Author Topic: Gino X Adidas 11/5/22  (Read 8248 times)

Toadfish Rebecchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
Re: Gino X Adidas 11/5/22
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Gino sells boards and is held in so high regard is some sort of self fulfilling prophecy.
theres this old head in my town who has a clothing shop and he really sucks at skating he only does wallies and nose manuals and he loves gino and thats what i imagine the average gino fan to be.
they suck at skating but kept doing it and now they think they can teach people about style but they only do the most basic shit tricks with no risk or fear of having to bail or looking stupid.

just watch ginos yeah right part and realize how
1. fucking awful this video was cut
2. how many different cameras and fisheyes they've used
3. how scatchy he was actually skating

it all started with dill calling him the god. its a hidden gay he looks like a italian dad with culture in his heart complex.
nothing wrong about being gay!!! just saying it is what it is.
give marc johnson a shoe he deserves it and not to be kicked of.
[close]

You think Gino’s success started because Dill called him the  god? What era did you start skating? You seem confused about history.
[close]

no his success started earlier his second wind started when dill started to call him the god of style and every hipster old head who dick rides dill acted like they were thinking the same all those years. he was good but not A List style and tricks good in my opinion. i started skating in 2002
[close]

You seem super out of touch. Second wind? He was never not considered the god. And he was always held in higher regard than Dill? You’re talking nonsense, man. Go back and read some old mags and watch some vids. Just because you only took notice because of something Dill said, doesn’t mean that’s the case for anyone else.
[close]

he was absolutly not considered the god during a very long time period and he'd even tell you the same.
i dont even think he was considered that during his active time. he wasnt known for it like f.e. ishod is right now.
i never said he wasnt better than dill but luckily dill started FA and gave him the cosign which made him relevant again without even dropping any footage. thats a second wind if you ask me. even if he was the god to you all along he wasnt known for having a particular good style around the world. maybe if you live in la or ny but everyone else just saw his last real part as a filler part in yeah right. sorry for hurting your feelings but hes not that special. get over it.

i love adidas sambas and really like the shoe.

Yes, he absolutely was. You’re making an idiot of yourself.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

1080isthebeststunt

• Rep: -30
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2022, 06:13:40 AM »
whatever i can live without gino i have a regular hard full time job and skate better than that old man and i rock adidas sambas since im a little kid. fuck gino

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2022, 06:14:28 AM »
Gino wouldnt let me pet his dog fuck gino

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2022, 06:24:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Gino sells boards and is held in so high regard is some sort of self fulfilling prophecy.
theres this old head in my town who has a clothing shop and he really sucks at skating he only does wallies and nose manuals and he loves gino and thats what i imagine the average gino fan to be.
they suck at skating but kept doing it and now they think they can teach people about style but they only do the most basic shit tricks with no risk or fear of having to bail or looking stupid.

it all started with dill calling him the god. its a hidden gay he looks like a italian dad with culture in his heart complex.
[close]

You think Gino’s success started because Dill called him the  god? What era did you start skating? You seem confused about history.
[close]

no his success started earlier his second wind started when dill started to call him the god of style and every hipster old head who dick rides dill acted like they were thinking the same all those years. he was good but not A List style and tricks good in my opinion. i started skating in 2002
[close]

You seem super out of touch. Second wind? He was never not considered the god. And he was always held in higher regard than Dill? You’re talking nonsense, man. Go back and read some old mags and watch some vids. Just because you only took notice because of something Dill said, doesn’t mean that’s the case for anyone else.
[close]

he was absolutly not considered the god during a very long time period and he'd even tell you the same.
i dont even think he was considered that during his active time. he wasnt known for it like f.e. ishod is right now.
i never said he wasnt better than dill but luckily dill started FA and gave him the cosign which made him relevant again without even dropping any footage. thats a second wind if you ask me. even if he was the god to you all along he wasnt known for having a particular good style around the world. maybe if you live in la or ny but everyone else just saw his last real part as a filler part in yeah right. sorry for hurting your feelings but hes not that special. get over it.

