Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 583868 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5490 on: March 07, 2022, 06:08:19 PM »
Do most people that skate black wheels genuinely like how they look?  Or is it an ironic “so ugly it’s cool” kinda thing?  Sort of like the purposefully jarring mullet of skateboard wheels.

Or is it more about just going against whatever the majority of people are doing?  So hypothetically, if the vast majority of skaters traditionally rode black wheels, would they be the ones skating white ones?

These are very important questions.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #5491 on: March 07, 2022, 07:04:30 PM »
Do most people that skate black wheels genuinely like how they look?  Or is it an ironic “so ugly it’s cool” kinda thing?  Sort of like the purposefully jarring mullet of skateboard wheels.

Or is it more about just going against whatever the majority of people are doing?  So hypothetically, if the vast majority of skaters traditionally rode black wheels, would they be the ones skating white ones?

Known two people who regularly skated black wheels. One was because "they don't get dirty" the other was a guy who would ride completely blacked out setups, which itself was such a lunatic move it was almost cool.(emphasis on almost)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5492 on: March 07, 2022, 09:08:38 PM »
What in the fuck am I doing?

I recently quit a job that I had lost faith in (and didn't pay nearly enough).

The new job pays a salary closer to what I feel I deserve but it is fucking boring. If I don't get fired I should be able to leverage it into a position that pays really well and is closer to what I went to school for, but I'll spend my life just making some rich asshole even richer.

Capitalism is fucking dumb.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5493 on: March 09, 2022, 04:45:52 PM »
^My current job is boring and tedious. The main pluses are I WFH and the pay is good. Capitalism is pretty dumb and bound to fail at some point. We're kinda fucked in that respect if it comes crashing down in our lifetimes.

Unrelated but I was pondering if you can tell if someone is a skater without any obvious clues like holes in their shoes or they're carrying a skateboard.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5494 on: March 11, 2022, 06:07:57 AM »
"how dare you?" Is such a shitty sentence/question. It doesn't even make sense. Shouldn't it be "how do you dare to?"? Or is it some old Shakespeare quote or something that's just stuck around forever. 

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #5495 on: March 11, 2022, 06:40:10 AM »
Let’s say hypothetically you read a plaque on college grounds and commit it to memory. Technically speaking you could in turn say you studied there. No?
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5496 on: March 11, 2022, 06:44:23 AM »
What in the fuck am I doing?

I recently quit a job that I had lost faith in (and didn't pay nearly enough).

The new job pays a salary closer to what I feel I deserve but it is fucking boring. If I don't get fired I should be able to leverage it into a position that pays really well and is closer to what I went to school for, but I'll spend my life just making some rich asshole even richer.

Capitalism is fucking dumb.

we can switch and you can bust down pallets on a dock in all weather if ur so bored :)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5497 on: March 11, 2022, 01:21:37 PM »
Internet essentials is just way to try and force disabled people to give up the social security number.

I frickin did it after my family assured me it would be ok and I am full of regret.

That and the address are the only information they got right. Now I still got no internet and I gotta wait several days for the application to be resent to my email?

I can’t wrap my head around any of this at all.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5498 on: March 11, 2022, 07:17:16 PM »
Let’s say hypothetically you read a plaque on college grounds and commit it to memory. Technically speaking you could in turn say you studied there. No?

If that’s the case, I recently studied at Back of a Box of Frosted Flakes University, but I’m not about to go around bragging about it.

-

Has there been any explanation of how Carmen Sandiego stole such big stuff?  There’s no way she’s fitting the Golden Gate bridge under that trench coat.  Starting to detect some bullshit on this one.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 07:48:25 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5499 on: March 11, 2022, 11:09:13 PM »
Wonder woman is a fucking asshole. No I've never read a comic in my life I'm just going off the movies. So she is basically Superman's equal even if slightly less powerful she is still a god amongst regular humans. So she just decided to join the allies and kills thousands of Germans (Not Nazis it was ww1) because why? Chris pine? Then when she is in modern day she is still killing regular humans all the time. Throwing them thru concrete walls and even exploding them with her gauntlet things shockwaves. She is clearly shown being able to easily move faster than bullets multiple times. She could just as easily restrain people no problem. Basically she is the absolute max of police brutality.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5500 on: March 12, 2022, 07:07:38 AM »
Tech decks are the worst end of skateboarding. Wheels bushings and bearing race cages should be the only bad things skating will leave behind. I really wish satori would make eco bushings. If that works it would be huge af. At least olive oil shock pads.

When I see someone with a tech deck I’m like I bet you use Kcups too. I can close my eyes and I see our kids ankle deep in plastic. Don’t forget that the south east Nation that used to take the us’s trash barges to Americans to eat our plastic.

We’re fricking doomed.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5501 on: March 13, 2022, 02:09:48 PM »
^My current job is boring and tedious. The main pluses are I WFH and the pay is good. Capitalism is pretty dumb and bound to fail at some point. We're kinda fucked in that respect if it comes crashing down in our lifetimes.

Unrelated but I was pondering if you can tell if someone is a skater without any obvious clues like holes in their shoes or they're carrying a skateboard.

