Author Topic: Wtf even is violet going for  (Read 16664 times)

Dopethrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
Re: Wtf even is violet going for
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2023, 01:40:19 AM »
Violet does kinda suck to be fair

AceBoogie

• Rep: -37
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2023, 06:27:18 AM »
ive seen many brands come and go over the years.
this is definately one of them that'll be gone soon.
trying to make yourself seem inclusive and while not so quietly being a creep doesnt make you a "good" or "cool" person.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2023, 08:34:04 AM »
The real question is wtf even is Violet going for with Kader? Strobek poaches him from Baker to do nothing with him for what seems like two years now. I know Kader had surgery, but no pro board or part yet, just some throwaway footage and a recreation of Gino’s switch back tail from Trilogy for “the gram”?
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Dustgod

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2023, 09:08:54 AM »
The real question is wtf even is Violet going for with Kader? Strobek poaches him from Baker to do nothing with him for what seems like two years now. I know Kader had surgery, but no pro board or part yet, just some throwaway footage and a recreation of Gino’s switch back tail from Trilogy for “the gram”?

I don’t think violet has even been around for one year. But yea I don’t get it either. Kader making a fried decision. Shocker
Nice to meet you, I’m a artis

No Wave Comply

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2023, 09:24:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think violet has even been around for one year. But yea I don’t get it either. Kader making a fried decision. Shocker

Yeah, I meant to write what feels like two years. That had to have been one of the most drawn out and anticlimactic board sponsor switch ups in skate history.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2023, 09:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I meant to write what feels like two years. That had to have been one of the most drawn out and anticlimactic board sponsor switch ups in skate history.
sheckler, austyn toe drag gillette, and deedz would like to have a talk

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2023, 10:15:19 AM »
seems pretty cool to me  8)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2023, 10:29:22 AM »
I dislike violet for putting out a cheap stock champions jacket with a peace sign on it but if this is the type of people who also dislike the brand, I'll convert to skating those peace sign decks.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2023, 10:34:49 AM »

Ya, Cyrus had surgery and has been on a tear this year and plenty of other pros have rehabbed and crushed it. Kader's injury could be far worse, but for someone in his position he has a bank roll with zero stress. Given his hype with younger kids he could likely coast into various brand positions before finally just owning a used car dealership or something.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2023, 06:23:39 PM »
I dislike violet for putting out a cheap stock champions jacket with a peace sign on it but if this is the type of people who also dislike the brand, I'll convert to skating those peace sign decks.
I was in Burlington VT last week for a few days and stopped by Maven skateshop and saw the violet boards on the wall. And hear me out, they’re not that bad in person. The peace sign board is still a board with a fucking peace sign on it, but the others were pretty good looking.

MC3

• Rep: 133
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2023, 06:46:14 PM »
(Cool Trick GIF)

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2023, 07:04:24 PM »

I think Kader made that decision for himself by going to Violet in the first place.  That was a real bum move jumping from baker to Violet. I’ve said a lot of times on here that he’s a future SOTY, but now I’ve gotta eat my words.  Miss Marshall was right all along  :'(
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Troubadour26

• Rep: 82
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2023, 08:02:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was in Burlington VT last week for a few days and stopped by Maven skateshop and saw the violet boards on the wall. And hear me out, they’re not that bad in person. The peace sign board is still a board with a fucking peace sign on it, but the others were pretty good looking.

I was gonna talk shit on those peace sign boards but they’re priced at $52

Flabby cold demeanor

• Rep: -19

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 269
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2023, 03:53:28 AM »
Not sure man. I don’t pay attention to corny ass companies
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -6
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2023, 05:32:10 AM »
Yeah violet is big corny let's be real.

Just my take, but id say the problem is that given how successful FA was post cherry, that though they can just replicate that all over again. They released play dead and assumed just like cherry and blessed that violet would propel back to the top of popular culture. Unfortunately cherry came as a result of a perfect storm and they caught lightening in a bottle, blessed was able to reignite the brands, but the flame is out. Being a total hipster from nyc or la is not cool anymore. the pendulum of popular culture is very much swinging in the other direction and is over with that kind of cool kid branding and I'm fine with that.

Nothing annoyed me more than seeing some trust fund kid in a nyc edit purposefully trying to look like shit/ a struggling starving artist type with ripped clothes, a ratty shitty mullet, malnourished whatever, all the while they are promoting expensive ass clothing that resells for even more. The only people that can legitimate afford that shit are 9-5 working stiffs. True starving artists and creatives, the people that are trying to emulate, cant afford that shit. Violet, Supreme, FA that whole camp is the very definition of CORNY.