[close]

man im such a idiot that some dude was considered a god by the crailtap clan the biggest milkers of the whole industry who kept people flow who were 20 time better than them but never actually dropped any video parts themselves. go to a crailtap demo in europe and see how their flow team outshined every single of their riders because they suck if it wasnt for video parts that took them 8 years to film.

skateboarding is bigger than california and gino was never considered a god. every single rider in yeah right has more tricks than he has lmao that dude is not brian anderson level

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2022, 06:52:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

man im such a idiot that some dude was considered a god by the crailtap clan the biggest milkers of the whole industry who kept people flow who were 20 time better than them but never actually dropped any video parts themselves. go to a crailtap demo in europe and see how their flow team outshined every single of their riders because they suck if it wasnt for video parts that took them 8 years to film.

skateboarding is bigger than california and gino was never considered a god. every single rider in yeah right has more tricks than he has lmao that dude is not brian anderson level

He’s from New York…

And he rode for Black Label when he backside heelflipped the Gonz gap at EMB and switch flipped the Hubba stairs on same trip out to SF (both published in same Thrasher). Those two tricks alone were spoken about worldwide when that issue came out. 
But then he got on 101 (long before Crailtap) and his 20 Shot part was (aside from maybe Henry’s in Pack of Lies) possibly the most watched video part on the planet.

Why are you talking about Yeah Right? You know he’d already been pro for almost a decade when that came out? Because you only started skating then, and that’s your only point of reference?

I’m sorry you have to go to your “hard” working job, but being jealous of someone else’s success doesn’t mean you get to disregard history.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2022, 07:16:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s from New York…

And he rode for Black Label when he backside heelflipped the Gonz gap at EMB and switch flipped the Hubba stairs on same trip out to SF (both published in same Thrasher). Those two tricks alone were spoken about worldwide when that issue came out. 
But then he got on 101 (long before Crailtap) and his 20 Shot part was (aside from maybe Henry’s in Pack of Lies) possibly the most watched video part on the planet.

Why are you talking about Yeah Right? You know he’d already been pro for almost a decade when that came out? Because you only started skating then, and that’s your only point of reference?

I’m sorry you have to go to your “hard” working job, but being jealous of someone else’s success doesn’t mean you get to disregard history.

has he ever talked about how adidas or sambas meant anything to him? he is just sponsor hopping nowerdays without footage or a reason for it. if you rock sambas because of gino you are an idiot. he can have his place its just stupid that he gets shoes on adidas and nike and kader gets called out during his active career and this dude doesnt bring anything to the table except making all black shoes with his name on it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2022, 08:47:35 AM »
Clearly neither of you value the silhouette of a middle aged man jumping rope....

Fartknocker415

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2022, 09:06:39 AM »
This Dude 1080 went from arguing about Gino being overrated now cherry picking “but did Gino ever say he loves adidas ??!!!” Lmao

burner

• Rep: 94
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s from New York…

Pure gold from a golden era.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2022, 09:55:10 AM »
Ugliest shoes I’ve ever seen from Adidas hahaha wtf

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2022, 10:02:35 AM »
I remember being surprised a few years ago when Gino was asked, while still on Nike, what his all-time favorite skate shoe was and he said the Campus.

Trilogy came out 26 years ago but you could put out his part tomorrow and it would still blow minds.

Gino is like the Michael Haneke of skateboarding. In his own lane, impeccable sense of style/taste, not the most prolific, but what he does put out is both perfect, and perfectly original. Falling off a bit in old age, but what can you expect from them?Code Unknown and Caché are like Trilogy and Chocolate Tour. Yeah Right is, I guess, The White Ribbon. Snuff is Benny's Video.

It'd be sick if Adidas put out a Haneke Tischtennis shoe. I'd buy that over Gino's boxing boots.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2022, 10:46:10 AM »
Hope Adidas comes out with a Snake Plissken pro model next

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2022, 11:45:26 AM »
Just got mine, but they’re a big narrow for my wide-ass feet. I’m bummed because they look amazing.

I know he sells a lot of shoes, but guys are aware Michael Jordan is no longer the world’s best basketball player, right?

Well aware, but Gino is absolutely not Jordan status.

For the record as well, the back heel wasn’t a make, even if the landing was as big as a football stadium he would have jumped off.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2022, 02:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s from New York…

[close]

has he ever talked about how adidas or sambas meant anything to him? he is just sponsor hopping nowerdays without footage or a reason for it. if you rock sambas because of gino you are an idiot. he can have his place its just stupid that he gets shoes on adidas and nike and kader gets called out during his active career and this dude doesnt bring anything to the table except making all black shoes with his name on it.

You’re not very good at arguing. You’re supposed to stick with a point that you’re trying to make and use evidence to back it up. That’s how it works.
I didn’t mention wearing Sambas and Kader literally had nothing to do with any of this. You just threw him in there to add a little bit of whataboutism into the mix.

ilovegay

• Rep: 11
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2022, 07:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Just got mine, but they’re a big narrow for my wide-ass feet. I’m bummed because they look amazing.

