Author Topic: Tyler Bledsoe Jenkem Interview  (Read 7958 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
Re: Tyler Bledsoe Jenkem Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 06:41:14 AM »
Woah that was a good read. Stoked to hear he got a lot of benefits of heroic doses of mushrooms. I totally got into the same thing in 2020 doing 5 gram+ doses in silent darkness and would communicate with entities. I 100% know what Tyler is saying when it opened him up to the spiritual side of life for the first time and felt like 20 years of therapy in 10 sessions. It’s truly mindblowing but has changed my life so much for the better. Also agree with his takes on LSD and DMT. Mushrooms feel so natural and I swear when you dose high enough in silence, the mushrooms or entities or whatever you want to call it speak to you in whatever language you speak. I’ve carried out hours long conversations with the wisest voice ever giving me advice, showing me instances where character flaws I need to work on have causes unnecessary stresses in my life. I think everyone should have this experience at least one in their life

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 06:50:13 AM »
This thread has a certain smell to it
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 06:53:37 AM »
Woah that was a good read. Stoked to hear he got a lot of benefits of heroic doses of mushrooms. I totally got into the same thing in 2020 doing 5 gram+ doses in silent darkness and would communicate with entities. I 100% know what Tyler is saying when it opened him up to the spiritual side of life for the first time and felt like 20 years of therapy in 10 sessions. It’s truly mindblowing but has changed my life so much for the better. Also agree with his takes on LSD and DMT. Mushrooms feel so natural and I swear when you dose high enough in silence, the mushrooms or entities or whatever you want to call it speak to you in whatever language you speak. I’ve carried out hours long conversations with the wisest voice ever giving me advice, showing me instances where character flaws I need to work on have causes unnecessary stresses in my life. I think everyone should have this experience at least one in their life

Well said.  I share the same sediment, everyone should try mushrooms at least once in your lifetime

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 06:58:22 AM »

I could see him paying homage to Brandon Szafranksi in his next video part by shouting, "MUSHROOMS SAVE LIVES!!!!"

they really do though. they're the ultimate spiritual medicine and they have the ability to cure the ultimate spiritual sicknesses. in my case; childhood trauma, losing my father, the trauma I've bestowed upon myself by terrible choices I've made, etc. in my opinion 5 grams is the threshold of a heroic dose. a half ounce eaten intermittently over the course of a few hours will get you there without the overwhelming rush of HOLY FUCK EVERYTHING IS MELTING. start with a couple grams, dip your toes in the pool, then munch a few more every hour and a half or so. And yeah, meditation is an absolute must whether you're eating psychedelics or not.

I had a meditation experience maybe 2 months ago or so, completely sober, and I was able to get to what some may call, "The Godhead." I found myself repeating mantras in my head that started with things like, "I am healthy, I am fulfilled," and they got deeper and deeper until subconsciously I was feeling the words, "I am Love, I am One," vibrate throughout my entire being.

When I came out if it my pupils were HUGE. Everything around me had a very flowy more vibrant feel, similar to mushrooms. I guess it could be closely related to a kundalini awaking of some sort. I have a video of my eyes and I look like I'm fuuuucked up. It was INCREDIBLE.

Go meditate!!!

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 07:06:28 AM »

Do you think the entities and voices are most likely you giving advice to yourself? Or are they other life forms communicating with you?

kabi

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 07:11:42 AM »
This thread has a certain smell to it

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -126
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes

GetItStraitRideKrooked

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 07:36:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you think the entities and voices are most likely you giving advice to yourself? Or are they other life forms communicating with you?

I honestly don’t know, but can tell you it felt real like other life forms communicating with me that knew every single thing about me. I know you can rationalize it as you yourself talking to you in a spun out psychedelic state. What I will say is the voice I communicated with was female and I’m male. It knew everything about me, even got stern with me at points. It even had a sense of humor making me laugh hysterically so many times. Also made me weep more than I ever have. I personally believe what I experienced was real and it pushed me from an atheist to an agnostic.

