Author Topic: McSame picked a women VP  (Read 34621 times)

Cheapboarder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: McSame picked a women VP
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »

Miss Alaska Beauty pageant runner up

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 08:00:33 PM »
All I can say is Saturday Night Live is going to eat her alive! Her 1960 prom hairdo, black business suit and toting a rifle hahah

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »
fuck it, i'd smash.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
I wonder if this is like a 2 step play. First they get an incredibly underqualified woman to start to lure disaffected Hillary supporters. Then the press is dismissive towards her, and they scream sexism and really reignite the angry women.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Gatoraids

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »
Of course it had to be a woman from Alaska.
like bonny and clyde...
get those female votes y'all!

Dr Newton

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 03:32:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mccain trying to get the female and boner vote, that sneaky bastard
[close]
how is this lady qualified? except that her husband works for BP
[close]

Sorry ho, but unfortunately you picked the grossest way to attack her out of everyone in this thread. I'm not going to waste too much time educating those too stupid enough to research things for themselves, but I will give you this one little bit:

Her husband is essentially a common oil field laborer. He's also only employed seasonally. There is no "big oil" connection in her husband's job. I'd also like to point out that Joe Biden's father was an executive at American Oil Co.
[close]
BP= big oil. Working for BP= big oil connection. You fucking mark.

HAHA, ridiculous. He knows it's stupid, yet he continues to try to argue. There is about as much of a connection here as there would be in trying to connect the janitor who cleans your government classroom every afternoon to the governor of California.

If you're really looking for a big oil connection in this race, Joe Biden's grandfather was an executive at American Oil Co. American Oil Co.=Big Oil. Executive=serious connection. A response, or will this little tidbit of information be conveniently ignored again?

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 03:38:22 AM »
My father works in a glass factory. I have no connection to that place and,actually, I despise it. So, using your own comparison, I might come to the conclusion that Biden hates big oil.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 04:15:53 AM »
she's mayor of fucking alaska, of course she's connected to oil and fishing.

Dr Newton

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 04:26:30 AM »
My father works in a glass factory. I have no connection to that place and,actually, I despise it. So, using your own comparison, I might come to the conclusion that Biden hates big oil.

Right. Now, using this exact same comparison, we can also come to the conclusion that McCain's vice presidential candidate also hates oil fields.

Sunset

• Rep: 0
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 04:29:30 AM »
All I can say is Saturday Night Live is going to eat her alive! Her 1960 prom hairdo, black business suit and toting a rifle hahah

And when SNL gets funny again, there will only be one govt. 

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 04:34:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Right. Now, using this exact same comparison, we can also come to the conclusion that McCain's vice presidential candidate also hates oil fields.

If it weren't for her support for more drilling in Alaska, one could come to that conclusion.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/665002.html
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

Dr Newton

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 04:51:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If it weren't for her support for more drilling in Alaska, one could come to that conclusion.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/665002.html

Actually, a large majority of Alaskans support drilling in ANWR, including every governor, senator, representative, and legislature for the past twenty-five years. My point is that if you are going to connect her to "big oil" based on her husband's seasonal employment as an oil field worker -- probably one of the lowest positions in "big oil," then why not make that same connection with Joe Biden? Hell, he could be lying for all we know.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:02 AM »
I see your point. Biden is clearly not a supporter of big oil companies, though.

Dr Newton

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »
I see your point. Biden is clearly not a supporter of big oil companies, though.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm not even debating for or against oil drilling in Alaska. (Obviously offshore drilling will increase oil supplies more than tire pressure will.) I just think it's funny that when a Republican picks a vice president with a no-name husband who works seasonally in an oil field, it's concrete, rock solid proof of a John McCain/big oil conspiracy. I have actually heard "husband works at BP" more times today than I have heard "Sarah Palin." At the same time, when Barack Obama chooses a vice presidential candidate who's grandfather was a big oil executive, the only ones mentioning it are Ann Coulter and the Baltimore Sun. See for yourself:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=joe+biden+american+oil+co.&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=sarah+palin+husband+bp&spell=1

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
Grandfather? Biden's grandfather by my estimation has been dead a long time. It's hard for me to believe that Biden runs in his grandfather's circle of influence or collects any of his oil money. My grandfather worked at the Dupont Paint factory in Philly and I'd say there's absolutely zero connection between that and my decision making. My wife's profession on the other time, even though she only works part time influences how I see the world.

And there's no "McCain/big oil" conspiracy. McCain/Pallin aren't pushing for government oversight of big oil and want to give them more land to drill. It's on the table, there's nothing underhanded.

Pallin was a ballsy choice, I've got to respect that. McCain was able to hijack the media with his choice and Pallin might draw a lot of female support. I was listening to talk radio all day at work and a lot of women called in connecting with her and her having children with disabilities.

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 07:42:37 AM »
its pretty bad that this election has come down to do you wanna vote for the black dude or the white dude. then the white dudes like if you vote for me your also voting for women. does no one see how horrible of a president mcCain would be?

its a good thing that obama being black is also accompanied by him being revolutionary. Every time i hear one of his speechs its as if in a couple years people will be talking about them in history class or something. dude is gonna do some good in the white house.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:44:57 AM by coop D.O.G.G. »
and here comes coop dogg.....................