I know he sells a lot of shoes, but guys are aware Michael Jordan is no longer the world’s best basketball player, right?
[close]

Well aware, but Gino is absolutely not Jordan status.

For the record as well, the back heel wasn’t a make, even if the landing was as big as a football stadium he would have jumped off.

Amen. Didn’t he even say it wasn’t a make.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2022, 09:58:30 PM »
Hope Adidas comes out with a Snake Plissken pro model next

Interested

Kanteen Russell

• Rep: -72
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2022, 10:29:49 PM »
There should really be an award for milking it to the extent gino has all these years, it's truly remarkable. Considering he was grossly overrated to begin with, I think the only contender who should get the first place gold before him would be that midget from Chocolate, Danny something.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2022, 02:06:00 AM »
There should really be an award for milking it to the extent gino has all these years, it's truly remarkable. Considering he was grossly overrated to begin with, I think the only contender who should get the first place gold before him would be that midget from Chocolate, Danny something.

Mike V would like to have a word with you

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2022, 01:40:51 PM »
I like Gino and I like these

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2022, 02:08:33 PM »

pouring one out for all the am/pro boxers that could've gotten a shoe if only this deadbeat would stop milking the boxing scene

Converse super high tops are back.? What the frick are those.?

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2022, 06:26:36 PM »
I remember being surprised a few years ago when Gino was asked, while still on Nike, what his all-time favorite skate shoe was and he said the Campus.

Trilogy came out 26 years ago but you could put out his part tomorrow and it would still blow minds.

Gino is like the Michael Haneke of skateboarding. In his own lane, impeccable sense of style/taste, not the most prolific, but what he does put out is both perfect, and perfectly original. Falling off a bit in old age, but what can you expect from them?Code Unknown and Caché are like Trilogy and Chocolate Tour. Yeah Right is, I guess, The White Ribbon. Snuff is Benny's Video.

It'd be sick if Adidas put out a Haneke Tischtennis shoe. I'd buy that over Gino's boxing boots.

wow, this is the best shit I've ever read on here! sensational. Haneke the goat. I'd buy those shoes too

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2022, 09:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote

pouring one out for all the am/pro boxers that could've gotten a shoe if only this deadbeat would stop milking the boxing scene
[close]

Converse super high tops are back.? What the frick are those.?

I interpret it as Gino fancies himself as a washed up old boxer because he's from Joisey and wears sweatpants so Adidas made him a premium leather skytop? Makes sense.

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -144
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2022, 12:13:29 AM »
i want marc johnson to have a shoe

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2022, 01:14:18 AM »
i want marc johnson to have a shoe ride his skatebord and let the people see it.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2022, 03:53:42 AM »
Expand Quote
i want marc jake johnson to have a shoe, ride his skatebord, and let the people see it.
[close]

Trilogy

• Rep: -289
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2022, 07:16:49 AM »
to be honest I didnt really enjoy Gino´s Yeah Right part, I think his decline started around that era, but till then everything from him was pure gold, the style, the way he moves, the trick selection, the fits, the city he is from, his best friend was Keenan, the companies he represented...everything GOLD!

Why are you guys mad at some billion dollar company like Adidas giving an old skate legend some coin and respect??

we as a skate community all should be happy that our old heroes and mates being comfortable or would you rather that old skate pros to be broke and homeless???

GTFOH with that BS!!!!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 07:24:04 AM by Trilogy »

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2022, 07:35:23 AM »
Gino “Rocky Marciano” Iannucci

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2022, 08:52:39 AM »
Gino is probably the only pro I will never call out for milking it. It is still so crazy to me how he has such a distinct (and beautiful) style! I honestly don't care how hard he goes anymore, I'm just loving the 10 seconds of pivots we get every now and then, because they also look amazing!

I said a few times that Nigel impresses me more with his athletic skills rather than his skate skills. Current Gino is the exact opposite of that.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2022, 09:17:23 AM »
"Adidas!!!"

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2022, 09:43:55 AM »
well the shoe is part of the Respect Your Roots series and apparently that has been lost on some folks. Gino earned his lifetime card a long time ago. You can try and argue that some young gun deserves the attention but you're wrong. The reason why skating has become so mainstream is because people like Gino made it look good.

Free Charlie Rambo