Meditation really is key for getting in those spaces and not freaking out. You just have to let go, trust the experience and whatever it brings you

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 08:07:46 AM »
'"Are you on Vans or could you wear whatever?"

I was just buying them for a while and then somebody hit me up from there and they were like, “You can just order them, you don’t need to buy them.” So, that’s basically all I’ve been wearing. I don’t get paid by them or have a contract so I don’t think I’m necessarily obligated."'

good for him. i'm glad he's in a place he seems satisfied with, i've always been a massive fan, since the glasses wearing bledsoe days

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 08:11:08 AM »
I once ate the bag. Way too many shrooms. At one point I just gave up trying to sleep and just floated away into darkness. But the next morning I had one of the worst hang overs ever. I didn’t drink alcohol for 3 months.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 08:50:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well said.  I share the same sediment, everyone should try mushrooms at least once in your lifetime

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2022, 08:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

is this tyler bledsoe in the room with you right now?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 09:04:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

is this tyler bledsoe in the room with you right now?

sounds like a dream cum true 😍

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • Free Max B
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 09:19:32 AM »
Did they speak on him singing his own song Mindfield? I wonder why he never took his music career more seriously.

Glad the shamanic dose shit worked out for him. That shit was cool to fuck around with in highschool. micrososing isn’t a word I remember hearing in 2006, but I do remember it being a thing in my zone that taking less than an 8th is a waste of time and money. If you weren’t gonna eat a slice of pizza with a slice of mushrooms save your money go buy some emericas type shit.
Definitely had some enjoyable afternoons cruising around laughing hysterical off that shit, glad I got it out of my system early though.
I was pretty over that shit after hearing multiple stories of skateboarders I knew eating some sourced from alphabet city (idk why anyone would do this to begin with) and lost their minds for good. I’m sure they were sprayed with who knows what RC but still. Kids could have had skate careers.
Do your research and know what you’re getting from who, no matter what it is.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 09:20:45 AM »
   What's the yawn situation like at 5 grams plus?
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

GetItStraitRideKrooked

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 10:16:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Very frequent yawning and really teary eyes. Not enough to bother me or anything but at those doses yawning definitely gets ramped up a bit.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2022, 10:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Depends on what you're doing really. I tend to only get the yawns if I'm sitting or laying down, or if I'm not really engaged in anything.

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »
I have known Tyler for years, since he was a little kid on Twigs. Watching him grow into the skater and human he has become has been awesome. I recently got to connect with him again and it was great to hear how well he is doing and what an awesome space he is in mentally, skating and in life.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 11:10:14 AM »
I do remember it being a thing in my zone that taking less than an 8th is a waste of time and money.
yeah same here, i wish i knew you could have fun doing smaller doses instead of going whole hog my first time.
out of the handful or so times i have done bigger doses of shrooms i've only had 2 genuinely good experiences. as cool as communicating with spirits and entities sounds i don't think i could subject myself to a serious mushroom trip ever again.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
I like what he said about Quasi/Chad Bowers and sponsors being fine with him in Portland. I actually think its really sick that Quasi has pros who hold down their own scene like Bobby in Toronto, Tyler in Portland, Justin Henry in Columbus, and Gilbert in Richmond. I think one of the best developments of the social media era is pros not having to live in Califronia or NY/Philly to have a viable career.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 11:31:55 AM »
I find it interesting that 5 grams is considered a mind-opening dose. In HS my first trip was 1/8th oz from an older bearded fella that had a shroom farm in Humboldt. Next several trips were all around 7g or so. We just thought that that's what you ate. I thought I had died once and could slow down and redirect rain. I had just gotten in a huge argument with my parents and it helped me contextualize the consequences of the things I said when angry and the fragility of life. I've made it a priority to be more patient and kind to them and others ever since. I'm still kind of a blunt butthole, but less of one.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2022, 11:42:04 AM »
Tyler is one of the most underrated pros of all time. Love this dude. Everything he puts out is gold.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2022, 11:45:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had a meditation experience maybe 2 months ago or so, completely sober, and I was able to get to what some may call, "The Godhead." I found myself repeating mantras in my head that started with things like, "I am healthy, I am fulfilled," and they got deeper and deeper until subconsciously I was feeling the words, "I am Love, I am One," vibrate throughout my entire being.