There is a look, especially to older dudes. It is obvious, but what the key markers are I can't say.

I feel like carrying a skateboard and holes in the shoes are signs someone doesn't skate (well). I feel at a certain point we get spoiled and become less tolerant of the wear and tear on our shoes and carrying a skateboarding is something we often avoid.

I brought my skateboard with me to an art show yesterday and I felt super awkward. For the past decade if someone who doesn't skates ask me if I can skate I tell them, "I wish that would be super cool" or if they catch me on my board and ask if I can ollie, kickflip, or whatever, I respond, "Nope, I'm just learning. Can you?"  It is the opposite of middle-school of when I wanted everyone to know I skated.

we can switch and you can bust down pallets on a dock in all weather if ur so bored :)

Shit, I'm not in shape to do manual labor again. My buddy does some work that pays about 500 a day... he only works 2 days a week, but shit it is wearing on his body now. I'm not sure how long he can keep up with it.

How about we just figure out a way for you to come be bored with me?

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5502 on: March 13, 2022, 02:23:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There is a look, especially to older dudes. It is obvious, but what the key markers are I can't say.

I feel like carrying a skateboard and holes in the shoes are signs someone doesn't skate (well). I feel at a certain point we get spoiled and become less tolerant of the wear and tear on our shoes and carrying a skateboarding is something we often avoid.

I brought my skateboard with me to an art show yesterday and I felt super awkward. For the past decade if someone who doesn't skates ask me if I can skate I tell them, "I wish that would be super cool" or if they catch me on my board and ask if I can ollie, kickflip, or whatever, I respond, "Nope, I'm just learning. Can you?"  It is the opposite of middle-school of when I wanted everyone to know I skated.

Expand Quote

[close]

Shit, I'm not in shape to do manual labor again. My buddy does some work that pays about 500 a day... he only works 2 days a week, but shit it is wearing on his body now. I'm not sure how long he can keep up with it.

How about we just figure out a way for you to come be bored with me?
Don't know what your homie is doing but I'd suck dicks for $500 a day and you better believe I'm going hard for more than 2 days a week.

As for telling who skates, I think most of us dress different than the populace. It could be a hat or beanie. It could be the cut of the pants or the ever present hoodie. I personally don't dress like a skater so I'm actually a little impressed when someone clocks me, the sad looking overweight black man, as a skater. I must be holding myself in a familiar way.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5503 on: March 13, 2022, 04:41:02 PM »
^^ Parking cars at really really fancy restaurants on Fri/Sat.

The $500 days are pretty much only possible on Fri/Sat and requires all day/evening shifts. Sadly, this isn't happening on a Tuesday, so it makes sense to stick with just two days a week.

My dad's cousin is insanely wealthy (for a person who actually labored at one point in life), I went out to lunch with her near Rodeo Drive once... she tipped over $20 to the valet, she threw the waitress a ton of money, and gave me $250 for "pocket money." It seems she had more money than she knew what to do with and was just handing it out like it was candy. If you're at the right place, you can make some serious money.

Brguy

« Reply #5504 on: March 14, 2022, 08:11:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Known two people who regularly skated black wheels. One was because "they don't get dirty" the other was a guy who would ride completely blacked out setups, which itself was such a lunatic move it was almost cool.(emphasis on almost)
As someone who wears mostly black clothes I find this understandable, but also weird because why go through the trouble.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #5505 on: March 14, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »

TECHNICALLY you can justify or lie to yourself about anything.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5506 on: March 14, 2022, 03:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

TECHNICALLY you can justify or lie to yourself about anything.

Why come?

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5507 on: March 14, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »
where are all the bugs going?
i remember years ago needing to fight mosquitos off on summer evenings, and bees going around everywhere.
there are pesticides and all, but surely they'd keep breeding and keeping the population up, right?
there's just less of them around, and while it's convenient it would be shitty for us all to die when there's no pollination happening.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #5508 on: March 17, 2022, 12:32:52 PM »
What drives a skater to pursue getting a clip with their hood up? Is it for the subtle head protection despite countless heavier clips also risking head injury with no hood? Is it pure forced sneeze? Is it a random choice spur of the moment and they happened to land it on the one with the hood up?

Then what drives someone to wear their hood up in a goofy fashion? In talking about the strings pulled real tight or ears sticking out the hood.  Some clips are clearly just messing around but I swear some of these fools have some deliberate planning around it in attempt to force some wack sneeze

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5509 on: March 17, 2022, 01:16:26 PM »
What drives a skater to pursue getting a clip with their hood up? Is it for the subtle head protection despite countless heavier clips also risking head injury with no hood? Is it pure forced sneeze? Is it a random choice spur of the moment and they happened to land it on the one with the hood up?

