm trying to cut back on how much flower I'm buying but I checked my usual dispensary and they already sold out of Golden goat so I panicked a little and found some at one in the hipster part of town. They also had the crazy durban so I figured why not grab another one of those while I'm there.

So you know how I made a huge deal about that durban being insanely terpy and being 2.0xx% terpinoline? Well apparently there's multiple batches out there and mine wasn't even the best one. I present to you... Durban Poison with 2.366% terpinoline. Pic of the new goat jar too but it's basically identical to the last one.

https://imgur.com/a/qCQw5gG

Also grabbed a gram of Lambs breath sauce to make more carts with. It's just the best. I've added it to my rotation as a mid-morning pick me up or post-work skate home/decompress strain. These syringes are pretty old so they were cheaper than usual, I'm hoping that sauce in a glass tube is stable enough that it won't make much difference but even if it's slightly more sedating than usual i'll be happy. Thanks again Steve.

Not pictured - I snagged another gram of the 33% garlic cookies to surprise the old man with next time I see him. Thinking I'm going to save him some durban too, that seems like a strain that any old head will love.

Oh and since I had both the goat and the durban, I had to roll a half and half blend up for the morning. I think I'm going to call it a Golden Poison joint. Can't wait to smoke it with a clear head and see where it takes me.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1338 on: February 25, 2022, 05:58:44 PM »

there's all kinds of people hustling sprayed hemp outta Oregon. Hemp shouldn't cost more than $100/lb, at most. Probably less. Some old piece of shit hippies tried pawning some hemp off on me once. I'm smoking and smoking and smoking and it's doing nothing. It wasn't sprayed, but it was pure hemp flower. No bueno.

I don't know about delta 8 but I have heard a lot about hemp sprayed with THC distillate. Look at the buds with a jewelers loupe, or even use the camera on your phone to zoom in and look at the trichomes. Hemp and sprayed shit don't have them. Hemp generally isn't cured as well and in my limited experience, smells like hay.

I've never fucked with D8 because it's probably trash and you're not getting what's advertised. Be careful with that shit. Spend some more money and buy actual weed. Even cheap, brown sinsemilla is going to be better than that

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1339 on: February 27, 2022, 06:16:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there's all kinds of people hustling sprayed hemp outta Oregon. Hemp shouldn't cost more than $100/lb, at most. Probably less. Some old piece of shit hippies tried pawning some hemp off on me once. I'm smoking and smoking and smoking and it's doing nothing. It wasn't sprayed, but it was pure hemp flower. No bueno.

I don't know about delta 8 but I have heard a lot about hemp sprayed with THC distillate. Look at the buds with a jewelers loupe, or even use the camera on your phone to zoom in and look at the trichomes. Hemp and sprayed shit don't have them. Hemp generally isn't cured as well and in my limited experience, smells like hay.

I've never fucked with D8 because it's probably trash and you're not getting what's advertised. Be careful with that shit. Spend some more money and buy actual weed. Even cheap, brown sinsemilla is going to be better than that
Thanks, first I’m hearing about nugs sprayed with thc distillate. This could definitely be the case with this stuff because it feels waxy to the touch. Nothing like normal sticky bud.
I’ve read that hemp flower has trichomes as well because some of this stuff I’ve seen does have a good amount of trichomes that shimmer when zoomed in on. But yeah, I’ve gotta move somewhere with dispos. So tired of this bullshit. Southern states beware of this crap...

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1340 on: February 27, 2022, 07:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thanks, first I’m hearing about nugs sprayed with thc distillate. This could definitely be the case with this stuff because it feels waxy to the touch. Nothing like normal sticky bud.
I’ve read that hemp flower has trichomes as well because some of this stuff I’ve seen does have a good amount of trichomes that shimmer when zoomed in on. But yeah, I’ve gotta move somewhere with dispos. So tired of this bullshit. Southern states beware of this crap...

I genuinely feel for you. Does your state have a med program? It's comically easy to get a card most places, mine consisted of a 5 minute phone call where I told the doctor how weed helps my social anxiety. Usually they just want to make sure you're aware of the risks and side effects and that you don't have some sort of condition it would be contraindicated for.

Alternatively do you have a space you can grow? Tents and lights are pretty cheap and then sourcing seeds can be as easy as bag seed or you can order nearly any strain imaginable online.

Hope it gets better man. Take a road trip to Pittsburgh and I'll smoke you out with some of this fire durban poison.

Speaking of which... This showed up on one of the menus today.

I think it's pretty safe to assume this is made from the same harvest as the flower I'm in love with. Almost 10% terpinoline. I will definitely be grabbing 2. They have a golden goat cart from the goat grower I like too but its FSC co2  distillate, not live resin. Not sure if I even want to bother... I'll probably just get the goat live resin dabs next time I see them.

Anyone ever tried Alien Rift? I've really liked the alien strains I've tried and if the alien tech origin story is legit then it's probably rooted in the same Afghanica landrace genetics that were so legendary in the 80s.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1341 on: March 02, 2022, 04:22:33 AM »
Snagged another cut of durban flower to go with the durban cart. I don't know if this is just a coincidence but my back feels a little better since I've been going heavy on this. I'm probably just healing, but it's an interesting correlation if nothing else.