Ricky Vaughn

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2023, 05:45:07 AM »
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2023, 07:34:30 AM »

Nothing annoyed me more than seeing some trust fund kid in a nyc edit purposefully trying to look like shit/ a struggling starving artist type with ripped clothes, a ratty shitty mullet, malnourished whatever, all the while they are promoting expensive ass clothing that resells for even more. The only people that can legitimate afford that shit are 9-5 working stiffs. True starving artists and creatives, the people that are trying to emulate, cant afford that shit. Violet, Supreme, FA that whole camp is the very definition of CORNY.
I've heard people give Suciu shit for being from a well-off home and being a bit bougie but at least he's not hiding anything. The type of kid you're referring to is way more annoying for sure.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2023, 08:06:06 AM »

Just my take, but id say the problem is that given how successful FA was post cherry, that though they can just replicate that all over again. They released play dead and assumed just like cherry and blessed that violet would propel back to the top of popular culture. Unfortunately cherry came as a result of a perfect storm and they caught lightening in a bottle, blessed was able to reignite the brands, but the flame is out. Being a total hipster from nyc or la is not cool anymore. the pendulum of popular culture is very much swinging in the other direction and is over with that kind of cool kid branding and I'm fine with that.

The real cornball is you. A person's skating always speaks for itself. You know fuck-all about these kids' (parents') economic backgrounds. And it shouldn't fucking matter anyway. If you can't appreciate someone's skating because you don't like their fashion sense and you guess that they grew up with money, then you have no real love for skateboarding.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »
I think they’re just going for vibes. Nothing but vibes and bad graphics.

Ricky Vaughn

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2023, 08:51:52 AM »
I think they’re just going for vibes. Nothing but vibes and bad graphics.

Actually believe this is the correct answer.
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2023, 08:53:35 AM »
Violet, Supreme, FA that whole camp is the very definition of CORNY.

This. But I'm old and that shit isn't for me anyway so whatever. Let the kids do the shit kids do.

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -6
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2023, 10:49:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The real cornball is you. A person's skating always speaks for itself. You know fuck-all about these kids' (parents') economic backgrounds. And it shouldn't fucking matter anyway. If you can't appreciate someone's skating because you don't like their fashion sense and you guess that they grew up with money, then you have no real love for skateboarding.

Are you new here ? Half the threads on this site are about a skaters clothing or style choice.  Nigel Huston arguably one of the greatest skateboarders ever is essentially looked at as illegitimate because of his clothing choice. So to say I have no love for skateboarding because I’m concerned about their clothing? Nah homie try again you missed me with that fried ass take.

To the next point, it is well know a lot of those kids do indeed come from wealth and privileged means, but I will admit I can’t say that for sure about every single one of them. The main point howeverrr is that their image is completely disingenuous and inauthentic. On one hand they’re these dirty hip street kids on the forefront of all that is cool, trying to emulate the true artists or working class people that are actually struggling for a meal, or in a shitty work grind and are authentically cool. Doing this all while they have on a nice new 200 $ hoodie , 250$ pants , and some Nikes that resell for upwards of 300$ ? Nah my man they’re fucking corn balls all of them especially the corporate dickheads that are using that image to sell their corn ball ass clothing. If that’s cool to you then do you, rep that shit,  but don’t be mad at me for calling it out and speaking my truth

Do you roll around on super cool purple board and everything so people know how cool and hip you are too??

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2023, 10:51:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you have an opinion on a company you have no real love for skateboarding?

How do you feel about Element?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

No Wave Comply

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2023, 11:46:14 AM »
The best thing Violet has done is turn Troy Gipson pro.

manuduncan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2023, 02:10:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

didn't he leave for violet because he has like part ownership or equity stake in it with strobeck? i can understand leaving to build up a company that you will share in the profits of vs just being another player on the team (albeit the most popular player)

that being said i'll never buy a violet product but i can see the reasoning behind it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2023, 04:42:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Violet, Supreme, FA that whole camp is the very definition of CORNY.
[close]

This. But I'm old and that shit isn't for me anyway so whatever. Let the kids do the shit kids do.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2023, 04:45:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

didn't he leave for violet because he has like part ownership or equity stake in it with strobeck? i can understand leaving to build up a company that you will share in the profits of vs just being another player on the team (albeit the most popular player)

that being said i'll never buy a violet product but i can see the reasoning behind it

obviously baited

lil dude just not ready to make money with the big dawgs

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2023, 05:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah, but it fell through.