Then what drives someone to wear their hood up in a goofy fashion? In talking about the strings pulled real tight or ears sticking out the hood.  Some clips are clearly just messing around but I swear some of these fools have some deliberate planning around it in attempt to force some wack sneeze

I always attributed the style to the superior aerodynamics of having tight fabric while of pushing into a headwind.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #5510 on: March 17, 2022, 04:35:06 PM »
today I pondered the mental gymnastics one must go through when they're on a, 'spiritual journey free of ego,' but all they display is their ego and how it controls their life...

for example, this new chick started working at my office who is undeniably (physically) attractive and sports a name given to her by her, "guru," in India. This chick bills herself as someone who's on a spiritual pursuit of enlightenment, someone who isn't shallow, just, ya know lyke, God bro... yet all I see is someone who wrestles with their old habits (like using her sexuality to get what she wants) and what she WANTS to present herself as... and all I can see is the pain it causes her.

I don't wish spiritual pain on her, or anyone for that matter, by any means, but this chick is bad news bears, and could seriously put my job in jeopardy.

I pray for her.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #5511 on: March 17, 2022, 08:54:21 PM »
today I pondered the mental gymnastics one must go through when they're on a, 'spiritual journey free of ego,' but all they display is their ego and how it controls their life...

for example, this new chick started working at my office who is undeniably (physically) attractive and sports a name given to her by her, "guru," in India. This chick bills herself as someone who's on a spiritual pursuit of enlightenment, someone who isn't shallow, just, ya know lyke, God bro... yet all I see is someone who wrestles with their old habits (like using her sexuality to get what she wants) and what she WANTS to present herself as... and all I can see is the pain it causes her.

I don't wish spiritual pain on her, or anyone for that matter, by any means, but this chick is bad news bears, and could seriously put my job in jeopardy.

I pray for her.

Tell her she's Katie from this movie (GOAT movie btw)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #5512 on: March 17, 2022, 11:42:52 PM »

I pray for her.

Without knowing what kind of enlightenment path she is on, I think a lot  of those concepts ultimately turn around the ego (be yourself, be all you can be etc.) so it‘s inherent that the people living by them put themselves first. I worked with a girl on a similar path who was quite the bully. Praying for her is certainly the right thing to do.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Brguy

« Reply #5513 on: March 18, 2022, 11:14:30 AM »
Expand Quote

I pray for her.
[close]

Without knowing what kind of enlightenment path she is on, I think a lot  of those concepts ultimately turn around the ego (be yourself, be all you can be etc.) so it‘s inherent that the people living by them put themselves first. I worked with a girl on a similar path who was quite the bully. Praying for her is certainly the right thing to do.
I think those things have more to do with honesty, like not being a hypocrite is a nice start on being true to yourself. But usually you miss the mark hard when you forget about the parts about desire=pain and life=desire, if I recall correctly there's some talk of charity in there too, which already amounts to being a more selfless and helpful person.
Long story short don't start a spiritual jorney if you're too much of a moron to absorb the complexities of life and said spirituality, cause shit isn't as simple as saying you have a clean soul, usually there's a lot of being wrong, letting go and suffering the consequences of your egotism.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5514 on: March 19, 2022, 07:24:32 AM »
Ever skate the same thing as someone at a park or spot that you don’t particularly care for and end up getting some of their transferred paint off their deck onto yours?  It’s like your board has been slightly tainted by theirs in this asexual std way.

You can look down at that little smear of the accursed’s light blue paint from their Primitive dbz collab board and remember why you hate other skaters and, by extension, yourself a little bit.

I bet @silhouette has some psychological insight on what’s going on there.

jems

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5515 on: March 19, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
this morning I pondered killing myself but then I rolled a nice spliff and felt better
please send me tapes

Clone1984

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5516 on: March 19, 2022, 02:01:38 PM »
Adam and Eve. They were so innocent they couldn't know disobeying was right or wrong until after they disobeyed. Kinda a paradox there. Never really saw it that way until recently.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #5517 on: March 20, 2022, 10:59:50 PM »
Do any of you have a skin care routine & use a face moisturizer??? My friend recently stayed with me
& she made such a big deal about this. She was so passionate about using a skin moisturizer &  stressed the importance that men totally need to do this as much as women. Seems like a lot of work. She scolded me just for using soap to wash my face in the shower. I also put vitamin e lotion on my face & that’s the extent of my skin care routine

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5518 on: March 20, 2022, 11:11:52 PM »
Do any of you have a skin care routine & use a face moisturizer??? My friend recently stayed with me
& she made such a big deal about this. She was so passionate about using a skin moisturizer &  stressed the importance that men totally need to do this as much as women. Seems like a lot of work. She scolded me just for using soap to wash my face in the shower. I also put vitamin e lotion on my face & that’s the extent of my skin care routine
I have this idea that all the stuff like this is a con and once you start doing it regularly you have to always do it. One time they had this head and shoulders shampoo + conditioner on crazy sale so I just bought like 6 bottles. Now if I don't use it my hair goes all fucked up.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #5519 on: March 20, 2022, 11:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have this idea that all the stuff like this is a con and once you start doing it regularly you have to always do it. One time they had this head and shoulders shampoo + conditioner on crazy sale so I just bought like 6 bottles. Now if I don't use it my hair goes all fucked up.
You might be on to something. Feel the same way about ChapStick. Major con