When I came out if it my pupils were HUGE. Everything around me had a very flowy more vibrant feel, similar to mushrooms. I guess it could be closely related to a kundalini awaking of some sort. I have a video of my eyes and I look like I'm fuuuucked up. It was INCREDIBLE.

Go meditate!!!

I'm not a great or regular meditator, but when I was in somewhat regular practice, there were a few times when I got there, and hit the sweet spot, the "godhead", whatever. It's a feeling unlike any other, even if it sometimes lasts for only a few seconds before you come back into your head. I've never experienced anything like it with psychedelics but I certainly see the similarity.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2022, 11:49:03 AM »
I like what he said about Quasi/Chad Bowers and sponsors being fine with him in Portland. I actually think its really sick that Quasi has pros who hold down their own scene like Bobby in Toronto, Tyler in Portland, Justin Henry in Columbus, and Gilbert in Richmond. I think one of the best developments of the social media era is pros not having to live in Califronia or NY/Philly to have a viable career.

Agreed. I think that's the future for a lot of pro skaters, especially those without six-figure shoe deals who have no realistic chance of affording a decent life for themselves in SF/LA/SD.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2022, 12:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I honestly don’t know, but can tell you it felt real like other life forms communicating with me that knew every single thing about me. I know you can rationalize it as you yourself talking to you in a spun out psychedelic state. What I will say is the voice I communicated with was female and I’m male. It knew everything about me, even got stern with me at points. It even had a sense of humor making me laugh hysterically so many times. Also made me weep more than I ever have. I personally believe what I experienced was real and it pushed me from an atheist to an agnostic.

Meditation really is key for getting in those spaces and not freaking out. You just have to let go, trust the experience and whatever it brings you

Thank you for sharing your experience. I too (formely atheist) become an agnostic after taking a big dose of mushrooms!

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »
I find it interesting that 5 grams is considered a mind-opening dose. In HS my first trip was 1/8th oz from an older bearded fella that had a shroom farm in Humboldt. Next several trips were all around 7g or so. We just thought that that's what you ate. I thought I had died once and could slow down and redirect rain. I had just gotten in a huge argument with my parents and it helped me contextualize the consequences of the things I said when angry and the fragility of life. I've made it a priority to be more patient and kind to them and others ever since. I'm still kind of a blunt butthole, but less of one.

What a beautiful experience. I love that mushrooms can take you outside of your normal "operating system," so you can truly look at things for what they are without sacrificing the meaningful spiritual connection to what that reality may be. MDMA therapy has helped so many people because you can look at your experiences without the attachment or emotion, but with mushrooms you still have your spiritual perspective in tact. I once did sanctioned MDMA therapy and it made me realize that what happened to me as a child wasn't my fault. I've meditated about the same experience on mushrooms before and it gave me so much empathy for the person who blessed me with that trauma.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2022, 01:39:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. I think that's the future for a lot of pro skaters, especially those without six-figure shoe deals who have no realistic chance of affording a decent life for themselves in SF/LA/SD.
Seems like even classically LA brands like Baker are pretty spread out these days. Elissa, TFunk and Zach in SF, Jacopo in Milan, Casper in the UK, Figgys in Austin. I think this is a good way of making videos feel fresh and not one noted spotwise.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2022, 01:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Help a brother out.  It’s “sentiment”, holmes. Not trying to be an ass one bit.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2022, 02:28:49 PM »
“I feel like the dumbest skaters are always the best because they’re not overthinking anything.”

Amazing quote because it feels like a very inadvertent Grant Taylor diss.