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »
Today Palin said in an interview on NBC that she doesn't even know what a vice-president's job is exactly.  This makes me question not only her ability, but also her PR skills.  You just dont say shit like that when you're trying to make an impression to people that you're ready to be 2nd in command.
do more yoga!

biggums mcgee

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »
Nader/Gonzales '08

Novella

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »
its pretty bad that this election has come down to do you wanna vote for the black dude or the white dude. then the white dudes like if you vote for me your also voting for women. does no one see how horrible of a president mcCain would be?

its a good thing that obama being black is also accompanied by him being revolutionary. Every time i hear one of his speechs its as if in a couple years people will be talking about them in history class or something. dude is gonna do some good in the white house.

It's only come down to that because you are so fixated on race and sex. Some people actually vote on the issues. Also their is nothing revolutionary about Obama's politics. He doesn't even have lucid platform, he just talks about change.

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »

loophole

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
you guys do realise that bitching about politics is going to get you nothing but frustrated, right?

biggums mcgee

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Nader/Gonzales '08
[close]
NOOOOO!!!!

yessssssssss. anyone who doubts the dems (more specifically biden) should check out this transcript from NPR:

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/8/28/ralph_nader_on_the_democrats_corporate

Gatoraids

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 09:45:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's only come down to that because you are so fixated on race and sex. Some people actually vote on the issues. Also their is nothing revolutionary about Obama's politics. He doesn't even have lucid platform, he just talks about change.

Stop reading the Republicans talking points, take some time and read up on Obama's policy it is well documented on his website. I will post the link for you.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

His DNC speech was pretty damn specific (lucid).

google image search

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »
they're all nazis you sheep

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
FYI

This is what MoveOn.org is sending to their members:

Dear MoveOn member,

Yesterday was John McCain's 72nd birthday. If elected, he'd be the oldest president ever inaugurated. And after months of slamming Barack Obama for "inexperience," here's who John McCain has chosen to be one heartbeat away from the presidency: a right-wing religious conservative with no foreign policy experience, who until recently was mayor of a town of 9,000 people.

Huh?

Who is Sarah Palin? Here's some basic background:

She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.

Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.

She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.

Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.

She's doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.

She's solidly in line with John McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy. She's pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won't be ready for years. She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.

How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position.

This is information the American people need to see. Please take a moment to forward this email to your friends and family.

We also asked Alaska MoveOn members what the rest of us should know about their governor. The response was striking. Here's a sample:

She is really just a mayor from a small town outside Anchorage who has been a governor for only 1.5 years, and has ZERO national and international experience. I shudder to think that she could be the person taking that 3AM call on the White House hotline, and the one who could potentially be charged with leading the US in the volatile international scene that exists today. —Rose M., Fairbanks, AK

She is VERY, VERY conservative, and far from perfect. She's a hunter and fisherwoman, but votes against the environment again and again. She ran on ethics reform, but is currently under investigation for several charges involving hiring and firing of state officials. She has NO experience beyond Alaska. —Christine B., Denali Park, AK

As an Alaskan and a feminist, I am beyond words at this announcement. Palin is not a feminist, and she is not the reformer she claims to be. —Karen L., Anchorage, AK

Alaskans, collectively, are just as stunned as the rest of the nation. She is doing well running our State, but is totally inexperienced on the national level, and very much unequipped to run the nation, if it came to that. She is as far right as one can get, which has already been communicated on the news. In our office of thirty employees (dems, republicans, and nonpartisans), not one erson feels she is ready for the V.P. position.—Sherry C., Anchorage, AK

She's vehemently anti-choice and doesn't care about protecting our natural resources, even though she has worked as a fisherman. McCain chose her to pick up the Hillary voters, but Palin is no Hillary. —Marina L., Juneau, AK

I think she's far too inexperienced to be in this position. I'm all for a woman in the White House, but not one who hasn't done anything to deserve it. There are far many other women who have worked their way up and have much more experience that would have been better choices. This is a patronizing decision on John McCain's part- and insulting to females everywhere that he would assume he'll get our vote by putting "A Woman" in that position.—Jennifer M., Anchorage, AK

So Governor Palin is a staunch anti-choice religious conservative. She's a global warming denier who shares John McCain's commitment to Big Oil. And she's dramatically inexperienced.

In picking Sarah Palin, John McCain has made the religious right very happy. And he's made a very dangerous decision for our country.

In the next few days, many Americans will be wondering what McCain's vice-presidential choice means. Please pass this information along to your friends and family.

Thanks for all you do.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »
What exactly is wrong with drilling in Alaska and foreign oil independence?

Novella

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Stop reading the Republicans talking points, take some time and read up on Obama's policy it is well documented on his website. I will post the link for you.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

The guys has only passed one bill in the entirety of his senate career. He has used the most tax payer money traveling than any other member of the senate. He's done nothing to warrant the approbation he's recieved. He's a great public speaker, he's running a historical campaign, and he has a crap load of charisma, but other than that he is impotent.

P.S. I'm not a Republican and I think that it is silly of you to say that while repeating the same recycled tripe his supporters are spewing out with very little thought.