Here's a pic of the new jar... Yet another big, super sticky ball of awesome. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a main cola of this shit in front of me... If anyone has a homie at cresco PA hook it up.

Couple new flowers just showed up from one of the good growers here. Anyone got any input on these?

Blueberry Muffin (Razzleberry x purple panty dropper)
SLAP n tickle (GMO x grape pie)

They also dropped a wedding cake and project 4516 (gelato 45 crossed with something I can't remember) but ive had WC before and didn't love it and I'm very gelato'ed out right now. 

I did a little research on BB muffin and the Razzleberry parent is supposedly purple kush x an old school Humboldt afghanica cut. Thats intriguing to me since PK is one of the parents of my favorite indica. I havent tried SNT before, but it has a reputation as one of the best garlic strains in our program and the last grape pie cross I had (grapes n cream, gp x sundae driver) was solid albeit not necessarily my usual style.

Oh and they also dropped some Alien Cock Randy but it's only quarters of small bud. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked that last time I got it.

svenfuck cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1342 on: March 02, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »
smoking weed rn af

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1343 on: March 03, 2022, 06:31:20 AM »
Gonna grab some crown royale carts in a bit here. It's on sale but a new batch so Im only going to get 2 for the moment.

Also grabbing a quarter gram sampler of a couple budders I want to try - Alien Rift and Purple Mountain Majesty.

Finally, the one I'm kinda excited about.. Golden Goat live resin sauce. I actually have my banger soaking right now, I want to try an old fashioned torch dab through clean glass for a strain I hold in such high regard.

Edit: Ended up getting an extra 25% off at the one place (shout out cute dispensary girl) so I decided to try that Blueberry Muffin shit I was talking about in my previous post. Really, really glad I did.

This shit is awesome.. Only a week old so it's super fresh and genuinely smells and tastes like a blueberry muffin somehow haha. It's myrcene dominant so the high is straight to the forehead and very floaty feeling. I smoked it out of a dirty bong and it was still delicious so I'm going to take the time to twist up one of those fancy joints and really see how tasty it is.

It's also quite nice looking. Pics of the labels from the concentrates for the dudes who like to check out terps too.

https://imgur.com/a/b9uM7vK
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 10:43:43 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1344 on: March 04, 2022, 01:21:08 PM »
Oh man this blueberry muffin is incredible tasting. When I tried it last night it was out of a dirty bong so I didn't quite get the full effect. I twisted up a rice paper joint of it last night and first thing after work I fired her up. My initial impression is blue dream dipped in sugar. Its so strong it almost tastes artificially flavored. I know I talk about candy weed a lot, but this is like... Actual candy weed. It tastes like fucking diabetes.

The high is nice. Trying it with a clear head really reveals the indica roots. Myrcene dominant strains tend to really "Americanize" me in that I instantly become dumb, lazy, and full on binge eat. This one is no different. Its not like knock-out sedating, but I don't see any way this doesn't end with me taking a nap.

Overall I think this strain is going in the "treat" category. I can't imagine smoking something this weirdly sweet on a regular basis, but this is absolutely the kind of shit I'd pull out because I was trying to impress a chick or something. It's gimmicky, but it's a good gimmick.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1345 on: March 04, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »
Buddy of mine gave me two grams of the Grapefruit full-melt bubble hash he made the other night. Grapefruit has been a favourite of mine for over 15 years, damn shame it's not around much these days, so I was super stoked to learn he had ran a batch of fresh frozen for someone. Grapefruit always feels super cerebral and psychedelic for me. Me and Grapefruit have a very special bond.

I didn't want to smoke this through a pipe because I knew it'd melt and clog my pipe. Didn't have any bangers left (haven't dabbed in over 3 years), my old titanium nail looked nasty and I didn't even have a torch. I haven't smoked concentrates in a while, I'm a flowers and edibles kind of guy.

So I decided to do the most Canadian thing ever: I busted out the ol' hot knives.

I took a piece the size of a green pea and cut it in three just it wouldn't melt everywhere and end up wasting some.

Holy shit, boys. That hash hit me real quick and had me ON MY ASS. My eyes were beet red and I was lost in thought for the better part of the evening. I was listening to black metal and playing NHL 22 giggling to myself about how high I was... one of those nights where you feel baked like when you were 17.

As I said I'm not a concentrates kinda guy but I do love a good ice hash, it's got so much more soul than BHO. This hash was phenomenal and I hope I can get more... a real treat.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1346 on: March 05, 2022, 02:19:04 AM »
Oh @Boognish man that's awesome. I fucking love grapefruit too, it's such a happy strain and Cindy 99 is one of my "modern classics" so I've always liked it, albeit clearly not to the degree you do haha. Now I have a craving for it, but I haven't seen it in a dispensary in a minute. When I went to CO in 2009 I bought a half of grapefruit that iirc crossed with something for yield  (maybe stardawg?) but looked and smelled like straight gf and went rafting. I have wonderful memories of that trip and they all taste like grapefruit.

