Author Topic: Andrew Huberman on One Life One Chance Podcast  (Read 1051 times)

El Freegano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 217
Andrew Huberman on One Life One Chance Podcast
« on: August 16, 2022, 03:44:05 AM »
Andrew Huberman was a guest at the OLOC podcast with Toby Morse (H2O)
Great talk about skateboarding, punk and life.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: Andrew Huberman on One Life One Chance Podcast
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 03:54:33 AM »
Self-improvement is un-Punk as fuck!

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 04:40:55 AM »
toby morse is a cornball

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 06:29:10 AM »
toby morse loves cops

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 09:02:24 AM »
This Huberman guy legit? I dunno just seen some clips of him and he strikes me as like ingenuine or something, I could be totally wrong tho

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 10:02:12 AM »
This Huberman guy legit? I dunno just seen some clips of him and he strikes me as like ingenuine or something, I could be totally wrong tho
yeah idk either but my feeling is "full of shit" with how much he pushes various nootropics and supplements

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 10:21:28 AM »
toby morses only two pics on discogs are hilarious:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/328874-Toby-Morse

whoever did that, hats off

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 11:36:57 AM »

He's absolutely sincere and also regularly calls himself out when he gets the smallest bits of information wrong on his podcasts. I don't know how you'd get the idea that he isn't genuine if you've watched or listened to his stuff properly.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 12:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's absolutely sincere and also regularly calls himself out when he gets the smallest bits of information wrong on his podcasts. I don't know how you'd get the idea that he isn't genuine if you've watched or listened to his stuff properly.

From my exposure to his podcast, he backs up his statements constantly and keeps things pretty nuanced, doesn't promote cure-alls, doesn't make things seem more controversial or groundbreaking than they are. His shows are boring in a good way. I'm sure you can find some things he's gotten wrong, but I think he's a pretty good-faith purveyor of objective information.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 01:24:15 PM »
Huberman is legit and he explains the science in a simple way so a dummy like me could get it and use it to make my life better. Punk is ok to be healthy ;) I remember what Ian Mackaye said in the movie American Hardcore that they didn't like the self-destructive behaviour of most of the punks in the late 70s, early 80s, so they called themselves hardcore punk ;)
Anyways, the skate and the punk stories that Huberman told in the begining of this podcast were very interesting to me. The health and science talks i have heard before on his own podcast so i just fell asleep and missed them.
Well, about Toby Morse- this photo doesn't speak well for him, but i guess it is out of context, probably it is some show and the police wanted to take a photo with him.... i dunno, i am not familiar that much with him, but do like the fact that he is a vegan sxe hardcore punk and the h20 legacy is quite good. If you have something more about his cop sympathy i would like to see.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 07:26:05 PM »

Well, about Toby Morse- this photo doesn't speak well for him, but i guess it is out of context, probably it is some show and the police wanted to take a photo with him.... i dunno, i am not familiar that much with him, but do like the fact that he is a vegan sxe hardcore punk and the h20 legacy is quite good. If you have something more about his cop sympathy i would like to see.

That photo should be enough, and H20 were/are? fucken terrible.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

apport

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 05:24:45 AM »
this is actually hugely triggering for me, whenever i see a reference to h2o that stupid ass MY FRIENDS ARE LIKE MY FAMILYYYY song reverberates through my brain loud as fuck