Author Topic: A year with the homies. Godspeed 2020. These guys are clowns.  (Read 5620 times)

bssmithslide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: A year with the homies. Godspeed 2020. These guys are clowns.
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 04:31:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I honestly think kids these days don't understand how owning property works (not surprising all things considered). They seem to think that if you own property it just sits there and makes you money and you don't have to do anything and that's it. Like they don't understand liability or any of the myriad other reasons that someone might not want you skating and whooping it up with your homies outside their bedroom.

Either that or they just feel entitled to it.

I dunno i never had any issue just finding another spot or asking first and plenty of awesome videos are filmed without this kind of shit so it's not like it's a necessary evil.
[close]

That's what happens when a generation hoards up all the property, most kids in these big cities know they will never own any of it.. skaters skating property will be the least of the hoarder gen problems if it keeps up and they'll act surprised.
[close]

How old are you? Just curious. How does potentially not being able to afford property give kids the idea to disrespect people who do. Doesn’t add up or justify anything. I can’t afford good property either, but don’t go around shitting on people who were able to invest earlier and get some. Defense of their antics is embarrassing honestly.
old enough to know history, in past civilizations it's led to destruction and murder yet you don't see how it can add up to even abit of disrespect today? Really?

Also understanding and explaining something isn't justifying or defending it and honestly that mindset is quite embarrassing for an adult to have.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 04:50:58 AM »
Yall need to play golf or something.

IpathCats

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2022, 06:39:56 AM »
All 3 of them own houses

Weck should pull up and skate on their property

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 08:07:05 AM »
Started watching this and about a minute or so in Nak, Robert Neal, Ishod, and crew are arguing with some couple who appear to be trying to prevent them from skating THEIR house. Maybe I’ll wrong here and it’s a public building? If not, and really either way these guys come off as pathetic fucking losers who outta smacked up for their childish antics. I get it’s part of skating, getting kicked out etc, and they’re still (kind of?) young, but does this shit irk others too? Just full on baby attitudes.

Would you have preferred they get in a fight with them? Yeah, they're pretty cringey, but by the end the owners and them were all laughing. They stated their case of 'we don't want to make trouble but this is our job' in a peaceful way which is more than I ever expect from Nakel.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 08:17:57 AM »
I’m not clicking that

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 09:09:16 AM »
All 3 of them own houses
post the addresses...we got clips to get!
Free Charlie Rambo

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 09:10:59 AM »
Godspeed You! Wack Emperor

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 11:29:35 AM »
Post Your Steezy Clips Like Treflips to Instagram

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
All 3 of them own houses

better to stay quite and have them think you are an idiot then open your mouth and prove it..

nice first grade reading comprehension, i said skaters will be the least of their problems, not that skaters skate street because they don't have houses..

Also all 3 of them are closer to 30 then 15, in what world are they the younger generation when there are millions of teenage skaters out there??

I would say delete your post to hide your stupidity but now that i've quoted you that's impossible without my help isn't it? Tough, dm me what you think is a fair offer and i might think about deleting the post and saving your rep.

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2022, 03:02:02 AM »

somebody gnar this for me
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2022, 06:13:37 AM »
Not interested in the video that wasn’t linked but it’s the one where they’re at the house that looks like a castle and somebody says “nescessary evil” right? That’s not an office, it’s an apartment on James m wood and Hobart across from my house. The run up would be right outside multiple units’s front door and living room. Idk how Louie found the time to frontside flip it.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 80
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
that was pretty tame compared to what we've seen from this crew and Nak specifically. he/they still sound like fucking idiots and the fact that they think it's cool to put this shit in their videos is definitely lame as fuck, but i didn't find that interaction to be especially egregious.

that being said, i'm glad that this shit isn't really considered cool in skateboarding anymore for the most part. when i was younger it was extremely common to have footage of arguments with security guards, and frequently you'd see things coming to physical violence. i def remember internalizing that a bit as a 12 year old or whatever and thinking that was a "cool" part of skateboarding culture, and it wasn't until i got older that i realized that shit is lame as fuck. i'm sure that's probably a relatable experience for a lot of us who came up skating in the early 2000s but i'm glad kids coming up now don't get quite as much of that influence

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2022, 05:11:13 PM »

"There's an evil virus that's threatening mankind..."