Cracking up at you hot knifing. I did the same thing when I broke my first wax pen. Also when I made shoe hash last month I had to hot knife it just because. It works fine, I usually use the top cut off a 2 liter bottle held in my mouth to catch the smoke and then catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and wonder what my life has come to. Also I think you may have truly made it the most canuckian thing ever when you spent the night blasting black metal and playing some form of hockey. That's my kinda night. You lookin for a roommate dude?

This morning for me was the same flower as the last week, the ultra sticky durban. I dragged my feet on getting another cut of the really exceptional batch and it sold out while I was at work yesterday, but the batch I can still get is the same one I got the first time which is pretty close (still over 2% terpinoline and 5% total terps). If it ends up being 70 degrees today like it's supposed to then I'll likely skate over and grab a quarter of it before it disappears. Definitely the best flower ive had in a hot minute and I cleaned out my grinder and started fresh with just durban and golden goat kief for my next shoe hash project. Curious to see how much of the flavor transfers to the final product with such an identifiable strain.

As for trates I just finished alien rift budder and I'm currently working on some fantastic golden goat live resin sugar/sauce. It's always interesting to me that with goat flower or stuff made from cured flower you can smell/taste the romulan roots a lot better. Whatever that sweet rotting flesh terp is must come out more during the curing process. The live resin is more citrusy, energetic, and dare I say happy for me.

Also took another pic of the blueberry muffin with more natural lighting. Kinda hard to see because my camera doesn't pick it up well and the trim job is mechanical but she has that same frosted pale purple color you sometimes see with DJSBB or true blue genetics. I can definitely see why this has a reputation as being popular with women in states where you can see/smell before you buy.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1347 on: March 05, 2022, 06:41:27 AM »
Oh @Boognish man that's awesome. I fucking love grapefruit too, it's such a happy strain and Cindy 99 is one of my "modern classics" so I've always liked it, albeit clearly not to the degree you do haha. Now I have a craving for it, but I haven't seen it in a dispensary in a minute. When I went to CO in 2009 I bought a half of grapefruit that iirc crossed with something for yield  (maybe stardawg?) but looked and smelled like straight gf and went rafting. I have wonderful memories of that trip and they all taste like grapefruit.

Cracking up at you hot knifing. I did the same thing when I broke my first wax pen. Also when I made shoe hash last month I had to hot knife it just because. It works fine, I usually use the top cut off a 2 liter bottle held in my mouth to catch the smoke and then catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and wonder what my life has come to. Also I think you may have truly made it the most canuckian thing ever when you spent the night blasting black metal and playing some form of hockey. That's my kinda night. You lookin for a roommate dude?

Grapefruit really is something special. That rafting story sounds awesome, it's definitely a strain I'd take out hiking for sure. When chilling out it gives me a unique head high no other strain has done for me, something my best friend and I just call "face buzz". I literally feel it in my entire face, as if it was warm and buzzing.

I always found the cut up bottle technique awkward, I just cut a straw about the length of a cigarette and use that. Works wonders and I didn't waste any smoke. I was giggling the whole time because I haven't hot knife'd in about 12-13 years, used to do that as a broke ski bum to conserve my hash and flowers. Hot knives put you on your ass for sure. Funny enough, I learned how to hot knife from old Trailerpark Boys episodes.

Shit come on over my dude !
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 08:10:46 AM by TheBoognish »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1348 on: March 05, 2022, 12:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Grapefruit really is something special. That rafting story sounds awesome, it's definitely a strain I'd take out hiking for sure. When chilling out it gives me a unique head high no other strain has done for me, something my best friend and I just call "face buzz". I literally feel it in my entire face, as if it was warm and buzzing.

I always found the cut up bottle technique awkward, I just cut a straw about the length of a cigarette and use that. Works wonders and I didn't waste any smoke. I was giggling the whole time because I haven't hot knife'd in about 12-13 years, used to do that as a broke ski bum to conserve my hash and flowers. Hot knives put you on your ass for sure. Funny enough, I learned how to hot knife from old Trailerpark Boys episodes.

Shit come on over my dude !

Oh dude I always feel super dumb doing the bottle top but for whatever reason I feel like all my MacGuyver builds subconsciously have to include a plastic bottle hahaha.

Are you a fan of green crack? I've always found that to have a similar high to grapefruit and Cindy 99 where its very happy and energetic at low doses but if I just go nuts on it I get braindead and lose all motivation to do anything but play video games.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1349 on: March 05, 2022, 07:33:45 PM »

I haven’t smoked it in years and to be honest, I don’t think I ever smoked a decent cut that could fully represent what the strain is all about. It just wasn‘t much of a thing here. Still isn’t, most GC you’ll find is cheap budget buds (70-120$/oz). I’ve never seen high-end Green Crack here, I’d love to though.

When Green Crack was coming up in the States, we were getting lots of Purple/OG/Master/Hindu Kush and Haze strains up here.